Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least she normally identifies them in the thumbnail or title, unlike Taz who does so much sponsored content that isn't marked properly and you only realise partway through the video, its one giant ad

Reactions: 1
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me is constantly chasing the AD money is what is making most of the Influencers miserable. They start because they want to make videos and they just follow their passions and then they get completely lost just doing whatever makes them money and they don't know who they are because they are not making the decisions, their favourite companies are just the ones that sponsor and gift them stuff and it takes away their autonomy.

Reactions: 6
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me is constantly chasing the AD money is what is making most of the Influencers miserable. They start because they want to make videos and they just follow their passions and then they get completely lost just doing whatever makes them money and they don't know who they are because they are not making the decisions, their favourite companies are just the ones that sponsor and gift them stuff and it takes away their autonomy.
I think vast swathes of "influencers" thought it would be really easy. They saw people just chatting into a camera, and getting loads of money and free stuff. The market's oversaturated, so it's not enough to just do some casual vlogging anymore and casually mention some product, they have to actually do work to make ads now- they need to plan it, write it, shoot it properly, edit it, on top of their usual editing and stuff like thumbnails and SEO stuff. For some people, this extra stuff comes naturally, some work really hard at it. Some people just don't want to bother, and those people are becoming more and more obvious.

After her tagging oralB when her toothbrush broke I lost all respect for her.
If you can afford a £600 pallet of shite you can buy a new toothbrush/air wrap/laptop.
I wish I could love this comment at least 5 times.

it's seriously so pathetic. Not only do they have plenty of money, and the means, for it ... it's also so tone deaf?
We are all struggling and a half and they are begging for bleeping toothbrush. Like just buy one from aldis like the rest of us. It's not that much of a hardship. If you can afford a useless pallet of shite, as you say, you can sure as hell afford a damn toothbrush. I have really lost a lot of respect for Grace. I feel like she had a lot more standards and morals a while ago. She's becoming a sell-out just like Taz. Her family kept her grounded for a while longer, but it seems even they can't influence her for the better anymore. I wonder if they are disappointed at this rate, too.
I would be disappointed if my rich 20something daughter was begging for expensive freebies online despite having enough money to buy it. She doesn't even have many expenses in general since she's still living w/ her parents. I would be so disappointed with my child.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel like her whole dynamic changed since getting a boyfriend. Maybe she’s realised there’s more than just filming and posting and is pre occupied doing other things.

Reactions: 4
I feel like her whole dynamic changed since getting a boyfriend. Maybe she’s realised there’s more than just filming and posting and is pre occupied doing other things.
I’m glad for her if this is the case tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Has she confirmed she has a boyfriend yet? Last I heard there was speculation about her seeing a guy but since she hasn't mentioned anything about it or said if she's in a serious relationship or just casually dating.

Reactions: 2
I for one am happy for her.

As long as you're not shilling super unethical, wasteful products then carry on Grack!

Reactions: 2
Has she confirmed she has a boyfriend yet? Last I heard there was speculation about her seeing a guy but since she hasn't mentioned anything about it or said if she's in a serious relationship or just casually dating.
No official confirmation yet but there’s no way it’s casual after all this time. You can see and hear little snippets of male hands and a male voice in her stories and vlogs all the time. I think he went to York with her. 99.9% sure the guy in the December TikTok is the same as the guy she’s made her grid cover on this reel 2 days ago.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
They are the type to date with marriage in mind, so I would not be surprised at all if there's an announcement sooner rather than later

They are the type to date with marriage in mind, so I would not be surprised at all if there's an announcement sooner rather than later
I wouldn’t be surprised considering she is Christian and many people who are Christian tend to date with the intention of marrying.

I can't imagine Grace getting engaged, she seems so inexperienced and they haven't been together a year. Her brother and sister both got married suddenly though so, I guess it's possible.

Reactions: 12
I don't think they're gonna get married tomorrow, but it's very common for Christian couples to get married within a year or two of being together. If you don't want to live together before marriage (which seems to be the case as Jesse and Chloe only seemed to move out around the time when they got married) and you don't believe in sex before marriage, it's hard for your relationship to progress without getting married.

Soz for off topic but the name of the show is so unnatural it’s not like “I’m watching friends” it’s like “I’m watching Models:Street To Catwalk on BBC iPlayer” at this point I feel like I’ve watched it myself with these 200 ads on it😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can't imagine Grace getting engaged, she seems so inexperienced and they haven't been together a year. Her brother and sister both got married suddenly though so, I guess it's possible.
Doesn't really matter in their case. On my dad's side of the family, half of them are Jehovahs, I have seen how they dated and got married. It's all very fast and very suddenly. My cousin got married after dating for 6 months, then engaged for 3 months and then they got married. They date with the intention of marrying each other. They were only allowed to hold hands and hug. They were allowed to go on holiday together after they got engaged, but my aunt and uncle went along to ensure they had seperate rooms. My cousin was well in his 30s by then and so was his fiancee. It's very normal in that kind of world and nothing to frown upon in their community.
It seems a bit like Grace's family is like that as well, dating each other with the intention of possibly marrying each other.

It is very different from non-religious / less strictly religious people dating in my opinion. I have dated many people in my life with zero intention of having a long-lasting relationship let alone marrying. Those as well, but not all of them. I think a lot of us can relate to that right? Some people you just start dating to see where it goes. I think it's different for them, which is fine. I just know i'm not surprised if she suddenly announces her engagement. She's been talking about pregnancy for quite a long time, too, and how excited she is for that. To be honest, despite her being quite immature and inexperienced, I do think getting married and maybe starting a family in the (near/later) future will be good for her. I think she'll be a good partner and a very good mom. She already shows a lot of it by making lunches and organizing fun stuff for her family. I am sure she will be able to create a very good, loving household. She can continue to work... youtube or at a bakery or anything else she sets her eyes on. I am not worried about all of this in the slightest. She has many flaws and I'm often very critical of her and her behaviour and I stand by that, but I also think she has many skills.

It is very different from non-religious / less strictly religious people dating in my opinion. I have dated many people in my life with zero intention of having a long-lasting relationship let alone marrying. Those as well, but not all of them. I think a lot of us can relate to that right? Some people you just start dating to see where it goes. I think it's different for them, which is fine. I just know i'm not surprised if she suddenly announces her engagement. She's been talking about pregnancy for quite a long time, too, and how excited she is for that. To be honest, despite her being quite immature and inexperienced, I do think getting married and maybe starting a family in the (near/later) future will be good for her. I think she'll be a good partner and a very good mom. She already shows a lot of it by making lunches and organizing fun stuff for her family. I am sure she will be able to create a very good, loving household. She can continue to work... youtube or at a bakery or anything else she sets her eyes on. I am not worried about all of this in the slightest. She has many flaws and I'm often very critical of her and her behaviour and I stand by that, but I also think she has many skills.

My family are mega-CoE, so all my family and friends got married at 18. My parents met and married within 6 months, my sister was married within 4 (because she got pregnant!). Some of my cousins were married at 16, because all their friends were dating and having sex and we weren't supposed to, so they just got married to join in. At least Grace is mature enough to wait until her 20s to even begin dating if she's aware that this is how it goes. My family would continue to set me up with guys from the local churches so it's nice to see her parents have never forced this on her like many religious families do, and I was always spoken about like I was some sort of bubonic plague-carrying witch.

Reactions: 9
My family are mega-CoE, so all my family and friends got married at 18. My parents met and married within 6 months, my sister was married within 4 (because she got pregnant!). Some of my cousins were married at 16, because all their friends were dating and having sex and we weren't supposed to, so they just got married to join in.
Getting married just to be able to have sex isn't really that moral and is possibly a sad contributor to why so many marriages fail. I'm amazed this stuff still goes on in 2020...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She’s so out of touch. She used to be relatable in lockdown, wasn’t splurging on mad tit, was realistic and fun. She used to do those well informative videos as well which obviously took a lot of research, about special diets and rations, etc. Think the easy YouTube dolla just got to her head, and she’s taking lazy way out. It’s mad to think she’s nearly 25 and acting like a teen still..

She’s also got more of a snarky little attitude now. Also gets on my tits how she’s always going on about the “service” in places, even just small bakeries. That one video recently where she got that almond croissant where she said the service wasn’t the best.. it’s literally a bakery, not a 5 star restaurant?? Saying they were rushed, yes because there’s staff shortages all over the shop due to Corona?? Tell us you live in a bubble and haven’t worked before without telling us you live in a bubble and haven’t worked before. Why air them out on your channel like that for no good reason, and potentially damage their rep. You literally don’t need to always mention the “service” it seems like such a middle class hooty tooty thing to be bothered about, unless you’re paying decent money at a fancier place

that was a pure rant, it honestly does my head in tho omg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
She’s so out of touch. She used to be relatable in lockdown, wasn’t splurging on mad tit, was realistic and fun. She used to do those well informative videos as well which obviously took a lot of research, about special diets and rations, etc. Think the easy YouTube dolla just got to her head, and she’s taking lazy way out. It’s mad to think she’s nearly 25 and acting like a teen still..

also gets on my tits how she’s always going on about the “service” in places, even just small bakeries. That one recently where she got that almond croissant where she said the service wasn’t the best.. it’s literally a bakery, not a 5 star restaurant?? Saying they were rushed, yes because there’s staff shortages all over the shop due to Corona?? Why air them out on your channel like that for no good reason. You literally don’t need to always mention the “service” it seems like such a middle class hooty tooty thing to be bothered about, unless you’re paying decent money at a fancier place
Okay I’ve been wanting to say this for a while too but never had the energy for it 😂 the way she slates service INFURIATES me. I’ve worked in the service industry for a large part of my life and nothing is more ugly that entitled customers. I understand that staff being rude for the sake of it is unacceptable but come on…majority of service workers are overworked and underpaid, scraping by on minimum wage, even managerial roles are vastly underpaid. For Grace the YouTuber who wouldn’t know a hard days work if it slapped her in the face to moan about ‘poor’ service is just annoying. She lives in an airy fairy world where everyone should be happy and kind to Grace, she’s been wrapped up in cotton wool and I genuinely don’t think she could handle a real full time job and the real world! Used to love her but small things like this and the fact her content is tit recently have completely turned me off her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25