Grackle #2 Infantalisation and bakery reviews - will pretending to be fifteen get me more views?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I donā€™t know how sheā€™s managed to go from one of the purest most delightful YouTubers ever to insufferable
I am just watching her latest video on extra grack, she makes a very definite point of saying how good the service was, without really explaining it, she is 100% reading here. If you are grace, good or bad service, please explain why!

Reactions: 6
Her content on tiktok is bleeping dead, sheā€™s just sat in her kitchen trying Aldi knock off BigMacs and making hotdogs with spaghetti and sweetcorn stuck on themā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They baby her too much still and have never properly disciplined her. I don't mean being harsh but it's good to have rules and such, it's clear she's too comfortable and nobody's saying anything

Reactions: 9
does it annoy anyone else she pauses on pages of recipe books and then encourages people to screen shot? if that was my recipe book I wouldn't be happy, I get that making the recipe is almost the same, but showing the whole page like that seems almost like a copyright issue

They baby her too much still and have never properly disciplined her. I don't mean being harsh but it's good to have rules and such, it's clear she's too comfortable and nobody's saying anything
Watching her most recent cooking vlog and she uses some kind of word like "smooshing" for some baking thing she is doing, her mum said "great technical word Grace", for me it sounded almost a bit annoyed, like you have done a baking degree and you don't even know vocab to describe things well

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think it's one thing to be a legitimate content creator, to live off TikTok and YouTube, there are people who have obviously and made millions and become very wealthy, but they appeal to a specific audience and put effort in...

Grace is like an overgrown 15 year old honestly, she's been in a state of arrested development since the pandemic began, probably before that even when, since she graduated uni in 2019.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@emm : hah, maybe her Mom reads here ;) can imagine she must be feel annoyed as well. Of course it's Grace's own life and she can do what she wants, but as a parent I can imagine you had other things in mind for your child, right? I mean, it's not that bad she's not a criminal or anything lmao and she's super harmless but after getting a degree in baking from uni and then seeing her become like this must be pretty exhausting for a parent. I don't know how do uni funding works in the UK? Do you have to take a student dept or do you get a school fund or do your parents/family usually pay for it? Because if her parents paid for it, they must be a bit pissed off about it surely?

Reactions: 3
@emm Do you have to take a student dept or do you get a school fund or do your parents/family usually pay for it? Because if her parents paid for it, they must be a bit pissed off about it surely?
you take out a loan from the government which goes straight to your university to pay for tuition (currently it's Ā£9250 per year, I think it was closer to Ā£9000 when Grace did her degree) - this is then treated almost like a personal tax once you start earning enough (~Ā£27000 per year) but the interest rates are ridiculous and most students currently studying probably won't ever fully pay the loan back. you can also apply for a maintenace loan to cover living costs (primarily rent) which is determined by how much your primary caregiver(s) earn and if you're living away from home, but as grace lived at home I can't imagine she applied for this

I don't know how popular she was on youtube in her first year, but maybe she paid for her own tuition fees using YouTube money to avoid the debt?

Reactions: 4
I think
you take out a loan from the government which goes straight to your university to pay for tuition (currently it's Ā£9250 per year, I think it was closer to Ā£9000 when Grace did her degree) - this is then treated almost like a personal tax once you start earning enough (~Ā£27000 per year) but the interest rates are ridiculous and most students currently studying probably won't ever fully pay the loan back. you can also apply for a maintenace loan to cover living costs (primarily rent) which is determined by how much your primary caregiver(s) earn and if you're living away from home, but as grace lived at home I can't imagine she applied for this

I don't know how popular she was on youtube in her first year, but maybe she paid for her own tuition fees using YouTube money to avoid the debt?
she only had around 40k subscribers at that time if I remember correctly. But she had been a model so maybe she did have a lot of money of her own. Tbh her parents could have just paid her tuition fees either, itā€™s not unheard of, theyā€™re pretty well off, and she lived at home so didnā€™t have any of the extra expenses like rent to pay.

Reactions: 3

Is it just me that sees no point in paying off the loan in full? May as well just pay the percentage each month. Makes no sense to me to pay it off

Reactions: 7
Is it just me that sees no point in paying off the loan in full? May as well just pay the percentage each month. Makes no sense to me to pay it off
If youā€™re a high earner it makes sense - when I say high I mean over Ā£60k ish a year - because youā€™re paying a fairly significant amount each month and when thatā€™s done thatā€™s extra money in your pension or savings.

Reactions: 5
It does make sense because at the rate it accumulates interest, if youā€™re paying it back over the full 30 years, you end up paying back a lot more than if you just payed it all off in large chunks as soon as you could.
Pretty hard to do though unless you suddenly walk into an extremely high paying job, have rich parents, win the lottery or become an influencer.

Reactions: 2
It does make sense because at the rate it accumulates interest, if youā€™re paying it back over the full 30 years, you end up paying back a lot more than if you just payed it all off in large chunks as soon as you could.
Pretty hard to do though unless you suddenly walk into an extremely high paying job, have rich parents, win the lottery or become an influencer.
Ok thanks I never looked into it as Iā€™ll never be able to šŸ˜‚

Sheā€™s so daft wtf are her stories about on instašŸ˜­ a cat sniffing things? Has she ever seen another cat?? Obviously cats sniff things? What else are they gonna do? See an candle and ask us ā€œwhatā€™s that there?ā€???? Jeeeesus christ this girl

Her scratching the paint off the bathtub with a whisk makes so much more sense now

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sheā€™s so daft wtf are her stories about on instašŸ˜­ a cat sniffing things? Has she ever seen another cat?? Obviously cats sniff things? What else are they gonna do? See an candle and ask us ā€œwhatā€™s that there?ā€???? Jeeeesus christ this girl

Her scratching the paint off the bathtub with a whisk makes so much more sense now
Plz she has the life experience of a teaspoon

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Plz she has the life experience of a teaspoon
Yeh that bath thing was unreal, she is the kind of person those stupid tiktok hacks are made for, except they are aimed at 13 year olds with no knowledge about anything

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.