Grace Victory - UglyFaceOfTheSingleLife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s sad to see because she really was on an upwards trajectory at one point? I discovered her through that BBC orthorexia documentary where she was fantastic, like the right balance of funny and smart, off the back of that I’m SO surprised more TV work didn’t follow?! Then she had the book, a YouTube channel that was half decent, etc etc.

Now it feels like all she does is sit in that tiny flat and open ASOS packages and post couple goals videos on YouTube? How bleak.

Without fat shaming here but the unsuccessful era is also where her body has changed significantly. Any huge deviations from normal (gains or losses) signify quite a change in mental well being imo and I worry that she’s just slipped into a depressive comatose state of existence. She needs to find some of that old drive again rather than chatting tit on Twitter :/!

Reactions: 2
Never posted on here before but one of her videos just came up as a suggestion and WOW she has put on so much weight since I last watched.
While she has always been a ‘bigger’ girl it is clear she is now in the obese/ morbidly obese category now.
I can’t understand why no one around her is urging her to lose weight??? While it’s all well and good being body confident WE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE OBESE. Obesity is a result of nothing but over eating and not moving enough. Her health must really be shocking. Sorry to be harsh and I hate how people have to be like “oh im not fat shaming” but that is what she is, and to me it’s a disgrace that people her size promote being that way. It quite simply is bad for your health.
There’s nothing but uproar about size 0 models and celebrities yet why are obese people allowed to promote being so big? What’s with the double standards

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Never posted on here before but one of her videos just came up as a suggestion and WOW she has put on so much weight since I last watched.
While she has always been a ‘bigger’ girl it is clear she is now in the obese/ morbidly obese category now.
I can’t understand why no one around her is urging her to lose weight??? While it’s all well and good being body confident WE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE OBESE. Obesity is a result of nothing but over eating and not moving enough. Her health must really be shocking. Sorry to be harsh and I hate how people have to be like “oh im not fat shaming” but that is what she is, and to me it’s a disgrace that people her size promote being that way. It quite simply is bad for your health.
There’s nothing but uproar about size 0 models and celebrities yet why are obese people allowed to promote being so big? What’s with the double standards
She was technically obese before, I think the term they would use now is 'Super Morbidly Obese' (BMI over 50) and she is pretty much a walking heart attack, no two ways about it.

Some of us are naturally not far off a (US) 0 and it can be really demoralising, actually. You aren't allowed to moan about being skinny with no boobs because it's the 'ideal' but the number of times I've put on an XS and wanted to cry because it's too big and I look like a child playing dress up... plenty of stores don't even cater to me at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Tbh I agree but will caveat it with this: on the WHOLE I think larger women (14+) can come under a lot of criticism for lifestyle & diet that are undue and fatphobia dressed up as “concerns for your health”. I personally believe that provided you eat ur fruit and veg, move enough, and live a productive and happy life your health is probably fine... however, as with everything this is to a point which I’ll get to! There’s also tons of scientific studies about how bad dieting (esp yo yo dieting) is for you & how it doesn’t ever work long term, I think we should all find peace in whatever size we naturally skew to and make the healthiest choices for us & our lifestyles (eg we can’t all do gynweth Paltrow vegan raw diets some of have jobs init). I know the fat acceptance / body neutrality / whatever it’s called now political cohort will kill me for this but I do tend to think that line is a size 18...

It’s clear Grace does nothing with her day. She’s not even got to wake up & commute which expends some energy. She doesn’t have a job where she’s gotta walk about and use mental energy (which is important too!). I think this has left her unmotivated too so she wouldn’t think to incorporate exercise into that day of barely doing anything? It’s that saying about if you want something done ask a busy woman to do it, Grace can’t even endure a period without sleeping through the week because she’s allowed herself to become so pampered in laziness. The rest of us have to toughen up and get on with our day else we don’t get bleeping paid!

When you start getting to the point where you’re breathless etc doing an insta story there’s clearly a problem with your health. I think there are a few plus bloggers that fall into this bucket tbh because their “job” has facilitated a really sedentary isolated lifestyle and few of them have made sure to work against it to keep themselves healthy & sane. They are bad examples and their lifestyles make for uncomfortable viewing especially during lockdown, but also they’re safeguarded from criticism because it is such a political subject and you will get shouted down for it.

An essay sorry but funny how they choose which parts of extreme fat liberation they abide by, they’ll be the first to quote a bit of literature at you but will also be paying their rent with brand sponcon where said brand hasn’t made their plus range fully inclusive not features bigger models 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Tbh I agree but will caveat it with this: on the WHOLE I think larger women (14+) can come under a lot of criticism for lifestyle & diet that are undue and fatphobia dressed up as “concerns for your health”. I personally believe that provided you eat ur fruit and veg, move enough, and live a productive and happy life your health is probably fine... however, as with everything this is to a point which I’ll get to! There’s also tons of scientific studies about how bad dieting (esp yo yo dieting) is for you & how it doesn’t ever work long term, I think we should all find peace in whatever size we naturally skew to and make the healthiest choices for us & our lifestyles (eg we can’t all do gynweth Paltrow vegan raw diets some of have jobs init). I know the fat acceptance / body neutrality / whatever it’s called now political cohort will kill me for this but I do tend to think that line is a size 18...

It’s clear Grace does nothing with her day. She’s not even got to wake up & commute which expends some energy. She doesn’t have a job where she’s gotta walk about and use mental energy (which is important too!). I think this has left her unmotivated too so she wouldn’t think to incorporate exercise into that day of barely doing anything? It’s that saying about if you want something done ask a busy woman to do it, Grace can’t even endure a period without sleeping through the week because she’s allowed herself to become so pampered in laziness. The rest of us have to toughen up and get on with our day else we don’t get bleeping paid!

When you start getting to the point where you’re breathless etc doing an insta story there’s clearly a problem with your health. I think there are a few plus bloggers that fall into this bucket tbh because their “job” has facilitated a really sedentary isolated lifestyle and few of them have made sure to work against it to keep themselves healthy & sane. They are bad examples and their lifestyles make for uncomfortable viewing especially during lockdown, but also they’re safeguarded from criticism because it is such a political subject and you will get shouted down for it.

An essay sorry but funny how they choose which parts of extreme fat liberation they abide by, they’ll be the first to quote a bit of literature at you but will also be paying their rent with brand sponcon where said brand hasn’t made their plus range fully inclusive not features bigger models 🤷🏻‍♀️
This post is bleeping ace.

• Heart
Sorry this ain’t about grace but Is about ‘Asia’ as I’m not sure if she has a thread. She opened up recently about how she has been hiding herself through her pregnancy due to putting on a large amount of weight and binge eating etc however has lost some weight in the last few weeks. Well her other half has just uploaded this to IG and her comment is at the bottom from her respost. Am I the only one who see’s this as really insensitive when his fiancée has been binge eating, struggling with drastic weight gain and opening up about the mental struggles she has had with her weight and body image. I disagree with his comment that everyone that claps on Thursday is a hypocrite as like his fiancée has pointed out this is a very real battle for many people and isn’t an easy choice like he is making it out to be!

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Sorry this ain’t about grace but Is about ‘Asia’ as I’m not sure if she has a thread. She opened up recently about how she has been hiding herself through her pregnancy due to putting on a large amount of weight and binge eating etc however has lost some weight in the last few weeks. Well her other half has just uploaded this to IG and her comment is at the bottom from her respost. Am I the only one who see’s this as really insensitive when his fiancée has been binge eating, struggling with drastic weight gain and opening up about the mental struggles she has had with her weight and body image. I disagree with his comment that everyone that claps on Thursday is a hypocrite as like his fiancée has pointed out this is a very real battle for many people and isn’t an easy choice like he is making it out to be!
Yes very strange considering Asia’s struggles. Wonder what she thought about that? Kinda seems douchey to me, like most people atm are going to be thinking about diet and exercise while people are dying and losing their jobs and livelihood!

Energy attaches to our hair? That's why we should get frequent trims? Eh????

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I remember there was a video with Asia and her partner, probably a Q and A, and Asia mentioned that he didn’t understand why people are overweight and the struggles that people face. He was very much under the impression that if you’re fat, you must be lazy and it’s as simple as that. Asia said that since meeting her, he’d come to understand that it’s not always so black and white and there are implied that there are sometimes mental health problems associated. I imagine it was in reference to overeating and binge eating. Anyway, he agreed he’d perhaps judged too harshly. I remember watching that video and thinking I could never date someone like him because if I ever put back on weight after losing it, I’d feel awful and like he was disgusted with me.

Reactions: 4
And now promoting the naps to recover from such a stressful busy life🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did anyone see her tweets where she said she has had a full health checkup and her body is perfectly healthy? And then slagged off doctors and said they only get 1-2 months training in nutrition. What does she know about nutrition she is obese and all of her tweets are about the unhealthy food and snacks she is eating...

Reactions: 8
Did anyone see her tweets where she said she has had a full health checkup and her body is perfectly healthy? And then slagged off doctors and said they only get 1-2 months training in nutrition. What does she know about nutrition she is obese and all of her tweets are about the unhealthy food and snacks she is eating...
Just took a look - can’t find the clinic she named but I’m assuming she meant this one in Twickenham? Their offering doesn’t reconcile with the tests she said she received

I’ve been seriously unwell in my life & my experiences have been that no medical professional can just tick or cross a box on health or sickness, it’s not that clean cut. Getting the scans needed to say everything (abdomen, uterus, brain, nervous system, etc) is okay would take bleeping days? We have private healthcare and I’ve always been underwhelmed at the health MOTs they offer as they’re nothing and certainly don’t offer scans or a range of blood tests (especially not for cancers! Maybe finger prick tests...), doesn’t look like this clinic does either 😂

Just took a look - can’t find the clinic she named but I’m assuming she meant this one in Twickenham? Their offering doesn’t reconcile with the tests she said she received

I’ve been seriously unwell in my life & my experiences have been that no medical professional can just tick or cross a box on health or sickness, it’s not that clean cut. Getting the scans needed to say everything (abdomen, uterus, brain, nervous system, etc) is okay would take bleeping days? We have private healthcare and I’ve always been underwhelmed at the health MOTs they offer as they’re nothing and certainly don’t offer scans or a range of blood tests (especially not for cancers! Maybe finger prick tests...), doesn’t look like this clinic does either 😂

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I would be very surprised if she doesn't have high blood pressure or raised glucose levels. Also I'm sure she would have some online access to them so if this is true why not screenshot your results and share them rather than just writing 'my liver is perfect'

Reactions: 3
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I would be very surprised if she doesn't have high blood pressure or raised glucose levels. Also I'm sure she would have some online access to them so if this is true why not screenshot your results and share them rather than just writing 'my liver is perfect'
The thing is from my experiences, there is no one scan, or combination of scans, that can instantly sign your organs off as being fine. This was a shock to me too, I thought science was very binary: it's cancer/it's not, you're fine/you're ill, it's really such a grey area and you don't realise it until you're unwell and they can't tell you what is going on. I had tumours amongst mine & they were huge but it still took a multi disciplinary board of (leading, thank god for the NHS) cancer and ob gyn surgeons to debate what they thought it was, it required opening me up & taking all my abdominal organs out to check it hadn't spread into those organs. It took weeks and 2/3 iterations of my diagnosis to confirm the type of cancer that it was. I'm amazed that she's managed to get a scan that just ticks this all off?

Even now I'm doing well, I get my CT/Ultrasounds/MRIs it takes a board of consultants and a *range of tests* to say okay no further investigation needed for now. I get checked every 3 months for the next 15 years because you can't just say yeah you're fine hun x once and that's it?! Re: liver function, a friend has serious liver problems and he goes for that camera down your throat to check his liver function MONTHLY... Like this health check sounds like it's been sold to her by snake oil salesmen I do hope she's still using the relevant health services too where required as they are truly fabulous. I think she's a danger to women's health spreading misinformation like this, I don't care about her size I care about her perpetuating healthcare myths!

• Sad
I’m pretty sure she rang into this morning today? On the segment where people can phone in about their problems. It said the name Sarah but it sounded EXACTLY like her and ‘Sarah’ mentioned she was a social media influencer and her problem that she needs a break from having to be there for a friend all the time and it was draining her and she just wanted time to do things like watch a film 🧐 sounds like something she would say too

• Wow
Reactions: 13
That latest vlog, christ she’s lazy! And I know it’s horrible but I can’t stand the way she talks.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.