Grace Victory #8 Has the entire village raise her child, while she sits on the couch waiting takeaway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair part of working in paediatrics is parental support too and if you have a nearly newborn parent whose young baby is quite sick and they are visibly upset,I would absolutely make them a brew and reassure them. Grace can be problematic but having a sick tiny babe in hospital is hard. One parent only can stay overnight in most cases so they do get upset and stressed.

She obviously not having the magical time she thought she missed out on.
Absolutely agree with you and in no way was I trying to say that health professionals such a nurses shouldn't look after the parents. What I meant was why there was the need to say that about herself? She could have not mentioned that and kept that personal. As it does sound like a precious moment.

It's the putting herself into the narrative that she must be 'saved' by everyone even in a child's most vulnerable circumstances. She could have easily just have said that the nurses are taking great care of babygirl and mama too.

That's what makes me feel annoyed. It's always HER needs that outweigh talking about others.

I totally disagree with these "influencers" using their kids for content, but it comes across as what her child is doing for/to her, rather than the baby herself. It must be extremely stressful and a scary time I certainly don't dismiss that fact. But instead of addressing that and using it to address newborn care, she turns it to needing herself to be "saved". It comes across as very selfish.

Reactions: 22
He will probably has RSV if baby has it. It’s basically a cold for most adults. It’s rife at this time of year. I work in Paeds and most seem to have that or actual flu at the moment.

Hope baby gets well soon it can be really difficult for a few days.
It's also bronchiolitis time and it's strong this year apparently.

Edit : It's what you call RSV (the RSV provokes the bronchiolitis). Sorry, ignore me 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I feel sympathy for her and wish her baby a speedy recovery but also I feel like she has a distorted view of parenthood

Reactions: 16
Her latest story....mentioning she wants chippy chips whilst talking about her unwell kids...always mentioning food.

Reactions: 12
That latest post sounds very single parent?!
I thought the same thing. At least a sly dig at Lee? Mentioning her mum is always ALWAYS there. I mean who knows, Lee might have a pre-scheduled work trip or something but super passive aggressive even if so. I assumed the reason he hadn't been mentioned was that he was at home with C. Apparently not.

Reactions: 15
I thought the same thing. At least a sly dig at Lee? Mentioning her mum is always ALWAYS there. I mean who knows, Lee might have a pre-scheduled work trip or something but super passive aggressive even if so. I assumed the reason he hadn't been mentioned was that he was at home with C. Apparently not.
wasn’t he just moaning about looking after Cyprus while sick?

she’s very lucky she can ship the toddler off to focus on just one poorly baba.

Reactions: 10
Also I wonder if Cyprus wanted his nanny as you know how babies can get when they are ill...they cling on to their mums and want cuddles. Seeing as he appears to be mostly with Grace's mum!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Really feeling for her this week to be honest, even if she is an hole. Looks like her relationship and her dreams about a perfect second birth have come tumbling down. It’s no surprise she’s found K’s RSV triggering when she rushed straight from a Covid coma into masquerading a perfect family life instead of dealing with her tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Really feeling for her this week to be honest, even if she is an hole. Looks like her relationship and her dreams about a perfect second birth have come tumbling down. It’s no surprise she’s found K’s RSV triggering when she rushed straight from a Covid coma into masquerading a perfect family life instead of dealing with her tit.
same. She’s a whopper but I can’t imagine what it’s like to watch your little baby get admitted and need oxygen after what she went through.First trimester especially highlights any cracks or weak spots in your relationship and it’s hard even for the most solid of relationships - you find out real quick about default parenting and the resentment can be massive - I exoect it’s even bigger for someone like Grace who has always put her needs first to see someone else be able to then do it easier than her.

Reactions: 14
No lee at all in that monthly photo dump, glaringly obvious seeing as it was kamikos literal first month so I would have expected lots of family shots etc. Will they make it to christmas even?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Even if there is something going on between them I don’t think she’s gonna openly admit it. She’s so obsessed with this twin soulmate thing she’s not gonna say she failed and this relationship didn’t work out.
Yeah she’s giving some weird hints here and there with could possibly indicate some trouble but no, I think she’s just gonna keep pretending everything is fine.

Is there any service she uses that isn’t #gifted ? Also surprised to see that it’s a rental they’re living in, I just assumed she owned their current accommodation (not that there is anything wrong with renting).

Reactions: 7
And as much I dislike Grace, those postnatal feelings are no joke and I feel and understand her in this, I do. Even the resentment towards Lee.
For me the first 3 months was hell, I hated every second of it and genuinely thought I made a biggest mistake in my life. And I had and still have no bloody village.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Is there any service she uses that isn’t #gifted ? Also surprised to see that it’s a rental they’re living in, I just assumed she owned their current accommodation (not that there is anything wrong with renting).
I’ve always thought it was a shame that she prioritised spending money on absolute rubbish but never saved up to buy a place of her own. Especially with two babies now. I’m completely aware that renting is a necessity for many people (me included) but she’s clearly earned alot of money over the past few years and doesn’t really have much to show for it? Sorry if that seems harsh but it’s just how I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And as much I dislike Grace, those postnatal feelings are no joke and I feel and understand her in this, I do. Even the resentment towards Lee.
For me the first 3 months was hell, I hated every second of it and genuinely thought I made a biggest mistake in my life. And I had and still have no bloody village.
Solidarity ❤ this really resonated with my experience too so sending love, this thread makes me wonder if this still a scarcely spoken about taboo. It’s either ridiculous earth mama content or trash “scummy mummy” content like Victoria Emes which is just shite and doesn’t speak to the actual issues of early motherhood. It’s hard and traumatising and sending love to anyone struggling with it now or then x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is it surprising? Most of the people I know who work in the City in professional jobs are still renting through to their early 30s to save the deposit, stamp duty and other costs. Buying in London is no joke, average deposits are in the six figures even for small places.

Agree with others, I do feel for her. Postpartum is hard and she's really going through it. I think she had a second child for completely the wrong reasons and went into this very naively. I can understand why she did it though. Tough to watch her content at the moment

Reactions: 13
Is it surprising? Most of the people I know who work in the City in professional jobs are still renting through to their early 30s to save the deposit, stamp duty and other costs. Buying in London is no joke, average deposits are in the six figures even for small places.
Yeah I agree, we are having to move to the midlands for anything remotely affordable.
A 2/3 bed house here would cost us (if we could afford it 😂) at the absolute least 650k, or slightly cheaper but for one that needs 100k worth of work doing.
As much as I imagine Grace has thrown a lot of money away on things like takeaways I can't imagine they have that much disposable income as most of their things seem gifted. Although Cyprus does go to nursery and that isn't cheap either but maybe that's her prioritising him over something else.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.