Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched her "capsule hotel" video and she has, once again, missed the point. The hotel she stayed at is straight up NOT a capsule hotel. It's just a very small, basic hotel room. The whole concept of capsule hotels is that it is literally just a bed in a pod. Everything else is separate. What even was the point of this video.

Reactions: 11
I just watched her "capsule hotel" video and she has, once again, missed the point. The hotel she stayed at is straight up NOT a capsule hotel. It's just a very small, basic hotel room. The whole concept of capsule hotels is that it is literally just a bed in a pod. Everything else is separate. What even was the point of this video.
Yes! And her saying that London needs one. Well no! That’s the point of capsule hotels that they’re literally a place to nap before a flight, why on earth would you need one in the city ?!

Reactions: 9
Yes! And her saying that London needs one. Well no! That’s the point of capsule hotels that they’re literally a place to nap before a flight, why on earth would you need one in the city ?!
The ones in Japan are mostly used by businessmen who are so overworked they need a quick and convenient place to sleep before going to work again. The only guests who would use a capsule hotel here are people like Grace who would go for the novelty.

Does this actually work for influencers? It’s so beggy that I cringed
DD7F6C5F-E5E9-416E-A0F2-C888D8968F3D.png

Reactions: 3
I like her but can’t help thinking it’s a bit tone deaf to the cost of living crisis for her to have bought (what I can see on instagram) 8 expensive advent calendars 🤦🏼‍♀️ just to presumably open them all at once to look at the contents.
And last week she bought 1 single cookie that cost £25.
I get that it’s not her problem that people struggle but most people liked her for her relatability factor which she’s very surely losing quickly.

Reactions: 16
I like her but can’t help thinking it’s a bit tone deaf to the cost of living crisis for her to have bought (what I can see on instagram) 8 expensive advent calendars 🤦🏼‍♀️ just to presumably open them all at once to look at the contents.
I get that it’s not her problem that people struggle but most people liked her for her relatability factor which she’s very surely losing quickly.
I don’t see an issue with her (or any influencer) spending money during the cost of living crisis. I don’t think anyone, an influencer or not, should get hate for having money it’s not like it’s their fault others are struggling, as you said. Also I think influencers would be super boring to watch if they didn’t have money to spend imo. I just think if someone has an issue with them spending then they are jealous. I am also jealous because I’d love to have their money and do/spend as I wish. It’s easy enough not to watch if people are that bothered by it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I don’t see an issue with her (or any influencer) spending money during the cost of living crisis. I don’t think anyone, an influencer or not, should get hate for having money it’s not like it’s their fault others are struggling, as you said. Also I think influencers would be super boring to watch if they didn’t have money to spend imo. I just think if someone has an issue with them spending then they are jealous. I am also jealous because I’d love to have their money and do/spend as I wish. It’s easy enough not to watch if people are that bothered by it 🤷‍♀️
Oh rest assured I’m 100% not jealous, I could do without the tatty contents of 8 advent calendars to find somewhere to put 🤣
My point remains that it does nothing for her relatability factor. She gives herself the persona of the girl next door, and the girl next door to me wouldn’t be spending £100 on advent calendars for herself to open all at once and a £25 cookie 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That’s so obviously not the point OP was making though. You can spend money all you want but at the end of the day buying 8 advent calendars just for the sake of it is bleeping stupid and it’s not ‘jealousy’ to point that out.

Reactions: 19
Oh rest assured I’m 100% not jealous, I could do without the tatty contents of 8 advent calendars to find somewhere to put 🤣
My point remains that it does nothing for her relatability factor. She gives herself the persona of the girl next door, and the girl next door to me wouldn’t be spending £100 on advent calendars for herself to open all at once and a £25 cookie 😆
Oh I’m not talking specifically about the advent calendars I haven’t even watched it. And not just about jealously. I just think no one should get hate for being able to live how they want with their money and that it shouldn’t matter that others cannot. I’m mostly jealous of the influencers who travel because I wish I had the money to do that 😄. I was talking more in general than just about Grace, probably didn’t seem that way from my post.

That’s so obviously not the point OP was making though. You can spend money all you want but at the end of the day buying 8 advent calendars just for the sake of it is bleeping stupid and it’s not ‘jealousy’ to point that out.
Yeah ok it may be stupid (I think it is as well) but I don’t think the cost of living crisis should be brought into it as that’s not her fault. If it was just that it’s stupid to spend her money on that then fair enough. As I said in my other post I don’t think anyone should get hate for spending money (on anything however stupid) during a cost of living crisis 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She doesn’t open them herself she buys them for family, she does it every year. It’s boring AF and I do think it’s tone deaf, but it is her regular content not a wasteful brag tbf.

One was 149 quid😫

• Wow
  • Sick
Her whole channel is just pointless consuming though really, I cannot sleep so just looked at her tiktok, is it a joke that she didn't know what bottomless brunch meant?! Its like she is not living in the real world

Reactions: 18
Has she ever really been that relatable for anyone over the age of 18? She doesn't have a regular job and still lives at home, thats not relatable to most adults, surely. I liked her content best when she was doing stuff like Bake off videos and I didn't care too much if her lifestyle was anything like mine. I went off her because her content was stale, mostly.

Reactions: 13
Has she ever really been that relatable for anyone over the age of 18? She doesn't have a regular job and still lives at home, thats not relatable to most adults, surely. I liked her content best when she was doing stuff like Bake off videos and I didn't care too much if her lifestyle was anything like mine. I went off her because her content was stale, mostly.
I’m 23 and I’ve never found grace relatable but I always found her intriguing because she lives such a different life from me and I don’t know anyone around my age in real life like her. I would say I live a fairly typical life of someone in their early 20s and i really can’t think of anything I have in common with her lol. It sounds a bit mean but the best word I can think of is that she was always a bit of an oddity to me.

Reactions: 7
She's the type of person children look at and say, 'Oh if she can do it I can be an influencer too when I grow up' she's definitely not relatable to most people her own age

Reactions: 5
this discussion about grace seeming tone deaf alongside the cost of living crisis is quite ironic really because i caught a snippet of a channel 5 show called 30 tips to cut your bills where one of the tips was using apps like olio and too good to go to get discounted food, and they showed a clip of grace's too good to go video (from 2 years ago)!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
this discussion about grace seeming tone deaf alongside the cost of living crisis is quite ironic really because i caught a snippet of a channel 5 show called 30 tips to cut your bills where one of the tips was using apps like olio and too good to go to get discounted food, and they showed a clip of grace's too good to go video (from 2 years ago)!
I mean her doing a video on toogoodtogo doesn't portray her as relatable just because she is following a trend and doing a video on it.

that being said I wouldn't say she is totally tone deaf, definitely living in her own world and I dont think is aware of how unrelatable she is.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.