Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed - was the ‘bacon’ and cheese that threw me off! You can get amazing vegan burgers now but I’ve yet to find a cheese that melts that well, or bacon that looks that authentic. I wish she’d tagged the restaurant.
Haha it's funny that the one dinner we actually want to know about is the one that wasn't tagged because it wasn't adgifted. And we all know Grace doesn't like to give any else exposure without first being paid (or to save her own arse after she's already tried to get away with passing tit off as her own).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Agreed - was the ‘bacon’ and cheese that threw me off! You can get amazing vegan burgers now but I’ve yet to find a cheese that melts that well, or bacon that looks that authentic. I wish she’d tagged the restaurant.
I’m not 100% sure but it looked a lot like a vegan burger from ‘honest burger’ - their burgers are absolutely incredible and i believe they use the ‘this’ vegan bacon too (which you can get in some supermarkets!)

Reactions: 8
I don't know if it was vegan....I watched the story a few times and it really looked like proper bacon. If she deleted the story it makes it even more likely it wasn't vegan - she probably got loads of messages and didn't want to address the fact she's not vegan any more so just deleted it? I mean don't get me wrong, there are some damn good vegan burgers out there these days and if it was vegan I want to know where it was from but that bacon looked real to me!

Reactions: 12
She implied recently in an interview that she is no longer vegan. I’ll try and find it

Ugh ok I can’t find it, but she spoke about her transitioning to veganism, and then something about “what works for her now”, and seemed to imply plant-based eating instead of strict veganism

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
7AAC4563-A178-454D-8008-0BBD2A4C9169.png
Just had to drop the term viva voce in there, just in case anyone had forgotten she went to Ox!!!1!!
Also did anyone else find it hilarious that her productivity tip is preparing (for interviews, lectures, meetings etc). What a groundbreaking tip lol

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Also I swear no one calls it the viva voce but in handbooks. Just say viva. And I'm not even sure undergrad students DO vivas (I know PGR students do) so I'm betting she's literally said that to show off.

Reactions: 32
View attachment 484307Just had to drop the term viva voce in there, just in case anyone had forgotten she went to Ox!!!1!!
Also did anyone else find it hilarious that her productivity tip is preparing (for interviews, lectures, meetings etc). What a groundbreaking tip lol
The only people who ‘wing’ important meetings and stuff like job interviews are the rich people who have nothing to lose smh, the rest of us have to prepare mate

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Also I swear no one calls it the viva voce but in handbooks. Just say viva. And I'm not even sure undergrad students DO vivas (I know PGR students do) so I'm betting she's literally said that to show off.
Yeah I’m not sure any of my friends did vivas who did a undergrad course. My course was split into bsc and integrated masters - I’m certain it was only the masters people who did a viva. Also I actually did my own research and writing so it was easy to prep for, if you hadn’t plagiarised so many other peoples work grez, you wouldn’t be worrying...

Reactions: 10
View attachment 484307Just had to drop the term viva voce in there, just in case anyone had forgotten she went to Ox!!!1!!
Not sure if this is just me but I find it funny how she has to prep to talk about her own book? I mean I get it to some degree because you can’t remember at entire book off the top of your head, but if you wrote it and were being interviewed about it, what topics it involves, how you genuinely feel about those topics, how you came to write it, about yourself and background etc, surely these are things you just know ?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Not sure if this is just me but I find it funny how she has to prep to talk about her own book? I mean I get it to some degree because you can’t remember at entire book off the top of your head, but if you wrote it and were being interviewed about it, what topics it involves, how you genuinely feel about those topics, how you came to write it, about yourself and background etc, surely these are things you just know ?
After the painting thing, I'm even more convinced than before that her book is just a collection of bits of other books rewritten in Grace's terrible writing style

Reactions: 38
I didn’t go to Oxbridge - but the only time I’ve ever heard the word used is for phd stuff. I’m 2 years into my PhD and I only ever say viva when I talk about mine 😭 why does she think intelligence is alienating people while using long words, when intelligence is being able to disseminate information to a lot of people, clearly and concisely? just speak English girl, you’ll do better that way x

• Heart
Reactions: 51
For someone who hated Oxford so much, Grace is very good at clinging to all the silly things that supposedly make Oxford so special.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
my view of the book is that she wrote it how i used to write essays in primary school, I basically just plagiarised totally but re-wrote things in my style of writing. I was never caught and teachers always commented on how it was obvious I hadn't plagiarised as it was so clear it was my writing style :LOL: other people were caught out as they wrote in a real formal, academic way which was clearly not theirs :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
After the painting thing, I'm even more convinced than before that her book is just a collection of bits of other books rewritten in Grace's terrible writing style
agree - i highly doubt she brings any new ideas to the table in her book, the bits shes shared so far could literally be the same extract each time and I wouldn’t notice because its so hard to draw any clear meaning out of them ..

Also i was flicking through her ‘💭 📖’ story highlights and it’s actually laughable how much she gushes about how hard shes was working and how shes done ‘10 hours of editing’ for example - when writing a book bashing hustle culture ?? I know this has been said time and time again here but does she really lack the self awareness to realise almost everything she does online (and everything that makes her money) perpetuates the exact things shes attempting to call out ??

Seems like her whole life revolves around hustle culture - copying someone elses art work whilst timelapsing it to give the impression that her painting was a unique idea? - she couldnt just paint something using all her own ideas as theres no guarantee it'll be ‘good’ or worth the time she put into it but copying someone elses work guarantees that she’ll like the outcome without having to put in as much effort as if she did something original. Same with her book, likely a collection of other peoples ideas, scattered with anecdotes about her life so she can say shes written a book and tick off another thing on her bucket list - it may be plagiarised and mediocre but it’s something else to brag about and fits her narrative of being a b0$$ babE that is good at everything that she does

Reactions: 35
Lol you don’t do a viva for undergrad music....stop with your pseudo-intellectual lies Grease

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I asked a friend who went to Oxford and they said they didn't do one so if Grace did I would be very confused. I didn't know what one was until I started my PhD.

Reactions: 14
I asked a friend who went to Oxford and they said they didn't do one so if Grace did I would be very confused. I didn't know what one was until I started my PhD.
I knew this was a thing in PHDs but never knew the term for it and would consider myself relatively intelligent, she just likes to use terms that maybe her fans won't know to imply how much cleverer she is than them imo (or maybe I am just an idiot for not knowing that lol)

Reactions: 7
My boyfriend had to do one for his undergraduate in engineering, not Oxford type uni so it's possible

Reactions: 4
I went to ox and only some science subjects had vivas at undergrad. She's so obnoxious.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.