Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s 25 years old and first started referencing him in vlogs over a year ago. I’d say it’s likely she’s known of him for many years within church circles. What’s so rushed about that? I’ll never understand why people feel the need to assess whether the decisions that strangers make in their lives are the right ones or not. There’s enough bad news in the world, and I can see the joy beaming from Grace in her video. Looking forward to wedding content if she shares it with us… I already know her wedding cake is going to be something special.
For me , 25 is a perfectly acceptable age to get engaged . For most , you’ve had a chance then to live with your partner , experience the world , have a job and mix with lots of different people . It’s fine to settle down then .

also being with someone a year , seems somewhat quick to me but it isn’t raising eyebrows overly .

but Grace isn’t a normal 25 year old . She hasn’t had a job , she hasn’t moved out of home . I’ve seen with my own sibling and friends .. you cannot age beyond 16-18 while living at home . You might think you can , but you’ll always be somewhat stuck

personally I don’t think if you haven’t paid a bill yourself and your parents are still cooking your tea every night (I know Grace cooks but it’s just an example) , you’re not ready for marriage

marriage is also about more than love . Sad but it’s true . You’ve got to be compatible on all levels for it to work . I just don’t see how you can know that if you’ve never lived together outside of the family home . You haven’t managed finances together , you haven’t seen how the other one lives and spends their time . You might have fundamental differences . There is also speculation that the family are a no sex before marriage type . What if you’re not sexually compatible ? You can fancy each other but the sex might be dreadful , and for me at least connecting on that level too is so important for a successful marriage . It’s also about compromise , communication .. two skills which need maturity in order to develop

Obviously it is her life and she and her family clearly have different views around marriage and different priorities to me , but it is a red flag that she acts so young so for me this feels like someone who is 17 getting engaged to their school boyfriend who they’ve only held hands with .. not a mature 25 year old getting engaged to their partner

Reactions: 15
For me , 25 is a perfectly acceptable age to get engaged . For most , you’ve had a chance then to live with your partner , experience the world , have a job and mix with lots of different people . It’s fine to settle down then .

also being with someone a year , seems somewhat quick to me but it isn’t raising eyebrows overly .

but Grace isn’t a normal 25 year old . She hasn’t had a job , she hasn’t moved out of home . I’ve seen with my own sibling and friends .. you cannot age beyond 16-18 while living at home . You might think you can , but you’ll always be somewhat stuck

personally I don’t think if you haven’t paid a bill yourself and your parents are still cooking your tea every night (I know Grace cooks but it’s just an example) , you’re not ready for marriage

marriage is also about more than love . Sad but it’s true . You’ve got to be compatible on all levels for it to work . I just don’t see how you can know that if you’ve never lived together outside of the family home . You haven’t managed finances together , you haven’t seen how the other one lives and spends their time . You might have fundamental differences . There is also speculation that the family are a no sex before marriage type . What if you’re not sexually compatible ? You can fancy each other but the sex might be dreadful , and for me at least connecting on that level too is so important for a successful marriage . It’s also about compromise , communication .. two skills which need maturity in order to develop

Obviously it is her life and she and her family clearly have different views around marriage and different priorities to me , but it is a red flag that she acts so young so for me this feels like someone who is 17 getting engaged to their school boyfriend who they’ve only held hands with .. not a mature 25 year old getting engaged to their partner
As happy I am that she is happy, I do kind of agree and have always thought that people who get married so soon after meeting their partner without doing any of what you’ve mentioned above are very brave. I know it works for some people but I also wonder if people put a brave face on for the outside world because divorce is taboo (I’m Jewish and think about this a lot with very religious Jewish couples who are even more extreme when it comes to marrying people they barely know). I take such a huge risk personally but I’m not them!

Reactions: 5
As happy I am that she is happy, I do kind of agree and have always thought that people who get married so soon after meeting their partner without doing any of what you’ve mentioned above are very brave. I know it works for some people but I also wonder if people put a brave face on for the outside world because divorce is taboo (I’m Jewish and think about this a lot with very religious Jewish couples who are even more extreme when it comes to marrying people they barely know). I take such a huge risk personally but I’m not them!
I wouldn’t take such a huge risk***

Reactions: 2
There’s people who grew up together and get married after like 20 years who divorce after months there’s people who met and get married within a few months who last a lifetime. It just depends

Also Grace seems like an over thinker I’m sure if it wasn’t right she would’ve said no or they probs talked about marriage beforehand n she would’ve said she doesn’t feel ready. I think 25 is fine she’s got years to be married to him and experience things before the pressure of kids come. I’m not a church person so I’m not sure how long they wait before kids but I’m hoping Grace waits she’s a child still herself so 😂

There’s people who grew up together and get married after like 20 years who divorce after months there’s people who met and get married within a few months who last a lifetime. It just depends

Also Grace seems like an over thinker I’m sure if it wasn’t right she would’ve said no or they probs talked about marriage beforehand n she would’ve said she doesn’t feel ready. I think 25 is fine she’s got years to be married to him and experience things before the pressure of kids come. I’m not a church person so I’m not sure how long they wait before kids but I’m hoping Grace waits she’s a child still herself so 😂
100% there is no “one size fits all” for marriage and as I said above , people do have wildly varying priorities and views on marriage . I’m sure they talked about it and her TikTok certainly confirms that it wasn’t a surprise

I guess my issue is just with how immature she is and I have concerns about how the marriage will work considering she hasn’t lived a proper adult life yet , and imo marriage is so sacred and not something to be rushed into

but we never know what is going on behind closed doors etc, so 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think if she is as religious as we think she is she probably won't be using birth control so could potentially have children quite quickly

Reactions: 4
She’s 25 years old and first started referencing him in vlogs over a year ago. I’d say it’s likely she’s known of him for many years within church circles. What’s so rushed about that? I’ll never understand why people feel the need to assess whether the decisions that strangers make in their lives are the right ones or not. There’s enough bad news in the world, and I can see the joy beaming from Grace in her video. Looking forward to wedding content if she shares it with us… I already know her wedding cake is going to be something special.
I think she mentioned she met him on a dating app, he’s not from her church. He did have a cross in his insta bio though so I assume he is a devout Christian like her.

I don’t buy this at all. You’re ignoring her job as a content creator, and her impressive work in fashion modelling. They might not be “real jobs” to you, but that doesn’t make it true. As for your opinion that anyone living at home past 18 doesn’t mature beyond that, well, hard disagree. I think that’s just a load of rubbish and that’s the friendliest way I can put it. It’s also more common than ever for 25 year olds to still live with their parents. So she’s not really so abnormal after all, is she?

I think there’s a hell of a lot of ignorance showing in the criticism towards her and her engagement, which would be fine if it had been kept away from the rave thread. 🙄

Reactions: 12
I don’t buy this at all. You’re ignoring her job as a content creator, and her impressive work in fashion modelling. They might not be “real jobs” to you, but that doesn’t make it true. As for your opinion that anyone living at home past 18 doesn’t mature beyond that, well, hard disagree. I think that’s just a load of rubbish and that’s the friendliest way I can put it. It’s also more common than ever for 25 year olds to still live with their parents. So she’s not really so abnormal after all, is she?

I think there’s a hell of a lot of ignorance showing in the criticism towards her and her engagement, which would be fine if it had been kept away from the rave thread. 🙄
Yeah can we keep it separate plz, I post on both threads but like this is the rave thread so what’s the point in posting criticisms here?

• Heart

just because someone disagrees with you , doesn’t make them ignorant . Apologies - I’ve clearly touched a nerve but there’s no need to be so defensive and rude to those who have different opinions …

And sorry if I did say anything overly critical - it wasn’t my intention to derail the rave thread . I just think she is not the most mature person and this has been reflected in previous pages in comments from others agreeing . You can like someone and also think they’re not mature . And I am sorry , but if you haven’t paid bills , worked a job where you have had traditional colleagues , a boss , and work you don’t necessarily wanted to do , I struggle to see how you can possibly be considered mature enough to get married . I don’t want to criticise her & didn’t think I was but I will now keep any comments that aren’t blowing smoke up her arse to the other thread 🙂

just because someone disagrees with you , doesn’t make them ignorant . Apologies - I’ve clearly touched a nerve but there’s no need to be so defensive and rude to those who have different opinions …
Oh, please. I’m not being rude, I’m responding to you, responding to me. I’m seeing plenty of ignorance and I’ll say it as I see it.

• Haha
if you haven’t paid bills , worked a job where you have had traditional colleagues , a boss , and work you don’t necessarily wanted to do , I struggle to see how you can possibly be considered mature enough to get married
I think this is such an inward view of the world. Clearly this is where we differ. You want people to suffer in a job they don’t like or aren’t suited to in order to qualify in your eyes for marriage? And you’ve assumed she doesn’t pay bills, like she doesn’t own a car or a phone, or have taxes to pay like every other self-employed person? So much of the criticism I see of Grace distorts her into this 25-year old baby when genuinely all I see is a woman with more financial, academic, familial and romantic success than the average 25-year old.

Reactions: 10
Grace has such a bold character her personality is very out there imo and I think for him to propose before they live together ( assuming they aren’t ) and before things other would do seems like he’s pretty set on her. She’s extremely opinionsted she’s not an easy going person.
also personally don’t think Maturity can be measured in 21 my age would suggest I’m not mature but the things I’ve been through and/or have done could make people consider me more mature than some 30 year olds and vice versa. I think unless or until it fails gotta give it the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best. She seems genuinely happy. I think some people need to modernise their requirements for marriage. Im sure her parents would’ve had their input if they wasn’t sure about it. They seem like a blunt honest family.
also some of this hostility Is coming off as jealousy the girls happy what more can you want 😂. I’m not educated on Irish travellers but some went to my school. They leave at a young age get married and I’m pretty sure they never have a ‘normal’ job yet they’re married n some if not most are successful. You may not agree w how their marriage is run or the foundation of it but at the end of the day … she’s getting married regardless 😂😂

And sorry if I did say anything overly critical - it wasn’t my intention to derail the rave thread . I just think she is not the most mature person and this has been reflected in previous pages in comments from others agreeing . You can like someone and also think they’re not mature . And I am sorry , but if you haven’t paid bills , worked a job where you have had traditional colleagues , a boss , and work you don’t necessarily wanted to do , I struggle to see how you can possibly be considered mature enough to get married . I don’t want to criticise her & didn’t think I was but I will now keep any comments that aren’t blowing smoke up her arse to the other thread 🙂
I’m so sorry you sound stupid and I know you’re gonna retaliate but paying bills or having a job you hate or a boss you hate doesn’t make you mature that’s the dumbest example I’m so sorry. Take this more as humour not a direct like mean thing but that’s absolute stupid. So people who are currently married and love their job or don’t have traditional colleagues aren’t mature enough … it’s 2022 most companies don’t work how they did 10 or even 5 years ago. A job n bills don’t determine your maturity level. There’s 16 year olds who are way more mature than some adults in there 30s. It’s a mental thing not external things. Again this wasn’t intended to be rude I’m just very blunt but your comment is stupid. My bf lives alone, pays his own bills, has a ‘traditional job’ etc and that boy is like a big baby 😂😂 granted we are early 20s I’m at Uni, even he would say I’m more mature than him lol grace is still very young she doesn’t need to be mature lol all she has to do is be happy and stable. Who’s to say she isn’t paying rent to her parents or does her own food shopping. She technically does have a boss just it’s YouTube and her viewers.

sorry for the rant but some of u are ridiculous. I won’t be commenting anymore lol I’m sure that para is enough to bore u all

Last edited:
She was talking about using dating apps last year.. so I think she met him on an app (Christian or otherwise). He's also not from the same area as her, he just moved to London for work when he finished his masters (and probably met Grace on an app soon after that). If she knew met through church they would have already been together and possibly engaged long ago. She was talking about being very single up until summer of last year.

Reactions: 3
To be honest some of the responses to her engagement have been utterly bizarre, people are acting like her life is basically over, and all she’s going to do now is have kids and be a home maker, she wont ever work now etc…
First of all, if that’s what she wants to do then what is the problem? Secondly, she can obviously still work she wants to, like it’s 2022, women can be mothers and still have careers lmao.
I’m really not a Grace fan at all but some of the things people are saying actually reek of sexism and misogyny.
criticism of this is no more sexist and misogynistic than the christian religion that her family follows that makes her think she needs to marry so quickly

Reactions: 1
criticism of this is no more sexist and misogynistic than the christian religion that her family follows that makes her think she needs to marry so quickly
…. Please show me at which point I said that christianity (or any religion for that matter) isn’t also problematic in terms of the way women are seen and treated? Lmao

idk why everyone's so surprised! i'm not sure if it's the other thread or not but everyone seemed to know she was dating someone and i've felt like an engagement was coming soon for a while. i don't think there's anything wrong with getting engaged and married quickly. i know many, many people who have done the same thing because of culture and i would say 90% are thriving.

Reactions: 3
No one would mention Grace's religion if she wasn't a Christian. It's still bigotry and religious intolerance even when they are a white Christian. Grace has every right to practice her religion and follow the cultures of that religion and she has a right to do so without being criticised or judged for it. And I'm saying that as an atheist.

• Heart
Reactions: 12