Grackle #3 Barely dated and married off. Zoe Sugg must be devastated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she did, but only weeks later. Weeks of people having asked in her comments about the random reintroduction and she hugely implied on several occasions they were being unreasonable/far too intrusive by asking about it.
yeah exactly, and only onher extra grack vlog which I imagine most people don't watch

Reactions: 3
Considering her family don’t like her wearing non modest clothing I’m actually shocked they allowed her to model?

Reactions: 5
I don't think her church/family are as strict as some people might be assuming. She still freely watches movies and TV shows that involve sex out of marriage and other things that probably don't align with her church. She's still friends with people who aren't religious at all (Taz is all I know of but still). She also still does a lot of things on her own like travelling and staying in hotels alone and meeting her bf alone. And yeah the modelling.

I think if the church was stricter she wouldn't be doing those things. She does come across as 50s housewife-ish but I think that's partially just her personality. Same with the modest clothing thing, she's a prude. Her dad might not like revealing clothing but thats not necessarily all about the church. Plenty of dad's don't like their children dressing a certain way (not that I agree he should be able to police an adult woman).

Reactions: 4
I know lots of people that belong to strict evangelical churches but warmth certain types of movies. Actually, one of the reasons they like romcoms is that they are about love and (usually) end in marriage - they don’t challenge social norms in any way. Just because she can meet her boyfriend alone doesn’t mean her parents would approve of gay friends or anything. I mean, she’s clearly not super culty fundamentalist, but I wouldn’t be surprised if her upbringing was pretty locked down.

Reactions: 11
I don't think her church/family are as strict as some people might be assuming. She still freely watches movies and TV shows that involve sex out of marriage and other things that probably don't align with her church. She's still friends with people who aren't religious at all (Taz is all I know of but still). She also still does a lot of things on her own like travelling and staying in hotels alone and meeting her bf alone. And yeah the modelling.

I think if the church was stricter she wouldn't be doing those things. She does come across as 50s housewife-ish but I think that's partially just her personality. Same with the modest clothing thing, she's a prude. Her dad might not like revealing clothing but thats not necessarily all about the church. Plenty of dad's don't like their children dressing a certain way (not that I agree he should be able to police an adult woman).
Her churches entire shtick is to appear modern, hip and multicultural to attract a wider range of people than a more traditional ‘fire and brimstone’ fundamentalist church. Think lots of (Christian) pop music, sermons about social media and that kind of thing. Idk if anyone knows of Hillsong church, it’s a Pentecostal church that is really popular with celebrities in Hollywood, like Justin Bieber and Chris Pratt. Grace’s church is under the same umbrella of churches as that. They aren’t total weirdos like the Amish or something, they live normal lives and integrate with society, but they can still harbour some pretty regressive views in private. In places where these types of churches are larger and have more influence on society (aus and the states) they often get involved in controversy for saying inflammatory things.

Reactions: 17
Considering her family don’t like her wearing non modest clothing I’m actually shocked they allowed her to model?
idk if we can assume her family don't like her wearing 'non modest clothing' by a few minutes here and there in her videos

like grace, i dress fairly conservatively (self conscious but also to try to avoid harassment, not that this really seems to make a difference though, and I know the onus for preventing this behaviour is on the men who do it) and when I've worn a low cut top before, people like my family/partner have been a bit surprised by it, because it's so different to something I'd usually wear - I took her family's reactions to be surprise at how different she looked??

though if their reactions were due to the 'non modest clothing', it'd be weird if they were happy for her to model, especially when it's a notoriously predatory industry. perhaps her family were less financially comfortable then and were happy for grace to model so she could accrue some savings for university life?

Reactions: 1
I think they ate probably more religious in a strict way than we realise, remember the Harry Potter thing which presumably is because it is anti Christian?

Reactions: 6
Wasn’t the entire issue with her sister’s comment that it was along the lines of “haven’t you got any self respect?”

I haven’t seen it personally, but I’m sure that’s what the person who did see it remembers her saying. Worrying that a loved one might be harassed for a clothing choice is one thing, but a comment like that is…a lot 😬

Reactions: 9
Wasn’t the entire issue with her sister’s comment that it was along the lines of “haven’t you got any self respect?”

I haven’t seen it personally, but I’m sure that’s what the person who did see it remembers her saying. Worrying that a loved one might be harassed for a clothing choice is one thing, but a comment like that is…a lot 😬
Exactly and they know they’ll be recorded and this will be posted for tons to see and the fact they didn’t ask her to cut it out of the video shows their attitude

Reactions: 6
Exactly and they know they’ll be recorded and this will be posted for tons to see and the fact they didn’t ask her to cut it out of the video shows their attitude
Yeh that she thinks it is normal is very telling

Reactions: 8
I think they ate probably more religious in a strict way than we realise, remember the Harry Potter thing which presumably is because it is anti Christian?
i think i must have missed this, what happened?

I think not being able to watch Harry Potter or 'hating' Halloween pretty much shows you how strict their religion is.

I think not being able to watch Harry Potter or 'hating' Halloween pretty much shows you how strict their religion is.
Again, this is pretty common. I did admittedly grow up in the church, but I know tonnes of families who never celebrated Halloween as children and now don't get the hype because they don't have that nostalgia tied to it.

Again, this is pretty common. I did admittedly grow up in the church, but I know tonnes of families who never celebrated Halloween as children and now don't get the hype because they don't have that nostalgia tied to it.
I know people here want to defend their faith, but we aren't talking about your faith, we are talking about Grace. Her faith is clearly very controlling and unhealthy. You don't need to take it as a personal dig at yours. Mentally she's not far off being a child with no life experience, going straight into wife mode. It's not right. Her faith has a hell of a lot to do with that life choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I know people here want to defend their faith, but we aren't talking about your faith, we are talking about Grace. Her faith is clearly very controlling and unhealthy. You don't need to take it as a personal dig at yours. Mentally she's not far off being a child with no life experience, going straight into wife mode. It's not right. Her faith has a hell of a lot to do with that life choice.
I know, I'm just saying I think it's common to not enjoy halloween in the UK. It's not been a big thing until recently and for a lot of people it just doesn't hold that magic or interest so people skip over it. I tried explicitly to disconnect it from my experience if you read my post, and I do think this is something that isn't her church being culty.

I know, I'm just saying I think it's common to not enjoy halloween in the UK. It's not been a big thing until recently and for a lot of people it just doesn't hold that magic or interest so people skip over it. I tried explicitly to disconnect it from my experience if you read my post, and I do think this is something that isn't her church being culty.
You took one part of my post though. And not enjoying Halloween is different to actively hating it. Sure, loads of people don't like Halloween, whether they are religious or not, in itself that means nothing. But it's part of a picture with Grace. She has a very repressed lifestyle which lots of evidence points to being a result of (most likely her Father's) strong faith and the role it's played on her resulting upbringing. Look people can believe what they want, but when it results in mentally stunting someone and then getting them wifed at the first opportunity, I'm not going to agree it's a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think the Halloween thing is much less serious of an issue than not being able to read a fictional children's book tbh

Reactions: 13
I never even thought of connecting her dislike for HP and Halloween to Christianity but wow it makes so much sense. Especially since Grace loves all sorts of holidays and gimmicky holiday food, surely she should love Halloween too..

Harry Potter and Halloween aside, it’s evident Graces family is unusually religious for 21st century Britain solely because all three siblings in the family got married off in a matter of months to the first person they dated and they clearly don’t do sex before marriage. Each to their own but in the 21st century among British people that’s incredibly unusual and to most is considered overly religious. Even going to church every week as a young adult puts you in a tiny minority. I went to a church school until I was 18 and went to church as a kid but I still don’t know a single person who waited until marriage to have sex, except jehovahs witnesses (who are literally in a cult).

I just feel like kind of faith Grace has seems extreme to most people who were raised vaguely Christian in the UK..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I never even thought of connecting her dislike for HP and Halloween to Christianity but wow it makes so much sense. Especially since Grace loves all sorts of holidays and gimmicky holiday food, surely she should love Halloween too..

Harry Potter and Halloween aside, it’s evident Graces family is unusually religious for 21st century Britain solely because all three siblings in the family got married off in a matter of months to the first person they dated and they clearly don’t do sex before marriage. Each to their own but in the 21st century among British people that’s incredibly unusual and to most is considered overly religious. Even going to church every week as a young adult puts you in a tiny minority. I went to a church school until I was 18 and went to church as a kid but I still don’t know a single person who waited until marriage to have sex, except jehovahs witnesses (who are literally in a cult).

I just feel like kind of faith Grace has seems extreme to most people who were raised vaguely Christian in the UK..
Agreed, I feel like her family is so much stricter than most Christian families. I also think it's interesting Chloe married the literal son of the pastor at their church. Not sure about Jesse, but wouldn't be surprised at all if his wife is also involved in their church.
When Grace would film their church nothing seemed all that off about it, just people gathering to eat, sing hymns etc but then she barely filmed much of their church so I'm sure there's a lot behind closed doors we don't know about.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.