Grace Beverley #23 Greg Beggerley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She cannot possibly still be claiming to be vegan after posting that ‘hilarious’ story of her bf with the shellfish, and the table laden with burgers and kebab skewers.

To reiterate what’s been said in other threads, I couldn’t care less what she eats or doesn’t eat (I’ve been vegan 10yrs & I know being able to choose what to eat is in itself a privilege) - it’s the rank hypocrisy that is galling.

She gets the ‘morality’ points for being publicly vegan… but eats meat and fish and buys leather goods. She proudly claims to have ‘adopted’ her dog… a cockapoo puppy. Pays lip service to her ‘privilege’ but avoids any real acknowledgement of her upper-class background. She’s made millions off of her ‘eco-conscious’ business but lives a lavish lifestyle of relentless consumption. She boasts and posts about her superhuman work-load but fills her days with personal appointments and has apparently unlimited ‘annual leave.’ And despite writing a book on the toxicity of ‘hustle culture,’ her entire online presence centres around promoting just that.

I couldn’t fathom how she could re-design an entire home ‘on her own’, care for a (rescued!) dog, maintain a gym-honed physique, jet abroad every month, write a book, etc, all whilst being a CEO of two companies. I just felt so disheartened in myself every time I saw her posts - I took them at face value (naive, I know) and wondered how she could fit in so much and still have time to spare. I know better now, but all her lies and white lies are generally taken at face value.

Well that turned into a rant and a half. But it’s not really about the shrimp! 😫😂 It’s the hypocrisy and the lies.
So well said! I agree with everything. Funnily part of the reason that I really started to like her was due to her being vegan too, but it also was the first thing that made me question her and find this thread/the truth behind her “success” (when she promoted bulk powders vegan protein then came out with her own and said all the others tasted like dirt).

Reactions: 21
i bought her one when i was a fan of her (ew) and it was disgusting, full of sugar, disgusting lumpy texture
never had it again
£22 waste of my money
Can confirm the aldi one is really nice and tastes just like a normal cordial 😋

Reactions: 8
despite writing a book on the toxicity of ‘hustle culture,’ her entire online presence centres around promoting just that.
I've been reading the War of Art by Steven Pressfield (highly recommend for self-employed creatives/freelancers), and it got me thinking.

Discussions around hustle culture have always made me feel a bit weird, then I realised the people that talk about it the most on social media all come from privilege?!???

I don't come from a wealthy background at all, so hustling is the only way my bills get paid, and is the only way I'll eventually be able to live a lifestyle I didn't live growing up (being able to go on holidays, buy high quality groceries, do nice things without feeling guilty, living somewhere nice, to me these feel like absolute luxuries but lots of people growing up around me had these things).

There's some people in particular that I follow that go on and on about making sure you take time for yourself, 'carving out time to rest' etc....and I'm like??? You think I'm struggling for fun? I'm bleeping exhausted, do you not think I'd rest if I had the choice? (that said workaholics who don't NEED to do the most do exist, but that perhaps stems from something else, i'm guessing low self-esteem?)

Of course, lots (most) people don't have comfortable upbringings, so hustling is the default for those that want to get out of it. But it feels like it's just another thing that young rich people do when they realise they actually have immense privilege, but instead of being grateful about it they do mental gymnastics to 'fit in' and make it seem like they're struggling like the rest of us.

Even the toxic positivity thing, how the duck else am I meant to cope and do what I need to do when standing up for myself or leaving a 'toxic' environment may result in a way more precarious situation? Of course you should always leave eventually, but for some people it's not as easy as just getting up and going.

Anyway - I mention the book because he talks a lot about the force of 'Resistance' being the thing that stops us getting somewhere, but also that sometimes when people see others who are actually working hard and reaching milestones, there's a sense of jealously, and they may start to try and bring these people to their level to feel better about themselves. in Grace's case, the whole pretending she has a high workload is her just insecure about the fact she doesn't need to work, but she probably does want to feel some kind of fulfilment, and is getting nowhere lying to herself all the time. Then her talking about how toxic hustle culture is is her just feeling guilty that most people work harder than her, but she wishes she actually was hard-working.

Interested to know if anyone else has read it or what other people's thoughts on this are!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I've been reading the War of Art by Steven Pressfield (highly recommend for self-employed creatives/freelancers), and it got me thinking.

Discussions around hustle culture have always made me feel a bit weird, then I realised the people that talk about it the most on social media all come from privilege?!???

I don't come from a wealthy background at all, so hustling is the only way my bills get paid, and is the only way I'll eventually be able to live a lifestyle I didn't live growing up (being able to go on holidays, buy high quality groceries, do nice things without feeling guilty, living somewhere nice, to me these feel like absolute luxuries but lots of people growing up around me had these things).

There's some people in particular that I follow that go on and on about making sure you take time for yourself, 'carving out time to rest' etc....and I'm like??? You think I'm struggling for fun? I'm bleeping exhausted, do you not think I'd rest if I had the choice? (that said workaholics who don't NEED to do the most do exist, but that perhaps stems from something else, i'm guessing low self-esteem?)

Of course, lots (most) people don't have comfortable upbringings, so hustling is the default for those that want to get out of it. But it feels like it's just another thing that young rich people do when they realise they actually have immense privilege, but instead of being grateful about it they do mental gymnastics to 'fit in' and make it seem like they're struggling like the rest of us.

Even the toxic positivity thing, how the duck else am I meant to cope and do what I need to do when standing up for myself or leaving a 'toxic' environment may result in a way more precarious situation? Of course you should always leave eventually, but for some people it's not as easy as just getting up and going.

Anyway - I mention the book because he talks a lot about the force of 'Resistance' being the thing that stops us getting somewhere, but also that sometimes when people see others who are actually working hard and reaching milestones, there's a sense of jealously, and they may start to try and bring these people to their level to feel better about themselves. in Grace's case, the whole pretending she has a high workload is her just insecure about the fact she doesn't need to work, but she probably does want to feel some kind of fulfilment, and is getting nowhere lying to herself all the time. Then her talking about how toxic hustle culture is is her just feeling guilty that most people work harder than her, but she wishes she actually was hard-working.

Interested to know if anyone else has read it or what other people's thoughts on this are!
"Hustle culture" as it is on social media is very much not struggling for moneyI would define as,for example, someone on benefits with children trying to look.after them. Hustling for influecners is just earning the most for just doing any and every brand deal going

Reactions: 21
There’s this clip from a talk with Grace where she says there aren’t enough women who receive venture funding and she says “there need to be more women in the room making the decisions about who get the funding”

genius. Nobody’s ever thought of that before! God. to be rewarded for mediocrity

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I know Grace is technically Gen z but having her as the voice seems strange to me. How can most gen z relate to her? I guess because I’m a baby millennial and I cannot relate to older millennials at all. Like I feel like she should be the voice of aspiring women in their mid 20s/ early 30s instead. (well she shouldn’t be the voice at all but u get it)

Reactions: 17
I know Grace is technically Gen z but having her as the voice seems strange to me. How can most gen z relate to her? I guess because I’m a baby millennial and I cannot relate to older millennials at all. Like I feel like she should be the voice of aspiring women in their mid 20s/ early 30s instead. (well she shouldn’t be the voice at all but u get it)
I think this is sort of the problem with the way we talk about generations. It's impossible to have generalisations that actually apply to everyone, and in the case of Grace as a very wealthy Elder Gen Z she's very much not a great example of a Gen Z person. Plus I'm in my early 30s and she very much doesn't represent me either, you know?

Reactions: 24
Tala getting roasted in their comments for only ever using 1 body type for their ads

also, the leggings in the reel with the info about the ad aren’t even in the sale in the colours used 😂 using a product to market a sale but that product isn’t in the sale (gleamed this from comments)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Tala getting roasted in their comments for only ever using 1 body type for their ads

also, the leggings in the reel with the info about the ad aren’t even in the sale in the colours used 😂 using a product to market a sale but that product isn’t in the sale (gleamed this from comments)
weren’t they just dragged for this by various plus size influencers after the first size expansion? They know by now and keep saying “we appreciate your feedback” but do they actually care enough to implement it? Also way to make people with less curves feel dunked on, 2 in 1 🤩

Reactions: 23
IMG_0222.jpeg

Really tough week for grace guys, she had to start the week in hospitality seats at Wimbledon watching tennis and drinking pimms, then yesterday had to spend the day making cakes with her team!! It’s so hard out here!😔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
View attachment 2290722
Really tough week for grace guys, she had to start the week in hospitality seats at Wimbledon watching tennis and drinking pimms, then yesterday had to spend the day making cakes with her team!! It’s so hard out here!😔
A really tough week that’s ended on a Friday morning so she can dash off on her inevitable holiday this weekend. My heart bleeds, must be so hard to have one of the most privileged lives in the uk 👉🥺👈

Reactions: 42
I am starting to think the reason she is so stressed all the time is that she’s never done the dog work required to train you to prepare for a high level role. All the things most people learn in junior roles she’s learning now as the boss. I don’t think she is able to make executive decisions about what happens with supply chains, management of money, basically anything other than loose aspirations around creative direction of the brand.

She has delegated everything she can but whenever she has to assess what to do as compared to approve something with all the logistics laid out for her, she just doesn’t have the experience to cope with it. If she applied for a senior role when she finished uni she never would have gotten it. She might have gotten a decent enough job but who would take on a senior manager with a 2:1 in music and hardly any real world work experience lol

Reactions: 35

Talas entire brand is represented by skinny white girls. It’s insane that they gaslight their followers into thinking they’re so diverse and different but they’re very sneaky, guess that trickles down from the ceo. I’ve noticed on reels, the covers will always be grace or a skinny white influencer but the video itself will feature diverse models

if you scroll their Insta literally 99% of the content is fronted by skinny white women and you only see the body and racial diversity if you scroll or watch the full video.

grace honestly makes me so sick. No wonder she looks so haggard, stressed and is always crying about imposter syndrome. No one can be this crappy of a person and be happy. All she does is lie, embellish and leave things out to make herself look and sound better, from her personal image to her businesses, to her obnoxious books and podcast. She’s just a complete and utter fraud

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Botox face is ageless, you look 38 whether you're 27 or 50 imo

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.