Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cof E is very different, Half of my family is CofE and half Catholic (I am Catholic, vaguely) in Catholicism they definitely have not, obviously still no female priests or gay marriage, and I went to the wedding of a friend of mine who had already had a child (with the man she was marrying) and the child was ignored during the whole ceremony, lots of mentions of "when you have children in the future", thank god the child was too young to understand
An Irish influencer (he has a thread here) who is a married gay man with a baby through surrogacy just got the baby baptised in a Catholic Church. The church might not allow gays to get married or allow women to be priests but they’re losing members so they’ll usually just be welcoming to whoever is interested in joining because they’re desperate to keep numbers up. I know plenty of unwed/single mothers who’ve had catholic baptisms or marriages, and there’s also a not-insignificant number of ‘lgbt catholics’ (i can’t even imagine). I think it depends on the parish and how traditional the local priest is a lot of the time.

Reactions: 3
Birth control is totally allowed in most sects of Christianity these days - the Church of England has been cool with it since the 1930s and most other ones follow suit. It's not allowed in Catholicism however (obviously personal experiences may differ).

Reactions: 6
I'm so happy she's engaged, but I never get how couples who haven't lived together know they are full compatible. My friend just got married (late twenties) and they both moved into together the day of their wedding - both lived with their parents prior. Her husband was used to being babied by his mother and doesn't clean/now how to cook and just lounges around, which annoys my friend.

Grace seems so childlike. I can't imagine her running a household.

Reactions: 10
I'm so happy she's engaged, but I never get how couples who haven't lived together know they are full compatible. My friend just got married (late twenties) and they both moved into together the day of their wedding - both lived with their parents prior. Her husband was used to being babied by his mother and doesn't clean/now how to cook and just lounges around, which annoys my friend.

Grace seems so childlike. I can't imagine her running a household.
I'm not married to my partner but I didn't know what living with him would be like before I moved in with him. A wedding doesn't really mean anything other than a ceremony and a party, the living with each other is unknown whether you get married beforehand or not.

Reactions: 2
I'm not married to my partner but I didn't know what living with him would be like before I moved in with him. A wedding doesn't really mean anything other than a ceremony and a party, the living with each other is unknown whether you get married beforehand or not.
Yeah but it's going to be more awkward if you get married first and then find out you don't get on when living together...
Each to their own but I couldn't imagine getting married to someone without living together first. Living and running a home together is a very different vibe to just going on dates and going round to each others places.

Reactions: 10
Yeah but tbf the point is, if you moved in with your partner and was like hmm not for me, you could’ve easily walked away. If you’re moving in with them them for the first time after you’ve got married, yes you can still leave but you’ve also got a messy divorce on your hands lmao

Reactions: 9
Yeah but it's going to be more awkward if you get married first and then find out you don't get on when living together...
Each to their own but I couldn't imagine getting married to someone without living together first. Living and running a home together is a very different vibe to just going on dates and going round to each others places.
I don't really understand why people think a divorce is so difficult. Me and my partner have very intertwined finances, sorting that out would be difficult whether we were married or not. A divorce is just a legal thing, all of the finances is the bit that's difficult and that needs to be sorted either way

Yeah but tbf the point is, if you moved in with your partner and was like hmm not for me, you could’ve easily walked away. If you’re moving in with them them for the first time after you’ve got married, yes you can still leave but you’ve also got a messy divorce on your hands lmao
The divorce is just the legal bit, the other stuff involved is difficult to sort out, which needs sorting either way

I don't really understand why people think a divorce is so difficult. Me and my partner have very intertwined finances, sorting that out would be difficult whether we were married or not. A divorce is just a legal thing, all of the finances is the bit that's difficult and that needs to be sorted either way

The divorce is just the legal bit, the other stuff involved is difficult to sort out, which needs sorting either way

this is such a weird take lmao. obviously marrying someone, spending money on a wedding, changing your name (if you choose to) and preparing for a life together that then doesn't work out after you move in is more stressful and difficult (and, crucially, could be avoided)

Reactions: 17
this is such a weird take lmao. obviously marrying someone, spending money on a wedding, changing your name (if you choose to) and preparing for a life together that then doesn't work out after you move in is more stressful and difficult (and, crucially, could be avoided)
You are talking about a wedding, I'm talking about a divorce, one is usually the start of a marriage and the other is usually the end of the relationship. I hope that explanation helps

What? There are so many reasons why a divorce is often difficult, for a start you have to have been married for over a year to even be allowed to get divorced, secondly both parties have to agree to it, if one refuses then it instantly becomes much more complicated, solicitors have to get involved (which will cost you) and you could even end up having to go to court if it cannot be resolved.
It’s often not easy at all lmao.

What? There are so many reasons why a divorce is often difficult, for a start you have to have been married for over a year to even be allowed to get divorced, secondly both parties have to agree to it, if one refuses then it instantly becomes much more complicated, solicitors have to get involved (which will cost you) and you could even end up having to go to court if it cannot be resolved.
Also, isn't divorce heavily discouraged in their type of Christianity? There's probably a lot of pressure to stay together and have lots of kids

Reactions: 7
Is it any easier if you haven't been married? If one partner refuses to engage in the process of separation, whether you are married or not, it's difficult. In some ways you are more protected if you've been married because there are regulations surrounding it. The point I am making is that getting married before you live with the other person is neither here nor there, learning to live with another person is the bit that's difficult. Marriage and divorce are just the legal bits, the living together is what takes work so I don't get why people are saying they should live together first. If Grace wants to get married first, it doesn't really matter because it doesn't change that splitting up is tough, married or not.

Reactions: 1
Is it any easier if you haven't been married? If one partner refuses to engage in the process of separation, whether you are married or not, it's difficult. In some ways you are more protected if you've been married because there are regulations surrounding it. The point I am making is that getting married before you live with the other person is neither here nor there, learning to live with another person is the bit that's difficult. Marriage and divorce are just the legal bits, the living together is what takes work so I don't get why people are saying they should live together first. If Grace wants to get married first, it doesn't really matter because it doesn't change that splitting up is tough, married or not.
In any case it about learning about each other/their habits on a much deeper level. I'd rather do this before marriage and the honeymoon period set in to fully have habits set in place.

Also, for me its about Grace and her childlike behaviour. Had she lived with roommates or just away from her parents before she was engaged I might think differently about the situation. Yeah, she was a model/had this whole life before she was 20, but I think she infantilized herself since her YT success.

Honestly, even though I’ve felt she needed to be a bit more grown up for a while, I’m way less into the idea of watching the blogs of a married 24 year old. Her bling lifestyle hasn’t felt relatable for quite sometime but at least there was still the occasional homey, comfy vibe going on. I’m older than her, not married, and will no longer find it relatable.

Reactions: 8
The fact she seems SO happy is just lovely but proves what a sheltered life she leads which is sad. She’s amazed by being somewhere that isn’t London or New York and she isn’t in a supermarket!! She looks so happy and genuinely think she is. Her wedding looked lovely.

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow, never imagined seeing her as a bride but she does look lovely. No pictures of the her and her husband?