Grace Beverley #17 working hard (in her imagination), hardly working (because she's on vacation)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here because of the vlog.

Everything said in that meeting is all stuff that’s been done 100x before. Can’t believe they think they’re new and clever.

Reactions: 14
Back at her keyboard warrior antics in the comments, here’s a selection. First up we have classic “all my designer tat is from Vestaire Collective therefore I am sustainable”.

But it’s the reply in the second screenshot that really pisses me off. She has some enormous cheek to play the “problematic” card when it was her own company that didn’t know the difference between China and Hong Kong.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 26
Back at her keyboard warrior antics in the comments, here’s a selection. First up we have classic “all my designer tat is from Vestaire Collective therefore I am sustainable”.

But it’s the reply in the second screenshot that really pisses me off. She has some enormous cheek to play the “problematic” card when it was her own company that didn’t know the difference between China and Hong Kong.
‘Our’ factories in China, what the ones you’ve never visited and just pay some HK company to outsource?
Also the fact that she’s trying to make out like omg this person is being sooo problematic right now, sorry but have you seen how the CCP operate? It’s not to do with being problematic or bad stereotypes, China has one of the worst records for human rights in the bleeping world! It is a very legitimate concern to bring up if you’re wanting to buy ethically made clothes and you see that they’re being manufactured in China.
Plus the fact she felt the need to lie about the factories locations in the first place says all you need to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I did reply to Flora on the TALA story and she got all aggy with me, so she’s not as sustainable as we think.

Which is a shame as I like her content cos I thought she was sustainable
I'd be interested to hear more about this?
I like Flora (she has a rescue dog and is renovating her house herself!) and have supported her before.

Reactions: 8
She's a liar cause she puts up stories of herself in designer stores.

Reactions: 26
She's a liar cause she puts up stories of herself in designer stores.
This! And not to mention, I swear some of the stuff she wears is new season which would surely mean it wouldn't be that readily available to buy secondhand?

‘Our’ factories in China, what the ones you’ve never visited and just pay some HK company to outsource?
Also the fact that she’s trying to make out like omg this person is being sooo problematic right now, sorry but have you seen how the CCP operate? It’s not to do with being problematic or bad stereotypes, China has one of the worst records for human rights in the bleeping world! It is a very legitimate concern to bring up if you’re wanting to buy ethically made clothes and you see that they’re being manufactured in China.
Plus the fact she felt the need to lie about the factories locations in the first place says all you need to know.
Couldn't agree more about the lying - the fact she feels the need to be so defensive and passive aggressive suggests to me as well that she knows there is some truth to their factories being unethical. Being so far removed from them, never seeing them and having them outsourced, there's no way she can guarantee that they're absolutely watertight in being compliant with human rights laws and that they're ethical. The same way people do with fast fashion brands, they have every right to discussion that they're made in China.

I also noticed the other day that Grace referred to TALA as a fashion brand rather than just an activewear one. I guess this is a sure sign that TALA will be branching out into all types of clothing now.

Reactions: 27
As said countless times before, Grace's involvement in her companies is almost beyond the most extreme 'surface level'/fluff style decisions. That literally make zero difference to anything.

Grace's employees/owners: Grace we need you to make this SUPER HARD BOSS BASE decision that only you can make after 3 business trips to Paris, but, should this collection have one sky blue item, or one... summer day sky blue item. (item already made 6 months ago via dodgy suppliers)

Grace - 6 stories about how crazy being a CEO is, a trip to Paris and extreme stress levels over the magnitude of it. "GOD I NEED A BREAK, is anybody else's work life balance 99.999-0.00000001? Let's go with the summer day blue!! Buys 40,000 worth of jewellery as a reward an goes to young entrepreneur of the year awards.

The way I see it when I see her post stuff about being a CEO/decisions is the same energy as when they let a 4 year old child into the cockpit of the plane and they let them fly it and the child is insanely happy and thinks they're doing it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
This! And not to mention, I swear some of the stuff she wears is new season which would surely mean it wouldn't be that readily available to buy secondhand?

Couldn't agree more about the lying - the fact she feels the need to be so defensive and passive aggressive suggests to me as well that she knows there is some truth to their factories being unethical. Being so far removed from them, never seeing them and having them outsourced, there's no way she can guarantee that they're absolutely watertight in being compliant with human rights laws and that they're ethical. The same way people do with fast fashion brands, they have every right to discussion that they're made in China.

I also noticed the other day that Grace referred to TALA as a fashion brand rather than just an activewear one. I guess this is a sure sign that TALA will be branching out into all types of clothing now.
And do people who can afford designer clothes generally want to sell them cheaply online? I am nowhere near rich enough to afford designer clothes, but I donate any clothes/stuff generally I don;t want to charity shops. I know grace seems to be cheap as to sell everything but do most people do this?

Reactions: 11
Grace spent the whole time talking about sustainability - meanwhile she’s wearing Balenciaga and fast-fashion designer garms... Also was she trolling us with the clip where her friend says the Shreddy supplements taste tit. Odd.

Reactions: 23
Not our sustainable queen going on another holiday this year, a whole weeks worth of work must have been so exhausting for her

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Grace spent the whole time talking about sustainability - meanwhile she’s wearing Balenciaga and fast-fashion designer garms... Also was she trolling us with the clip where her friend says the Shreddy supplements taste tit. Odd.
Remember, the Shreddy protein powder is pea based which DOES taste horrible.

Reactions: 9
She has got to be trolling us???? The whole tone of that being excited for a holiday when she probably hasn’t unpacked from the last???
also shock “before Black Friday.” I’ll never get over her pumping out story after story about how shameful Black Friday was for sustainability. Did the whole abstaining only to turn round the next year with a big sustainasale. Wonder what hypocritical nonsense she’ll shove down our throats this year 😍

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Where do you think she’s going? Shall we take bets? Generic influencer locations like Dubai, Ibiza, Greece or France to see her fella? 👀

Reactions: 12
Where do you think she’s going? Shall we take bets? Generic influencer locations like Dubai, Ibiza, Greece or France to see her fella? 👀
Probably somewhere ridiculously expensive to reward herself for the hardest year she’s had due to Covid 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her explanation also makes no sense to me...if there's an option for no waste on the zinnias then just use that same process, don't need to "work out a solution" cos apparently you already have one

Reactions: 12
She has got to be trolling us???? The whole tone of that being excited for a holiday when she probably hasn’t unpacked from the last???
also shock “before Black Friday.” I’ll never get over her pumping out story after story about how shameful Black Friday was for sustainability. Did the whole abstaining only to turn round the next year with a big sustainasale. Wonder what hypocritical nonsense she’ll shove down our throats this year 😍
God I just absolutely cannot stand how brazenly hypocritical and contradictory she is. So many things she does and says never matches up and I wish people would realise and stop lining this greenwasher, wannabe billionaire bossbabeqween's pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe I'm just being bitter because of how busy I am lol, but to me this proves that she just cannot be that involved in her companies if she's taking any substantial time off before Black Friday (assuming that the TALA is doing something for it – although since she's mentioned it I'm sure they must be). Black Friday is the busiest time of year at my company and it is H E C T I C. There's essentially an unspoken no-annual-leave policy during November. If she was that important to TALA, surely she would never take any time off during such a crucial sales period?

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.