Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I love Grace. I do. But I’m finding unless it’s an ‘eating like....’ video etc - I’m just switching off. It’s repetitive as f. Macha something, bake something, Honor something, sanny pads honouree mention for the second time in a month (never mentioned it. Ever. Before then) as an excuse for going to the supermarket.

I really, really love Grace. Since day 1. But I feel the bigger she’s getting- the more she’s struggling with content. I know it’s lockdown etc.But. Yeah.

Reactions: 18

SalmonFishFinger

There's really no issue with her going out and about after her isolation period! That's the whole point of the isolation period... Some can't do right for doing wrong. Also she is just trying to reduce the chances of her family catching it by staying out of their way while she's ill. Better than nothing!!

Melier

VIP Member
I’m so surprised she’s on dating apps 😱 I assumed she’d want to meet someone at church! So happy for her though!

poollounger

Aren't her mum and dad both teachers? Maybe they take some of the leftover bakes to give to other staff, a lot are still having to work in the schools and not remote at the moment

scoobie

VIP Member
I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to all the new sponsorships. It hasn’t been an easy year for the self-employed. If I put myself in her shoes, I think I’d be doing more to monetise my audience too. If it’s keeping her income coming in then I’m happy for her!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

toastedwoofles

Chatty Member
I agree about them not seeming pushed by their parents. Both parents are teachers, her sister is a teacher and at least pre-pandemic Grace volunteered in a school. It's just a small example of how they seem 'bubbled'.

I agree, I'm desperate for her to overhaul her content and just do SOMETHING. Even when she travels all the videos are carbon copies - show room, get food, go for a walk, watch a rom com, hug that bloody bear and repeat.

I really like Grace, I'm only a few years older than her but I cannot relate to her at all. I have a whole house to clean, a job to go to 5 days a week, a partner, a range of social activities (not just food shopping) whereas I watch Grace and she... Cooks dinner for the fam, cleans her room and goes to the supermarket...

LLL111

I don't really understand why people think a divorce is so difficult. Me and my partner have very intertwined finances, sorting that out would be difficult whether we were married or not. A divorce is just a legal thing, all of the finances is the bit that's difficult and that needs to be sorted either way

The divorce is just the legal bit, the other stuff involved is difficult to sort out, which needs sorting either way

this is such a weird take lmao. obviously marrying someone, spending money on a wedding, changing your name (if you choose to) and preparing for a life together that then doesn't work out after you move in is more stressful and difficult (and, crucially, could be avoided)

toastedwoofles

Chatty Member
She always said how interested she was in product development. It would have been great to watch her develop some of her own recipes through trial and error etc, making her own dairy free/vegan versions of things, etc. I know she says she's not a big cook and more of a baker but even that could be a challenge for her to try 100 new recipes or something. I love the videos where she eats like X for a day.

While I love Grace and I do think her videos are often well thought out and have a lot more creativity to them than a lot of other Youtubers it would have been great to see something different.

Didn't realise I had so much to say on the matter so I'll stop here 😂

• Haha

milkywaygirl

VIP Member
I wonder if she’s even saving to move out at all or what, these trips she keeps going on are mad expensive..
i actually don’t see a problem with this, i don’t think there’s anything wrong with exploring and making the most out of being young when you have no commitments such as starting a family etc., as long as her parents are fine with her living at home then i don’t blame her for making the most out of it

sephylily

VIP Member
You compared her eating to her father's. If you can't see how that's ridiculous then I can't help you.

I find it ridiculous that people think her eating carefully and mindfully is room for concern.

I don't know how you guys think you stay a healthy figure, but no one at a healthy weight attained that without conscientious eating habits
Carefree eating leads to being overweight and unhealthy.
To be healthy and a safe weight, you have to be mindful and careful with what you eat - control your portions as to not to over eat AND not undereat

There's no such thing as mindless eating and staying a healthy weight. The idea people think it's concerning that Grace is conscious about what she consuming is just ridiculous.
carefree eating does not lead to being overweight and unhealthy. i've always been a carefree eater and have never been overweight. i've also eaten a packet of biscuits before as a 20 something woman and guess what? i'm not overweight.

• Heart

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
I’m not sure she knows the connotation behind “it just hits different” tbh. I’m always surprised she uses that so frequently.
And when she says something is a ‘thick boi’ 😂 either she knows and is just taking the piss or she genuinely doesn’t understand the connotations...I’ll go with the latter since she usually says it around her parents 🤷‍♀️😂

• Haha
I feel the same :( I feel so bad saying it because I still think she's a lovely person and I hate thinking she would read this and have her feelings hurt lol. But I can't vibe with her videos like I did when I first started watching her, she was so down to earth and now she's constantly so over the top and dare I say it cocky (I know I'll take myself out :oops:). On the contrary - I LOVE her Dad and could watch him all day ahahaha. I still think they are a lovely family, I'm just sad I don't enjoy the content as much anymore because she was such a happy place for me. I don't think lockdown has done her any favours, kind of stopped her in her prime from getting out there and getting an identity outside her family.
Yeah I get the feeling she feels a bit stuck and is probably a little bit down in reality so is overcompensating with her over the top ness in the videos 😢. She was just about to start trying travelling etc when lockdown hit, then both her siblings have moved out and gotten engaged/married in a short period and Grace is kind of stuck.

• Sad

emm

VIP Member
You can definitely see how she was a model. Very natural beauty.
yeah she really is, I like how she was a model but doesn't seem at all shallow/obsessed with her appearance, I get why she didn't continue with it tbh. I have to say I hate those pjs though!

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
I feel like some people have genuinely forgotten what a normal, healthy, portion of food looks like. Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect and don't often eat like this but yes your plate shouldn't be overloaded with food and about a third of it should be vegetables. From what I can see her family eat pretty much the standard, recommended diet of foods
I agree with this. They use Gusto or Hello Fresh (can’t remember which one) and they are pre portioned meals and from what I gather they eat the whole thing. I think her mum seems very health conscious as it’s been mentioned she likes vegetables and fruit but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that it’s just personal choice 🤷‍♀️Just because someone would rather eat berries than a chocolate pudding, doesn’t mean they are restrictive- I personally prefer fruity desserts than chocolate but that’s a preference of mine. I don’t like to comment on someone else’s ED but I really don’t see an issue with her attitude towards food

emm

VIP Member
I really like Grace but I’m finding these sponsored ads for BBC iPlayer a bit transparent. She never usually talks about modelling but all of a sudden she’s like ‘I used to be a model and that’s why I enjoy watching this modelling show on iPlayer!’ Like ok, you never talk about modelling because it doesn’t fit the aesthetic of your channel but you’re happy to mention it for sponsorship money?
it also annoys me my tax is being paid to sponsor influencers tbh

Reactions: 16

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
I was watching a video of Graces yesterday and I’m passing she mentioned her dad living in America I think? She’s also mentioned him living in the Philippines. Her dad has obviously lived a life and I’m sure he would encourage Grace to do the same. I had my first daughter at 16 (11 years ago!) I was a single parent from the start but I worked my arse off and I now live away from the UK I’ve had a good job and am now retraining as something completely different at university and I’m married with another daughter, I also lived away from my partner for almost two years. I hope Grace manages to achieve everything she wants to in life (I have a soft spot for her I dunno why haha) whether that be alone or with her new boyfriend. I’m not saying she should get pregnant straight away or married etc but what I’m trying to say is, having a baby or getting married doesn’t limit your life. She could still go and live in New York with her partner or long distance. She can still travel the world or pursue career aspirations with kids, it’s not the end of your life when you have children, it just makes life a little more…busy 😂

Kit123

VIP Member
Hahaha love that person that looked so deep into a fingernail on her picture....turned out to be her mum 🤣
Looks like she's having a fab time!

• Haha