Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Strange. Why the duck is it another woman’s fault if my size 10 is baggy on her size 6 frame? It’s mine for not improving my diet and health my eating healthier and exercising (I’m not suggesting a size 10 isn’t healthy but I know my diet is crap and I don’t exercise so no I’m not at my physical peak)

maybe I’ll get bashed for not understanding but like someone said above if she’s so happy, how could it cause her offensive?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s full of it. I was up near her size a couple of years back and I never take offence to slimmer people wearing bigger size clothes for a baggy effect. She has said in hauls she has “sized up” because she likes her hoodies/joggers baggy. The only difference is they don’t look baggy on Grace.
Yes, she has frequently mentioned sizing up as she prefers a baggier fit, so hypocritical of her to be offended if someone else is sizing up to change a fit.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Funnily Bethany Rutter - a far more articulate & politically aware plus size influencer - had a thread on this the other day. Her point was around Depop and second hand clothes market in general, that slim women shouldn’t buy up plus size clothing to wear oversize / cut up / customise because it’s depriving plus size women of access to that, especially as supply of quality plus size clothes is so limited. That is an entirely valid point.

Whatever the duck Grace is going on about is not the same? It’s not fatphobic, it may make her feel bad about herself but that’s on her and she needs more of those crystal baths to sort that tit out sorry hun x

Reactions: 8
Funnily Bethany Rutter - a far more articulate & politically aware plus size influencer - had a thread on this the other day. Her point was around Depop and second hand clothes market in general, that slim women shouldn’t buy up plus size clothing to wear oversize / cut up / customise because it’s depriving plus size women of access to that, especially as supply of quality plus size clothes is so limited. That is an entirely valid point.

Whatever the duck Grace is going on about is not the same? It’s not fatphobic, it may make her feel bad about herself but that’s on her and she needs more of those crystal baths to sort that tit out sorry hun x
I’m sorry but that is not a valid point AT ALL. I’m a size 16/18 but sometimes like to buy smaller sizes because I like a tighter fit, it’s the same thing as people buying oversized. Plus size women need to stop trying to police what size clothes people buy with their own hard earned money and shaming people for up cycling them. If finding clothes was such a massive issue why not just lose weight instead of telling people ‘oh you can’t buy this its for plus size women only’

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Just been reading through this thread & it’s nice to know other people feel the same about Grace as I do & it wasn’t just me being weird 🤣
I started following her years ago on YouTube, being mixed race it was hard to find other mixed race Youtubers so it was refreshing to find one. Slowly over time though I found her more & more unrelatable. She comes across as so rude and patronising, she’s flashy and stuck up, she seems to fall out with ALL of her friends (surely they can’t always be the problem) and I just don’t find her likeable at all. When she started with all this womb health & healing stuff after her book and talking about her trauma I found her page quite draining. To the point I unfollowed and blocked her because I didn’t want to see her on my feed. Last I saw she was a size 24, no problem with that at all if she’s leading this ‘healthy’ lifestyle that she portrays but I can’t help but feel it’s all lies. I can’t stand plus size influencers who pretend they only eat plant based natural meals all day every day, Emma Tamsin & Callie Thorpe do this all the time. Its just made me disillusioned with the whole plus size community...I feel like they all end up going the same way and there are hardly any real, positive, plus sized people to follow anymore.

Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but that is not a valid point AT ALL. I’m a size 16/18 but sometimes like to buy smaller sizes because I like a tighter fit, it’s the same thing as people buying oversized. Plus size women need to stop trying to police what size clothes people buy with their own hard earned money and shaming people for up cycling them. If finding clothes was such a massive issue why not just lose weight instead of telling people ‘oh you can’t buy this its for plus size women only’
I have to agree! “Depriving plus size women of clothing on Depop” is such a first world problem!

Reactions: 6
This 🙌

If finding the right sized clothes is such an issue for her she should try making her own or order made to measure pieces. Buying off the shelf isn't the only way to clothe yourself.

If finding the right sized clothes is such an issue for her she should try making her own or order made to measure pieces. Buying off the shelf isn't the only way to clothe yourself.
That reminds me, she did used to get clothes made for her. I’m not saying she should have to but I wonder what happened with that?

Reactions: 1
That reminds me, she did used to get clothes made for her. I’m not saying she should have to but I wonder what happened with that?
Oh I didn't realise that. I'm just thinking in context of fashion, we are so used to just buying off the shelf but our grandparents' generation would make their own clothes or have tailors make them to suit individual needs. I'm conscious of it because have recently got into making my own skirts. I know not everyone has the time and means to do so but policing who is allowed to buy certain sizes is just a bit wrong.

Someone on the Hannah Gale thread made a good point.

Hannah Gale is an influencer who has been called out this week for using a racial slur in a blog post. This was pointed out to her numerous times over the last few weeks but she went on a spree of deleting comments and left the blog post up for all to see until her fellow white influencers all called her out on it, publicly on twitter and instagram in the wake of BLM. She has since posted an apology and been silent on social media, which influencers continue to call her out on.

Grace, who is normally very quick to call people out on racism, has not commented and still follows Hannah on instagram and twitter!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Someone on the Hannah Gale thread made a good point.

Hannah Gale is an influencer who has been called out this week for using a racial slur in a blog post. This was pointed out to her numerous times over the last few weeks but she went on a spree of deleting comments and left the blog post up for all to see until her fellow white influencers all called her out on it, publicly on twitter and instagram in the wake of BLM. She has since posted an apology and been silent on social media, which influencers continue to call her out on.

Grace, who is normally very quick to call people out on racism, has not commented and still follows Hannah on instagram and twitter!
Whoa does she have a thread?!

Being a size 16/18 and buying smaller sizes is clearly not the same as a size 10 girl buying a size 20 t shirt to cut up and turn into a dress, for example. Plus size women already have a hard time finding clothes that do not resemble flowery tents, so it’s not really fair for slimmer girls to buy bigger clothes just to cut them up. It’s different if they’re buying them to wear as oversized, as the item is staying as its original size.

Are you being deliberately dense? You can’t tell plus sized women to just lose weight if they’re not happy with the range of clothes on offer. There is such a thing as inclusivity. Even if a larger woman did decide to try and lose weight so that she could have more clothing options, what is she supposed to do in the meantime - just walk around naked? You’re a 16/18 which is plus sized for many retailers, so maybe have a bit more respect.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Is it me or do these sisters benefit from being ill or traumatised?

One miller being obese for years and now the other is getting BBC sponsors for having MS.

Though the younger sister is actually ill and in a way I do think it’s good she’s talking about it.

But it’s something I’ve just realised.

Reactions: 7

One miller being obese for years and now the other is getting BBC sponsors for having MS.

Though the younger sister is actually ill and in a way I do think it’s good she’s talking about it.

Grace can’t manage to say a single sentence without mentioning the word “trauma”

lol. Sure.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Anything for attention...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.