Grace Beverley #8 Skin so thick but her Tala leggings still rip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Travel journeys?? I have lived abroad i. multiple countries, all funded by my own hard work. Went on incredible perspective changing trips. I graduated my final year despite missing 1/3 of my lectures due to getting measles and taking a long time to recover - and getting no extenuating circumstances. .. but still no .. nothing can be compared to giving birth to my daughter. You have literally created a human life inside you and then ... have the person with you for the rest of your life. Truly life changing, more so than any job promotion. Also it is incredibly hard, yes harder than writing a book in 8 months. (although i’m sure if Grace has a baby she’ll have a nanny/a husband who works part time so can actually help/inifinite money to just order take away/a cleaner/sleep train the baby from 2 weeks. So for her it probably wouldn’t be hard 😂 But people are always going to be more supportive to someone who has just had a baby ....
Yeah tbh the older I get, the more I realise how unimportant work really is in the grand scheme of things. Hardly anyone would actually have a job if it wasn't needed for money, it's literally a means to an end but people love making it into thing super important thing we should all give our lives to. And it's weird grace would be supporting that sentiment at the same time as writing a book about hustle culture.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Travel journeys?? I have lived abroad i. multiple countries, all funded by my own hard work. Went on incredible perspective changing trips. I graduated my final year despite missing 1/3 of my lectures due to getting measles and taking a long time to recover - and getting no extenuating circumstances. .. but still no .. nothing can be compared to giving birth to my daughter. You have literally created a human life inside you and then ... have the person with you for the rest of your life. Truly life changing, more so than any job promotion. Also it is incredibly hard, yes harder than writing a book in 8 months. (although i’m sure if Grace has a baby she’ll have a nanny/a husband who works part time so can actually help/inifinite money to just order take away/a cleaner/sleep train the baby from 2 weeks. So for her it probably wouldn’t be hard 😂 But people are always going to be more supportive to someone who has just had a baby ....
I dunno, I do kinda get where she is coming from. I’m in my early forties and have no kids (don’t want them) and have always celebrated and gifted for all my friends and family who have had a kid. But I have never really gotten anything in return for my career and educational milestones. This is defo more of a reflection on my friends than anything, but I think a lot of women want to be celebrated for other life achievements and this still doesn’t really happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
yes this! feel like these kinda quotes are belittling to people who’s life goal is to have kids. not sure it’s intended that way but it’s sold as like a “why would you settle for that” mentality when actually career goals, travel journeys and personal development are only for women in a certain section of society...
the majority of us are able to have kids (biologically or otherwise) and really thrive on empowering the next generation 🙋🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I dunno, I do kinda get where she is coming from. I’m in my early forties and have no kids (don’t want them) and have always celebrated and gifted for all my friends and family who have had a kid. But I have never really gotten anything in return for my career and educational milestones. This is defo more of a reflection on my friends than anything, but I think a lot of women want to be celebrated for other life achievements and this still doesn’t really happen.
I agree. I think in general, getting married or pregnant is still more valued than women's career successes. I don't want these things pitted against each other. But for me - my family were overjoyed when I got engaged, but not so bothered when I completed my PhD. I know which of these was more hard work and an achievement, but they don't see it that way. Women are not 'only' wives and mothers. Everyone has a different path. I feel that being a wife and mother is still seen as more of a celebration. What about women who don't want to get married or those who can't have babies? All of these things should be equally important IMO and they can be, if we acknowledge that all women should be empowered to do whichever of these things they want, and not do whichever they don't want.

Anyways that being said ...Grace can go to hell posting this tbh, she was born rich and white and had years of private schooling. She was always going to 'succeed' and her 'achievements' are not the product of hard work. Sorry not sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Yeah, I'm kind of on the same page as you. As someone who doesn't want and has never had any interest in having kids, I think it's striking how many people still belittle women who don't want to have kids, insist we'll change our minds, say that we're being 'selfish' etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I agree. I think in general, getting married or pregnant is still more valued than women's career successes. I don't want these things pitted against each other. But for me - my family were overjoyed when I got engaged, but not so bothered when I completed my PhD. I know which of these was more hard work and an achievement, but they don't see it that way. Women are not 'only' wives and mothers. Everyone has a different path. I feel that being a wife and mother is still seen as more of a celebration. What about women who don't want to get married or those who can't have babies? All of these things should be equally important IMO and they can be, if we acknowledge that all women should be empowered to do whichever of these things they want, and not do whichever they don't want.

Anyways that being said ...Grace can go to hell posting this tbh, she was born rich and white and had years of private schooling. She was always going to 'succeed' and her 'achievements' are not the product of hard work. Sorry not sorry.
I'm so sorry to hear that, congrats on completing a PhD!! It's a giant milestone and a massive accomplishment. I agree with this discussion - I've noticed so many times too that women who remain "single" for the rest of their lives are always questioned in one way or another why they're single and the first implication is always that something is wrong with them, not really that it's a respectful choice. I've been in a relationship for two years now but I haven't told my extended family because they're honestly horrible and too nosy. They constantly question whether or not I've found someone aka a straight cis man, how could I have not found someone, and worse head towards "omg are you a lesbian?" When 1) lmao I'm bisexual and 2) how disgusting and rude of you to assume my sexuality based on what you perceive my personal life to be and also be homophobic all in one go. There's more discussion on this topic than how I've graduated a masters or received job offers from an extremely competitive, prestigious, and famous international organisation. But they don't really matter, I personally am really lucky to have my immediate family who celebrates my professional and academic achievements whilst actually knowing about my relationship status. This is such a massive global issue too regardless of cultural or racial background (bc the patriarchy is rife in different forms!!).

But also yes Grace can go to hell for just about anything.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I think Grace is just in a different part of her life so doesn’t view marriage and children as a life goal. It doesn’t fit with her aesthetic right now. In ten years when she’s flogging wellness tit to over 30s who knows.

This has annoyed me for a lot of reasons really. I was raised in a single parent council home on benefits but had lots of family support. I chose a vocational career out of safety despite wanting to do a degree in music or history. I just knew I wouldn’t be able to get a safe stable job in these fields because I have no connections. I worked hard in a low paid nursing job then completed my masters while pregnant. Quit steady career as I am supported by my husband. I was lucky enough to be able to choose to stay at home with my daughter.

I hate the feminist myth that marriage and babies isn’t a life goal. I chose to have a baby and chose to temporarily pause career progression in favour of staying at home with my baby. To me that is being an empowered feminist. I am not dictated by societal norms, but my child’s needs and my needs.

My friends and family have congratulated me equally on these things. (Also having a baby isn’t an achievement like a degree because sometimes no matter how much money and ‘hard work’ you throw at having a baby, you can’t ‘achieve’ one.)

It’s so reductive to compare educational milestones to having a child. Everyone’s experience and motivations for these things are totally unique.

I really don’t understand why she wants more praise for the book. People congratulate you once on engagement and babies not continually, so her logic is a tiny bit flawed there!

I think Grace is just in a different part of her life so doesn’t view marriage and children as a life goal. It doesn’t fit with her aesthetic right now. In ten years when she’s flogging wellness tit to over 30s who knows.

This has annoyed me for a lot of reasons really. I was raised in a single parent council home on benefits but had lots of family support. I chose a vocational career out of safety despite wanting to do a degree in music or history. I just knew I wouldn’t be able to get a safe stable job in these fields because I have no connections. I worked hard in a low paid nursing job then completed my masters while pregnant. Quit steady career as I am supported by my husband. I was lucky enough to be able to choose to stay at home with my daughter.

I hate the feminist myth that marriage and babies isn’t a life goal. I chose to have a baby and chose to temporarily pause career progression in favour of staying at home with my baby. To me that is being an empowered feminist. I am not dictated by societal norms, but my child’s needs and my needs.

My friends and family have congratulated me equally on these things. (Also having a baby isn’t an achievement like a degree because sometimes no matter how much money and ‘hard work’ you throw at having a baby, you can’t ‘achieve’ one.)

It’s so reductive to compare educational milestones to having a child. Everyone’s experience and motivations for these things are totally unique.

I really don’t understand why she wants more praise for the book. People congratulate you once on engagement and babies not continually, so her logic is a tiny bit flawed there!
I should also add here for clarity, if you want to not have children, or return to your career after children, this is your choice as a woman.

I didn’t like that post as it belittled womens’ life choices. If you are happy to be engaged or having a baby then your friends and family should congratulate you in the same way you would be happy to complete higher education (from my personal experience.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This kind of feminism I really hate lmao, it makes no sense, how can you compare someone getting a promotion at work, doing some personal development or going on a bleeping ‘travel journey’ (just say holiday ffs) to something like a pregnancy?
Having a kid is literally life changing, a promotion is insignificant in comparison so why would people have the same reaction?

Reactions: 10
This kind of feminism I really hate lmao, it makes no sense, how can you compare someone getting a promotion at work, doing some personal development or going on a bleeping ‘travel journey’ (just say holiday ffs) to something like a pregnancy?
Having a kid is literally life changing, a promotion is insignificant in comparison so why would people have the same reaction?
Again it's also very rich for someone like Grace to repost that because she gets flowers, cards, praises and her friends literally crying whenever she breathes. They are sent to her for the most insignificant achievements and for literally everything.

- SkinLuxe launch where people are STILL WAITING ON THEIR ORDERS; time to pop open the Moet!!
- Drivers license, cards and accolades SORTED
- Just for having a job; have another card hun
- "Writes" a book in literally a very short amount of time it usually takes to write a book; have a huge bleeping bouquet of flowers
- Stressed out; go on your 6th trip this year because you deserve it and DON'T GET TO HEAR IT ENOUGH!

I could go on but 😩

Reactions: 27
She has to put herself above all her friends and colleagues and make it clear that she (in her eyes) has all the power and can afford to pay for their holidays, same the way she talks
About her housemates. I would bet it’s either Dubai or the Maldives 🙄 and of course she had to add that they couldn’t cancel their trip

• Sick
Reactions: 14
She has to put herself above all her friends and colleagues and make it clear that she (in her eyes) has all the power and can afford to pay for their holidays, same the way she talks
About her housemates. I would bet it’s either Dubai or the Maldives 🙄 and of course she had to add that they couldn’t cancel their trip
Yep agreed, looks long haul. I’d love to know what meetings are happening that absolutely could not have been done remotely.

As usual her mental gymnastics to justify the trip are ridiculous - she claims they “tried to sensible” by cancelling the trip, but apparently weren’t able to... so apparently the next most sensible thing to do was go anyway. She was always going to travel there regardless, cut the bullshit. If you have to write a paragraph to justify your ‘work trip’, you’re just scrambling for excuses.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Completely agree, once again she’s got a load of waffle on her story trying to justify herself. For goodness sake if you’re going to go away, just do it! It makes it ten times worse her trying to excuse herself and say that she’s really anxious about it (lol).

Reactions: 11
I should also add here for clarity, if you want to not have children, or return to your career after children, this is your choice as a woman.

I didn’t like that post as it belittled womens’ life choices. If you are happy to be engaged or having a baby then your friends and family should congratulate you in the same way you would be happy to complete higher education (from my personal experience.)
So agree with this. I know I want to be a mother one day and it doesn't drop my education / professional ventures. For me it's a milestone I really try to think about as I'm building my career too. I think it should all just be respected equally. If something is being pushed, then it definitely needs to be addressed with whoever is doing the pushing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yep agreed, looks long haul. I’d love to know what meetings are happening that absolutely could not have been done remotely.

As usual her mental gymnastics to justify the trip are ridiculous - she claims they “tried to sensible” by cancelling the trip, but apparently weren’t able to... so apparently the next most sensible thing to do was go anyway. She was always going to travel there regardless, cut the bullshit. If you have to write a paragraph to justify your ‘work trip’, you’re just scrambling for excuses.
just trash honestly

Reactions: 4
Having a child is completely life-changing and I do think it should be celebrated and taken very seriously because it’s creating a person. I l think raising a child successfully is one of the hardest things anyone can do, not least going by the fact that people get it wrong all the time given how many Grace-types (and other kinds of bad humans) there are running around. But it’s hard to distinguish between the reasons for people’s joy around it - as in, between a genuine celebration that you would share with the parents/guardians of this new life equally, and a “fantastic, birthing a child is the best thing a woman can achieve” kind of sentiment. I think it says a lot that women tend to receive the latter kind of praise whereas men receive the former.

I get where Grace is coming from in that sure, we should praise women for actually doing the things they want to do and celebrate this rather than ticking societal norm boxes, and we should be mindful not to tit on women for doing things that historically have been difficult for them to do. But coming from her, it just seems like the typical narcissism “praise literally everything I do, why am I not receiving sufficient “yas queen” messages for going travelling during a pandemic, you just hate me as a successful woman!!!” tit she barfs all over her Instagram.

Reactions: 6
Her talk of "deserving" a holiday is honestly making me so angry. You know who "deserves" a holiday? Frontline workers, doctors, nurses, teachers, delivery drivers, hospital cleaners, etc.

But no, Grace thinks she deserves a holiday the most because she wrote a pile of crap book.

• Angry
Reactions: 41
These "business meetings" are absolutely just online meetings she could've done at home.

Disgusting behaviour.

Reactions: 30
i am so fed up of influencers pretending to pioneer in sustainability and environmental causes, and in the same breath going away countless times in a year, or even worse in the middle of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC. can't wait for the fall of influencer culture

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.