Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was so humble 3 years ago. The quality of her videos and her personality just keep getting worse.

Reactions: 12
That chocolate thing has really pissed me off. I know we keep saying it but people are literally choosing between heating and having food. And Grace posts a grossly indulgent hamper of pretentious chocolate she got for free. One she could afford to buy 100+ times over if she wanted to.

duck off Grace honestly. Read the room.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm mainly laughing at her not getting a jelly cat no matter how much she begs for it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Grace honestly needs to get a life or laid- one or the other- I used to be a massive fan but I just can’t watch her anymore I think she’s become so annoying I can’t even put my finger on when she changed but she has- I’m not even saying get a job but just do SOMETHING with your life 🙀

Reactions: 16
Grace: "They're honestly not even that expensive"

*A violin-shaped chocolate with a price tag of 48.20 euros*

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
@Givemethetea Happens to a lot of them when they start to make a decent amount of money and get some views. It honestly gets to their head so incredibly much they become insufferable. She needs a reality check more than anything.

Reactions: 3
I know this was posted a while ago but I just watched her capsule hotel video then the sub box one and I just don't get what's happened to her. She used to be so engaging and now she seems to live in a complete bubble.

£85 to stay in a hotel that's not even really a capsule near the airport when she doesn't have a flight and then her (and her parents) guessing the price of the subscription boxes plus the way she seems to be imitating Taz by acting completely clueless over obvious things.

There were glimpses of the old Grace in the boxes she did the real approx costings of to say it was good value but it made it stand out so much with the ones that weren't and the way she just glossed over it, I really feel like old Grace would have said "I don't think this is worth it".

Reactions: 4
Yeaaah I snapped and unfollowed. “Not that expensive” for chocolates that equal out to be more than my grocery budget for the week, and the constant begging and fake dumb surprise when she gets what she was begging for…I can’t cope with it, it’s too tone deaf, and it’s a real shame because I used to really look forward to her videos each week.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeaaah I snapped and unfollowed. “Not that expensive” for chocolates that equal out to be more than my grocery budget for the week, and the constant begging and fake dumb surprise when she gets what she was begging for…I can’t cope with it, it’s too tone deaf, and it’s a real shame because I used to really look forward to her videos each week.
What took you so long to unfollow? Did you hope for improvement? Most of us unsubbed literally ages ago. Not shading/blaming at all, I'm really curious!

I can't believe iplayer are still sponsoring her, I bet the majority of her fanbase aren't paying tv licence fee, it annoys me that I mine is going to pay for someone like her

Reactions: 10
I just watched some of the crafting and baking video, having not seen her videos for a couple of months...

1 - why is she talking in a higher pitch? It sounds like she is faking for the camera?

2- has she developed some TikTok socially contagious "tics"? E.g. the squealing mid sentence, for example.

3- why is she acting so silly? She's always been quirky and that was fine but a few years on now, she's acting childish and it's awkward to watch.

I feel like she's developed exaggerated mannerisms because she lives on Tiktok. I saw an article recently about the rise in doctors seeing young girls developing Tourettes or FND-like tics when talking, e.g. random movements, exaggerated facial expressions and random giggles and squeals mid sentences etc. Grace strikes me as someone susceptible to that kind of socially contagious phenomenon.

It's like she's an exaggerated version of herself.

Last edited:
I just watched some of the crafting and baking video, having not seen her videos for a couple of months...

1 - why is she talking in a higher pitch? It sounds like she is faking for the camera?

2- has she developed some TikTok socially contagious "tics"? E.g. the squealing mid sentence, for example.

3- why is she acting so silly? She's always been quirky and that was fine but a few years on now, she's acting childish and it's awkward to watch.

I feel like she's developed exaggerated mannerisms because she lives on Tiktok. I saw an article recently about the rise in doctors seeing young girls developing Tourettes or FND-like tics when talking, e.g. random movements, exaggerated facial expressions and random giggles and squeals mid sentences etc. Grace strikes me as someone susceptible to that kind of socially contagious phenomenon.

This is really interesting to see a real life (as it were) example, I have read quite a lot about the effect of tiktok on mental health issues, I think all social media has had some kind of nagative effect but tiktok seems to really be by far the worst

This is really interesting to see a real life (as it were) example, I have read quite a lot about the effect of tiktok on mental health issues, I think all social media has had some kind of nagative effect but tiktok seems to really be by far the worst
It's so sad isnt it. I just saw the new video from Christina Aguilera Beautiful and the message at the end is so heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Thank you for your observation and for linking the article, that's really interesting. I'm a bit too tired now, I'll read the article later (probably tomorrow) and come back to it (here). Thank you.

Reactions: 1

Has she pitched it up slightly? Or sped up the video and not realised it would pitch it up too? You're deffo right she doesn't sound like she usually does, wonder why

Reactions: 1
I find it funny that on her fridge there is a job list. I dont know what it says and its probably something that is just for fun. But maybe she still has a list of jobs she needs to do haha

In the new video she seemed happy that someone thought she looked really young like a 16 year old.

• Sad
  • Sick
What took you so long to unfollow? Did you hope for improvement? Most of us unsubbed literally ages ago. Not shading/blaming at all, I'm really curious!
honestly I think it was how much I really liked her in the beginning. My brother got me into her videos and she was such a breath of fresh air, and then when things started going a bit skewed I just held out hope maybe she was going through a rut with ideas and soon there’d be stuff worth watching again that didn’t amount to “watch me potter about extortionate shops waffling on about things I don’t need”. Now it’s just obvious that she doesn’t really care and doesn’t want to try anything new when she can just film herself doing whatever she was going to do anyway and call it a day.

Then it sort of shifted into “well her videos aren’t for me anymore but I still like her so I’ll still follow her on Instagram”. We’re the same age so I think a few years ago I related to a lot of her not quiiite having her tit together but trying to do her best and find herself, and how authentic and non-influencer she was, but now it seems like she’s not even doing that and she’s just begging for free tit and doing taste tests of things that don’t interest me.

Like others have said, I’d love to see her do something with her degree or push herself to try something new (the last thing of hers I really enjoyed was that high effort mini series where she tried different things and really put herself out there) but she just seems happy to buy pointless tat and act like a teen on tiktok instead. There’s a guy I follow who posts videos where he tries to follow every Julia Child recipe just from the cookbook, so even if she did something like that with baking or took on any kind of challenge that didn’t only last one video, was half arsed in execution, and originate from a viral tiktok I’d probably find it interesting, but it’s not going to happen any time soon.

And like that’s fine whatever it’s her life I try not to be judgemental, but it’s the tone deafness that really pushed me over the edge and was the final straw. I don’t think she means any harm at all, but the cost of living crisis is everywhere. People are going viral for advertising how they make £5-£10 cover a week of groceries, and how they dress to avoid putting the heating on over winter, and she’s here saying how almost fifty quid on chocolate isn’t that expensive. It’s embarrassing, and not meaning any harm isn’t good enough when at this point it takes more effort to ignore it than it does to be aware of it.

It’s been said here before, I think she just feels like a much milder version of Ruby Granger, who also acts much younger than she is and seemed to really regress in the lockdown, and is also painfully tone deaf, but I find it more disappointing because I initially liked Grace much more than I ever liked Ruby ahah.

I’m sorry for writing an entire essay here - it started off as an explanation and turned into an all out venting session, my bad!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
In her Paris video it was at least less frustrating in that BFs voice was in the videos responding so it wasn’t just a camera shot up her nose most of the time like a disembodied talking head. In the other one though she’s still driving while distracted. Surely you can just wait until you’re in a car park to tell a boring story?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.