Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that Grace is positive but I honestly don't see how watching a super skinny woman obsessed with food living a child-like life is positive. Sure, she's chill about it, but 99 percent of her content is food.

One thing I am curious about is that Grace will often talk about her viewers as a collective. - like you all made fun of me or you all said - where is she getting this from? On YouTube the comments always look VERY positive. Do you think she reads this? Are there other message boards or threads o reddit or something?

Reactions: 6
I get that Grace is positive but I honestly don't see how watching a super skinny woman obsessed with food living a child-like life is positive. Sure, she's chill about it, but 99 percent of her content is food.

One thing I am curious about is that Grace will often talk about her viewers as a collective. - like you all made fun of me or you all said - where is she getting this from? On YouTube the comments always look VERY positive. Do you think she reads this? Are there other message boards or threads o reddit or something?
I don’t trust YouTube comments at all, pretty sure all you tubers delete negative comments

Reactions: 4
Argh this is so petty but what’s with the weird scrunched up face whenever she bites into something ?!?
It’s always so toothy!
4E0526E3-5573-4A57-AA08-586D55862078.png

Reactions: 5
She has burn out 😆From what ! Doing the chores and uploading a video once or twice, can't imagine what she would be like if she had a job. I don't know why I watch so called influencers as they irate the hell out of me with their lazyness but then I find then quite fascinating

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She has burn out 😆From what ! Doing the chores and uploading a video once or twice, can't imagine what she would be like if she had a job. I don't know why I watch so called influencers as they irate the hell out of me with their lazyness but then I find then quite fascinating
Stop 😂 I came in to say the exact time, I’m not one to get easily offended but I watched her blog absolutely shattered from studying a nursing degree from home whilst caring for my toddler who was up at 5am, I was also in work in my part time job until 10:30pm and placement starts again next week. The girl goes on about getting 10 hours of sleep a night and sits around in trackies all day baking and cooking for her family. I cannot believe the audacity! Unfortunately I think she’s turning out like all the other influencers, lazy. They seem to think a hard working day is uploading a YouTube video 😅 cringeeeeee. I’m quite surprised because her family all have hard working real jobs so thought she would be a bit more self aware but clearly not.

Reactions: 17
Lol... burn out. If only I could ditch my 9-5 for a bit to randomly wander round London for a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think a lot of people are drawn to "influencer" lifestyles because they rely on external validation. While many youtubers and instagram use those platforms to share their interests and knowledge and do work hard on it, there's many who are just "lifestlye" influencers, who want praise for essentially living their lives. We all know those people who expect you to cheer when they do a load of laundry or went to the bank. They think all the minute things they do, that others do as standard day-to-day life. This means that they never develop any real intrisic sense of self-worth or any resilliance. Most people get that feeling of accomplishment from doing something hard, a proper achievement and while praise from others is nice, it's not the reason we do it, we just want to feel good and proud of ourselves and our abilities. Grace, I think suffers massively from this. Her parents clearly told her she's the best at everything and she's not developed a resiliance that would keep her going when things aren't perfect.

I think a lot of people are drawn to "influencer" lifestyles because they rely on external validation. While many youtubers and instagram use those platforms to share their interests and knowledge and do work hard on it, there's many who are just "lifestlye" influencers, who want praise for essentially living their lives. We all know those people who expect you to cheer when they do a load of laundry or went to the bank. They think all the minute things they do, that others do as standard day-to-day life. This means that they never develop any real intrisic sense of self-worth or any resilliance. Most people get that feeling of accomplishment from doing something hard, a proper achievement and while praise from others is nice, it's not the reason we do it, we just want to feel good and proud of ourselves and our abilities. Grace, I think suffers massively from this. Her parents clearly told her she's the best at everything and she's not developed a resiliance that would keep her going when things aren't perfect.
I once saw on Misha Grimes' thread (stumbled on there by mistake lol) that on her "To Do" list that day she had 'shower' amongst other menial daily tasks that are literally just basic levels of hygiene or survival lol that really cemented the fact that these nobodies sit around all day and expect a big pay check for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I once saw on Misha Grimes' thread (stumbled on there by mistake lol) that on her "To Do" list that day she had 'shower' amongst other menial daily tasks that are literally just basic levels of hygiene or survival lol that really cemented the fact that these nobodies sit around all day and expect a big pay check for it.
No clue who they are but to-do lists like this can also indicate the person is going through mental health struggles. For me it's also been an achievement to shower, brush my teeth or do the dishes, but I was on several antidepressants. I don't doubt Grace holds high standards for her videos and can get tired when things don't go to plan as she slowly loses the hype she had over lockdown but saying it's burnout is a bit icky. You just don't feel amazing and that's normal but saying it's burnout while her parents work as teachers during a pandemic... think that should give her an idea of what an actual burnout is compared to "I'm a bit bored and a bit unhappy and want to switch things up".

Edit: I've been on a Grackle binge recently and watched her vlog where she went to Brighton for a night. Can anyone fill me in if homesickness like hers is common? I've literally never heard anyone I know irl say that? I mean, I have, but that usually happens if they go on an exchange program or are actually away from home for months at a time... Is such severe panic attack inducing stress normal if you leave for a night?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
No clue who they are but to-do lists like this can also indicate the person is going through mental health struggles. For me it's also been an achievement to shower, brush my teeth or do the dishes, but I was on several antidepressants. I don't doubt Grace holds high standards for her videos and can get tired when things don't go to plan as she slowly loses the hype she had over lockdown but saying it's burnout is a bit icky. You just don't feel amazing and that's normal but saying it's burnout while her parents work as teachers during a pandemic... think that should give her an idea of what an actual burnout is compared to "I'm a bit bored and a bit unhappy and want to switch things up".

Edit: I've been on a Grackle binge recently and watched her vlog where she went to Brighton for a night. Can anyone fill me in if homesickness like hers is common? I've literally never heard anyone I know irl say that? I mean, I have, but that usually happens if they go on an exchange problem or are actually away from home for months at a time... Is such severe panic attack inducing stress normal if you leave for a night?
I was like that when I was younger (around 9/10) staying round friends houses, but quickly grew out of it

Reactions: 3

Edit: I've been on a Grackle binge recently and watched her vlog where she went to Brighton for a night. Can anyone fill me in if homesickness like hers is common? I've literally never heard anyone I know irl say that? I mean, I have, but that usually happens if they go on an exchange problem or are actually away from home for months at a time... Is such severe panic attack inducing stress normal if you leave for a night?
I use to-do lists as a way to cope with some neurodivergences, but I would never show them off on social media because I appreciate it's unusual and also that no one cares. I doubt that applies to all of these influencers- I think it's more likely that they haven't got enough work to fill a day so they put this stuff in to look busy.

The homesickness thing I think is very unusual in adults? Probably common enough in children, but Grace is in her 20's.

Edit: I've been on a Grackle binge recently and watched her vlog where she went to Brighton for a night. Can anyone fill me in if homesickness like hers is common? I've literally never heard anyone I know irl say that? I mean, I have, but that usually happens if they go on an exchange program or are actually away from home for months at a time... Is such severe panic attack inducing stress normal if you leave for a night?
I completely respect that point of view and something I had not considered initially, thank you for pointing it out. I had post natal depression with my youngest child and I understand the difficulty in completing daily tasks. I hope my point did not come out of context, the influencer in particular I was referring to (I no longer watch her) was continuously putting up to do lists stating how busy her days were and that she had a long list of things to complete, when the majority of them were things we all do everyday. It was almost like a 'look how busy I am today' pick me type of list rather than an actual to do list that I'm sure we all have, if that makes sense?? Like she had just added 'shower' and 'work out' to make her list look longer?? Anyway, trying not to derail haha but no offence intended.
I also completely agree with the part about her parents! surely she should see how stretched they've been having to continuously adapt to the pandemic whilst maintaining their students' grades etc. I think it was poor phrasing on her behalf, I can understand her feeling unmotivated and stuck in a rut with her content especially since she blew up during lockdown so is unsure which direction to take her channel, but burnout is deffo not the way to phrase it haha.

Reactions: 4
I'm watching her latest video, I don't think she's necessarily struggling from burnout (she said she wasn't feeling motivated and questioned if it was burnout). I think the full time youtuber thing isn't for her, she's working from home, just with her family. She's definitely the sort of person who needs to work with other people. As others on this thread have said, if she got a part time job in a school or a bakery I think she'd feel a bit rejuvenated, she's deffo the sort who thrives off interacting with other people!

Reactions: 8

All o fher family are key workers, working during the pandemic as usual (in more stressful conditions) I would find it insulting if I was them listening her describing being "burnt out"
yeah I find the homesickness thing weird especially as she travelled overseas when she was modelling?

Reactions: 1
All o fher family are key workers, working during the pandemic as usual (in more stressful conditions) I would find it insulting if I was them listening her describing being "burnt out"
yeah I find the homesickness thing weird especially as she travelled overseas when she was modelling?
Yeah, I do think she's struggling but the use of burn out seems just wrong.

I find the homesickness very weird given what you said, and I also find her whole view of the world just a bit... odd?

I can kind of get it sometimes when you can tell someone has grown up in a family where there's just money and the working ethic is very different, but Grace seems to have that kind of view while having parents who have "normal" (ie not celeb/influencer) jobs?

Reactions: 5
If I were to guess, I would think it's less burnout and more a moment of grieving and mourning for Grace.

She's dating (as far as we know) and it may just be a lot for her to take on. I think she's realised she's coming to the end of her childhood - that she's expected to be an adult and leave home, start a life with someone, move away from everyone, get over her strange homesickness (I've never heard of an adult who has this degree of homesickness. As I child, I used to find people who were homesick for a sleepover as immature and we were all only eight).

I think she's grieving the loss of her childhood and cosy life at home in her bubble. It's all becoming real now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If I were to guess, I would think it's less burnout and more a moment of grieving and mourning for Grace.

She's dating (as far as we know) and it may just be a lot for her to take on. I think she's realised she's coming to the end of her childhood - that she's expected to be an adult and leave home, start a life with someone, move away from everyone, get over her strange homesickness (I've never heard of an adult who has this degree of homesickness. As I child, I used to find people who were homesick for a sleepover as immature and we were all only eight).

I think she's grieving the loss of her childhood and cosy life at home in her bubble. It's all becoming real now.
I mean... mourning childhood in your early 20s seems pretty ridiculous in itself tbh

I'm watching her latest video, I don't think she's necessarily struggling from burnout (she said she wasn't feeling motivated and questioned if it was burnout). I think the full time youtuber thing isn't for her, she's working from home, just with her family. She's definitely the sort of person who needs to work with other people. As others on this thread have said, if she got a part time job in a school or a bakery I think she'd feel a bit rejuvenated, she's deffo the sort who thrives off interacting with other people!
I really don't think she would cope with a job, she acts like someone in her early teens maybe she does have some private issues.

I could be wrong here but I kind of interpreted her 'burnout' statement as a bit of a creative burnout? Like if you were a painter for example, sometimes you'd feel a bit burnt out and lacking inspiration on what to paint?
I feel like that's a different kind of burnout to the type where you're working in a high pressure, high-demand job.
Idk just how I interpreted it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.