Grace Beverley #20 Only 20 holidays per year, what a stressful career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just hit me that she probably never actually had a "real" job? That schedule looks super normal to me, especially if you spend the day working on your (allegedly) dream business... a hectic day for me would be e.g. starting at 6 to get some work in before everyone else begins their day, and finishing well after 9pm, especially if we're getting ready for a release...

but I guess it is a lot of work if your frame of reference is taking one pic for Insta or vlogging yourself getting a fake tan.
It also helps when she can rebrand your morning workout as "testing" despite the fact she has no qualifications so I'm not actually sure what she can contribute or test anyway.

Reactions: 22
Also so funny that in her STRESSFUL HECTIC day she has so much time to post pictures of her shoes, post her schedule, post her long paragraph replies to her followers questions. Formatting those stories with all the text, screenshots and drawings over the top etc takes time. I guess ‘post whiney stories to Instagram so everyone thinks I’m a busy boss babe’ must be an *URGENT NON NEGOTIABLE TIME BLOCK*

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The way grez talks about work is so crazy to me. She has about the same number of meetings as my manager does (a middle manager who manages a team of 7) and yet she’s acting as if she has the hardest most insufferable day of all time…video/podcast editing, a few 1 to 1s and a few meetings where she probably just sits there and listens to the people who actually do the work.

Imagine being the new tala starters and reading that after her meeting with you she’s going home to ‘scream at the wall’ and wants to ‘voluntarily decapitate herself’ - it’s so inconsiderate and unprofessional, I would be seriously concerned if my manager spoke about team meetings in that way. She really is incompatible with any type of hard work because she is so lazy. Not even considering the fact that this is her ‘own brand’ that she’s meant to be passionate about.
Yep I mean one of her 'back to back calls' is her gp appointment,wtf

Her deadlift form is so bad in her stories. You'd think someone who has been lifting for what, 5-6 years now would actually have alright form by now
Terrible, why is she overextending at the top so much,

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It also helps when she can rebrand your morning workout as "testing" despite the fact she has no qualifications so I'm not actually sure what she can contribute or test anyway.
Yes, it bothers me so much that unqualified people like grace will make workout plans. People will fall for it and wonder why they aren’t making progress. it’s way better to use a workout plan from a qualified PT who actually knows what they’re doing in terms of workout and diet and the science behind it all!

Reactions: 9
Yes, it bothers me so much that unqualified people like grace will make workout plans. People will fall for it and wonder why they aren’t making progress. it’s way better to use a workout plan from a qualified PT who actually knows what they’re doing in terms of workout and diet and the science behind it all!
The plans are made by a qualified PT called Lianna tbf, she works for Gleam I think so I think Grace is just promoting the workouts while making it sound like she’s made them

Reactions: 5
bad bs have self control and discipline 🤮
“literally no one is making you do things you don’t want to do- you can quit your job” “either decide you want it or you don’t”
she ain’t on this planet
This makes me so angry. I want to quit my job so bad, but I know it’s a good opportunity that I won’t get again, so I have to suck it up. Seriously shut the f up Grace

• Heart
Reactions: 28
“literally no one is making you do things you don’t want to do- you can quit your job” “either decide you want it or you don’t”
she ain’t on this planet
Damn, I never posted here before but this pushed me over the edge - so hi everyone!

She doesn't even manage to stay coherent in that one single slide - first, we have the condescending capitalist propaganda of tHe OnLy tHiNg StAnDiNg BeTwEeN you AnD yOuR dReAm Is YoUr WeAk MiNdSeT she choses to throw at a follower who's looking up to her and asking for advice??? And if that wasn't bad enough, in the next paragraph, while shortly trying to acknowledge that she is nowhere near being in a comparable situation, she literally suggests that her follower simply "can't be arsed" and talks down to them like they're a child, AGAIN?!
... Just before rounding it all up saying that she herself doesn't manage to push herself near as much as she should on the regular (=> framing it as something bad) but that's ✨ normal ✨and 💫 important 💫 (=> framing it as good and healthy in literally the same sentence). All that during multiple crises taking a toll on people's mental health and as such on their ability to concentrate. And, well, without even considering if the tasks her follower mentioned are in any way related to their goals in the first place or rather make up the tit underpaying job they have to be working in order to support their family.

She obv is out of touch with the real world but doesn't even seem to have a consistent view of her own microcosm. You can't just cook up a huge pile of hustle culture bs just to sprinkle it with some faint baseline ideas of mental health awareness and expect to sound like your remotely in your right mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
she ain’t on this planet
Yikes on a bike, I think we may have reached a new low with this one! This is such a toxic mindset and unhelpful "advice". There are so many practical tips one could try out to "hack their productivity" (yes I feel a bit wanky using that term 😝). Figure out your natural rhythm, batch tasks by context, etc... or maybe you're procrastinating bc you're terrified of failing the task... you need to have strategies and systems when motivation and discipline fail.

I thought our productivity guru would have a more sophisticated answer than "get off your arse, ya lazy cow".

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yikes on a bike, I think we may have reached a new low with this one! This is such a toxic mindset and unhelpful "advice". There are so many practical tips one could try out to "hack their productivity" (yes I feel a bit wanky using that term 😝). Figure out your natural rhythm, batch tasks by context, etc... or maybe you're procrastinating bc you're terrified of failing the task... you need to have strategies and systems when motivation and discipline fail.

I thought our productivity guru would have a more sophisticated answer than "get off your arse, ya lazy cow".
She only wrote a whole book about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This makes me so angry. I want to quit my job so bad, but I know it’s a good opportunity that I won’t get again, so I have to suck it up. Seriously shut the f up Grace
Been in that exact position before too and it was horrible, but as you’ve said it was an opportunity and got me to a much happier role so have hope that it’ll get better! Hope you can move on from it soon and 100% ignore Grezos.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Been in that exact position before too and it was horrible, but as you’ve said it was an opportunity and got me to a much happier role so have hope that it’ll get better! Hope you can move on from it soon and 100% ignore Grezos.
Also who is she giving this advice to? Someone who doesn’t have bills? I hate my job but it’s that or be homeless and not be able to feed myself. We don’t all have daddy’s money to fall back on.

Reactions: 20
Also who is she giving this advice to? Someone who doesn’t have bills? I hate my job but it’s that or be homeless and not be able to feed myself. We don’t all have daddy’s money to fall back on.
Exactly, the vast majority of people can’t ‘just quit’. Many would be happy to have any job given the cost of living, even if they hated it - because it’s necessary!

Reactions: 13
also why does grace feel the need to go from 0-100 and over explain everything as if an innocent question was some personal attack?! - don't think the girl was saying she's lazy and sits on her ass expecting glory, just asking how grace gets her motivation lmao

Reactions: 28
I doubt Oenone even cares about Grace and Tala to be fair. It seems like she's outgrown the fitness influencer thing and people like Grace, and is doing her own thing.
Outgrown fitness influencer thing yet posts videos in the gym every morning, sweaty pictures on her Pelaton and selfies of her new gym set 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So Grace is buying another property apparently. What for? A flat in the city so she doesn't have to commute 45 minutes from Clapham? A rental property so she can try to reconcile being a landlord with being 'very left wing'? An investment property because she doesn't have enough money already?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
girl bossing a new flat I see. to become a rental landlord, or is she tired of having flatmates? anyway, quite out of touch considering the cost of living crisis atm

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.