Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
slightly OT but I am watching her latest video, I find it hilarious she doesn't know where "stan" comes from, also why did this become a word when that song was released about 20 years ago?!
Omg this has reminded me that she always says "peak tong" instead of Pete Tong 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
slightly OT but I am watching her latest video, I find it hilarious she doesn't know where "stan" comes from, also why did this become a word when that song was released about 20 years ago?!
Can’t imagine Grace listening to Eminem somehow though 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel like this story should really be #AD or #Gifted
Gifted maybe, but I don't think it was an ad- this company make industrial freeze dryers, it's not something average Joe can have in their kitchen. It's like an ad for all freeze dryers almost, but not this specific one.

I really like Grace but I'm a bit dubious about her alleged healthy relationship with food.

The families meals seem very small, and I've always thought quite controlled portion and health wise. Considering Grace is often hungry they seem overly small. She shows quite large quantities of baked goods and sweets and snacks, which to me gives me slight Elzani vibes - sort of obsessing over snack foods.

I feel like her parents give me controlling healthy vibes, several things over the years that have been made me think this . And Grace is very slim, she looks underweight tbh and for someone who says they like food so much you'd think she'd just eat bigger portions of her main meals? Lots of talk of her lankiness. She was in the modelling industry and I'd be surprised if she came out unscathed with this miraculous healthy relationship with food

Reactions: 4
I really like Grace but I'm a bit dubious about her alleged healthy relationship with food.

The families meals seem very small, and I've always thought quite controlled portion and health wise. Considering Grace is often hungry they seem overly small. She shows quite large quantities of baked goods and sweets and snacks, which to me gives me slight Elzani vibes - sort of obsessing over snack foods.

I feel like her parents give me controlling healthy vibes, several things over the years that have been made me think this . And Grace is very slim, she looks underweight tbh and for someone who says they like food so much you'd think she'd just eat bigger portions of her main meals? Lots of talk of her lankiness. She was in the modelling industry and I'd be surprised if she came out unscathed with this miraculous healthy relationship with food
what in her parents makes you think they have controlling healthy attitudes?

Reactions: 11
This is not to hate on Grace, but I worry a bit when I see people with EDs saying they aspire to have Graces relationship with food

I see someone who eats quite controlled meals. Who gives the impression they eat lots yet actually probably doesn't, and maintains a very low weight, which probably isn't ideal for someone with an ED to aspire to

what in her parents makes you think they have controlling healthy attitudes?
I don't know really, its hard to say off the top of my head but I always think when they have dinners there's almost a point about small portions and lots of veg. Or when the mum gets a takeaway. Its really hard to give examples but they've always given me that vibe

As a former anorexic and bulimic, I don't get any disordered eating vibes from Grace (and I was hospitalised for years due to my EDs)

I know a girl JUST like Grace - looked like her, acted like her and from a super Christian family. Grace really reminds me of her, and what's more, this girl was super skinny, just like Grace is.

There are people out there who are naturally incredibly thin and have absolutely no issues with eating or food. Zoella is an example of someone with this similar structure, and I know two girls in real life who have that physique too. No eating disorders at all - eat lots of food and gain no weight.

They're like the rare unicorns (they have male metabolisms from what I can see haha, but their's don't age like boys' do!)

Reactions: 16
As a former anorexic and bulimic, I don't get any disordered eating vibes from Grace (and I was hospitalised for years due to my EDs)

I know a girl JUST like Grace - looked like her, acted like her and from a super Christian family. Grace really reminds me of her, and what's more, this girl was super skinny, just like Grace is.

There are people out there who are naturally incredibly thin and have absolutely no issues with eating or food. Zoella is an example of someone with this similar structure, and I know two girls in real life who have that physique too. No eating disorders at all - eat lots of food and gain no weight.

They're like the rare unicorns (they have male metabolisms from what I can see haha, but their's don't age like boys' do!)
I agree about grace, but Zoella I think is not an example to follow, she seems like someone who eats on camera and doesn't otherwise imo, she often seems to want to emphasise how tiny she is , which for me isn't normal. I think Grace (and I have said this before) clearly has a good metabolism, but also does a lot of incidental exercise, she often dances around etc, my sister was the same when she was younger

Reactions: 10
Yeah I don't think she has a problem with food. I don't think they have small portions either? They always have a pudding after dinner too and snacks in the evening. I don't even do that! I mean I don't have any experience but from what I can see she just has a fast metabolism.

Reactions: 26
I feel like some people have genuinely forgotten what a normal, healthy, portion of food looks like. Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect and don't often eat like this but yes your plate shouldn't be overloaded with food and about a third of it should be vegetables. From what I can see her family eat pretty much the standard, recommended diet of foods

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I feel like some people have genuinely forgotten what a normal, healthy, portion of food looks like. Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect and don't often eat like this but yes your plate shouldn't be overloaded with food and about a third of it should be vegetables. From what I can see her family eat pretty much the standard, recommended diet of foods
I agree with this. They use Gusto or Hello Fresh (can’t remember which one) and they are pre portioned meals and from what I gather they eat the whole thing. I think her mum seems very health conscious as it’s been mentioned she likes vegetables and fruit but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that it’s just personal choice 🤷‍♀️Just because someone would rather eat berries than a chocolate pudding, doesn’t mean they are restrictive- I personally prefer fruity desserts than chocolate but that’s a preference of mine. I don’t like to comment on someone else’s ED but I really don’t see an issue with her attitude towards food

Reactions: 17
Zoella is 100% not naturally skinny. Some people are naturally slimmer, and height and sex will impact our calorie in take. But there's really not as much variation in metabolism as girls like Zoe would want you to think.

Maybe I'm scarred as I too used to know a girl similar to Grace, same sort of Christianity, and her mum was incredibly controlling with food and the whole family were in the long run terrified of gaining weight. Maybe I'm projecting, but I get similar vibes from Graces family. Grace is always hungry after dinner because she's always snacking so realistically those portions aren't the right size, otherwise she wouldn't be hungry

Zoella is 100% not naturally skinny. Some people are naturally slimmer, and height and sex will impact our calorie in take. But there's really not as much variation in metabolism as girls like Zoe would want you to think.

Maybe I'm scarred as I too used to know a girl similar to Grace, same sort of Christianity, and her mum was incredibly controlling with food and the whole family were in the long run terrified of gaining weight. Maybe I'm projecting, but I get similar vibes from Graces family. Grace is always hungry after dinner because she's always snacking so realistically those portions aren't the right size, otherwise she wouldn't be hungry
I do think you are projecting tbh. She clearly loves snack foods like crisps and so maybe prefers to not eat a huge meal so she can still enjoy snacks as well? I don't eat massive portions because I like to snack between meals, it's just what works best for me. Some people eat 3 big meals a day, some have 5 smaller ones - it really doesn't matter as long as they're having a reasonably balanced diet.

Reactions: 20
I don't personally get any controlling vibes from their family at all. I'm not religious so I'll admit, the faith thing is a bit weird to me, but just from personal preference, I don't think they come across as weird in the sense that they are an opressive household with dangerous attitudes towards food. Probably the opposite to be honest, lots of homemade meals and desserts using real foods. Sure they snack alot, but most of us do even if we know we maybe shouldn't. I think as a society we often have a misinformed idea of how big portion sizes should be, just look up the size of your stomach and you'll realise most of us are eating way more than we actually need.

Reactions: 13
I don't personally get any controlling vibes from their family at all. I'm not religious so I'll admit, the faith thing is a bit weird to me, but just from personal preference, I don't think they come across as weird in the sense that they are an opressive household with dangerous attitudes towards food. Probably the opposite to be honest, lots of homemade meals and desserts using real foods. Sure they snack alot, but most of us do even if we know we maybe shouldn't. I think as a society we often have a misinformed idea of how big portion sizes should be, just look up the size of your stomach and you'll realise most of us are eating way more than we actually need.
I do occasionally get weird vibes but I think it’s the faith thing (which is totally alien to me so likely a me issue rather than them) plus the contrast between her dad who clearly loves being on camera and her mum who is obviously really uncomfortable and often comes across as quite snappy/negative.

I don’t reckon her mum is probably like that in real life, i think it’s just how her discomfort with the camera comes out.

Reactions: 9
I do occasionally get weird vibes but I think it’s the faith thing (which is totally alien to me so likely a me issue rather than them) plus the contrast between her dad who clearly loves being on camera and her mum who is obviously really uncomfortable and often comes across as quite snappy/negative.

I don’t reckon her mum is probably like that in real life, i think it’s just how her discomfort with the camera comes out.
I understand what you mean, I don't see anything wrong with their eating habits but I also get how I always have the underlying idea that their church seems to be one of those weird evangelical style ones with huge congregations etc.. from where they lived before I have an idea of which it could be and it does sometimes make me overthink things in her videos

Is anyone else being recommended underrated hijabi after Grackle? Her cooking biryani in a car park was so funny 😂

Reactions: 3