Grace Victory #8 Has the entire village raise her child, while she sits on the couch waiting takeaway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect anyone suggesting Grace could have easily bought has never actually bought a house in London whilst also living independently in London and in Grace's case, with the added complication of being self-employed.
I live in London and have bought a place here. But Grace isn't in London she's in Berks and could easily have saved 50K for a deposit on a flat if she had wanted to. She's bad with money and greedy for food and big Jamaican holidays, and countless weekend trips away (which cost a fortune right now because of everyone staycationing).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
For a start...Persianbabe's family were pretty well off.

And also, people's obsessed with becoming home owners in the UK is so full on. For some people it's a huge priority - cool! For some people it's not - cool!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

And also, people's obsessed with becoming home owners in the UK is so full on. For some people it's a huge priority - cool! For some people it's not - cool!
Yeah Persianbabe definitely got help from her parents and also bought through a scheme. But more importantly she never paid rent and lived for free at home until she bought her flat

Reactions: 11

She’s literally spoken about buying a home in the past… stop projecting your personal opinions, when grace herself and even lee has said this

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
l

if it’s attainable for someone and they want that, it’s surprising that they wouldn’t have it. That’s all I was observing. I live in London and know it’s not attainable for the vast majority(including myself) but Grace has been doing this a long time so i’m just surprised she hasn’t done it. Persian babe may not have been the best example but I know Jess Ranger recently bought with her boyfriend who is a fireman and she’s only really active on Instagram as far as i’m aware. They have two children and we’re renting for awhile before buying as well. She may have had help but I do recall her talking about them saving for a deposit before she bought and how they budgeted etc.

Reactions: 4
l

if it’s attainable for someone and they want that, it’s surprising that they wouldn’t have it. That’s all I was observing. I live in London and know it’s not attainable for the vast majority(including myself) but Grace has been doing this a long time so i’m just surprised she hasn’t done it. Persian babe may not have been the best example but I know Jess Ranger recently bought with her boyfriend who is a fireman and she’s only really active on Instagram as far as i’m aware. They have two children and we’re renting for awhile before buying as well. She may have had help but I do recall her talking, and like you said we do tt about them saving for a deposit before she bought and how they budgeted etc.
Careful though. Those influencers aren't often honest about money, especially those who talk about debt and budgeting lol. And like you said, we don't know if they got help, from family for instance. They're quite discreet about that.

Sorry but people defending grace for not buying a home is ridiculous. Stop comparing her to the average person when at her peak she wasn’t on an average person salary. At one point she was raking in views and deals, she just has poor financial literacy, same as Sammi beauty crush who is also still renting, they’ve been in the industry for 10+ years.

I don’t blame them as they are both from working class backgrounds and financial literacy is really poor within those groups esp black working class group. But to say she couldn’t is a joke, at one point she was doing regular tv work, she could’ve saved £50k with her eyes closed.

she’s paying the price now and probably earns a few grand a month and probably not much more than a corporate senior role.

Esp black working class group? Both Sammi and Grace were raised by white mothers. I dont think race plays a part, class often does. try not to generalise races hun!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Absolutely babe. Yea Gracie/Sam couldve had the deposit but credit could have been tit lol, they could be waiting for things to drop off their file or have other plans, in the uk people shove house buying down your throat like child bearing on a woman, everyone’s diff gals and guys! Success is subjective.

• Heart
Absolutely babe. Yea Gracie/Sam couldve had the deposit but credit could have been tit lol, they could be waiting for things to drop off their file or have other plans, in the uk people shove house buying down your throat like child bearing on a woman, everyone’s diff gals and guys! Success is subjective.
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I’ll share it anyway as it is a topic close to my heart really. This place is for sharing our opinions and experiences so this might resonate with someone.

If you don’t have children and you aren’t fussed about buying property - that’s cool. As you say success is subjective and what one person wants out of life doesn’t have to be another’s. However, if you are actively making the choice that you want to bring children into the world in the future, and you have enough money for home ownership to be an option on the table, I think you should absolutely be prioritising to buy a property.

We can agree to disagree on this one, but Grace at one point absolutely had the choice to save for a deposit. Maybe she couldn’t have bought in her dream london postcode, but she absolutely could have saved up and bought somewhere outside of London or nearer her family in Bucks. Even if a flat or maisonette instead of a house. She would have had enough years of accounts to show as self employed and there definitely would have been a way.

Lee wanted to wait until they had a house before they had children, but she overruled him. It is clear from her companies house that she has earned more than minimum wage from her influencing in the past, so together with Lees job it is something that would have been a possibility.

I grew up in privately rented houses for my childhood and you cannot underestimate the lack of security that comes with that. Never having a constant place to call my own or feel settled in is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone. Maybe others had a better experience than me and I hope they did, but if I am actively choosing to bring children into the world then I want to be working towards a stable future for them. I’m currently saving up to buy a house with my partner near London, and the thought of being able to paint a wall or put down a new carpet, or decorate a nursery for when I have children is something that motivates me every day towards that goal. I want my children to be able to make memories in the same place and feel secure enough that their home belongs to them and nobody else. Because it’s something I never had.

Apologies for the early morning rant, but those defending graces choices have to remember it’s not just her anymore. She wastes so much money that she could be putting towards a stable future for Cyprus and Kamiko and I just don’t think it’s right.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Esp black working class group? Both Sammi and Grace were raised by white mothers. I dont think race plays a part, class often does. try not to generalise races hun!
I’ve studied this. But a quick google search makes for wonderful learning “hun”

black working class fathers are also most likely out of all races to be uninvolved or play small roles in their off springs lives, resulting in socioeconomic disadvantages as those children grow up in single parent households

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Just my two cents on the house thing- I’m the last year two of my friends have had their private rented houses sold from underneath them and have had to have the upheaval of moving themselves and multiple children to a new house. In one instance they’ve had to downsize and their children who had their own rooms have had to share now, so they’re already talking about moving again. They’re having to move in and out of areas and the kids are changing schools. Why wouldn’t you want to alleviate that if you could before you have kids? It’s not a home for life as much as you hope it is and I think if you are in a position to make a stable home before kids you should to their detriment. But of course Grace wanted so Grace got.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I was laughing to myself about the “sad beige clothes for sad beige children” instagram account because it’s grace’s aesthetic

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I figured her earnings weren’t stable enough for her to get a mortgage tbh. - she always had peaks and troughs and let’s face it, the social care job won’t have been big enough to steady it in the eyes of a lender. Influencers are always talking about how much they have to prove they have a solid income before getting a mortgage, alongside a larger deposit because they’re self employed. Her being lazy, in addition to having ideas of buying way outside her station (London) has probably led to her not being able to buy as much as spunking her money on holidays.

black working class fathers are also most likely out of all races to be uninvolved or play small roles in their off springs lives, resulting in socioeconomic disadvantages as those children grow up in single parent households
Oh girl bye lol. Do not dress up your racism with “education”. Im a band 8d in the NHS. I lead on various maternity/children and young people initiatives NATIONALLY. I live and breathe the application of demographic data. Ive learned a lot on the way up here. They may not own homes for various reasons, but saying its purely because they are black and their fathers are not involved is a derogatory comment. Its using something that is typically true to paint everyone with the same brush, without knowing them fully. It is wrong. Its like saying a white woman who is not working, isn't working because most white people usually don't like to work and prefer to stay at home on benefits (because thats what the statistics say).

Im sure a little girl like you is educated enough to know that whilst one can apply statistics and rationale to a set demographic, it is important to look at everyone holistically and individually, as everyones case is different, outliers occur and that may not be the leading factors in their cases.

But Im sure a smug little twit like yourself will ignore me and go on your ignorant little merry way, as you know it all, don't you hun 😊.

I enjoy the discussions on here, but comments like that are really disgusting, and should not be left alone. Grace and Sammi are not perfect by any means but well bleeping done to them for breaking “stereotypes” and making something out of themselves.

I wont be replying any further to your idiocy either, sometimes ignorance is better off ignored.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I’ll share it anyway as it is a topic close to my heart really. This place is for sharing our opinions and experiences so this might resonate with someone.

If you don’t have children and you aren’t fussed about buying property - that’s cool. As you say success is subjective and what one person wants out of life doesn’t have to be another’s. However, if you are actively making the choice that you want to bring children into the world in the future, and you have enough money for home ownership to be an option on the table, I think you should absolutely be prioritising to buy a property.

We can agree to disagree on this one, but Grace at one point absolutely had the choice to save for a deposit. Maybe she couldn’t have bought in her dream london postcode, but she absolutely could have saved up and bought somewhere outside of London or nearer her family in Bucks. Even if a flat or maisonette instead of a house. She would have had enough years of accounts to show as self employed and there definitely would have been a way.

Lee wanted to wait until they had a house before they had children, but she overruled him. It is clear from her companies house that she has earned more than minimum wage from her influencing in the past, so together with Lees job it is something that would have been a possibility.

I grew up in privately rented houses for my childhood and you cannot underestimate the lack of security that comes with that. Never having a constant place to call my own or feel settled in is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone. Maybe others had a better experience than me and I hope they did, but if I am actively choosing to bring children into the world then I want to be working towards a stable future for them. I’m currently saving up to buy a house with my partner near London, and the thought of being able to paint a wall or put down a new carpet, or decorate a nursery for when I have children is something that motivates me every day towards that goal. I want my children to be able to make memories in the same place and feel secure enough that their home belongs to them and nobody else. Because it’s something I never had.

Apologies for the early morning rant, but those defending graces choices have to remember it’s not just her anymore. She wastes so much money that she could be putting towards a stable future for Cyprus and Kamiko and I just don’t think it’s right.

You have stated your thoughts beautifully and I agree with you. I just think that sometimes, in the nicest way, tit happens. I wanted to buy, but whilst completing my masters I found out I was pregnant. I had my son whilst privately renting and it was definitely harder saving because he was here. I said to myself I wouldn't have another until my partner and I secured our own, and we stuck to that promise, so I get it completely. The uncertainty when private renting is painful. I just think Grace probably is doesn’t give a tit because she has money to throw at another deposit etc. Im not sure what her plans are, but I just think growing up you tend to make some crappy decisions. I have, even as a mother, common sense doesnt come over night, and it may not be because shes black, fatherless or smug. I think you guys high light valid points but sometimes its like damn man we all duck up a lil bit that is life. I know many women who have gotten pregnant when they did not intend to do so (having no more room in their homes) or money but they manage to thug it out, and it works out! That is life.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Like someone said, Grace herself used to say she wanted to buy a home. Assuming Lee isn't delusional, if he suggested that they buy a home before having kids then maybe it was more in sight than we might realise. Just a year or two of cutting back could have been all it took.

Let's not forget, Lee is also somewhat of an "influencer" now too that he has management and he still writes songs for people as famous as Craig David.

Even if Grace isn't a high earner and Lee isn't bringing in much, her situation isn't as static as the majority of people. If she wants to boost her earnings by a few extra thousand, all she needs to do is grift and take on a couple more jobs which might not ask much more of her than to make a social media post.

The majority of people don't have the capacity to boost their income by that much, that quickly or that easily.

And I wouldn't say people are imposing their own goals on Grace. Again, she herself mentioned wanting to buy a home and the rental situation in the UK is objectively tit. Unfortunately, owning is the more secure tenancy. It shouldn't be like that, but it is.

Reactions: 11
I think the main factor Grace and Sammi have in common that's probably stopped them buying property is they've had shitheads for partners

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh girl bye lol. Do not dress up your racism with “education”. Im a band 8d in the NHS. I lead on various maternity/children and young people initiatives NATIONALLY. I live and breathe the application of demographic data. Ive learned a lot on the way up here. They may not own homes for various reasons, but saying its purely because they are black and their fathers are not involved is a derogatory comment. Its using something that is typically true to paint everyone with the same brush, without knowing them fully. It is wrong. Its like saying a white woman who is not working, isn't working because most white people usually don't like to work and prefer to stay at home on benefits (because thats what the statistics say).

Im sure a little girl like you is educated enough to know that whilst one can apply statistics and rationale to a set demographic, it is important to look at everyone holistically and individually, as everyones case is different, outliers occur and that may not be the leading factors in their cases.

But Im sure a smug little twit like yourself will ignore me and go on your ignorant little merry way, as you know it all, don't you hun 😊.

I enjoy the discussions on here, but comments like that are really disgusting, and should not be left alone. Grace and Sammi are not perfect by any means but well bleeping done to them for breaking “stereotypes” and making something out of themselves.

I wont be replying any further to your idiocy either, sometimes ignorance is better off ignored.

You have stated your thoughts beautifully and I agree with you. I just think that sometimes, in the nicest way, tit happens. I wanted to buy, but whilst completing my masters I found out I was pregnant. I had my son whilst privately renting and it was definitely harder saving because he was here. I said to myself I wouldn't have another until my partner and I secured our own, and we stuck to that promise, so I get it completely. The uncertainty when private renting is painful. I just think Grace probably is doesn’t give a tit because she has money to throw at another deposit etc. Im not sure what her plans are, but I just think growing up you tend to make some crappy decisions. I have, even as a mother, common sense doesnt come over night, and it may not be because shes black, fatherless or smug. I think you guys high light valid points but sometimes its like damn man we all duck up a lil bit that is life. I know many women who have gotten pregnant when they did not intend to do so (having no more room in their homes) or money but they manage to thug it out, and it works out! That is life.
calm down hun, I ain’t reading all that and I’m not about to dox myself like you listing all my qualifications and life story

• Angry

Casual bit of racism there..🙄🤮

Reactions: 27
I think the main factor Grace and Sammi have in common that's probably stopped them buying property is they've had shitheads for partners
I can’t help but feel sorry for Lee 😬 like he’s out of the home working doing what must be a physically and mentally exhausting job plus the influencer side hustle plus trying to make it with his music stuff. Like he’s a young man with a lot of potential trying his best so I can’t fault him for not reaching any major financial goals cos he is putting in the work so hopefully that’s all a get to come for him.

Grace on the other hand is a lazy bum both in terms of any real world work or even optimising her influencer career, she seems content sat at home unboxing tat manifesting shite and ordering deliveroo every other day 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.