Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she means mentally tired but if she means physically after what she’s shown us today- how?!

Reactions: 1
Being a size 16/18 and buying smaller sizes is clearly not the same as a size 10 girl buying a size 20 t shirt to cut up and turn into a dress, for example. Plus size women already have a hard time finding clothes that do not resemble flowery tents, so it’s not really fair for slimmer girls to buy bigger clothes just to cut them up. It’s different if they’re buying them to wear as oversized, as the item is staying as its original size.

Are you being deliberately dense? You can’t tell plus sized women to just lose weight if they’re not happy with the range of clothes on offer. There is such a thing as inclusivity. Even if a larger woman did decide to try and lose weight so that she could have more clothing options, what is she supposed to do in the meantime - just walk around naked? You’re a 16/18 which is plus sized for many retailers, so maybe have a bit more respect.

What are YOU going to do about it? Stand at the end of tills and tell people who are smaller size ‘Nah love put that back you’re not a size 20 so you can’t buy it’? How much of a privileged bubble do you have to live in where you genuinely think you have right to tell other people what they can and cannot spend their hard earned money on. I’m glad this isn’t an idea shared by the wider public, it’s bleeping bizarre. Mind your own and let people buy what they want.

There’s not a shortage of plus size clothing. There might not be as much of a range in style compared to single size clothing but stop acting like plus size women are being forced to make there clothes out bin bags because there’s no sizes for them. The level of delusion is outstanding.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What are YOU going to do about it? Stand at the end of tills and tell people who are smaller size ‘Nah love put that back you’re not a size 20 so you can’t buy it’? How much of a privileged bubble do you have to live in where you genuinely think you have right to tell other people what they can and cannot spend their hard earned money on. I’m glad this isn’t an idea shared by the wider public, it’s bleeping bizarre. Mind your own and let people buy what they want.

There’s not a shortage of plus size clothing. There might not be as much of a range in style compared to single size clothing but stop acting like plus size women are being forced to make there clothes out bin bags because there’s no sizes for them. The level of delusion is outstanding.
And also - surely smaller people buying them boosts demand so brands will make/sell more?

E.g. I'm happy to see non vegans buying /trying vegan options as the bigger the demand the more options we get 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
And also - surely smaller people buying them boosts demand so brands will make/sell more?

E.g. I'm happy to see non vegans buying /trying vegan options as the bigger the demand the more options we get 🤷‍♀️
It’s a weird mentality to have. Especially since fast fashion is killing the environment I don’t understand why people are angry that others are buying thrifted clothes to customise and make their own. I think it’s something we should encourage. I would love to see more influencers do it rather than the endless PLT hauls. Even if someone wants to buy larger sized non-thrifted clothes then it’s none of our business anyway

side note: I’m loving all the affordable vegan shoe brands currently out at the moment! (Sorry to derail the thread)

Reactions: 5
It’s a weird mentality to have. Especially since fast fashion is killing the environment I don’t understand why people are angry that others are buying thrifted clothes to customise and make their own. I think it’s something we should encourage. I would love to see more influencers do it rather than the endless PLT hauls. Even if someone wants to buy larger sized non-thrifted clothes then it’s none of our business anyway

side note: I’m loving all the affordable vegan shoe brands currently out at the moment! (Sorry to derail the thread)
It just sums grace up tbh and a lot of the other “body positive” influencers out there, they say they are 100% happy and they love every inch of their body, big is beautiful etc etc yet are offended when someone who is of smaller frame states that a size 24 top is baggy on them so they can wear it as a dress. What kind of messed up mentality is that?! How can you be so body positive if you get offended at that?!? I had a similar experience quite recently, I’m a UK size 8 and I’m 5 foot 7 so I’m like 80% leg 😂 As someone who doesn’t like fast fashion, I like wearing things that nobody else would have, I bought a velvet top from a charity shop (pre lockdown of course) at size 22, but I really loved the colour of it and the look of it so I changed the sleeves on it and the neckline and just wore it as a baggy dress and I LOVE it, yet I had some rather snooty DMs on Instagram saying how it’s fatphobic that I stated it was size 22 and BAGGY on me, and 1 girl said “why would you feel the need to tell everyone a size 22 is baggy on you when that could hurt people who struggle to fit in size 22 things”. I was BAFFLED.

Reactions: 3
It just sums grace up tbh and a lot of the other “body positive” influencers out there, they say they are 100% happy and they love every inch of their body, big is beautiful etc etc yet are offended when someone who is of smaller frame states that a size 24 top is baggy on them so they can wear it as a dress. What kind of messed up mentality is that?! How can you be so body positive if you get offended at that?!? I had a similar experience quite recently, I’m a UK size 8 and I’m 5 foot 7 so I’m like 80% leg 😂 As someone who doesn’t like fast fashion, I like wearing things that nobody else would have, I bought a velvet top from a charity shop (pre lockdown of course) at size 22, but I really loved the colour of it and the look of it so I changed the sleeves on it and the neckline and just wore it as a baggy dress and I LOVE it, yet I had some rather snooty DMs on Instagram saying how it’s fatphobic that I stated it was size 22 and BAGGY on me, and 1 girl said “why would you feel the need to tell everyone a size 22 is baggy on you when that could hurt people who struggle to fit in size 22 things”. I was BAFFLED.
I’m large myself but wouldn’t be offended at this, not something I’d even thought about 🤣

Anyone else follow her on twitter and picking up all the cryptic tweets about her ‘very exciting’ good news? My first thought was ‘pregnancy’ but I don’t feel like it fits the tone. Or engagement but again, that wouldn’t be something that is ‘only exciting to her’ as we’d hope Lee would also be excited about it haha. I’m wondering with all of the brands and companies scrambling for good pr amidst BLM if she might have secured herself something exciting/lucrative career wise?

Attachments

Reactions: 2
She gets up early, does housework, works out, drinks healthily, eats healthily... sigh. I get up late and have a brew and a look at social media.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She just comes across as having a problem with slim bodies? Like if people have that build they are instantly fat phobic/only slim to please the opposite sex or whatever.

I hate how ‘body positivity’ Only seems to apply to plus/curve figures, because if you’re slim and proud of your body you’re labelled as smug or arrogant or fat phobic.

also can’t stand the ‘my body decided it needed a biscuit today so that’s what I provided because the moon is in full crescent and my healing gem stone chose a hobnob’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Anyone else follow her on twitter and picking up all the cryptic tweets about her ‘very exciting’ good news? My first thought was ‘pregnancy’ but I don’t feel like it fits the tone. Or engagement but again, that wouldn’t be something that is ‘only exciting to her’ as we’d hope Lee would also be excited about it haha. I’m wondering with all of the brands and companies scrambling for good pr amidst BLM if she might have secured herself something exciting/lucrative career wise?
Wonder what it is?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.