Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's definitely business minded, and probably would have done better going to another Russell Group university and studying a business-orientated course, but of course she couldn't go without the status of Oxford. I really want to like Grace, I think she's doing well for herself and is a relatively good role model, but the lack of awareness about her privilege is just vile. All she has to do is acknowledge it in a video and everyone will move on, but she's so narcissistic that she really truly believes she made all this from the ground up.
That's the thing, a lot of us here fully admit she's a smart woman and that she has done well for herself. But she just won't admit that she's had so many more opportunities on the way up than so many of her followers could never dream of achieving, instead choosing to show off her success in such a braggy "girlboss" way, immediately shouting about the fact that women should support women (influencer supporting influencer...) the moment someone brings up something constructive in their criticism. She's so young too, I think that doesn't help in the way she deals with people on social media- for her any form of criticism of her brands is an immediate attack on her as a person, which is another thing we all want her to work on. She doesn't know how to separate herself from her brand. I think she could really learn a lot through talking to other women who own businesses about how to distance herself from the brands and how to take any form of criticism.

Reactions: 11
The fact she was able to use her internship money really highlights her privilege to me.

Only somebody who already lived in London in a house where they didn’t have to pay rent with parents who didn’t need financial help from their kids (believe it or not A LOT of young people have jobs just because their family needs the extra money) would be able to do that. Grace was incredibly privileged even to be in the financial position to do that internship (most people would not be able to live in London for a year on an internship salary - hence why I can guarantee that no kids from the north can do fancy internships at investment banks) , never mind having the ability to save up that money and spend it on starting a business.(I’ll hold my hands up, most of the above applies to me too)

She had the money and she used it wisely. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just feel like if she won’t recognise her privilege somebody else has to because blatantly ignoring it is one of the reasons why the U.K. is in this state.

Maybe Grace doesn’t actually think she is privileged and all of the above has never crossed her mind? I’d assume growing up in Kensington exclusively going to the best private schools and then going to Oxford isn’t really going to give you much perspective. That’s not Grace’s fault at all but this is why you need to listen to what people have to say and learn.

I’ve attached this Tweet I saw this morning regarding the Cummings fiasco as I think it explains what I’m trying to get at quite well.
C94D9BB8-A36E-46FE-885B-FB9EA470096E.jpeg
C94D9BB8-A36E-46FE-885B-FB9EA470096E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello magazine has deleted the comments about Genflow and how she isn’t a CEO

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
The fact she was able to use her internship money really highlights her privilege to me.
Only somebody who already lived in London in a house where they didn’t have to pay rent with parents who didn’t need financial help from their kids (believe it or not A LOT of young people have jobs just because their family needs the extra money) would be able to do that. Grace was incredibly privileged even to be in the financial position to do that internship (most people would not be able to live in London for a year on an internship salary - hence why I can guarantee that no kids from the north can do fancy internships at investment banks) , never mind having the ability to save up that money and spend it on starting a business.(I’ll hold my hands up, most of the above applies to me too)
I remember being 16 and my parents sitting me down and telling me that they expected me to get a job over that summer and you know what? I'm so much better for all the time I spent in customer service. But the fact that I had to work from 16 in restaurants and bars (because when I went to university, my maintenance loan wasn't enough to cover my rent, despite the fact my parents couldn't afford to give me anything like student finance assumes of people outside a certain bracket of income) meant that I didn't have the time to pursue other passions and hobbies of mine. Grace forgets, and I've said this on GG, that money and class buys TIME. She got to where she is based on both luck at being noticed by Kayla Itsines, money to buy all the "aesthetic" gymwear, genetics and the time to cultivate and take photos of herself working out. I know when I go to the gym I don't waste time making myself look cute to film myself for insta because my powerlifting sessions can run insanely long anyway and I don't have the time to spare.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
shreddy workouts are only twenty mins!!! Which is why I just don’t get how the app has any following. They post the same workouts on the shreddy insta and they wouldn’t even get your heart up for a warmup. No hate on anyone doing shreddy they are just VERY beginner and repetitive. Grace is not doing them. In twenty mins she probs just does a few hip thrusts and some bike sprints
That's the whole point of shreddy - to not actually work and set people up for failure so they keep spending £5 every month. Everyone wants to hear that a couple of 20 mins workouts a week will get you shredded and it's an easy sale.

I cringe anytime I hear grace and ethics together, for how much she's making she works very little and has bragged about working 3 days a week.

If she wasn't selling faux sustainable and fitness stuff she'd just be another one selling "business mastery" ebooks that are worth $10'000 but if you buy in the next 15 minutes you can get them for $299 because she wants people to have the knowledge 🙄

Reactions: 9

She had the money and she used it wisely. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just feel like if she won’t recognise her privilege somebody else has to because blatantly ignoring it is one of the reasons why the U.K. is in this state.

Maybe Grace doesn’t actually think she is privileged and all of the above has never crossed her mind? I’d assume growing up in Kensington exclusively going to the best private schools and then going to Oxford isn’t really going to give you much perspective. That’s not Grace’s fault at all but this is why you need to listen to what people have to say and learn.

I’ve attached this Tweet I saw this morning regarding the Cummings fiasco as I think it explains what I’m trying to get at quite well. View attachment 139227View attachment 139227
Katy Brand has a cheek saying that. Her mother is the famous and wealthy comedian Jo Brand. I doubt Katy has ever wanted for much in life.

Reactions: 2
Katy Brand has a cheek saying that. Her mother is the famous and wealthy comedian Jo Brand. I doubt Katy has ever wanted for much in life.
Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for pointing it out!

I remember being 16 and my parents sitting me down and telling me that they expected me to get a job over that summer and you know what? I'm so much better for all the time I spent in customer service. But the fact that I had to work from 16 in restaurants and bars (because when I went to university, my maintenance loan wasn't enough to cover my rent, despite the fact my parents couldn't afford to give me anything like student finance assumes of people outside a certain bracket of income) meant that I didn't have the time to pursue other passions and hobbies of mine. Grace forgets, and I've said this on GG, that money and class buys TIME. She got to where she is based on both luck at being noticed by Kayla Itsines, money to buy all the "aesthetic" gymwear, genetics and the time to cultivate and take photos of herself working out. I know when I go to the gym I don't waste time making myself look cute to film myself for insta because my powerlifting sessions can run insanely long anyway and I don't have the time to spare.
I couldn't agree with this more! Never having to have a part time job means more time to study and get good grades, more time to pursue ECs like music etc, more time to do work placements and internships.. Although I have to say there is no education like working customer service, I feel like the world would be a better place if everybody had to work in food or retail at least once in their life lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I bet she called up and demanded it
That'll be another "meeting".

She's probably still raging that they originally called her an Instagram influencer before changing it to CEO 😆
Screenshot_2020-05-27-14-03-27-936_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jo and Katy aren't related, Jo has 2 daughters but they're much younger. Interestingly Katy went to Oxford herself so either is very self aware or knew people like that there (I'm sure they're not difficult to find at Oxford unfortunately!).

Reactions: 4
Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for pointing it out!

I couldn't agree with this more! Never having to have a part time job means more time to study and get good grades, more time to pursue ECs like music etc, more time to do work placements and internships.. Although I have to say there is no education like working customer service, I feel like the world would be a better place if everybody had to work in food or retail at least once in their life lol
maybe if grace had had to do a part time job in retail/hospitality while studying, she might have learnt those important customer service skills that she is majorly lacking... “the customer is always right”

Reactions: 1
Wow. This thread has completely opened my eyes to Grace’s companies (or claimed to be companies) and I had no idea that she wasn’t the owner of all three. The TALA info is particularly eye opening because it’s all over social media with influencers, minor celebs and fitspos all advertising her products. I’ve tried a few times to buy some of TALA’s activewear because they appear to be amazing quality and a sustainable, ethical brand. I mean who wouldn’t want to part with their cash to avoid Asian kids in sweatshops sewing some Nike leggings? But it’s definitely very fishy how the products are only finished in Portugal. Very misleading and shady. I do respect Grace because regardless of her privilege, she’s also made some damn good choices to get her to where she is, and I don’t think anyone can doubt that she has worked hard in the past, however the true extent of her privilege isn’t common knowledge and the shadyness over how much funding she’s had from the bank of mum and dad is a scandal for people looking up to her. I actually own two bands from B_ND, one from when it was Grace Fit UK and I still use them now. Their quality is brilliant and I was more than happy to pay that price than some cheapy on Amazon that wouldn’t last the week. I managed to get my hands on most of her guides by downloading them for free online and they did get me going in the gym on my fitness journey, however for anyone who has any knowledge of exercise and lifting, most are rendered useless. Especially her home guides that give no further information as to how these can work for you (eg explaining nutrition, calorie deficits, cardio vs weights for the results you want, etc) which means her following are massively misleaded believing that doing a few 20 min body weight exercises per week will result in a body like hers. It’s sad.
But anyway, thank you to all who have done the snooping into the companies and for those who’ve shared their knowledge and expertise in explaining what terms mean/how things work in business. It’s really opened my eyes to how she has become this amazing #girlboss

Reactions: 6
You know what, Grace was the person who got me into fitness. I originally purchased her GFG 1 to do at the gym and I finally felt like I had some direction. For what it is, it was brilliant for someone getting started in the gym. It’s SO disappointing to see her abruptly dropping that and promoting the heck out of an app that is glitchy and frankly, not nearly as good as her original guides. Of course, the explanation is simple - money. Naturally monthly subscriptions are better is terms of regular cash flow, compared to a one off purchase of her guide but come onnnn at least offer something more to justify the extra spend or at least keep the quality the same. It makes no sense to me that all exercises are the same and there’s no way of progressing. It provides no value to her customers - they’re better off watching one of the million FREE videos on youtube.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know what part of London she bought in and for how much? Not interested in the actual address wondering where as it's not in Chelsea.

If Hello's coverage wasn't good enough for her why did she even share it to begin with? I'm so confused. She shared it because she wanted to show off people are giving her PR, but when audiences can see through the holes, it's the magazine's fault for poor coverage and she's not into it and has to make her own post for redemption. I'm pretty sure I like many others only knew it existed because she shared it in her story.

Reactions: 4
The thing that gets me is that while she’s explicitly said her parents haven’t helped her financially - even if that’s true - she clearly doesn’t understand the privilege of wealthy parents as a full back option. While it’s great she’s clearly making good use of her opportunities, it’s just a shame she doesn’t speak more about her privilege considering pretty much the only rhetoric surrounding her these days is the whole #girlboss thing... fair enough if she was still predominantly doing the more down to earth content as well like vlogs/what I eat in a day/workouts which is what made people follow her and look up to her... but when all she does is these vile interviews with trad media/her whole toxic productivity thing(bcs all your problems can be solved with a to do list right)/ and gassing on about her businesses without addressing valid issues raised by her paying customers and followers... just really sad as I feel like her intentions are so great but she’s completely missing the mark

Reactions: 8
She's now posted a day in the life summary on her own Instagram feed, clearly wasn't all that happy with how the Hello one portrayed her.

It's long so I've whacked it in a spoiler
7.30am: wake up in the mornin feelin like p diddy! this is a fun work from home luxury lie in, sometimes I even push it to 8.30 (I know calm down grace). I wake up to a radio alarm which is nice because it slowly helps you realise that ur alive and the world exists
8am: workout! I do a really short 20 minute session and hardly ever longer than this - this helps me focus (working out gets my brain going so if I’m not careful I end up writing some sort of project on my phone instead of training), it also helps me not burn out
8.30am: I end the workout with a 2 min plank which is the first time I go on my phone if I’m being good (spoiler alert: this has a low success rate). very aware I sound like a psychopath rn. Head upstairs to shower & change into something presentable on my top half #zoomlyf
9am: another coffee & plan my week - I split my to do list into quick ticks, emails/messages, tasks & projects. This helps me stay on top of everything without getting overwhelmed, and helps me time block to work on projects rather than just ticking off quantity rather than quality. I try to keep this as skeletal as poss at this point in the week. I then had around 30 mins to do some quick ticks & respond to messages
9.50am: briefing call for 10am
10am: recruiter call for some roles at @wearetala - time to get scaling baby!
11am: approvals: I receive 2 approval emails per day split into quick approvals & projects which can be anything from approving collection designs, to app updates to PR interviews. I still approve the large majority of movement at both TALA and @shreddy (incl. @b_ndstore), so this makes movement a lot more succinct & allows the teams freedom to operate whilst still enabling me to be a lil bit of a control freak. Other things done before füd inclüd
* Sent out emails - shreddy post-challenge plans, review of the new Condé Nast Sustainable Fashion Glossary & and a summary of how covid-19 has highlighted irresponsible business practices in fashion, and the ways the industry could change going forwards - sent to team TALA
* Looked at rewiringfashion.org, a very interesting analysis of how the fashion industry should look re sustainability and its calendar - again, sent in write up to team TALA
12.30pm: made me some truffle mushrooms on a bagel for breakfast (weirdly boujie but truffle oil addict) - I don’t intentionally intermittently fast but it helps me to regulate my funky blood sugar for longer in the day & I’m most productive in the morning so I get distracted with work. In my lunch break I watched some youtube (some days trashy some days interesting financial/business - depends on my mood)
1.30pm: prep for 2pm call and sent out a few more emails based around my project approvals
2pm: weekly call with the whole of TALA HQ where we touch base on eeeeverything
3pm: ticking things off: a quick touch base call here and there, review of a few samples, actually no clue what else I did in this time. Definitely ate a chocolate bar. Should have taken a longer lunch break because brain was too fried at this point - had a little music loud boogie round the kitchen to help
3.45pm: prep for my call & made a coffee, ate another chocolate bar
4pm: call with TALA operations & creative about future collection plans and release structures
5pm: called a TALA partner for an update chat following this Harvard business course I’ve been doing - needed to discuss website updates and release plans from previous call, then reviewed next B_ND restock plan
6pm: TALA team quiz! Rescheduled from last week
7pm: dog walk
8pm: collapse on sofa for trashy tv and dinner

Grace's Day in a Life:

7.30am-9am: I get up, duck about a bit, do a quick plank while looking at my phone and get dressed. I don't feel ready for the day unless I workout for 20 mins and you should feel pretty bad about yourself if you do anything less than a 2 minute plank EVERY morning. Oh did I mention I have an app for that? For some reason there's no time for breakfast. #fitnesslyf
9-9:50am: I chat to some people for a while. I'm pretty important so they make time for me like 24/7. But this is the best job they have ever had so they should be thanking me, really.
9:50-10am: I get someone to brief me on the meeting that's about to happen. Yes yes yawn yawn just remember to mention the CEO is on the call.
10-11am: I listen to everyone chat about the mundane world of fair wages and sustainable practices. I reply to a hater on twitter from my sister's account.
11-12.30am: Approved the colours of the new 100% sustainable bamboo cutlery. Then I had a spare half hour to kill so read a blog post.
12.30-1.30pm: I push my lunch break back so I only have a full hour. It's a sacrifice worth making for this CEO boss babe.
1.30-2pm: half an hour briefing for the next meeting. I take some selfies of my bum and suppress another yawn.
3pm: ate some chocolate. I should've let myself have more than an hour lunch break! I'm exhausted from all these meetings and ignoring angry customers' emails can be tiring work.
4pm: meeting about another release and before you say anything, YES! We are sustainable! We make sure everything sells out in less than 10 mins. It's called thoughtful marketing, look it up.
5pm: I call someone about this online course I'm taking - can I just skip to the end and pay for the certificate now? I wrote some ideas I have in my journal about some more products I could release... I'm manifesting some funky bamboo pencils rn.
6pm: quiz! This counts as overtime and it will absolutely be reflected in my paycheck this month.
7pm: walked the dog. tit, I forgot he was here. I'll get my roommate to take him out tomorrow.
8pm: finally!!! Some me time!!! Trash TV and dinner. Ahhh what a day. I order a new golden plaque to put on my piano. I deserve it after all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.