Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i thought her brother had left too. I seem to recall she made a huge thing about how upset she was.. he seems to be back now though/?
100% they both moved out, and the brother is married and lives with the wife doesn't he? I assume they are just in content now as it is half term? (I know the borther is not a teacher but maybe his wife is?) and her sister is

Reactions: 3
At this point I’m thinking she’s saying “mugged it off” only to “spite” us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What Does Grace bring to the table as a girlfriend? Food? Cookies? I really hope she is more interesting outside of her YouTube channel

I absolutely still cannot get my head around her having a boyfriend nevermind a husband. She's so immature man.

Reactions: 17
It’s kinda mad that she hasn’t even properly dated around to find a good match or anything. She’s so undeveloped for her age. If she gets engaged to the first guy she’s ever known, kissed, that’s just offit! I feel like she’d say he has cooties if he tried touching her

Reactions: 8
It’s kinda mad that she hasn’t even properly dated around to find a good match or anything. She’s so undeveloped for her age. If she gets engaged to the first guy she’s ever known, kissed, that’s just offit! I feel like she’d say he has cooties if he tried touching her
It's the family way isn't it lol.

It's not even about her not having properly dated anyone before (nothing wrong with dating whenever you're comfy with it, in her case must've been hard to find a man considering she only leaves the house to buy boujee marmalades anyways), it's just that she has SO little real life experience that she can't possibly relate to anyone else her age?? Look I'm a bit younger than her and still trying to find my own way in life but I just know we'd have NOTHING to talk about because it seems like her biggest challenge in life was her dairy allergy and even that she could get rid of within a few weeks! Not me having to pop a lactaid whenever I just look at cheese... (that's a me problem tho :ROFLMAO:) I don't even know why we all used to find her to be so relatable because what's relatable about being a super privileged pretty white girl who lives at home at 25, doesn't have to pay rent and eats luxury goods for money?

Reactions: 14
It's not even about her not having properly dated anyone before (nothing wrong with dating whenever you're comfy with it, in her case must've been hard to find a man considering she only leaves the house to buy boujee marmalades anyways), it's just that she has SO little real life experience that she can't possibly relate to anyone else her age?? Look I'm a bit younger than her and still trying to find my own way in life but I just know we'd have NOTHING to talk about because it seems like her biggest challenge in life was her dairy allergy and even that she could get rid of within a few weeks! Not me having to pop a lactaid whenever I just look at cheese... (that's a me problem tho :ROFLMAO:) I don't even know why we all used to find her to be so relatable because what's relatable about being a super privileged pretty white girl who lives at home at 25, doesn't have to pay rent and eats luxury goods for money?
I think the next thread title should simply be "boujee marmalade" pretty much sums her up I think :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think if she does get engaged this Christmas we probably won't know about it, seeing as she hasn't even announced she's dating anyone properly yet. Will have to look out for a ring :p

Reactions: 5
I get they're very religious but it is weird how the kids live with the parents till they're 25-26, then only move out once they're engaged or married.

I don't think she'll tell us if she's engaged but I think she should move out before getting engaged and gain a little more life experience.

Reactions: 4
Oh I said this before but I don't think it's weird that people don't dare around and I don't think we should shame or look down upon someone who doesn't (just like we shouldn't someone who does). My dad was my mom's first (and only) as well and they have been married for 40 years. Many in my family are like that and I have many friends and acquittances as well who are the same, together like that between 10 and 30 years with no (major) issues. If someone is happy with the first person they ever date I think we should respect that - after all it's that person's own decision and not something we have to choose for ourselves.

I honestly see no issue in this but I do not see her living a married life at all because she's so childish but maybe that's what he likes about her? That she gets excited about the most random things? Maybe he thinks it's cute and endearing

I think she’d have to live very nearby home or she’d go mad, she needs constant social interaction which she’s not going to get all day then from 6-7 until bedtime after he’s been at work once the glow wears off. Her parents are used to it but very clearly look exasperated with her sometimes. A full time work from home job is probably the worst thing she could have for her personality.

Reactions: 6
I see both sides. I've been with my husband since i was 15, 14 years later we're still going strong.

But it's the maturity level for me. I can't imagine her having a discussion around what they class as cheating, what does she need to feel loved, how will they approach sex and what they like / don't like, etc.

She doesn't strike me as someone who can emotionally handle the difficult times. For example me and my husband have experienced infertility for nearly 4 years now. It's took a lot to support each other and lots of 'what do you need?'. I can't picture Grace coping with any life hardships at all (death, infertility, mental health issues, financial difficulty) but in a relationship you also need to consider the other person and she seems SO childish.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh I said this before but I don't think it's weird that people don't dare around and I don't think we should shame or look down upon someone who doesn't (just like we shouldn't someone who does). My dad was my mom's first (and only) as well and they have been married for 40 years. Many in my family are like that and I have many friends and acquittances as well who are the same, together like that between 10 and 30 years with no (major) issues. If someone is happy with the first person they ever date I think we should respect that - after all it's that person's own decision and not something we have to choose for ourselves.

I honestly see no issue in this but I do not see her living a married life at all because she's so childish but maybe that's what he likes about her? That she gets excited about the most random things? Maybe he thinks it's cute and endearing
He works in a law firm and deals with pretty grim topics every day. She's probably a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: 1
Part of me thinks the childish thing is mostly an act... it makes her more relatable to teensgers who I imagine provide the most engagement and keep her relevant?

I just find it hard to believe she is genuinely this immature when she's discussed leading the church youth group which based on my experiences when I was younger, could involve teenagers coming to her to discuss serious issues in their life. She'd obviously have to maintain some level of authority in those situations!
Anyone else think she overplays it or do we think its genuine?

Part of me thinks the childish thing is mostly an act... it makes her more relatable to teensgers who I imagine provide the most engagement and keep her relevant?

I just find it hard to believe she is genuinely this immature when she's discussed leading the church youth group which based on my experiences when I was younger, could involve teenagers coming to her to discuss serious issues in their life. She'd obviously have to maintain some level of authority in those situations!
Anyone else think she overplays it or do we think its genuine?
I think she is immature (not helped by the fact she still lives at home and doesn;t realky have a proper job or interaction with new people, that most people get through work, but she definitely overplays it, people dont generally become less mature as time goes on do they? she is the same as her friend Taz, she has realised what works for her audience and is playing up to it.

He works in a law firm and deals with pretty grim topics every day. She's probably a breath of fresh air.
What grim topics does he deal with? He is a trainee in a soulless corporate firm, he probably just works on business mergers 🤣 he's not actually helping anyone or dealing with any distressing aspects of the law.

I don't see an issue with settling down with the first person you've dated either - I did it myself - the difference is I was never brought up being told that's the only way you should be looking for a partner, it was just luck for me. From Grace's siblings it seems like dating for fun and trying to find yourself is discouraged in her family, and that dating with the intention of being married off is very much encouraged, which isn't really a good thing imo. She's just so sheltered.

Reactions: 11
What grim topics does he deal with? He is a trainee in a soulless corporate firm, he probably just works on business mergers 🤣 he's not actually helping anyone or dealing with any distressing aspects of the law.

I don't see an issue with settling down with the first person you've dated either - I did it myself - the difference is I was never brought up being told that's the only way you should be looking for a partner, it was just luck for me. From Grace's siblings it seems like dating for fun and trying to find yourself is discouraged in her family, and that dating with the intention of being married off is very much encouraged, which isn't really a good thing imo. She's just so sheltered.
yeah isn't he just dealing with pretty mundane paperwork at this stage? Not like he is arguing in family courts about custody battles etc. Either way imagine getting home and discussing your day "what did you do, I had a boring business meeting, deadlines etc" to "I went and filmed in sainsburys"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
yeah isn't he just dealing with pretty mundane paperwork at this stage? Not like he is arguing in family courts about custody battles etc. Either way imagine getting home and discussing your day "what did you do, I had a boring business meeting, deadlines etc" to "I went and filmed in sainsburys"
Well they do have the church in common. I imagine similar social circles as well

He's an aid to a more senior solicitor. He has a list of cases he's helped the senior with on his staff profile and it includes s*xual assault among other serious crimes. He may not go to the stand but I'd imagine he reads a lot about what happened to victims as part of his job.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.