Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The trend of rich folk using apps like that never sat well with me tbh.
I don't think the majority of people using too good to go are poor though tbh, no idea about olio, but getting a discounted bag of Starbucks sandwiches or sushi from yosushi isn't even particularly cheap, it is cheaper(and generally more nutritious) to make a proper meal

Reactions: 7
I don't think the majority of people using too good to go are poor though tbh, no idea about olio, but getting a discounted bag of Starbucks sandwiches or sushi from yosushi isn't even particularly cheap, it is cheaper(and generally more nutritious) to make a proper meal
Just cause most people do it doesn't make it good tho? I just find it distasteful to see someone who earns a tit ton of money and will happily spend hundreds on pretentious food and take one bite, taking advantage of a service like that just so she can see how many bargain pastries she can get. I wish the businesses would donate it all to the homeless but even if that can't happen for whatever reason, I at least wish it would be left for your average Joe who would benefit from a bit of money off instead. It's just influencer culture isn't it, taking stuff you don't need and can easily afford yourself 10x over, just because you can. Think it's scummy and when her channel is 99% boasting about how much money she spends on posh food, it seems even worse to me.

Reactions: 15
Just cause most people do it doesn't make it good tho? I just find it distasteful to see someone who earns a tit ton of money and will happily spend hundreds on pretentious food and take one bite, taking advantage of a service like that just so she can see how many bargain pastries she can get. I wish the businesses would donate it all to the homeless but even if that can't happen for whatever reason, I at least wish it would be left for your average Joe who would benefit from a bit of money off instead. It's just influencer culture isn't it, taking stuff you don't need and can easily afford yourself 10x over, just because you can. Think it's scummy and when her channel is 99% boasting about how much money she spends on posh food, it seems even worse to me.
Yeah it’s giving alfie deyes doing the 24 hour 1 pound “challenge”

Reactions: 9
Too good to go was made to avoid food waste, not to give food waste for cheap to poor people though. What is a problem however is that, at least in my country, that food waste would previously go to food banks and now the food banks have big problems with food shortages as a result. The people who need to food bank can often not even pay for the too good to go boxes and THAT is a problem. But that is not really a problem easily solved.

I do, however, think it's up to the people using it to be considerate towards others. I haven't struggled financially before so even though I saw good deals I didn't get them because I always hoped someone with a smaller budget would get the good boxes. Lately I'm struggling financially so I'm thinking of buying some fruit and veg boxes because that would help me a lot. Currently still trying with whatever is on sale, but with the inflation and energy prices and everything I am not sure how long I'll be able to continue.

I have not a solution to this problem, but as for Grace I always thought it was a bit odd that she would get those too good to go boxes but also buy expensive tea or cookies.

What do you guys think would be a good solution to these problems? I don't really think we can blame too good to go because it was never their intention to be for poorer people.

Reactions: 6
Too good to go was made to avoid food waste, not to give food waste for cheap to poor people though. What is a problem however is that, at least in my country, that food waste would previously go to food banks and now the food banks have big problems with food shortages as a result. The people who need to food bank can often not even pay for the too good to go boxes and THAT is a problem. But that is not really a problem easily solved.

I do, however, think it's up to the people using it to be considerate towards others. I haven't struggled financially before so even though I saw good deals I didn't get them because I always hoped someone with a smaller budget would get the good boxes. Lately I'm struggling financially so I'm thinking of buying some fruit and veg boxes because that would help me a lot. Currently still trying with whatever is on sale, but with the inflation and energy prices and everything I am not sure how long I'll be able to continue.

I have not a solution to this problem, but as for Grace I always thought it was a bit odd that she would get those too good to go boxes but also buy expensive tea or cookies.

What do you guys think would be a good solution to these problems? I don't really think we can blame too good to go because it was never their intention to be for poorer people.
Grace to stop being a grabby twit and pay for her food herself?

Reactions: 4
Grace to stop being a grabby twit and pay for her food herself?
I think more of a problem than too good to go or whatever is all the stuff she is gifted. Any company gifting food to influencers in this climate is a disgrace. If I was her I would be giving all the top.good to go stuff to homeless people after I had looked.at it (not opened it obv)

I know most companies probably just threw away the food now going tonthese apps, but pretty used to give all their leftovers to homeless charities/shelters and it is awful they are not still doing so.

Reactions: 5

Agree it’s nothing to do with toogoodtogo - they’re doing a great thing.
It’s the sour taste from youtubers doing videos to buy into a trend, not necessarily from a nasty place from them but it is insensitive

I think more of a problem than too good to go or whatever is all the stuff she is gifted. Any company gifting food to influencers in this climate is a disgrace. If I was her I would be giving all the top.good to go stuff to homeless people after I had looked.at it (not opened it obv)

I know most companies probably just threw away the food now going tonthese apps, but pretty used to give all their leftovers to homeless charities/shelters and it is awful they are not still doing so.
I think for me it gets my back up so much with Grace because her entire content is based around the disgusting amount of money she spends on (pretentious) food she barely touches. So to see her getting food she doesn't need for free, when people are literally having to choose between eating and warming their homes, makes my blood boil. Gifted tat she gets doesn't bother me as much because that isn't a necessity, it's just tit. I agree with gifted food though.

Reactions: 8
I think for me it gets my back up so much with Grace because her entire content is based around the disgusting amount of money she spends on (pretentious) food she barely touches. So to see her getting food she doesn't need for free, when people are literally having to choose between eating and warming their homes, makes my blood boil. Gifted tat she gets doesn't bother me as much because that isn't a necessity, it's just tit. I agree with gifted food though.
Yeh very true, this is the problem with her content now, it is just about consumption . She used to have interesting creative ideas, that has all gone now

Yeh very true, this is the problem with her content now, it is just about consumption . She used to have interesting creative ideas, that has all gone now
Happens to them all it seems :( I genuinely didn't think it would with Grace, she seemed so down to earth but it's all gone to tit. Now she's just a beg like the rest.

Tbh I think with it being a few years ago the top good to go video was probably good advertisement for the app as it wasn’t as popular as it is now was it back then?

Reactions: 1
Funny how that article about her dad being such a strict head teacher yet his own daughter sits at home eating advent calendars being a tit all day-

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just watched the fast food recommendations video and she’s singing with her eyes closed at times and either one hand or both hands off the wheel while moving. Filming when driving should definitely be illegal. Never see anyone do it safely.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That video was so dull, her lack of awareness about work is just bizarre, wow shock horror that when asked for a recommendation a fast food worker would just pitch the product they are promoting. Also her latest post on jnstagram about missing her school uniform, she is 100%one of those people who hark back to their school days because they are bored with their life now

Reactions: 20
Also is she doing these all in the same day? Im sure she doesnt eat everything she gets..

Reactions: 3
Most fast food workers are so sick of the food they sell they probably never really eat the food where they work.

Also is she doing these all in the same day? Im sure she doesnt eat everything she gets..
She takes a couple bites and either bins it or gives it to family (especially in the case of the burger she kept having to get).

So sick of grace always begging for freebies and then acting super shocked when she gets sent a pr box like just cut the tit already

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So sick of grace always begging for freebies and then acting super shocked when she gets sent a pr box like just cut the tit already
Yeah the oh wow little old me? Act is bullshit now Grace. You have loads of followers and your always on the beg. It’s about as surprising as rain in November.

That testing fast food was one of the worst videos in ages. She barely tried anything at all and when she acted like she didn’t know if she’d already done the video before😂

Yeah the oh wow little old me? Act is bullshit now Grace. You have loads of followers and your always on the beg. It’s about as surprising as rain in November.
Yeh exactly, she is sent things every time she mentiona a brand (exceot for jelly cta i guess, that must be killing her 😅), I never buy chocolates from rococo but if I did I wouldn't be again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.