Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HilaQueen

Look, as an anorexic, I genuinely find this kind of discussion incredibly naive and frustrating.
Firstly, Grace clearly has no phobias. She eats everything, she touches all kinds of foods. She doesn't have a strict food routine and never sticks to safe foods - her diet is varied, there's nothing she stays clear from and she's not frightened of things like butter, oil or nuts - mayjor healthy food relationship vibes there.

Secondly, only eating a bite of a biscuit in a video in a taste-testing video - GOOD
There are so many fucking unhealthy binge-eating channels on YouTube where they eat everything in ridiculous amounts.
That's not healthy.

A normal, healthy person only takes a bite of something when taste-testing something - it's what chefs do and it's what reviewers do. That's the whole point of "taste testing"
Comparing her to her older FAHTER's eating habits is asinine.

a) he's a man b) he's older. He probably doesn't care about his physique the same way a 20-something-year-old woman does (shocker), and he's a man! Their metabolisms are totally different. My mother doesn't have an eating disorder, but she eats very differently from my uncle. My uncle is in his sixties, a gym freak, and he'll devour a packet of biscuits without a second thought. My mother, who just cares about cholesterol and isn't as hungry, will probably eat a biscuit.

Not eating the whole this in a TASTE TESTING video is normal and healthy. Good on Grace!
What's not healthy are those binge-eating videos that promote unhealthy, disordered, gorging on all the food in front of them

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45

poollounger

I feel like some people have genuinely forgotten what a normal, healthy, portion of food looks like. Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect and don't often eat like this but yes your plate shouldn't be overloaded with food and about a third of it should be vegetables. From what I can see her family eat pretty much the standard, recommended diet of foods

• Heart
Reactions: 40

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I think she does these challenges because its something new for her, not because she thinks its the most out of the ordinary thing to wake up at half 5 in the morning. Its the same as doing a week on plant based or something, its not say that she invented it, its just documenting an interesting change in routine.

Reactions: 34

poollounger

People are making a hell of a lot of assumptions about her life choices when she literally hasn't mentioned anything about it since getting a boyfriend

Reactions: 32

buzzy123

She's already going to London and exposing others as she can be still infectious. She did follow the guidelines this time though..
I’ve got covid at the moment and the advice is that you don’t need to self isolate beyond the ten days unless you’ve still got a fever so I don’t think it’s fair to slate her as it’s highly unlikely she’s infectious anymore.

Reactions: 31

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I think if you can't trust your mum to tell you the brutal truth who can you trust. I like the fact her mum just tells the truth so when she says its 10 out of 10 or something is lovely. You know she's being honest

Reactions: 30

poollounger

To be fair I'm sure the majority of her audience is her age or younger and probably don't wake up at 5:30 every day. I'm a year younger than her and none of my friends wake up earlier than mid-morning at the moment due to either being unemployed, on furlough or still at uni. And loads of people working from home are definitely not getting up earlier than needed. Her content is never gonna suit absolutely everyone's lifestyle so personally, I'm not gonna be offended by that. Everyone's view is valid though of course

• Heart

macrofriendly

VIP Member
Does anyone else think Honor is Grace's 'friend'. Obviously women can be friends but I always felt something when watching them together and after a long period of no Honor in the vlogs, she's suddenly around a lot... Just something that has been playing on my mind
There's reading into things and then there's reading into things a little too much 😅

• Haha

weinercakes

She’s so out of touch. She used to be relatable in lockdown, wasn’t splurging on mad shit, was realistic and fun. She used to do those well informative videos as well which obviously took a lot of research, about special diets and rations, etc. Think the easy YouTube dolla just got to her head, and she’s taking lazy way out. It’s mad to think she’s nearly 25 and acting like a teen still..

She’s also got more of a snarky little attitude now. Also gets on my tits how she’s always going on about the “service” in places, even just small bakeries. That one video recently where she got that almond croissant where she said the service wasn’t the best.. it’s literally a bakery, not a 5 star restaurant?? Saying they were rushed, yes because there’s staff shortages all over the shop due to Corona?? Tell us you live in a bubble and haven’t worked before without telling us you live in a bubble and haven’t worked before. Why air them out on your channel like that for no good reason, and potentially damage their rep. You literally don’t need to always mention the “service” it seems like such a middle class hooty tooty thing to be bothered about, unless you’re paying decent money at a fancier place

that was a pure rant, it honestly does my head in tho omg

Last edited:
  • Heart

menolikey

Despite being an atheist I would really like to see a video where she speaks about church stuff and her beliefs but I suppose some people would find that quite controversial and unsub. She obviously enjoys her involvement in the church so it would be nice to get to know that side of her.

Reactions: 28

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I remember once, in a Q&A type thing Grace did, Chloe said one of the things she loved/respected about Grace was that she was always unapologetically herself, no matter what. Given that that's her character, I'd be very surprised if she moulded herself to anyone in order to keep them, nor would she rush into anything she wasn't comfortable with. Don't forget, she left her management company because she wasn't happy with the route they wanted her to take. I think she is childlike but that it is only very superficial and she's actually quite mature and capable.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I feel like Grace is one of the only YouTubers who means it when they say xmas isn't all about getting presents. She genuinely cherishes the time spent with family and giving back. You get your Saffron Barkers doing their tacky 'new money' designer hauls and always add in the token 'presents don't matter!' line as if they wouldn't have a face like thunder all day if there wasn't a Chanel box under the tree.

Doc

VIP Member
I get that but I’m not talking about mentioning it in a video or uploading a video on the matter... just a simple repost on her insta story would help a lot. As women we should all be raising awareness in any way we can, she can influence her followers to speak up too. The more voices, the sooner we will be heard.
I think there’s a real problem in asserting how women ‘should’ express things. I agree that it is an issue the needs serious discussion and addressing and if Grace wants to do so publicly that’s fine. But equally if she doesn’t want to, that is her right and prerogative and she shouldn’t be shamed for it. She maybe hasn’t even consolodated her own thoughts on something so serious and doesn’t want to blindly repost without thinking. I know I haven’t reposted anything for that reason and I’ve got 15 years on her.

• Heart

Kit123

VIP Member
Yeah I don't think she has a problem with food. I don't think they have small portions either? They always have a pudding after dinner too and snacks in the evening. I don't even do that! I mean I don't have any experience but from what I can see she just has a fast metabolism.

Reactions: 26

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
She’s so out of touch. She used to be relatable in lockdown, wasn’t splurging on mad shit, was realistic and fun. She used to do those well informative videos as well which obviously took a lot of research, about special diets and rations, etc. Think the easy YouTube dolla just got to her head, and she’s taking lazy way out. It’s mad to think she’s nearly 25 and acting like a teen still..

also gets on my tits how she’s always going on about the “service” in places, even just small bakeries. That one recently where she got that almond croissant where she said the service wasn’t the best.. it’s literally a bakery, not a 5 star restaurant?? Saying they were rushed, yes because there’s staff shortages all over the shop due to Corona?? Why air them out on your channel like that for no good reason. You literally don’t need to always mention the “service” it seems like such a middle class hooty tooty thing to be bothered about, unless you’re paying decent money at a fancier place
Okay I’ve been wanting to say this for a while too but never had the energy for it 😂 the way she slates service INFURIATES me. I’ve worked in the service industry for a large part of my life and nothing is more ugly that entitled customers. I understand that staff being rude for the sake of it is unacceptable but come on…majority of service workers are overworked and underpaid, scraping by on minimum wage, even managerial roles are vastly underpaid. For Grace the YouTuber who wouldn’t know a hard days work if it slapped her in the face to moan about ‘poor’ service is just annoying. She lives in an airy fairy world where everyone should be happy and kind to Grace, she’s been wrapped up in cotton wool and I genuinely don’t think she could handle a real full time job and the real world! Used to love her but small things like this and the fact her content is shit recently have completely turned me off her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

poollounger

I think we also need to be really aware of judging any woman for not reposting something about this situation in particular. We have NO idea what levels of harassment some women have experienced and how triggering this whole thing might be for them. I'm personally trying to not jump to conclusions about anyone who is staying quiet for this reason

• Heart

Doc

VIP Member
To be fair, I get sick of influencers raising awareness about this and that. Its not like they’re the sole font of all knowledge, they get hauled over the coals for getting things wrong too.

I see nothing wrong with light entertainment without an education/moral slant, in my opinion its needed to balance up all the heavy, scary and depressing media we are fed daily.

• Heart

Givemethetea

VIP Member
Not gonna lie I can’t stand it when people clearly show men’s hands etc in photos and then cry when people try and find out who they are- up there with tagging yourself in a&e and not saying why 😂

• Haha
  • Wow