Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are recruiting for an entry level women’s activewear and lifestyle designer who needs to have at least 5 years experience, a design degree and have worked in a start up, this is not an entry level position with that much experience, you can bet the salary will be less than 20k tho and having to work in London in their non-existent office
I’m also very suspicious of her having “have worked at a start up” as a requirement. Why??? So you’re naive to how a legitimate business is run and can be gaslit by the ceo who sends you weird WhatsApp’s, makes odd demands and may share you on a very public platform without consent… ok lol

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I don't suppose anyone screenshotted the french questions? I'm being pathetic but I really want to see them hahaha

Reactions: 3
I’m also very suspicious of her having “have worked at a start up” as a requirement. Why??? So you’re naive to how a legitimate business is run and can be gaslit by the ceo who sends you weird WhatsApp’s, makes odd demands and may share you on a very public platform without consent… ok lol
Yup, I’m in a different industry but worked with some start ups and generally the ones that grow are the ones that recruit people from bigger businesses who know the things big businesses do to be successful. So many startups fail that having worked at one counts for nothing.

Reactions: 11
Here it is. My French is awful these days but is svp an abbreviation of s'il vous plait. Do actual French people even abbreviate that???
Hahah thanks so much, I was annoyed that I missed it. How cringey lol if they follow her I'm sure they'd speak English & why bother finishing the paragraph in English?? Just seems like a way to flex on the rest of us.

I'll ask my French friend if it's a common abbreviation but that sounds like the correct translation to me!

Reactions: 12
Here it is. My French is awful these days but is svp an abbreviation of s'il vous plait. Do actual French people even abbreviate that???
Yeah they do abbreviate tit like that a lot. I’ve seen them change merci beacoup to merci bcp as well.

I would be very curious to hear her actually speak french as in all fairness I can understand her not being very good at writing it because the grammar is so hard to get right. My dads side of the family comes from France but he was raised in the UK, so he spoke french at home all the time but the only time he ever really wrote it was in french classes at school. So despite being able to understand and speak it, his writing and spelling is appalling (he is dyslexic as well tbf) and he doesn’t know where the accents go on words as the only time he ever uses the language is to speak to family.
So I wonder if maybe it’s the same for her, if she only learned it speaking when she was a kid and didn’t get much practice in writing. Idk I feel like it’d just be interesting to see her actually speak lol, for me that’s the real test.
Also, if she is looking for an online supermarket, I wonder exactly how long she is planning on staying 🤔🤔 if she’s spending xmas there then that’s bizarre coz I swear she’s only known this guy 5 minutes

Reactions: 10
Yeah they do abbreviate tit like that a lot. I’ve seen them change merci beacoup to merci bcp as well.

I would be very curious to hear her actually speak french as in all fairness I can understand her not being very good at writing it because the grammar is so hard to get right. My dads side of the family comes from France but he was raised in the UK, so he spoke french at home all the time but the only time he ever really wrote it was in french classes at school. So despite being able to understand and speak it, his writing and spelling is appalling (he is dyslexic as well tbf) and he doesn’t know where the accents go on words as the only time he ever uses the language is to speak to family.
So I wonder if maybe it’s the same for her, if she only learned it speaking when she was a kid and didn’t get much practice in writing. Idk I feel like it’d just be interesting to see her actually speak lol, for me that’s the real test.
Also, if she is looking for an online supermarket, I wonder exactly how long she is planning on staying 🤔🤔 if she’s spending xmas there then that’s bizarre coz I swear she’s only known this guy 5 minutes
There was a video agessss ago and her French was pretty much basic 🤣

Reactions: 3
Oh I never saw it hahaha is it still up? Or has she deleted it out of shame
I don’t think so, I feel like it could have been when her and Montana went to France and they were in a taxi.
No clue on earth, why I remember stuff like this but can’t remember important things like collect my prescription or stuff for work 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I clicked through on the apply link and they just request a CV, no mention of whether they blind the applications or anything. So far from best practice, and it just increases bias in the recruitment process. Alongside the no salary on jobs, it’s just a bare minimum.

I’ll never understand why businesses don’t at least try to decrease bias in recruitment and attract a wide range of applicants. Aside from it obviously being the right thing to do, there’s plenty of evidence that shows that a diverse and inclusive workforce makes a business better culturally (and often more profitable as a result). Why wouldn’t you at least try?!

Then maybe you might actually make clothing bigger than a size 14, you wouldn’t have to shoehorn in disabled models after you get called out repeatedly for not doing so, you wouldn’t film weird faux-lesbian pyjama adverts etc etc…
agree on this. Especially as a small business it’s so much easier to do. I saw an actually sustainable startup doing entry level applications where they make it clear there’s no professional experience required. They don’t ask for a CV. It made me really warm to them as it seems like they actually understand and live their values. It’s clear Grace just doesn’t at all. Lucky for her that she’s never had to go through actually applying for entry level positions

Reactions: 9
I wonder if there is a glitch with their recruitment posts as one of the performance manager roles has a salary the first time I click on it, but none of the others do, and if you click on that same post again, there is no salary there 🤷🏼‍♀️
that job description is so badly written, if I was someone expecting an80,000 salary that would not persuade me to apply

Reactions: 10
E4AA8E49-6EAA-485B-9F08-F4A2F89E1567.png

Wasn’t her trip to the Maldives her annual leave? Which was already like her second annual leave of the year lol?

Maybe stop travelling all the time so you have time to do some actual work as well, is she really expecting sympathy? World’s smallest violin playing right now 🎻

Reactions: 44
View attachment 938801

Wasn’t her trip to the Maldives her annual leave? Which was already like her second annual leave of the year lol?

Maybe stop travelling all the time so you have time to do some actual work as well, is she really expecting sympathy? World’s smallest violin playing right now 🎻
her "annual leave" is much longer than her time at work

Reactions: 32
View attachment 938801

Who is buying her poor overworked grinder in desperate need of some time off routine when all she has done for the last 6 months is show herself going on various holidays? This person has literally been on about 15 different trips this year, no exaggeration.
Also ‘init’ 😭😭 man just shut up you don’t talk like that and you never have, you went to a posh rah wheres my bacccy private school paid for by the fortune of Margaret thatchers best chum aka ur grandad

• Haha
Reactions: 53
View attachment 938801

Maybe if she didn't go to the Maldives and Abu Dhabi back to back she wouldn't have so much work to do before Christmas.

She also posted this story. I'm finding it hard to have that much sympathy for her - she wasn't forced to go to France to spend Christmas with a guy she has been going out with for a few months. If she wanted to spend Christmas with her family she could've just... stayed put.

Attachments

Reactions: 46
Maybe if she didn't go to the Maldives and Abu Dhabi back to back she wouldn't have so much work to do before Christmas.

She also posted this story. I'm finding it hard to have that much sympathy for her - she wasn't forced to go to France to spend Christmas with a guy she has been going out with for a few months. If she wanted to spend Christmas with her family she could've just... stayed put.
Yeah her stories are making me so mad right now, how is she out of all people playing the victim??? You've been acting like covid doesnt exist since May 2020 and have been on countless international trips since then girl STFU. Some (I'd even say most??) people haven't left the country in 2 years, ARE actually overworked (don't have 10 "annual" leaves per year) and still won't get to see their family this year despite doing everything right. She's such a freaking douche.

Reactions: 52

I get the impression that her family are not that close tbh

Reactions: 20
This girl gets so much 'annual leave' it's unreal! I mean the most amount of leave I know someone to have is 33 + 12(flexible working). I mean let's face it, I doubt she even does 40 hours work a week either!

Reactions: 22
Graces problem is she thinks if she logs on to reply to a couple of emails while she’s on holiday that she’s not actually on leave and therefore never stops working 🥴
Going to Dubai for a week but doing an hours talk is so much hard work for her

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.