Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so hard to be happy for her. Like I get it, she has a chance to go to NY so obviously she’ll take it. But her selling point was that she was so humble and down to earth and people could relate. Now she’s on a consumeristic trip to NY in a cost of living crisis. It’s just so out of touch. I don’t feel she’s grateful anymore either, feel like she’s starting to just feel entitled to it all.

Reactions: 16
Aw man I can’t stand Honour. She’s 100% homophobic behind closed doors. Also gives off big xenophobic vibes. She’s got mean girl energy. Her and Grace are such an odd pair.

Reactions: 20
It’s so hard to be happy for her. Like I get it, she has a chance to go to NY so obviously she’ll take it. But her selling point was that she was so humble and down to earth and people could relate. Now she’s on a consumeristic trip to NY in a cost of living crisis. It’s just so out of touch. I don’t feel she’s grateful anymore either, feel like she’s starting to just feel entitled to it all.
Especially when she was there earlier this year too. Being able to go to New York twice in a year is something very few people will be able to relate to.

It’s the fact that she doesn’t even have to work hard in order to be able to afford these trips. She just has to film herself making a few Pinterest recipes, take a trip to sainsburys and act childish in front of the camera and that’s her making a decent living 🙄

Reactions: 9
I can’t believe she’s managed to shoehorn looking for a water bottle and buying a suitcase into ANOTHER video. I bought one ten years ago cheap and it’s still going strong.

Reactions: 4
I was watching her latest vlogmas and she mentioned that she has never seen Harry Potter, which to me is crazy for someone who grew up in her generation, in the UK! I don't think I know anyone who hasn't at least seen ONE of the films. That made me think, do you think her family/church is of the kind that doesn't allow kids to watch/enjoy stuff with witchcraft? Come to think of it, I don't recall her ever really talking about Halloween either. Even when she showed halloween-y stuff she generally called it "autumnal". Not celebrating Halloween isn't so weird in the UK, but skirting around it kind of is. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe someone can remember her talking about Halloween? Or are her family/church actually much more extreme than they come across?

Reactions: 15
I was watching her latest vlogmas and she mentioned that she has never seen Harry Potter, which to me is crazy for someone who grew up in her generation, in the UK! I don't think I know anyone who hasn't at least seen ONE of the films. That made me think, do you think her family/church is of the kind that doesn't allow kids to watch/enjoy stuff with witchcraft? Come to think of it, I don't recall her ever really talking about Halloween either. Even when she showed halloween-y stuff she generally called it "autumnal". Not celebrating Halloween isn't so weird in the UK, but skirting around it kind of is. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe someone can remember her talking about Halloween? Or are her family/church actually much more extreme than they come across?
Yeah I knew someone like that, they weren’t allowed to see twilight either because it had vampires in it lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm unsubscribing to Extra Grack as of today. It's completely pointless to watch all these supermarket runs, travel bragging, afternoon tea x a billion, excessive shopping (bleh!) and other nonsense. So no more vlogmas from this girl for me.... I just don't give a F anymore. Btw, how many water bottles does she have? 75? I have two; they aren't perfect but who gives a beep.

Reactions: 9
I wondered this , also Harry Potter is exactly the kindnof thing i would expect her to like (apart from.the whole religion thing anyway) as you say I do not know anyone of her (or ky generation and I am 10 years older) that hasn't seen at least one film

Reactions: 6
I wondered this , also Harry Potter is exactly the kindnof thing i would expect her to like (apart from.the whole religion thing anyway) as you say I do not know anyone of her (or ky generation and I am 10 years older) that hasn't seen at least one film
Exactly! The first movie especially has some really cosy Christmas vibes, and the whole series being set at a boarding school seems like something she would love. So it seems bizzare she would never have seen even one of the movies, unless there was some bigger reason.

Reactions: 5
I’m around the same age and only watched the first Harry Potter a few months ago. My plan was to watch them all but I got bored about halfway through the second one and gave up. Maybe she’s just not into that kind of thing but like someone else said she seems like she would be

Reactions: 3
I’m around the same age and only watched the first Harry Potter a few months ago. My plan was to watch them all but I got bored about halfway through the second one and gave up. Maybe she’s just not into that kind of thing but like someone else said she seems like she would be
The early ones are more kids films, the third one onwards are such stronger. Prisoner of Azkaban is probably the best one, order of the Phoenix is pretty good too. Half blood prince is strong. Everyone has their own favourite and enjoys others less.

i'm early 20s and never seen or read harry potter! fell asleep when we watched the first one in school and then just didn't bother bc it felt a bit overhyped. don't think i could start now bc supporting jkr wouldn't sit right. agree that i'd expect her to like them, maybe she just has similar energy to ruby granger

i'm early 20s and never seen or read harry potter! fell asleep when we watched the first one in school and then just didn't bother bc it felt a bit overhyped. don't think i could start now bc supporting jkr wouldn't sit right. agree that i'd expect her to like them, maybe she just has similar energy to ruby granger
If you do fancy it at any point most charity shops have the books and often the DVDs, no need to give her money to see/read them.

this vlog with the pinterest recipes, shock horror that pinterest recipes are all similar and uninventive :rolleyes: if I wanted to find interesting recipes the last places I would look are tiktok or pinterest

this vlog with the pinterest recipes, shock horror that pinterest recipes are all similar and uninventive :rolleyes: if I wanted to find interesting recipes the last places I would look are tiktok or pinterest
complaining about the lack of creativity on Pinterest as if she isn’t copying them due to her own lack of creativity

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I went to school with a few girls who never watched Harry Potter or were allowed to attend Halloween parties because they were Christian. The same at university. I've actually found it to be really common here in the UK with people who are actual Christians (like attend church, keep chaste, attend youth groups, etc). I didn't see them as extreme, any of them. I just assumed it was a general Christian stance.

I went to school with a few girls who never watched Harry Potter or were allowed to attend Halloween parties because they were Christian. The same at university. I've actually found it to be really common here in the UK with people who are actual Christians (like attend church, keep chaste, attend youth groups, etc). I didn't see them as extreme, any of them. I just assumed it was a general Christian stance.
I had an upbringing like this in what was a fairly liberal church. There wasn't much of like 'Harry Potter is satan' but it just wasn't a thing. Halloween was the same, although when I was growing up I don't feel like Halloween was much of a thing beyond maybe small kids dressing up for a party.

She’s ‘fixed’ the bath with toothpaste. But surely that just going to dissolve when she fills the bath up again?
She hadn't damaged the bath, she's just marked it up. The toothpaste is a mild abrasive that took the marks off without damaging the plastic of the tub.

Calling people stupid because you're pig ignorant about common cleaning hacks is a bit much.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She hadn't damaged the bath, she's just marked it up. The toothpaste is a mild abrasive that took the marks off without damaging the plastic of the tub.

Calling people stupid because you're pig ignorant about common cleaning hacks is a bit much.
Alright Mrs Hinch calm down 😂

She’s stupid for whisking the bath in the first place. Not that I even called her stupid originally 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Definitely Honour lol, she got mentioned here as a being a bit of a snotty mean witch and....👐🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.