Grace Beverley #4 fecked it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS.

+ She'd get called out because she went to a private school, missed her offer, retook (I believe) and still got into Oxford.

+ I think she also positions herself as Black adjacent as it helps her to shell her stuff to Black people, by being down with some of the big Twitter/Insta personalities. That said, I remember reading somewhere that her ex Elliot wasn't very pro-Black at all. Aaron looks mixed and he seems pretty spiritual/into stuff beneath the surface, so how they lasted for as long as they did is beyond me.
I think actually she applied for philosophy, got rejected, retook, applied again for music, got the same grade again/missed her offer, but still got let in with A*AB. But yeah I totally agree

Reactions: 9
I think actually she applied for philosophy, got rejected, retook, applied again for music, got the same grade again/missed her offer, but still got let in with A*AB. But yeah I totally agree
So how long did it take her to do her a levels? Three years or two?? She can’t have applied twice in the same year? Can’t believe she went for a less competitive course when she got rejected 😂 must really have wanted the Oxford label!

Reactions: 4
So how long did it take her to do her a levels? Three years or two?? She can’t have applied twice in the same year? Can’t believe she went for a less competitive course when she got rejected 😂 must really have wanted the Oxford label!
3, kind of. I think she retook one subject while she was doing that internship at IBM.

Reactions: 2
IIRC she was a Choral Scholar and colleges love their Choir/Organ so I don't doubt the Grade 8 music/singing/whatever helped her massively there
I remember coming across an article about her and her siblings being a choral family dream when they were pre-teens

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I was thinking about Grace today actually in regards to a-levels. I wonder if she understands her level of privilege in relation to what's happening now: she would have received her grades if she was in this year's cohort because her school was high attaining, despite her actually failing to meet those requirements (twice!). State school kids just aren't afforded that luxury.

Reactions: 14
In this youtube videos she says - she got A* in Music, A in Economics, and B in French, which she was soo salty about! 'I can actually speak French!'... 'They literally gave me almost no marks, and I wrote a fantastic essay if I do say so myself' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
3, kind of. I think she retook one subject while she was doing that internship at IBM.
I already don’t agree with this. The grade is worth so much less if you retake one subject. Like in my A-levels we had to do 4, and I struggled with Spanish which meant I disproportionately studied that and didn’t really give any attention to other three. If I could’ve just spent a whol year studying Spanish on its own then I would’ve got better grades across the board. Ridiculous

In this youtube videos she says - she got A* in Music, A in Economics, and B in French, which she was soo salty about! 'I can actually speak French!'... 'They literally gave me almost no marks, and I wrote a fantastic essay if I do say so myself' :ROFLMAO:
So up her own arse. Up to gcse is like them checking you understand, A-level language is a mega jump. Similar to doing an English a level (which we can al speak but don’t all get A’s). You have to have debates about pollution and immigration and analyse books etc. She said she answered the wrong question ( obviously can’t speak it that well if you didn’t understand question), so doesn’t matter how well written it was- it’s wrong

I already don’t agree with this. The grade is worth so much less if you retake one subject. Like in my A-levels we had to do 4, and I struggled with Spanish which meant I disproportionately studied that and didn’t really give any attention to other three. If I could’ve just spent a whol year studying Spanish on its own then I would’ve got better grades across the board. Ridiculous

So up her own arse. Up to gcse is like them checking you understand, A-level language is a mega jump. Similar to doing an English a level (which we can al speak but don’t all get A’s). You have to have debates about pollution and immigration and analyse books etc. She said she answered the wrong question ( obviously can’t speak it that well if you didn’t understand question), so doesn’t matter how well written it was- it’s wrong
Yeh totally agree, you can get ny with knowing almost nothing at gcse and still pass but no way you can at a level. I don’t think her french is as good as she makes out, using it once a year on holiday in restaurants / small talk is hardly fluent imo

Reactions: 5
Music and French seem like weird subjects to be applying to PPE on when the school does Philosophy and Politics. I know at my grammar school they encouraged us to choose very very wisely about what we should be doing at A-Level by having us consider what careers we wanted and what uni courses we wanted to be on.

Reactions: 3
Music and French seem like weird subjects to be applying to PPE on when the school does Philosophy and Politics. I know at my grammar school they encouraged us to choose very very wisely about what we should be doing at A-Level by having us consider what careers we wanted and what uni courses we wanted to be on.
Especially as PPE is probably one of (if not the ) most prestigious subjects there, how you’d get in with anything less than all As is impossible . Most people I know who went to oxbridge did 4 a levels as well, not just 3 as usual

Reactions: 3
Especially as PPE is probably one of (if not the ) most prestigious subjects there, how you’d get in with anything less than all As is impossible . Most people I know who went to oxbridge did 4 a levels as well, not just 3 as usual
PPE isn’t what she applied for, she applied for Philosophy and Theology. But your point definitely still applies!

Yeh totally agree, you can get ny with knowing almost nothing at gcse and still pass but no way you can at a level. I don’t think her french is as good as she makes out, using it once a year on holiday in restaurants / small talk is hardly fluent imo
I also just feel like we’d have heard much more of it if she was as fluent as she’s previously made out she is. We all know she loves a flex (sorry for double post)

Reactions: 4
PPE isn’t what she applied for, she applied for Philosophy and Theology. But your point definitely still applies!

I also just feel like we’d have heard much more of it if she was as fluent as she’s previously made out she is. We all know she loves a flex (sorry for double post)
Yeh I def think she’d make a point of speaking French in videos just to show off

Reactions: 1
Yeh I def think she’d make a point of speaking French in videos just to show off
100% she would’ve got mon to video her ordering food etc in french to put on the insta story so she could reshape when they went on holiday to visit grace’s mum

• Haha
One more to add to the decked out in designer/‘but I never treat myself’ saga. This time Dior high-tops retailing for a cool £830. (I don’t care if she got them second hand, they still go for about £600). I’d also be tempted to include the bag, but I don’t recognise it. It’s not her sac de jour. This girl is delusional?
I always thought she goes on about not treating herself whilst dripping in designer gear. Like if you can afford it then great, good for you, but don't give the whole "I hardly ever treat myself so I got this" crap

Reactions: 8
100% she would’ve got mon to video her ordering food etc in french to put on the insta story so she could reshape when they went on holiday to visit grace’s mum
Um yeah, I remember in one of her old videos (cant be bothered to find it but if anyone knows please link!) on a trip to France we saw her speaking French to a taxi driver if I recall correctly... As an actual fluent french speaker I can confirm that she is NOT at all lol.

ETA: tried to find it, think it was most likely taken down (along with all other videos that could be used as evidence to "catch her out" lmao)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I also remember she put a French caption on insta once and loads of people commented on how the grammar was incorrect haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I use Strong to plan and track my workouts. If you don’t know how to plan your own workout, you’d be better off paying for a session with personal trainer to get a personalised workout designed specifically for you. It would be better than using a generic workout by a potentially unqualified influencer and the cost would be about the same.
It is SO much better to speak with a local PT, most of us will offer a free or cheap workout programme for you. If you have one from some influencer, who is most likely not qualified, you could end up paying the ultimate price eg) paralysis should something go horrifically wrong

Reactions: 5
It is SO much better to speak with a local PT, most of us will offer a free or cheap workout programme for you. If you have one from some influencer, who is most likely not qualified, you could end up paying the ultimate price eg) paralysis should something go horrifically wrong
All you have to do is hear about Sophie Butler's accident and you'll understand how dangerous the gym can be

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.