Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a size 14 and her thighs are the width of my whole body. There’s not a chance in hell shes a size 20. If she’s so body positive then why does she lie so much about it all?! She clearly hates herself
I’m the same. I’m the same size as Grace was when she first started her channel. She’s deleted her old videos but back when she was small before the Simon / gain era.

It absolutely shocks me how someone can let themselves get that way. Grace reminds me a lot of that obese American youtuber named Amberlynn Reid. She’s almost 600lbs and does all these weird yo yo diets and lies to her audience that she’s losing weight when she’s gaining. Lazy, only in it for the money. Uses her girlfriend and has made her, her own glorified carer. Her roommates too. Grace is not far short the same.

Reactions: 3
Every woman reacts differently to pregnancy I guess. Some don’t mind the weight gain and are just happy to be having a baby, too excited to think and then others aren’t too pleased with the weight gain. I’m sure you will be fine, once your baby is here, you'll be a great mother. You have your health and you’re active, but Grace? She’s extremely lazy. If this woman was pregnant, she will bang on about it non stop. She goes on about grim topics enough. Can’t imagine what she’ll tell everyone if she was. Morning sickness and extra shitting probably. And she’ll eat herself not far to death more than she is now. It’ll be like Willy Wonkers chocolate factory for that poor kid. Not one green in sight coming down it’s umbilical cord!

No, what I’m saying is that within the natural or black hair community, I’ve noticed Influencers. Not all of them but majority seem to rise up when they have hair like Grace’s. I’ve not got internal hate and no problem with my own hair type.

But all I’m saying is that Grace probably would not be anywhere near as attractive or seen as attractive with an Afro. Her hair is more Eurocentric, it’s sadly a trophy for mixed or black women within the community because of the amount of them who fawn over having hair like this. Also hair companies too, for example, Nia The Light, that influencer would never have rose up to popularity if she had 4C hair. That’s a fact and that’s the sad reality of this. You can’t tell me you think Grace is actually attractive. And she knows it’s her only decent feature too aside from gloating about her fat rolls and giving out the whole I’m “a real woman” bollocks.

It’s however you interpret it I guess. She does do a lot of hairstyles but she knows for a fact that her hair is probably seen as “better”. Even more so than her sister’s, who has a different texture.

Samantha is known to have rooted issues. Honestly, I wish she would just say she dislikes being part black and move on at this point. It’s evident and obvious.

I think both of them get off at the fact that they’re mixed. One likes to look as white as possible over them having blue eyes and can cover up with a wig. The other doesn’t mind looking like Jabba the hut as long as her hair is a prize. Dislike both too. Never used to but now I do.

Think whatever you want of my comment but you can probably ask anyone on a black community forum and they’ll say her hair is the only thing she’s got.
Yeah, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

There's a difference between acknowledging who benefits from colourism, and actively accusing someone of believing they're superior. I'm mixed-race myself, so I know exactly what you mean although I don't agree when it comes to Grace.

Saying her hair is "all she's got" is akin to saying afro-hair is inferior. You have to believe that to say it. Hell no could you go on a site like Lipstick Alley and declare that, they'd eat you alive!

I think she's popular because initially she was the chubby outsider in a YouTube world full of beauties she was quite refreshing. Then somewhere after losing weight she seemed to topple off the edge along with her ego.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

There's a difference between acknowledging who benefits from colourism, and actively accusing someone of believing they're superior. I'm mixed-race myself, so I know exactly what you mean although I don't agree when it comes to Grace.

Saying her hair is "all she's got" is akin to saying afro-hair is inferior. You have to believe that to say it. Hell no could you go on a site like Lipstick Alley and declare that, they'd eat you alive!

I think she's popular because initially she was the chubby outsider in a YouTube world full of beauties she was quite refreshing. Then somewhere after losing weight she seemed to topple off the edge along with her ego.

Lipstick Alley or not you only have to go on the natural hair pages on Instagram and to see the hair type ratio of likes on someone with type 3 and type 4 to know there is a difference. It’s quite sickening.

But her hair is probably what stands out the most about her though. Can’t say it isn’t true because hair typing war is a thing. You only have to see Nia The Light. Nice enough girl and it’s good she’s got her own business but after watching her, can’t say she’s got much of a personality though. But her hair is what has brought her views and that’s how’s she’s paid for that salon. Let’s be realistic.

And yes, Grace was one of the first before Emma (I wanna be black) Tamsin. Now it’s gone out of proportion with the plus size community. Now it’s promoting a lazy way of life.

Reactions: 3
She’s a typical narcissist. And what’s with all this “womb healing” “womb energy” stuff it’s so embarrassing 😂 She’s saying she has issues with hormones, pains, etc and immediately says something like “that’s the universe destroying my energy”, no grace, the reason you have problems with your periods is because of how overweight you are! Stop avoiding responsibility! Weight massively impacts your cycle/hormones/basically the way your entire body functions, just like it would if you were massively underweight, it isn’t bleeping energy or the universe 😂
I remember when she was in her old flat and those baths with half the garden thrown in were integral for her 'womb healing', but she was more than happy to rent her new flat with only a shower and now they're not at all important anymore 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What happened with her and Asia/Lekenah??? Why did they fall out?? It was like I saw them on holiday and best mates one minute, then never saw them together again

YES!!!!!!! 100000000%!!!! Stop lying to yourself and everyone else that you’re eating this clean, plant-based diet 😂😂 It makes you look a total fool! I’m embarrassed for them when they do that because it’s quite clear that you’re not eating like that to get to a size 28/30, just admit it! Own it! And also stop lying about your size too!! “I bought these jeans in a size 20” no grace, no you didn’t. It’s embarrassing!
When she did the TALA sponsored/take over thing a few weeks back someone asked her what size she had and she said 16-18

Sure.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
When she did the TALA sponsored/take over thing a few weeks back someone asked her what size she had and she said 16-18

Sure.
WTAF. 16-18?! I am a 16-18 and I am absolutely no where near that size. I don’t understand why she would feel the need to lie. Think of all the people that subscribe to her who are her size or perhaps bigger, hearing tit like that and getting themselves into a state comparing theirs bodies to her. Whether she likes it or not she has a responsibility to her viewers. Those lies are so bleeping dangerous!!!!

Reactions: 11
WTAF. 16-18?! I am a 16-18 and I am absolutely no where near that size. I don’t understand why she would feel the need to lie. Think of all the people that subscribe to her who are her size or perhaps bigger, hearing tit like that and getting themselves into a state comparing theirs bodies to her. Whether she likes it or not she has a responsibility to her viewers. Those lies are so bleeping dangerous!!!!
Also surely from a brand point of view, the brand is not going to want women misordering sizes & having to handle loads of returns / exchanges? They should put an end to it too!

She’s delusional and dangerous. I really hope no one is listening to her for anything to do with health as she’ll be complicit in killing people if she’s telling them these awful heavy periods are normal and to reject modern medicine etc etc.

Reactions: 2

Sure.

I’m a size 14/16 in jeans. There’s absolutely no way she’s a 16. Not with that belly and them thighs. She’s huge! No bloody way. I’m 5’7 and Grace is the same height. Even looking at my own selfies, no way am I as big as her!

She’s absolutely nuts!

Reactions: 4
I’m a size 14/16 in jeans. There’s absolutely no way she’s a 16. Not with that belly and them thighs. She’s huge! No bloody way. I’m 5’7 and Grace is the same height. Even looking at my own selfies, no way am I as big as her!

She’s absolutely nuts!
This is exactly the issue. You’re looking at a selfie and comparing yourself to her figure. She is SO DANGEROUS because even though we know she’s chatting absolute breeze we still feel we have to compare! Imagine if you weren’t confident in yourself and tried to look up to her for confidence- you’d be a mess!

This is exactly the issue. You’re looking at a selfie and comparing yourself to her figure. She is SO DANGEROUS because even though we know she’s chatting absolute breeze we still feel we have to compare! Imagine if you weren’t confident in yourself and tried to look up to her for confidence- you’d be a mess!
honestly this is such a good point! I remember when she used to bang on about topshop Jamie jeans all the time and I had a friend who went to try on a pair in a size 14 (which Gracie was claiming to be at the time) and couldn’t get them past her ankles! And my friend was much slimmer than grace was too it really knocked her back. When you are an influencer you have a responsibility tbh your lies effect people.

• Wow
  • Sad
honestly this is such a good point! I remember when she used to bang on about topshop Jamie jeans all the time and I had a friend who went to try on a pair in a size 14 (which Gracie was claiming to be at the time) and couldn’t get them past her ankles! And my friend was much slimmer than grace was too it really knocked her back. When you are an influencer you have a responsibility tbh your lies effect people.
I think she’s often said how she doesn’t want to be responsible for people, have to give advise etc. But I’m sorry it’s tough tit. You make money off the back of your subscribers!

Reactions: 2
It’s so dangerous for young women and girls to see the bullshit she spouts, going to see a “womb healer” whatever the f that is, aka a charlatan. Health problems can be healed and fixed with crystals and burning sage like????? No???? So dangerous.
Yes, what is it with young ladies on Twitter and Instagram burning sage a lot these days? Are we supposed to be witches doing spells?

Reactions: 1

It IS scary.

Because I’ve recently been having my own issues and the last thing I need is some low flying blimp saying she’s smaller or the same size as me. I know I need to drop some weight and I will do myself eventually. But it doesn’t help because it can make you feel like - Christ I’m getting even bigger and to be that size that she is, to promote obesity isn’t healthy. I’m ashamed of my weight gain, to be honest. That’s just me though. I’ve no issue with other women who are confident being a 14/16 but anything above an 18 is concerning. I can’t sit there and say it’s healthy, it isn’t. It’s not wonderful at all. Being too big or small isn’t.

Also can I ask

What does her sister Char or whatever her name is, what does she do? Like I know she’s poorly. Surprisingly she does more than her sodding sister does who doesn’t have the disease she has.

But I don’t get what her job is? I know she’s trying to become a guru and get involved more with the natural hair community. I’m taking it that she’s on unemployment. But I don’t get what she does online?

I dunno it’s like both these sisters just sit there, talk about lewdness and try to make a show out of it all I guess. They’re both unwell. One physically and the other... both mentally and physically I guess. Jesus.

Reactions: 4
It IS scary.

Because I’ve recently been having my own issues and the last thing I need is some low flying blimp saying she’s smaller or the same size as me. I know I need to drop some weight and I will do myself eventually. But it doesn’t help because it can make you feel like - Christ I’m getting even bigger and to be that size that she is, to promote obesity isn’t healthy. I’m ashamed of my weight gain, to be honest. That’s just me though. I’ve no issue with other women who are confident being a 14/16 but anything above an 18 is concerning. I can’t sit there and say it’s healthy, it isn’t. It’s not wonderful at all. Being too big or small isn’t.

Also can I ask

What does her sister Char or whatever her name is, what does she do? Like I know she’s poorly. Surprisingly she does more than her sodding sister does who doesn’t have the disease she has.

But I don’t get what her job is? I know she’s trying to become a guru and get involved more with the natural hair community. I’m taking it that she’s on unemployment. But I don’t get what she does online?

I dunno it’s like both these sisters just sit there, talk about lewdness and try to make a show out of it all I guess. They’re both unwell. One physically and the other... both mentally and physically I guess. Jesus.
I hear you. I am all for women being confident and loving their bodies but being over a size 18, for most people, is not healthy. I say that because last year I was an 18-20 and I genuinely could feel my body starting to struggle and to fail me. Walking up stairs and being out of breath, walking to the shops and feeling tired, feeling drained and miserable all the time - it was bleeping exhausting. I HAD to make a change so I started exercising and making better food choices, I’m 1.5 stone lighter and down to a 16 and I feel so much better for it. I am not perfect, I drink too much, I still eat tit sometimes but I know that I’m in a way better position than where I was a year ago. I still have a way to go but being fitter and healthier far outweighs having to force confidence on myself. I have PCOS which does make it really hard to lose weight and I feel for people with medical conditions which prohibit them from being able to shed a excess weight because they shouldn’t be tarred with the same brush as people like Grace who are just bleeping lazy. If Grace didn’t have money I can guarantee you she would be bleeping miserable and trying everything to get healthier, but in her mind she doesn’t need to.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.