Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finally unfollowed her on insta, couldn’t take seeing her say another sweet mother of pearl. I cracked.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
omg I am just watching her tiktok about the cookie place, that tea!!! £9 ?!?!?! literally some leaves thrown into a cup! that shocked me even more than the overpriced cookie
Not even going to get into the embarassing xmas video. I do not get people that do this countdown to xmas thing anyway, enjoy the time when it is here, counting down for me is so weird, it is like just wishing your life away and not living in the present

Reactions: 5
ik this has been said but its weird to me how she constantly tries foods she doesn’t like. in this new video she makes a rice pudding dish and something with oats (which shes stated multiple times, no matter how much she tries them, she doesn’t like). not to mention the times where she clearly spends £4-6 on coffee from starbucks etc despite hating coffee. i don’t get her. its just pure waste.

Not to justify how much she spends on expensive food and drink, but she literally does nothing with her life apart from eat. She doesn't have to travel to and from work, doesn't pay any rent, doesn't have to pay bills, doesn't go out with friends (unless it's for food), doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't have any hobbies that cost money (apart from eating). Do you get my point? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's grossly out of touch with reality. Everyone is genuinely struggling to get by and she's constantly posting pretentious food. Just read the room.

Reactions: 11
Not to justify how much she spends on expensive food and drink, but she literally does nothing with her life apart from eat. She doesn't have to travel to and from work, doesn't pay any rent, doesn't have to pay bills, doesn't go out with friends (unless it's for food), doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't have any hobbies that cost money (apart from eating). Do you get my point? 😂
What a sad little life Jane

• Haha
I couldn't deal with the whole earrings thing. Because heaven forbid you go out to dinner without EARINGS. Just a casual jaunt out to buy gold earrings (diamond for Honour!), no big deal.

I could almost deal with the obnoxiousness of the lifestyle stuff if her other content was good. But her breakfasts from around the world were super rushed feeling, she mentioned that she did the "easy versions" and said she did a lot of research but didn't tell us any of it . . .? Plus it was kind of a grim add. If I was that sponsor I'd not be thrilled but who knows.

Reactions: 7
That Christmas reel 😭 ffs Grace do SOMETHING anything worthwhile
Nahhhh this gave me a major ick she needs to change her life drastically like go on papa booth kick her out and make her pay her own bills or something lets turn the drama up

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Congrats on being out of ED since January, that's a huge accomplishment. Don't compare your inside [world] to someone else's outside [world]. You have no idea what she's like and what her state of being is.
I have struggled with AN for many years. I am in a much better place now and have been for quite a while. Some people believe in full recovery, but for me I just know it won't happen. First I was bumped, but now I have accepted it and that is putting my mind at ease. I now know what my triggers are and when I get certain urges. It's been a long learning curve (I have had loads of therapy as well btw). Is there anything you can do to help yourself? It truly doesn't help if you stare your triggers right in the face, not when things are still very fragile. Throughout time and years I have learned and sometimes.. often... I have to be strict with myself in order to help myself.
Is there anything I can do to help you? If you want to have a talk about it, feel free to reply to this comment. Just know you are not alone and just know you are doing incredibly well. You may think she has it all by being skinnier, but you have no idea what it's like inside her head and mind. Comparison really is the thief of joy (or at least a healthier mind). I also think it's a good idea to look into your private life and see what's bothering you, where you want/need control and why certain things trigger you more than others. Let me know if you need help or just a chat ♥ Take good care of yourself and remember to kind, gentle and loving. Have some self compassion. Life is difficult enough as it is.

I agree with this, maybe unpopular opinion but from my own experience and what I have seen in others I don't really think "full recovery" from an ED is possible, you can manage it and develop other strategies but you always have to be mindful about slipping back.

Huge congrats to everyone who is doing so 💜
Sorry for replying both of you so late, but thank you for this support. I have been trying to watch Grace once again, but the food part just doesn't sit with me. Honestly, it is not even... triggering, dare I say? It just makes me really frustrated. She eats quite a little amount, even though she manages to make it look like she does a lot etc. And I just feel bad for people who are actually struggling a lot more to who this may be very bad. Because as I was climbing out of this hole, she was the one I inspired to be.

But honestly, I am 100% okay, my support system in a form of a bf is so good. I have some days I feel bad about eating, but honestly? In about half an hour I am over it and I NEVER EVER thgouht recovering fully is possible. But for me it was so freaking easy when I finally did that. :D No going back and I just wish I could help others, talking about my story. :) And I did spend 5+years sick, 7 months in a hospital and all the worst crap you can imagine.

Grace sometimes still seems like old happy adorable lovely girl. I just wish she tried something... more, you know? She seems to be too settled in her current stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This latest video is so lazy, half of it is just an ad, at this point who needs to be told what a podcast is or how you can listen?! and she seems to have very little idea about any of the actual dishes, she seems to send most of the time saying "I don't know/I'm not sure"

Reactions: 4
Looks like the isle of wight holiday was Chloe and her husband and Grace and her boyfriend (her parents don't seem to be there). Not much longer til an engagement I'd say.

Reactions: 9
Christmas will be awkward this year imo, both siblings have moved out with their partners and Grace exactly the same but with a semi-invisible boyfriend so she'll have all these people she has to hide from the camera

• Haha
Could you see a Christmas engagement? Grace hyping Christmas up a lot, her bf sees this and thinks what’ll make it better? A proposal? At a time if the year she loves, she’ll love it even more.

I think Chloe and her husband still live in their parents house. She is always around on her vlogs.

Reactions: 1
I think Chloe and her husband still live in their parents house. She is always around on her vlogs.
Didn’t she move out quite a while ago? If I remember correctly Grace took her room ? I know she moved to a different room then so no clue what happened there but I thought she’d left.

Reactions: 12
I find the vlog style of her travelling and with family odd, it’s weird her just being in it alone. I’d rather her just enjoy time away and not vlog it. They’re very boring and bizarre having her and everyone else cut out

Reactions: 15
I agree. A lot of vloggers don't film when they are with people who don't want to be in the vlog because they know it's weird and not fun as a viewer or they put in a very very small clip with "I'm having dinner with my family now and we are eating this, I'll see you guys in the morning" and that's it so that the viewer knows what the vlogger was up to but still respecting the privacy of the others which is totally fine but filming a whole holiday with only your face and shoes is just so weird and boring indeed. It's not fun as a viewer at all?! It's just lazy content not going to lie.

Bet she's hoping for that christmas engagement indeed

Reactions: 6
Didn’t she move out quite a while ago? If I remember correctly Grace took her room ? I know she moved to a different room then so no clue what happened there but I thought she’d left.
i thought her brother had left too. I seem to recall she made a huge thing about how upset she was.. he seems to be back now though/?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.