Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
Tbh I'd rather she was signing up for classes and stuff with her free time than sitting around the house complaining that her life is so hectic like a lot of other influencers.

Reactions: 24

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Before lockdown I got up at 5am for work, my partner still gets up at 4.30am for work. Grace doing a video on her waking up early when she doesn't need to is about creating content, just the same as when she does videos about eating a certain diet. It's just a video of her doing something she doesn't normally do. It isn't her saying that no one else does it or not acknowledging her privilege.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
A reminder for all those who struggle with the topic of food and exercise. Be kind to yourself and remember that Grace’s lifestyle isn’t right or wrong, she’s merely documenting what works for her. If a takeaway is all you can muster up the strength to eat, that is fine. If you can’t be bothered to leave the house today, that is fine. Look after yourself and don’t pressure yourself to watch her food content if it’s triggering. If you’re suffering with an ED, please seek professional help and don’t use people on YouTube as an indicator of how you should be living♥♥
3F507D9C-7CFB-400E-94A8-12AD70AAE883.jpeg

• Heart

oshare

VIP Member
Didn't she already say a million times that she's not in particular looking to move out? I don't know why people keep bringing it up. Living with your parents is not the end of the world as long as you keep trying to develop yourself. It's not uncommon here to live with your family until late 20 or early 30s.

Reactions: 23

opal73

VIP Member
They're not really marrying off that young though, Chloe is nearly 30 and I think Jesse is in his mid twenties, so around the average age people start thinking about marriage. They may seem younger because they didn't move out that long ago.

I understand Grace's feelings of being the only one without a "significant other" as much of her friends are dating and now both her siblings are engaged. She has plenty of time and she shouldn't try to rush it!

Reactions: 23

hrh89

VIP Member
Doesn’t anyone remember the videos where she went shopping and was trying on clothes in the fitting rooms? She commented a few times on being gangly and the clothes never fitting. She’s clearly not striving to be slim it’s literally just her natural body shape, her mum sister and brother all are tall and slim. I think it’s harsh because someone is slim to say they have ED behaviours! She clearly has insecurities about being so slim as she has made comments about it before.

Reactions: 22

oshare

VIP Member
After her tagging oralB when her toothbrush broke I lost all respect for her.
If you can afford a £600 pallet of shite you can buy a new toothbrush/air wrap/laptop.
I wish I could love this comment at least 5 times.

it's seriously so pathetic. Not only do they have plenty of money, and the means, for it ... it's also so tone deaf?
We are all struggling and a half and they are begging for fucking toothbrush. Like just buy one from aldis like the rest of us. It's not that much of a hardship. If you can afford a useless pallet of shite, as you say, you can sure as hell afford a damn toothbrush. I have really lost a lot of respect for Grace. I feel like she had a lot more standards and morals a while ago. She's becoming a sell-out just like Taz. Her family kept her grounded for a while longer, but it seems even they can't influence her for the better anymore. I wonder if they are disappointed at this rate, too.
I would be disappointed if my rich 20something daughter was begging for expensive freebies online despite having enough money to buy it. She doesn't even have many expenses in general since she's still living w/ her parents. I would be so disappointed with my child.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I think Grackle is quite active, she regularly posts insta stories of her dancing around, she walks every day. I don't see any evidence of an eating disorder, in fact she seems to have a rather ordinary relationship with food. The meals she eats with her family look to be quite balanced, however, she does seem to eat a lot of sugar, I recall her mum lightly telling her off for her sugar consumption. Having said that, I don't actually think she eats a lot, her snacks usually seem small. Grackle is slim but she is tall and this seems very inkeeping with the rest of her family. I'm not actually comfortable with anyone suspecting someone of having an eating disorder from a watching YouTube videos, seems very intrusive and may be projection from the viewer. Maybe, if people find watching Grackle's videos gives them concerns about disordered eating they shouldn't be watching them, we have a duty to ourselves to protect our mental health

• Heart
Reactions: 21

poollounger

Zoella is 100% not naturally skinny. Some people are naturally slimmer, and height and sex will impact our calorie in take. But there's really not as much variation in metabolism as girls like Zoe would want you to think.

Maybe I'm scarred as I too used to know a girl similar to Grace, same sort of Christianity, and her mum was incredibly controlling with food and the whole family were in the long run terrified of gaining weight. Maybe I'm projecting, but I get similar vibes from Graces family. Grace is always hungry after dinner because she's always snacking so realistically those portions aren't the right size, otherwise she wouldn't be hungry
I do think you are projecting tbh. She clearly loves snack foods like crisps and so maybe prefers to not eat a huge meal so she can still enjoy snacks as well? I don't eat massive portions because I like to snack between meals, it's just what works best for me. Some people eat 3 big meals a day, some have 5 smaller ones - it really doesn't matter as long as they're having a reasonably balanced diet.

Reactions: 20

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Grace is 26 soon, I don't think that is particularly young to want to start thinking about settling down. She hasn't dated before, this is true, but I can't see her settling for someone just because she wants to settle down. I also think it's quite judgemental to think everyone has to have experienced 'life' before marriage and children, as though life ends at that point. It does a great disservice to those women who achieved anything of importance after they got married. I moved in with my partner at 28 and had only been abroad 3 times at that point because life is expensive, I have experienced so much more since then and that is largely to do with having shared expenses.
Please stop judging women for their choices

Reactions: 20

sourlemons202121

I highly doubt Grace would say anything even if she does get engaged to him
I know she doesn't "owe" us anything but there was so little info as to who the "we" in her last blog was, why her entire vibe changed, what she is doing these days, I feel kind of disrespected as a viewer. Privacy is one thing but totally disengaging is another. It's like she's banking on the ad revenues, the clicks, but she's not engaging in a way that feels authentic and the stuff she is doing feels more detached from anything like real life (although the captions in place of actual narration or content don't help, that's for sure). It makes me really sad to say it but it makes me want to stop watching. I think we're in the negative in terms of sparkle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
I'm sorry but I have to wonder if there's something going on with her relationship with food. I cannot understand how she can eat that much (especially all the sweets, sugar and baked goods) without exercising, and maintain an underweight BMI (and yes, I do think she looks underweight)...
I think the reason she stopped doing what I eat in a day videos is because of comments like this, I think she mentioned in a few videos how horrible it is for people to assume that she has an eating disorder when she doesn't. (btw this isn't meant as an attack on your comment personally, this is just a general comment)

grannypants

Chatty Member
She’s hinting at oral b in her stories now to send her a new toothbrush 🙄

I really like Grace but I feel like I’ll be unsubbing/unfollowing in the next few months. Every YouTuber hits a point where they lose integrity because it becomes a job and they care about earning money more than making good content. I feel Grace is becoming more like this every day 😔

• Sad

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
To be honest some of the responses to her engagement have been utterly bizarre, people are acting like her life is basically over, and all she’s going to do now is have kids and be a home maker, she wont ever work now etc…
First of all, if that’s what she wants to do then what is the problem? Secondly, she can obviously still work she wants to, like it’s 2022, women can be mothers and still have careers lmao.
I’m really not a Grace fan at all but some of the things people are saying actually reek of sexism and misogyny.

• Heart

Delilah13

I can’t! Did she seriously go to McDonalds in France to see “how different” it is ?!? 🙄🥲🥲
Trying out mcdonalds in other countries is actually one of my favourite things to do 🤷🏻‍♀️ different countries have different menu items 😂

Reactions: 18

Doc

VIP Member
I think the whole point of woman’s equality is that women get to determine what success is to them - whether that be pursuing a career or a traditional family life. I think it’s sad that a stable, tight family as a success criteria or ambition is deemed a consolation prize these days. There’s a lot of joy and fulfilment for some in dedicating time to forging and raising a family. And, as I’m sure any mother will tell you, it’s also proper work.

Some people just don’t prioritise bucket list experiences before 30 and making money… and that’s perfectly reasonable and ok. Traditional roles still count as personal growth in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 18