Grackle #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, I get sick of influencers raising awareness about this and that. Its not like they’re the sole font of all knowledge, they get hauled over the coals for getting things wrong too.

I see nothing wrong with light entertainment without an education/moral slant, in my opinion its needed to balance up all the heavy, scary and depressing media we are fed daily.
Agree! She has a mostly baking or cooking channel, why should she bring awareness to something like that?
If you want awareness, we should do that ourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s not even about awareness necessarily. Just a little something to reach out to her followers (who I’d assume are mostly young women and feeling very shaken up right now) to send love and show solidarity. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. But, of course, it’s her platform and her choice to keep it lighthearted, which can also be a nice distraction from it all I guess

Reactions: 4
To be fair, I get sick of influencers raising awareness about this and that. Its not like they’re the sole font of all knowledge, they get hauled over the coals for getting things wrong too.

I see nothing wrong with light entertainment without an education/moral slant, in my opinion its needed to balance up all the heavy, scary and depressing media we are fed daily.
I get that but I’m not talking about mentioning it in a video or uploading a video on the matter... just a simple repost on her insta story would help a lot. As women we should all be raising awareness in any way we can, she can influence her followers to speak up too. The more voices, the sooner we will be heard.

Agree! She has a mostly baking or cooking channel, why should she bring awareness to something like that?
If you want awareness, we should do that ourselves.
But I’m not talking about her youtube channel. She has a big following on Instagram which is not baking based. It’s quick and easy to repost something onto her story. Not sure how you don’t think it’s important - that thinking just adds to the issue that is trying to be conquered.

Reactions: 3

I agree and we also don’t know any personal reasons Grace/other influencers might have that means they want to try to avoid all the coverage of a topic.

Reactions: 8
I get that but I’m not talking about mentioning it in a video or uploading a video on the matter... just a simple repost on her insta story would help a lot. As women we should all be raising awareness in any way we can, she can influence her followers to speak up too. The more voices, the sooner we will be heard.
I think there’s a real problem in asserting how women ‘should’ express things. I agree that it is an issue the needs serious discussion and addressing and if Grace wants to do so publicly that’s fine. But equally if she doesn’t want to, that is her right and prerogative and she shouldn’t be shamed for it. She maybe hasn’t even consolodated her own thoughts on something so serious and doesn’t want to blindly repost without thinking. I know I haven’t reposted anything for that reason and I’ve got 15 years on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think we also need to be really aware of judging any woman for not reposting something about this situation in particular. We have NO idea what levels of harassment some women have experienced and how triggering this whole thing might be for them. I'm personally trying to not jump to conclusions about anyone who is staying quiet for this reason

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think we also need to be really aware of judging any woman for not reposting something about this situation in particular. We have NO idea what levels of harassment some women have experienced and how triggering this whole thing might be for them. I'm personally trying to not jump to conclusions about anyone who is staying quiet for this reason
This is a really good point which I hadn’t considered. From my own experiences and friends experiences relating to this issue, I am just very passionate about it and struggle to understand why other women aren’t as open with it but you’re so right and this has made me see things differently!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is a really good point which I hadn’t considered. From my own experiences and friends experiences relating to this issue, I am just very passionate about it and struggle to understand why other women aren’t as open with it but you’re so right and this has made me see things differently!
100% me too, I'm resharing/tweeting loads and talking to my family about it constantly. I was planning on attending the Clapham Common vigil this evening but haven't decided what to do now its been 'officially cancelled'. To be honest I hadn't considered why someone wouldn't talk about it until a woman I follow on Twitter said she literally couldn't open her social media apps this week as almost every post triggered a flashback to when she was raped by a stranger. So now I'm just reserving judgement

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I think there’s a real problem in asserting how women ‘should’ express things. I agree that it is an issue the needs serious discussion and addressing and if Grace wants to do so publicly that’s fine. But equally if she doesn’t want to, that is her right and prerogative and she shouldn’t be shamed for it. She maybe hasn’t even consolodated her own thoughts on something so serious and doesn’t want to blindly repost without thinking. I know I haven’t reposted anything for that reason and I’ve got 15 years on her.
Agreed. As a society a huge part of the problem is we have to stop expecting women to behave a certain way. Few people would call men out on not posting if this was the other way around. If Grace doesn't want to post on this particular subject matter, that is entirely her perrogative and doesn't at all confirm anything regarding her feelings on the issue. Grace is well known for being a comfortable and happy place for people to escape the harsh realities of life and needing that little breather doesn't mean people don't care or are ignoring issues, but it isn't healthy or productive for anyone to focus on them all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree and we also don’t know any personal reasons Grace/other influencers might have that means they want to try to avoid all the coverage of a topic.
This. I've blocked all hashtags, because I find it so triggering. I spent most of last week either in tears, on the verge of a panic attack, or fully zoned out. I don't talk about what happened publicly at all because it is very private to me. I would never judge someone for staying well away from such a difficult and personal topic.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
She’s hinting at oral b in her stories now to send her a new toothbrush 🙄

I really like Grace but I feel like I’ll be unsubbing/unfollowing in the next few months. Every YouTuber hits a point where they lose integrity because it becomes a job and they care about earning money more than making good content. I feel Grace is becoming more like this every day 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 19

I really like Grace but I feel like I’ll be unsubbing/unfollowing in the next few months. Every YouTuber hits a point where they lose integrity because it becomes a job and they care about earning money more than making good content. I feel Grace is becoming more like this every day 😔
I have noticed she’s tagging a lot of companies generally in her posts. I get when it’s her outfits to save her 37,000 “Where’s your top from?” comments but there’s a lot of tagging oral b, dyson etc happening. I’m not sure she’s quite on the sell out point yet, and I did think her comment about a spon the other day was a joke, but it’s a big jump for her.

Reactions: 7
That's kind of a shame. I haven't watched her videos this past week tbh, it's weird to hear she's going after so many ads now after avoiding doing any for years because she was afraid people would see her selling out. I think there's a happy medium where you can do enough to make money but not look too grabby. Maybe she just hasn't found that yet.

as if i’ve just made an account to agree with this? a massive eye roll from me when i saw it on the stories. now we will have a shocked 😱 unpacking in a video where she didn’t expect it to be sent out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Used to be her biggest fan after finding her three or four years ago and never missed a bid but haven't watched her latest. We also used to message but she doesn't bother replying these days. It's a shame when people get too popular.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

I still love her as a person but I definitely don't watch as much of her content now, for this reason. I think it's inevitable though and I think there will be few youtubers where the 'fame' doesn't go to their head a bit. It's sad but I just don't enjoy all her videos as much now because I don't find her as down to earth anymore and that's what I personally watched for.

Reactions: 2
as if i’ve just made an account to agree with this? a massive eye roll from me when i saw it on the stories. now we will have a shocked 😱 unpacking in a video where she didn’t expect it to be sent out.
it makes me wonder how much other stuff she was "randomly" sent was things she had actually asked for?

Reactions: 4
I really like Grace, but I have found her awkwardly dishonest recently about receiving things she never asked for - like additional boxes of sweets or chocolates from somewhere she placed an order for. I wouldn't be surprised if she introduced herself first to the company before placing her order.

I don't know her surname, but her name isn't exactly a standout name. There are probably tens of others with the exact same name - (unlike Zoe Sugg or Alfie Deyes) - and even then, very few people actually know of any Youtubers in the real world. She's pretty big on Youtube, but in the real world, she doesn't mean anything to most people. I have a group of friend, all in their twenties, who have ZERO idea of who Zoe Sugg is, let alone Grackle.

How is a company supposed to know she's this famous internet sensation if she doesn't introduce herself? To society, she's just another girl called Grace.

Reactions: 9
I still think that hair clip post on Insta a while back I posted about in the last thread was an undeclared ad. It was the way all the pics were so focused on it, not like her normal style of post at all.