Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. Someone pulled something for her to get into Oxford with a B.
I don't think anyone pulled anything necessarily nor do I think her parents paid for her to get in or anything. However, there is no way in hell that she would have got in with those grades if she wasn't so privileged. Oxford apparently will be lenient with grades if you have an exceptional personal statement.

Grace has read her personal statement out on a video before and its absolutely crazy how many opportunities she has had throughout her life. Her parents paid for her to go to the Royal College of Music and they sent her to a private primary school based in a CATHEDRAL with its own cathedral choir (what!!!) She specifically applied for music at the college renowned for its cathedral choir (it is also known for recruiting students to be part of the choir and she got her £100 scholarship on the condition that she would be a part of the choir). She went to one of the best private schools in the country with advisors entirely dedicated to perfecting students' personal statements and Oxbridge interview techniques. Her parents even sent Grace and her sisters to a ridiculously expensive french nursery so they could learn a bit of French while they were still young. Someone has even mentioned on here that when she was just 16 she had a work placement at a prestigious investment bank that doesn't even do work placements, and she has also had work experience at the Victoria and Albert museum (which just so happens to be where her Mum is employed)

(When I worshiped Grace I followed her on Linkedin - this is where most of this info is from if you're interested)

Grace is just the tip of the ice berg as well. It's absolutely insane how many opportunities are thrown at rich white kids in this bleeping country. My best friend dated someone who went to Eton (she met him at uni) and the amount of opportunities he had without even having to ask for them actually made me feel a bit sick. Despite being insanely average and not very intelligent, he's now working at one of the big four... shock.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't think anyone pulled anything necessarily nor do I think her parents paid for her to get in or anything. However, there is no way in hell that she would have got in with those grades if she wasn't so privileged. Oxford apparently will be lenient with grades if you have an exceptional personal statement.
Could you give us a source for this?

Grace Beverley #2 - "How to be a successful entrepreneur" sponsored by GenFlow and rich parents

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Grace has read her personal statement out on a video before and its absolutely crazy how many opportunities she has had throughout her life. Her parents paid for her to go to the Royal College of Music and they sent her to a private primary school based in a CATHEDRAL with its own cathedral choir (what!!!) She specifically applied for music at the college renowned for its cathedral choir (it is also known for recruiting students to be part of the choir and she got her £100 scholarship on the condition that she would be a part of the choir). She went to one of the best private schools in the country with advisors entirely dedicated to perfecting students' personal statements and Oxbridge interview techniques. Her parents even sent Grace and her sisters to a ridiculously expensive french nursery so they could learn a bit of French while they were still young. Someone has even mentioned on here that when she was just 16 she had a work placement at a prestigious investment bank that doesn't even do work placements, and she has also had work experience at the Victoria and Albert museum (which just so happens to be where her Mum is employed)

(When I worshiped Grace I followed her on Linkedin - this is where most of this info is from if you're interested)

Grace is just the tip of the ice berg as well. It's absolutely insane how many opportunities are thrown at rich white kids in this bleeping country. My best friend dated someone who went to Eton (she met him at uni) and the amount of opportunities he had without even having to ask for them actually made me feel a bit sick. Despite being insanely average and not very intelligent, he's now working at one of the big four... shock.
I dated a guy a few years ago, he was about 10 years older than me so mid 30s and was already a VP of some Swiss bank. He’d had an extremely privileged upbringing, been to Harrow and Oxford and the opportunities that just fell in his lap were ridiculous. He was clever enough but no brain of Britain and he was happy to admit (to me anyway) that there’s was no way he’d have got to where he was if it wasn’t for his schooling/upbringing. When people have these opportunities I wish they’d just own it

Reactions: 4
For what it’s worth, I know a number of people who missed their Oxford grades (albeit narrowly) and still got in. Oxford don’t tend to over offer much at the undergrad level. I wouldn’t say Grace is particularly special for being let in without the grades. Obviously her education and upbringing helped massively with her getting the offer in the first place though, I’m not disputing that at all.

I also have a couple of friends who were still at Oxford when Grace was there and from vague stories I heard, she wasn’t overly popular with a lot of the students there 🤷‍♀️ I always found it funny how she was never really seen with the rest of the Oxford YouTube crowd. Granted Grace is mostly fitness but she used to do a lot of uni vlogs too and never (that I remember) got involved with any of the vloggers there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
For what it’s worth, I know a number of people who missed their Oxford grades (albeit narrowly) and still got in. Oxford don’t tend to over offer much at the undergrad level. I wouldn’t say Grace is particularly special for being let in without the grades. Obviously her education and upbringing helped massively with her getting the offer in the first place though, I’m not disputing that at all.

I also have a couple of friends who were still at Oxford when Grace was there and from vague stories I heard, she wasn’t overly popular with a lot of the students there 🤷‍♀️ I always found it funny how she was never really seen with the rest of the Oxford YouTube crowd. Granted Grace is mostly fitness but she used to do a lot of uni vlogs too and never (that I remember) got involved with any of the vloggers there.
What did they say about her at oxford?

Ah, that's useful to know, thanks for clarifying. It's just that publicly the line is that if you don't make your grades you don't get in. Whereas other uni's are quite open about saying you'll probably get in even if you miss your grades.

Ah, that's useful to know, thanks for clarifying. It's just that publicly the line is that if you don't make your grades you don't get in. Whereas other uni's are quite open about saying you'll probably get in even if you miss your grades.
If you miss your offer and you're from a non-traditional background, you're more likely to get in because Oxbridge "contextualise" your grades to take into account your socio-economic status.

Given that Grace was studying music and she clearly had a strong music background, it's not really that surprising that she was still allowed to go...
Had she been applying to study PPE, she's far less likely to have been allowed in.

If you miss your offer and you're from a non-traditional background, you're more likely to get in because Oxbridge "contextualise" your grades to take into account your socio-economic status.

Given that Grace was studying music and she clearly had a strong music background, it's not really that surprising that she was still allowed to go...
Had she been applying to study PPE, she's far less likely to have been allowed in.
He he I can hardly think of anyone who's less likely to get a contextual offer, which is why I wondered if Mummy and Daddy pulled a few strings. Maybe no-one wanted to study Music that year?

Reactions: 1
What did they say about her at oxford?
Nothing interesting or new tbh, sorry if anyone’s expecting some exclusive gossip! Just the standard stuff - acted like she was better than everyone else, never really made an effort with the rest of her cohort, didn’t do most of the choir stuff she was meant to do in order to have her choral scholarship. Think most of the outrage came from the way she’d portray herself as being SO busy, staying up really late to write essays etc. Her followers would then go on and on about how incredible she was and how she was literally perfect, when she was hardly the only person to be balancing uni with other commitments. It was a bit of an insult to the less privileged students there that Grace was complaining about not having any time when the majority of her work (if you can even call it that) consisted of posting about massive clothes hauls, picking up her #gifted items, or going on trips with Gymshark. Totally oblivious to the fact that some people were working so they could afford to eat.

Exactly this. Someone pulled something for her to get into Oxford with a B.
Nah I don't think anyone would have pulled strings for her to get into Oxford. I am currently in my final year doing History in a college cohort of around 10 and every year one or two people miss their AAA offer, my college's policy seems to be that if you got an A* in History and one of your other subjects dropped to a B (so that you got A*AB overall) they'll still let you in but if you only got an A in History they'll reject you. This is broadly true across the subjects at my college at least so possibly explains how Grace got in for music.

Also being a choral scholar would have helped massively bc Colleges have to plan how many they take to get the required numbers so they are also known to be much more lenient for people who are signed up for that. Someone at my school who was a bloody good singer and had a choral scholarship at a big Cambridge college had an IB offer for economics of 42, they missed the offer and got 40 and it was all very sad until about 10 days later it emerged that she was now going to that same Cambridge college for geography. These choirs are the pride and joy of the college so they are very lenient about missed offers for choral scholars.

I'm not denying that a lot of privilege typically leads to the position where you're going to do music at Cambridge and being in the choir but Oxbridge colleges are fiercely proud of their independence from outside pressure (I believe 3 out of 4 of Tony Blair's children were rejected?)

Reactions: 1
I never post on these forums but I felt the need to today.
I've never understood why a 'sustainable' queen like Grace buys luxury brand items. Not only are they not exactly sustainable (been watching Justine Leconte) but buying brand names like Chanel etc And then flaunting them increases demand for counterfeit products (not very sustainable or good for factory workers making them). Surely as a business owner Grace knows this?

It frustrates me when influencers flaunt expensive brands for the sake of the brand name but to do so and then claim to be big on sustainability is hypocritical and even more irritating!

I believe her first application was for PPE and she settled on music?

I believe her first application was for PPE and she settled on music?
Oo that sounds familiar!
"Settled on music" sounds like "was told come for music or nothing".

There are cases where people miss their offer and they're told to take a gap year because of space that year. Not necessarily to retake or remark anything though.

Reactions: 2
Has Grace mentioned she’s no longer vegan? The crisps she has just posted on her story have milk as an ingredient.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I don't understand why she is soooooo into sustainability but goes to the park and buys pre-packaged fresh fruit in single use plastic when you can buy exactly the same food plastic free... So hypocrite.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.