Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm Jewish and its the same with religious Jews. Sometimes they'll get married after meeting once. Its usually a few months tops of dating and then they'll be engaged and married within the year. With lots of babies to follow. They get married so young too, usually before 20. Yeah the divorce rates are low but is that because people feel pressured to not divorce because of the bible or is it because the women can't see a way out now that their purpose in life is to keep a happy house for her husband and multitudes of kids? I think Grace has too many aspirations to let herself go down that route, especially as her mum and sister have successful jobs.
Or she can do both? She can be a mother and a successful business woman?

Reactions: 9
I'm Jewish and its the same with religious Jews. Sometimes they'll get married after meeting once. Its usually a few months tops of dating and then they'll be engaged and married within the year. With lots of babies to follow. They get married so young too, usually before 20. Yeah the divorce rates are low but is that because people feel pressured to not divorce because of the bible or is it because the women can't see a way out now that their purpose in life is to keep a happy house for her husband and multitudes of kids? I think Grace has too many aspirations to let herself go down that route, especially as her mum and sister have successful jobs.
One of her big ambitions is to have a big family though. She's always saying she literally can't wait to get pregnant and have a family. She seems ready for it so it may be sooner than expected.

Reactions: 8
One of her big ambitions is to have a big family though. She's always saying she literally can't wait to get pregnant and have a family. She seems ready for it so it may be sooner than expected.
I feel like it would be such a shame for her to miss out on all of her pre-covid plans like living in NYC for a bit. Realistically a new boyfriend isn't going to be a part of that adventure and it would be very difficult to do it if she were to start a family too. Personally idk if she's ready to take care of another human having never even lived away from home (obviously lots of girls end up in that situation too but it usually isn't planned).

Guys haven't really been following grace for a while but does anyone know whose baby is the picture on her Instagram from September? Did her sister have a baby?

Also I remember when her brother got engaged or married and she had a childhood picture with his wife so I think they knew each other since they were young.

I wonder who her boyfriend is and hope she didn't rush into it because she's been single for so long

Reactions: 1
I think the whole point of woman’s equality is that women get to determine what success is to them - whether that be pursuing a career or a traditional family life. I think it’s sad that a stable, tight family as a success criteria or ambition is deemed a consolation prize these days. There’s a lot of joy and fulfilment for some in dedicating time to forging and raising a family. And, as I’m sure any mother will tell you, it’s also proper work.

Some people just don’t prioritise bucket list experiences before 30 and making money… and that’s perfectly reasonable and ok. Traditional roles still count as personal growth in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think the whole point of woman’s equality is that women get to determine what success is to them - whether that be pursuing a career or a traditional family life. I think it’s sad that a stable, tight family as a success criteria or ambition is deemed a consolation prize these days. There’s a lot of joy and fulfilment for some in dedicating time to forging and raising a family. And, as I’m sure any mother will tell you, it’s also proper work.

Some people just don’t prioritise bucket list experiences before 30 and making money… and that’s perfectly reasonable and ok. Traditional roles still count as personal growth in my opinion.
My point was that she expressed having these career aspirations. She wants the husband and big family but I’ve never got the idea that she wanted to do that before going to NY for example or perhaps trialing a career in product development. There are women who want to devote their lives to being a mum but Grace seems like the type who wants to do it all and I think it’s unfortunately a lot harder to climb the career ladder if you have loads of kids at home.

Reactions: 6
I was watching a video of Graces yesterday and I’m passing she mentioned her dad living in America I think? She’s also mentioned him living in the Philippines. Her dad has obviously lived a life and I’m sure he would encourage Grace to do the same. I had my first daughter at 16 (11 years ago!) I was a single parent from the start but I worked my arse off and I now live away from the UK I’ve had a good job and am now retraining as something completely different at university and I’m married with another daughter, I also lived away from my partner for almost two years. I hope Grace manages to achieve everything she wants to in life (I have a soft spot for her I dunno why haha) whether that be alone or with her new boyfriend. I’m not saying she should get pregnant straight away or married etc but what I’m trying to say is, having a baby or getting married doesn’t limit your life. She could still go and live in New York with her partner or long distance. She can still travel the world or pursue career aspirations with kids, it’s not the end of your life when you have children, it just makes life a little more…busy 😂

Reactions: 16
I was watching a video of Graces yesterday and I’m passing she mentioned her dad living in America I think? She’s also mentioned him living in the Philippines. Her dad has obviously lived a life and I’m sure he would encourage Grace to do the same. I had my first daughter at 16 (11 years ago!) I was a single parent from the start but I worked my arse off and I now live away from the UK I’ve had a good job and am now retraining as something completely different at university and I’m married with another daughter, I also lived away from my partner for almost two years. I hope Grace manages to achieve everything she wants to in life (I have a soft spot for her I dunno why haha) whether that be alone or with her new boyfriend. I’m not saying she should get pregnant straight away or married etc but what I’m trying to say is, having a baby or getting married doesn’t limit your life. She could still go and live in New York with her partner or long distance. She can still travel the world or pursue career aspirations with kids, it’s not the end of your life when you have children, it just makes life a little more…busy 😂
Yes exactly this!

Reactions: 3
People are making a hell of a lot of assumptions about her life choices when she literally hasn't mentioned anything about it since getting a boyfriend

Reactions: 32
People are making a hell of a lot of assumptions about her life choices when she literally hasn't mentioned anything about it since getting a boyfriend
That's tattle for you 😂

I enjoy her vlogmas so far! I love she's going to London, because (of course) I am not able to go it there so it's nice to see it through a screen like this, I love Harrods so it was nice she filmed just a little bit inside. Makes me feel more festive! The hotelroom looked great, too, such a nice view. Last time I was in London I got a room "with a nice view" and I was staring at a brick wall lol.

Reactions: 6
I feel like Grace is one of the only YouTubers who means it when they say xmas isn't all about getting presents. She genuinely cherishes the time spent with family and giving back. You get your Saffron Barkers doing their tacky 'new money' designer hauls and always add in the token 'presents don't matter!' line as if they wouldn't have a face like thunder all day if there wasn't a Chanel box under the tree.

Reactions: 27
she really doesn’t seem ready to get pregnant and raise a child, she comes across as quite juvenile and immature

Serious relationships, marriage, pregnancy, sharing finances, etc. all can come with extremely stressful times. Grace is 'mature' in the sense of she could move out, keep a house organised, feed herself, pay the bills but she doesn't strike me 'mature' in the sense she could cope with those difficult or sensitive situations.

Yes, I do assume that this relationship will turn serious very quickly and will follow in her siblings footsteps within 2 years max, but I seriously hope she takes it slow and doesn't mould herself in to someone she's not to please a partner to avoid these difficult times and potentially a break up.

Reactions: 5
I remember once, in a Q&A type thing Grace did, Chloe said one of the things she loved/respected about Grace was that she was always unapologetically herself, no matter what. Given that that's her character, I'd be very surprised if she moulded herself to anyone in order to keep them, nor would she rush into anything she wasn't comfortable with. Don't forget, she left her management company because she wasn't happy with the route they wanted her to take. I think she is childlike but that it is only very superficial and she's actually quite mature and capable.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I hope having a relationship will make her mature a bit more, I think part of the issue is that she has been stuck at home, not working a real job (like so many people of her age atm) and just mixing with the same people. I think this relationship could really be good for her. Her content is very similar to her friend Clickfor Taz who actually seems to be getting less mature as time goes on, I hope she doesn;t go down that route

Reactions: 7
I hope having a relationship will make her mature a bit more, I think part of the issue is that she has been stuck at home, not working a real job (like so many people of her age atm) and just mixing with the same people. I think this relationship could really be good for her. Her content is very similar to her friend Clickfor Taz who actually seems to be getting less mature as time goes on, I hope she doesn;t go down that route
I can't stand Taz anymore, she's a sell out and so fake. I feel like as long as Grace still lives with her family she will be fine, they seem to keep her grounded because they have non-online jobs, so she sees and hears the real struggles whereas some other youtubers/influencers tend to get so stuck in their own little influencer world they don't know anymore what's going on outside that. Grace seems aware enough. I really hope, too, she doesn't go down that route. Since her siblings moved out she already got a lot less mature (more childlike) and often it makes it harder for me to watch her videos, but when she's more her normal relaxed self (in stead of the version of herself she feels like she should put on (like the shouty kind)) and just chit chats about this and that I really like watching her. Her normal voice is very pleasant to me.

I feel like Grace is one of the only YouTubers who means it when they say xmas isn't all about getting presents. She genuinely cherishes the time spent with family and giving back.
I really agree, I love how she's not buying all kinds of expensive stuff left right and center to show off how much money she's making. I, too, feel like she would be happier with a very touching/emotional letter than with an expensive bag.
Grace is clearly a giver and I love that so much about her, it's one of her best qualities in my opinion. It's really clear that she really gets a lot of satisfaction from preparing something for someone and giving it to them, I feel like that is a gift almost as much to herself as to the other person and I really like this about her, I hope she never loses it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I like how when she was saying she was going to dinner with her “friend” she decided just to go in what she was already wearing and not dress up. I don’t like how it’s expected that people should wear the best clothes or put a lot of make up on etc when going on dates. Because if things do get serious I’d prefer the person to know what I’d be like normally rather than how I’d be on a few occasions

Reactions: 12
I remember once, in a Q&A type thing Grace did, Chloe said one of the things she loved/respected about Grace was that she was always unapologetically herself, no matter what. Given that that's her character, I'd be very surprised if she moulded herself to anyone in order to keep them, nor would she rush into anything she wasn't comfortable with. Don't forget, she left her management company because she wasn't happy with the route they wanted her to take. I think she is childlike but that it is only very superficial and she's actually quite mature and capable.
And she left a modeling career to pursue her baking degree. A career where, from the looks of it, she could have been very well-off for at least some years to come, and that also puts immense pressure on young women to change and conform to a never-ending list of rigid demands. That Grace knew what was right for her and *did it* even though it doesn't seem like the typical step, and at such an early age, is hella impressibe tbh

So I hope she doesn't start making sacrifices she isn't actually comfortable with, but she also seems like a person who would actually dare and do a good job taking an unconventional path.

• Heart
Reactions: 15