Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Lol just stumbled upon this on my insta reels, wonder if grace thought this was funny or not

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Lol just stumbled upon this on my insta reels, wonder if grace thought this was funny or not
I like to think it's £25 because the inside of the box is made of real gold, otherwise how can anyone justify spending that much 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She looks fab in the all black, I don’t know why she doesn’t wear styles like that more often instead of living her pippi long stocking 9 year old vibes

Reactions: 17
She looks fab in the all black, I don’t know why she doesn’t wear styles like that more often instead of living her pippi long stocking 9 year old vibes
Literally I would kill to look as good in a stripy shirt and straight leg trousers as her. She can pull off so many things, I just wish she would embrace that rather than trying to look like a kid.

Reactions: 8
I don't know why she wears her hair like that all the time. She looks so much better with it down.

Reactions: 5
What took you so long to unfollow? Did you hope for improvement? Most of us unsubbed literally ages ago. Not shading/blaming at all, I'm really curious!
I think I still am technically a subscriber, although I rarely watch her videos. She was one of the very few you tubers I followed and I held on because I kept hoping she'd get her vibe back, that it was just a down month or something. I actually "miss" old grace. It used to feel like catching up with a pal. She is like 100 percent a different person - and I'm not just talking about being able to travel "on her own" and things like that. It's not personal growth. Who knows what the reality is, but she comes off as so spoiled, so entitled, hyper consumeristic, and she's not even making the same references to her life that she was before (before she used to reference her church etc). I wonder what they think of her grifting ways.

I think I still am technically a subscriber, although I rarely watch her videos. She was one of the very few you tubers I followed and I held on because I kept hoping she'd get her vibe back, that it was just a down month or something. I actually "miss" old grace. It used to feel like catching up with a pal. She is like 100 percent a different person - and I'm not just talking about being able to travel "on her own" and things like that. It's not personal growth. Who knows what the reality is, but she comes off as so spoiled, so entitled, hyper consumeristic, and she's not even making the same references to her life that she was before (before she used to reference her church etc). I wonder what they think of her grifting ways.
She has dramatically changed, she’s gone from my favourite YouTuber and completely different to any other, to almost worse than most. I know free stuff can go to your head but duck. I don’t doubt she’s still a nice person deep down, but she needs to come back to earth. I do wonder if her parents/family notice the shift?

Reactions: 5
Literally I would kill to look as good in a stripy shirt and straight leg trousers as her. She can pull off so many things, I just wish she would embrace that rather than trying to look like a kid.
She’s always had terrible taste in clothes, she needs to stop wearing what she sees on TikTok and just choose classic styles. Her sis always looks well dressed and age appropriate when we do see her now and again. Grace always looks like a toddler that’s been left for Dad to get dressed.

• Haha
I can’t believe how much her baking skills have regressed since 2018-2019. And I say that lightly, because I think she’s probably still quite good underneath it all. But the issue is that since her graduation, she’s made barely any effort to better herself or make challenging recipes. The recipes she makes are usually piss easy, and the course she attended is well regarded, so that’s not the issue. I feel like it’s the kind of course that doesn’t directly guarantee a career or a particular job, but generally, graduates usually end up having careers in the industry; pastry chefs, owning their own cake businesses etc. My friend graduated from a course in 2019 (in New Zealand), and almost all of her graduating class have utilized their skills. My friend is a pastry chef at a hotel and her boyfriend works as a baker for a local bakery. I don't understand why she doesn't utilize her skills a bit more - from what I recall, she was good at making bread and pastry type products. There's a lot she could do with that.

Reactions: 8
I can’t believe how much her baking skills have regressed since 2018-2019. And I say that lightly, because I think she’s probably still quite good underneath it all. But the issue is that since her graduation, she’s made barely any effort to better herself or make challenging recipes. The recipes she makes are usually piss easy, and the course she attended is well regarded, so that’s not the issue. I feel like it’s the kind of course that doesn’t directly guarantee a career or a particular job, but generally, graduates usually end up having careers in the industry; pastry chefs, owning their own cake businesses etc. My friend graduated from a course in 2019 (in New Zealand), and almost all of her graduating class have utilized their skills. My friend is a pastry chef at a hotel and her boyfriend works as a baker for a local bakery. I don't understand why she doesn't utilize her skills a bit more - from what I recall, she was good at making bread and pastry type products. There's a lot she could do with that.
Because she makes a shed load of money from doing duck all so needn’t bother essentially. Tragic.

Reactions: 11
I am fuming that our TV license fee is going towards paying some lazy influencer an extortionate amount of money to post the most basic, lazy content about the new show their pretending to watch. It’s a bloody disgrace.

Reactions: 6
I'm mainly laughing at her not getting a jelly cat no matter how much she begs for it 😂
I desperately hope this never changes and they never, ever give in. I’ll be so mad. 😆
Yeaaah I snapped and unfollowed. “Not that expensive” for chocolates that equal out to be more than my grocery budget for the week
Yep, this was me after the £50 on two cookies incident. So gross. I know some people will justify these ridiculous expenses as her making content but she could quite literally do the exact opposite. She could scout around with all her free time picking up the cheapest staple foods from places and making meals / batch cooks to bring attention to the reality of what’s happening and give people ideas on affordable ways to still be able to eat! FFS. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Of course it’s not her responsibility to do this, but I reckon she’d get good engagement and it might just bring her head back out of orbit for one second. (No it won’t.) Who am I kidding? She’d never bother doing anything like this anyway.

Reactions: 9
I am fuming that our TV license fee is going towards paying some lazy influencer an extortionate amount of money to post the most basic, lazy content about the new show their pretending to watch. It’s a bloody disgrace.
People actually pay their TV license fee?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Half the time she’s baking out of that kids easy recipies book, or a poorly researched internet recipe where she doesn’t even seem to read the comments and makes the same mistake everyone in there is talking about. I think she did baking because she didn’t know what else to do and isn’t actually that bothered about the background, skills, recipe development etc despite saying she does - we’ve certainly seen no evidence of this. She’s never explained why something doesn’t work or what needed to be changed.

Reactions: 4
Half the time she’s baking out of that kids easy recipies book, or a poorly researched internet recipe where she doesn’t even seem to read the comments and makes the same mistake everyone in there is talking about. I think she did baking because she didn’t know what else to do and isn’t actually that bothered about the background, skills, recipe development etc despite saying she does - we’ve certainly seen no evidence of this. She’s never explained why something doesn’t work or what needed to be changed.
I wonder what she'd be doing now if she hadn't started youtube

I wonder what she'd be doing now if she hadn't started youtube
Probably be a teacher like the rest of her family. I’d say she would have just gone to university, I think it’s only that she was scouted for modelling in her teens that she didn’t

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.