Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This video actually worried me... Surely she is aware that she has a lot of viewers who are in recovery from eating disorders, who like her food content because there's so much 'I eat what I want when I want and enjoy it'. Like, I would imagine she's aware cos there's comments of that sort on so many of her videos. Yeah, she doesn't owe anyone anything, but when she knows that's why people like your content I would've thought a bit more criticality in the review would be expected, if she cares about putting any effort at all into her videos? Maybe unpick the word 'detox' and what it means in diet culture? Or at the very least you'd think she'd talk about the nutritional value of the various meals rather than just how she feels after eating.

She included a screen with the various calorie options for the meal plans, but didn't mention this aspect at all in the review, and the first shot of her has a weight loss recipe book clearly visible in the front left corner. It's just giving me a weird vibe.

This video is so wrong and irresponsible, a lot of her audience are younger teens that can be more easily influenced - that diet of juices and salads / bone broths would barely sustain anyone.... the vibe was so off with her constantly saying she was hungry but then saying she had loads of energy and never slept better and was looking to do it for a whole month : /

Reactions: 6
This video is so wrong and irresponsible, a lot of her audience are younger teens that can be more easily influenced - that diet of juices and salads / bone broths would barely sustain anyone.... the vibe was so off with her constantly saying she was hungry but then saying she had loads of energy and never slept better and was looking to do it for a whole month : /
Worst thing is she’s fully aware that people in recovery watch her videos because she’s talked about it before. Back when she had a much healthier attitude towards enjoying food (or what she put on camera to let us think) people used to comment that they really appreciated seeing her relationship with it.

Reactions: 7
Christ now she’s paying £76 a person for a mediocre roast on TikTok, either girlie has deeper pockets than even we imagine or BF is loaded

• Wow
Christ now she’s paying £76 a person for a mediocre roast on TikTok, either girlie has deeper pockets than even we imagine or BF is loaded
I laughed when it ended up being cold. So much for the most expensive roast in London.

Why does all the restaurants she goes to end up being overrated anyway? :LOL:

Reactions: 4
I laughed when it ended up being cold. So much for the most expensive roast in London.

Why does all the restaurants she goes to end up being overrated anyway? :LOL:
Because she only goes for the hype, she’s not that bothered about researching and promoting places that are actually great. It’s all about the high cost items these days. Her comparison was Toby Carvery when she could have gone to the cheapest independent one. Nowhere she goes at the minute is attainable for young adults who aren’t already very affluent.

Reactions: 5
Because she only goes for the hype, she’s not that bothered about researching and promoting places that are actually great. It’s all about the high cost items these days. Her comparison was Toby Carvery when she could have gone to the cheapest independent one. Nowhere she goes at the minute is attainable for young adults who aren’t already very affluent.
True. She's become very clickbaity I hate to say, she knows "most expensive" will get a lot of views. I kind of hate how she's blowing up on tiktok now too

True. She's become very clickbaity I hate to say, she knows "most expensive" will get a lot of views. I kind of hate how she's blowing up on tiktok now too
It's tone deaf in the present economic climate. I thought she was supposed to be a person of faith? Hyper consumerism doesn't exactly sit well with that.

She's coming across as a spoiled brat living in a bubble, where she is insulated from what life is like for everyone who has to go to work and pay the bills.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Surely her parents must question what she's doing with her life... I think she probably just cooks them fancy meals each day to keep them quiet.

Reactions: 7
Looks like she’s off to New York, I don’t think she would go alone so she’s probably taken Honor or the boyfriend.. can’t wait for the vlog of all the places that were closed or too busy to get a table..
7A86D32B-D501-4656-953E-7ABB458083A5.png
FBFFFA42-8217-4B98-8466-09CD37E2230D.png

Reactions: 3
Ah yes, 25 year old woman on her way to New York holding a fluffy bunny on her knee. Wonder if she’ll come back engaged if BF is going. Christmas time in New York is usually when people go to the park to propose (or everyone did in the ‘big youtuber’ days). Though I bet it’s her sister, mum or Honour and we’ll be disappointed. Also, her company apparently did make very good money in 2021 so no wonder she’s always doing sponsorships and spending a fortune. (This is publically available info). Her business also seems to be registered to a unit in an industrial estate which claims to house a lift maintenance company. It was previously registered at what is currently a mobile phone repair shop. I don’t know how businesses work.

Attachments

Ah yes, 25 year old woman on her way to New York holding a fluffy bunny on her knee. Wonder if she’ll come back engaged if BF is going. Christmas time in New York is usually when people go to the park to propose (or everyone did in the ‘big youtuber’ days). Though I bet it’s her sister, mum or Honour and we’ll be disappointed. Also, her company apparently did make very good money in 2021 so no wonder she’s always doing sponsorships and spending a fortune. (This is publically available info). Her business also seems to be registered to a unit in an industrial estate which claims to house a lift maintenance company. It was previously registered at what is currently a mobile phone repair shop. I don’t know how businesses work.
I bleeping hate influencers. All that money for being a consumeristic, self absorbed twit who acts like a 10 year old. Ffs.

Reactions: 14
I imagine her 2022 accounts will be even higher now there’s no lockdowns etc, she made that just by going to the shops and making cake for a year. Looks like we won’t know however until September 2023. She filed the last two in September for the previous full year.

Reactions: 3
She’ll go to New York at Christmas time and instead of taking in the sights she’ll be going round supermarkets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
You'd need to book restaurants weeks in advance for New York, she probably WILL be doing supermarket reviews because that's all she will be eating

You'd need to book restaurants weeks in advance for New York, she probably WILL be doing supermarket reviews because that's all she will be eating
They have Pret in New York, don’t they? It’ll be a mix of eating supermarket food in her hotel room, and ending up in Pret or Starbucks after failing to make any reservations.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The last trip to NY with mummy was a lot of up the nose talking heads as she doesn’t like to be on camera. Not a lot happened considering how much she says she loves it there. I’m expecting the same again. Taz was just there too. Wonder if there’s any crossover of dates or if either of them is posting with a delay.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.