Grace Victory #8 Has the entire village raise her child, while she sits on the couch waiting takeaway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to feel sorry for her. But I don’t. Postpartum is rough. There’s absolutely no denying that, but she had her second baby to heal her. There’s been no healing so now what’s she going to do? She took nothing into account- the fact she could barely manage Cy, how much she already relied on her mother, her tenuous relationship with Lee, and her idea was “I want this baby to fix me” - it’s never about her children, ever. As usual it’s about Grace and Grace’s experience.

Reactions: 29
I'm not great at interpreting them but her company accounts show £95k in reserves for 2020. Again not an expert but she'd pay tax on that if she took it out of the company but it's a decent chunk.
Screenshot_20221123-191434.png

She's definitely having a tough old time though. And I feel for her even if this situation is mostly of her own making (Lee leaving, if he's left would not have been factored into her plans, I'm sure)

Reactions: 9
Maybe having another baby was just a bad idea. Im
Sorry if her baby is Poorly and in hospital but honestly instagram is responsible for all these influencers ( don’t influence me ) having a baby for money
My daughter has a successful cleaning business and is the perfect fit for a lot if these cleaning products companies and could make money just staying at l
I’ve always thought it was a shame that she prioritised spending money on absolute rubbish but never saved up to buy a place of her own. Especially with two babies now. I’m completely aware that renting is a necessity for many people (me included) but she’s clearly earned alot of money over the past few years and doesn’t really have much to show for it? Sorry if that seems harsh but it’s just how I feel.
She's eaten all her money - literally. She's spent thousands on takeaways. What a wasted opportunity.

She won't be doing this Insta tit in 10 years time, that's for sure

Reactions: 8
Is it surprising? Most of the people I know who work in the City in professional jobs are still renting through to their early 30s to save the deposit, stamp duty and other costs. Buying in London is no joke, average deposits are in the six figures even for small places.
It’s surprising because I’ve seen less popular influencers manage to buy their own place on their own let alone with a partners income too. She’s been in the game long enough. Persian babe who was a relatively minor influencer and was working as a pharmacist managed it years ago.

Reactions: 12
was working as a pharmacist
According to indeed that’s a £46k per annum salary on top of ad hoc influencing work, so a very different financial position to Grace.

But your point still stands - Grace gets so little paid work (as opposed to freebies) that she could have a normal PAYE job and influencing and be in a significantly better financial situation. Pre children, obvs.

She’s just in an extremely precarious situation now imo. Her and Lee are fragile from what it seems, she has two young children and not much stability, along with her influencing seeming to be dying down I struggle to have sympathy because she is so unlikeable but I do hope she gets back on her feet so she and her children can have a secure future.

Reactions: 9
It’s surprising because I’ve seen less popular influencers manage to buy their own place on their own let alone with a partners income too. She’s been in the game long enough. Persian babe who was a relatively minor influencer and was working as a pharmacist managed it years ago.
I don't know much about her but a quick search of her thread suggests she bought at 23, which is not normal for the South East without some form of help (generally parental, either in the form of a gifted deposit or free accommodation). The bank of mum and dad is still a big factor in most young people getting on the ladder. If you don't have that or don't want to use the help then it's a much longer journey.

Her social media work supplemented a decent salary. Looking back though I think she might have done it through a scheme because she got a new build off plan and the majority aren't sold at full price.

Even if she didn't, it's still an achievement because most people do more with less if they put their mind to it.

Sammi who was more successful than Grace and for longer is still renting.

Reactions: 4
Is it surprising? Most of the people I know who work in the City in professional jobs are still renting through to their early 30s to save the deposit, stamp duty and other costs. Buying in London is no joke, average deposits are in the six figures even for small places.
if grace has the disposable income to send C to nursery, factoring in the amount she spends on fast food, lee has an actual job, the amount she would’ve been paid post coma interviews too I 100% think she could’ve afforded to buy by now.

Reactions: 13
Her social media work supplemented a decent salary. Looking back though I think she might have done it through a scheme because she got a new build off plan and the majority aren't sold at full price.

Even if she didn't, it's still an achievement because most people do more with less if they put their mind to it.

Sammi who was more successful than Grace and for longer is still renting.
Fair enough. I wasn’t really thinking so much now, I just thought she would have managed before she had two kids and Lee. She had enough disposable income back then to do it. She’s been doing #ad or #gifted for so long and so often I figured all that money would have been enough for a deposit.

Reactions: 7
She could have easily bought years ago but she did say she was rubbish with money and from watching her it's clear she just
didn't prioritise it. There was talk a few years ago of buying and Lee wanted them to buy a house BEFORE having kids but as usual she was
basically bullying him into having kids first.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Sorry but people defending grace for not buying a home is ridiculous. Stop comparing her to the average person when at her peak she wasn’t on an average person salary. At one point she was raking in views and deals, she just has poor financial literacy, same as Sammi beauty crush who is also still renting, they’ve been in the industry for 10+ years.

I don’t blame them as they are both from working class backgrounds and financial literacy is really poor within those groups esp black working class group. But to say she couldn’t is a joke, at one point she was doing regular tv work, she could’ve saved £50k with her eyes closed.

she’s paying the price now and probably earns a few grand a month and probably not much more than a corporate senior role.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Grace has always lived beyond her means like she was a celebrity. She had a full time job in a care home and was a successful YouTuber with countless brand deals at the height of her career and was living at home with her mum. If she was savy, she could have bought. Perhaps not quite in the SW London area she wanted but she could have. She has spunked all that money away on all inclusive holidays to try and keep men that didn't want her, on deliveroo takeaways because she was too lazy to get off the sofa and go outside and flash cars on PCP. Remember, this is the girl that at one point wouldn't "get out of bed for less than £5k" ........

Reactions: 20
Fair enough. I wasn’t really thinking so much now, I just thought she would have managed before she had two kids and Lee. She had enough disposable income back then to do it. She’s been doing #ad or #gifted for so long and so often I figured all that money would have been enough for a deposit.
Oh no, I was agreeing. Which is why I compared her to Sammi who was making way more money at her peak yet is still renting. And also why I said others manage to do more with less, i.e many people on average incomes do everything in their power to become home owners.

Thepersianbabe did the smart thing and her pharmacy job helped either with raising a deposit or getting a mortgage because it's harder for self employed people.

But I'd be embarrassed to be in a job where I could take one picture, see ££££s in my account and have nothing to show for it.

Like it can't get any easier, even for a low level influencer. People in normal jobs have to work hours/days before they've even made a few hundred.

Reactions: 10
Grace has always lived beyond her means like she was a celebrity. She had a full time job in a care home and was a successful YouTuber with countless brand deals at the height of her career and was living at home with her mum. If she was savy, she could have bought. Perhaps not quite in the SW London area she wanted but she could have. She has spunked all that money away on all inclusive holidays to try and keep men that didn't want her, on deliveroo takeaways because she was too lazy to get off the sofa and go outside and flash cars on PCP. Remember, this is the girl that at one point wouldn't "get out of bed for less than £5k" ........
See this is where I think her bullshit has come back to haunt her! Mel originally said that and Grace nodded along like a moron, but Grace’s companies house has never looked anything like Mel’s - Mel has styled for the Met Gala and has a Sunday Times profile this week? Grace isn’t remotely in the same league.

Idk this is totally subjective btw so not suggesting anyone’s wrong and I’m right but I just struggle to see how she’s wasted any hypothetical riches. She’s undoubtedly had some good career years like the presenter work, the book, but outside of that…? 😬 Plus on top how plus size and BAME influencers have reported getting booked less frequently and getting paid less than white counterparts. But hey, maybe big frozen fishTM is where the riches are

Her lifestyle doesn’t strike me as anything above an office junior’s salary of 30/40k, like she’s always rented bedsits in zone 9? I’ve not been able to watch her YouTube content since she was breathless doing that tour guide around a bedsit so pls correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve never seen her live extravagantly either - her hauls were all gifts from brands notorious for gifting, she never want abroad, she never ate at nice restaurants, no nice mini breaks. Like to me it feels more probable that she’s just never earnt that much in the first place rather than wasting it all?

Like the above doesn’t flag the huge privilege it is to have minimal output work available to her that’s flexible with SAHM parenting. But she’s only in a financial position to pay for half a day’s nursery a week, like I think she’s more likely to be claiming top up benefits now than buying a property.

Reactions: 2
Remember, this is the girl that at one point wouldn't "get out of bed for less than £5k" ........
She said £500 but point still stands. That was before influencers were making mega bucks from a single social media post so £500 for one job was quite good. Especially with her following.

And way more than what the average person gets out of bed each day for!

All that uppity attitude and nothing to show for it.

Reactions: 3
I suspect anyone suggesting Grace could have easily bought has never actually bought a house in London whilst also living independently in London and in Grace's case, with the added complication of being self-employed.

Her lifestyle doesn’t strike me as anything above an office junior’s salary of 30/40k, like she’s always rented bedsits in zone 9? I’ve not been able to watch her YouTube content since she was breathless doing that tour guide around a bedsit so pls correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve never seen her live extravagantly either - her hauls were all gifts from brands notorious for gifting, she never want abroad, she never ate at nice restaurants, no nice mini breaks. Like to me it feels more probable that she’s just never earnt that much in the first place rather than wasting it all?
I think her non fancy life has more to do with her as a person. She was going on multiple all inclusive holidays a year, at least two, driving a nice car and spending hundreds on ASOS and MAC hauls at a time.

She spent way more than someone who was earning £30/40k so whether she was on that much or not, her expenses didn't reflect that and could have gone towards more meaningful things.

If anything, more fool her for being on a humble but still decent income yet living like a socialite.

I suspect anyone suggesting Grace could have easily bought has never actually bought a house in London whilst also living independently in London and in Grace's case, with the added complication of being self-employed.
She's from High Wycombe and if I remember correctly, has only lived in one or two London flats.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think her non fancy life has more to do with her as a person. She was going on multiple all inclusive holidays a year, at least two, driving a nice car and spending hundreds on ASOS and MAC hauls at a time.

She spent way more than someone who was earning £30/40k so whether she was on that much or not, her expenses didn't reflect that and could have gone towards more meaningful things.

If anything, more fool her for being on a humble but still decent income yet living like a socialite.

She's from High Wycombe and if I remember correctly, has only lived in one or two London flats.
Thank you for this - there’s a huge patch in my Grace knowledge purely cos I can’t listen to throat breathing recreationally 😂❤

ASOS used to gift influencers gift cards for YouTube content especially so I doubt she ever paid for any of that, I can vaguely remember the holidays but nothing that struck me as opulent.

It’s interesting as she’s of the old gen of influencers who started out on the blogs and lots of them have failed to properly monetise their audiences or adapt to new channels/micro or video content creation so are now living quite sad lives whereas the new gen are buying flats and jetting off around the world. Grace has always struck me more as an underachiever rather than someone who earns a lot but wastes it? But again, this is totally subjective! I just can’t imagine many of the new gworlz earning well stooping as low as to promote frozen fish. ASOS don’t even do aff links anymore and I’m assuming have massively curtailed influencer spend too, she’s now at the mercy of fast fash brands many of which are in tough times. Idk, as someone else said it’ll be interesting to see where she is in 10 years!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.