Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone who had an eating disorder for a fairly long period of time, my first impression is that doesn't, although she is looking better in the last year or so than she was before - I don't know if it's because she's gained a bit of weight or just has healthier habits. But she does/has done some things that do ring a bit weird a) the massive amount of baking she was doing for a period, b) she's really into feeding her dad treats/getting things for other people to eat and c) spending massive amounts of money on food/trendy treats out and just taking tiny nibbles of them. I think it's entirely possible she has had an eating disorder (or at least disordered eating) in the past and is now trying to embrace a healthy lifestyle - it would fit with how close she is with her parents, her lack of independence (even moving her bedroom upstairs when her siblings left!), etc. I don't think we will ever know, though.

Reactions: 3
I'm fairly certain that Grace did a video where she touched upon the dairy thing (it might have been part of a Q&A). She'd been ill in her teens and had a strong antibiotic that did something to her stomach. She slowly reintroduced dairy after a long time and now can eat it.

Reactions: 7
I'm fairly certain that Grace did a video where she touched upon the dairy thing (it might have been part of a Q&A). She'd been ill in her teens and had a strong antibiotic that did something to her stomach. She slowly reintroduced dairy after a long time and now can eat it.
Yeah, that came after quite a few months of her suddenly having dairy in her vlogs after saying allergy then kind of switching to intolerance, because she got so many questions that she seemed to massively resent. Even in the vlog explaining, she seemed to.

but that is really an intollerance, not an allergy, it was weird how insistent she was it was the latter imo

but that is really an intollerance, not an allergy, it was weird how insistent she was it was the latter imo
She always insisted she had a dairy intolerance, not a lactose intolerance. She never stated it was an allergy.

Reactions: 2
I think she does have an eating disorder. I have a number of friends with disordered eating.
She's exactly like them.
Everything is about food: making food, buying food, serving food, feeding others, judging food, eating food, talking about food, displaying food.
They love to be feeding others because it drives their own obsession with their weight and anyway they want to be the thinnest chick in the hen house.

Karlie Kloss was the same with her 'kookies' and food vlogs. She seems to have stopped that now that she's married and had a baby.
Grackl needs to find herself a man.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Yes I think that this hack is brilliant.
Here is the link for anyone wondering.
Does anyone want to copy the text for somebody who refuses to give the Scum clicks?

Reactions: 1
The amount of times she's filmed herself eating full portions of things and not look visibly uncomfortable makes it incredibly unlikely she has an ED. She is tall, moves a lot, and has good genes. If she had an ED someone in the family would notice.

Reactions: 12
i too have always wondered whether it was an ED seeing as I've had one for 10 years myself and can't stop projecting lol, she doesn't seem like she does although her obsession with food is a bit weird? so many people in her comments have said she helps them with eating and their ED's but honestly I had to stop watching because I found her super skinny body really triggering, you could say she can't help it but there have been clothes try on videos where it gets too much for me personally

Reactions: 1
I think Grace is lovely to watch, but I've been sat on the fence about her eating habits the entire time I've been subscribed to her. There's stuff that would point to an ED and other things that point to her being healthy. I do think when we see a very slender body these days, that we're almost conditioned to just assume they have an ED where in fact, there might be something else entirely going on. In reality, I don't think she's promoting unhealthy habits and her health and what she chooses to share is her business.

Reactions: 5
I honestly don't think she has a food obsession or anything, she seems to like food a normal amount and just makes it the centre of her video because it's her biggest interest?

Reactions: 13
I find it very strange how polarizing this debate is. I also do not agree with the argument that Grace is healthy by just NOT suffering from ED. Her body is obviously not in the healthy range and that can be without her doing anything to herself intentionally. But we shouldn't immediately say she is healthy. She probably does not have a healthy metabolism, on the contrary, her metabolism is going on override this being caused by thyroid disorder or other hormonal imbalance which is definitely not something I would class as healthy. Her body size might also have future implecations, e.g. not being able to carry children so easily, etc. We just do not know...

Honestly I just find this diagnosing her when we know nothing about her a bit weird. We have no reason to assume she's not healthy and happy right now, and she's not exhibiting any harmful or concerning behaviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I find it very strange how polarizing this debate is. I also do not agree with the argument that Grace is healthy by just NOT suffering from ED. Her body is obviously not in the healthy range and that can be without her doing anything to herself intentionally. But we shouldn't immediately say she is healthy. She probably does not have a healthy metabolism, on the contrary, her metabolism is going on override this being caused by thyroid disorder or other hormonal imbalance which is definitely not something I would class as healthy. Her body size might also have future implecations, e.g. not being able to carry children so easily, etc. We just do not know...
As a doctor I have to say this is a REACH. Her body doesn't look 'obviously not in the healthy range' to me, maybe lower end of normal like BMI 19-ish but she doesn't look unhealthy. She's slim, not emaciated. I would certainly not look at her and worry about thyroid problems etc, unless she had symptoms.

Reactions: 16
Honestly I just find this diagnosing her when we know nothing about her a bit weird. We have no reason to assume she's not healthy and happy right now, and she's not exhibiting any harmful or concerning behaviours.
I mean, this is a gossip forum but this thread can be so strange when it comes to anyone criticising her? People are just saying things they have observed or at least wondered to themselves, the majority of us probably aren't doctors and what we say here holds no real value haha

Reactions: 3
People saying about her obsession with food, maybe that’s just the content she likes? We do only see what she puts out, and personally the food vids are my favourite

Reactions: 10
I mean, this is a gossip forum but this thread can be so strange when it comes to anyone criticising her? People are just saying things they have observed or at least wondered to themselves, the majority of us probably aren't doctors and what we say here holds no real value haha
I personally think there's a line when it comes to gossip, and getting into debating whether someone has an eating disorder with little to no evidence crosses that line. If the line doesn't exist for you then that's fine.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.