Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was about to post about this - her painting is heavily heavily inspired by @josephinezentner. She acknowledged that in her story today, but why wouldn’t she mention the artist in the original post before she got flooded with praise about how talented and creative she is?

It’s also kinda confusing - she is claiming she was originally just drawing the statues in her home, and happened to stumble across this artist which inspired her, but the paintings are so similar in style that I don’t buy it. Also notice how she didn’t post a picture of the art which actually inspired her - I’ve attached the art that she actually ripped off.
urgh this pure rubs me up the wrong way because there is nothing wrong with copying an artist's work to practice or even to put up in your own home where only you and a few people will see it, but to do so and post it on your story to a million people and basically pass it off as your own/a strange coincidence that you have the same styles is so shady to me.
Seems like she realised that after the fact and panic-posted the artist she took 'inspo' from to avoid criticism

Reactions: 48
urgh this pure rubs me up the wrong way because there is nothing wrong with copying an artist's work to practice or even to put up in your own home where only you and a few people will see it, but to do so and post it on your story to a million people and basically pass it off as your own/a strange coincidence that you have the same styles is so shady to me.
Seems like she realised that after the fact and panic-posted the artist she took 'inspo' from to avoid criticism
Yes! All the while lapping up the comments on her post about her talent and creativeness....
her story which shows the clear “inspiration” for her painting will be gone in less than 24 hours. If she had any respect for the artist she would tag them in her actual post.

Reactions: 33
Yes! All the while lapping up the comments on her post about her talent and creativeness....
her story which shows the clear “inspiration” for her painting will be gone in less than 24 hours. If she had any respect for the artist she would tag them in her actual post.
I’ve added it to the wiki hahah. The fact the artist had so few followers compared with GB makes it all the more gross 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I just imagine her reaction if someone plaigarised Tala products or Shreddy's design or something and posted it as just a coincidence...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Didn’t she freak out about someone else selling bands with the peach emoji?
Yeah and then encouraged her entire squad to rip into the girl for a whole day, then when it got to the point where it was like actually borderline bullying, she tried to take the moral high ground. The whole thing is still on the gfg group

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
she’s so full of 💩 acting like she was drawing that style BEFORE seeing the other artists work?
ok hun 🥴
this is the thing with grease she sometimes
does decent stuff (the vigil, one or
two other things ever) then straight away spoils it by being a massive fraud and liar 😫
Going to the vigil was the bare minimum when it's pretty much on her doorstep

Reactions: 20
I think Grace is on her own Elizabeth Holmes type of fraud journey. They also look similar and i feel like she channels the same type of dressing that mimicks Steve Jobs (black turtlenecks, black blazer etc).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think Grace is on her own Elizabeth Holmes type of fraud journey. They also look similar and i feel like she channels the same type of dressing that mimicks Steve Jobs (black turtlenecks, black blazer etc).
It’s like you read my mind!

Reactions: 2
Sidenote, did you see she's pregnant?! Way to delay the trial even further aha

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I can't believe that she hasn't credited the artist in the post seeing as it is a blatant copy. If she'd straight out said 'I was inspired by X and tried to imitate their work' I think that would be fine, but she obviously has only tagged them in the stories to cover her own back.

It's insulting to act like she painted it from an original idea that came to her as inspiration, as if she's such as ~multitalented artist boss babe~ that she barely had to try, when the original artist would have spent hours perfecting that style as their own

Reactions: 44
I can't believe that she hasn't credited the artist in the post seeing as it is a blatant copy. If she'd straight out said 'I was inspired by X and tried to imitate their work' I think that would be fine, but she obviously has only tagged them in the stories to cover her own back.

It's insulting to act like she painted it from an original idea that came to her as inspiration, as if she's such as ~multitalented artist boss babe~ that she barely had to try, when the original artist would have spent hours perfecting that style as their own
Right?? She is so shady. Even in her stories, clearly she purposefully avoided adding the exact pieces that inspired her. Ngl, after I saw her stories I was still kinda impressed with her. I was like, I can definitely see the inspiration, but I still like her own spin on it, kudos....

...Then I came here and saw the artist's OTHER work, I was like yeah ok thats a blatant copy. 🙄 Shame on me for taking her word for anything I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Also no shade to the artist but does anyone find it uncomfortable when a white artist (or grace) uses the imagery of black women's bodies to sell art? I mean I know it's in a positive light and the art is beautiful but when it's a white woman using it for aesthetics it feels exploitative. I might be wrong but interested to hear others opinions!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Also no shade to the artist but does anyone find it uncomfortable when a white artist (or grace) uses the imagery of black women's bodies to sell art? I mean I know it's in a positive light and the art is beautiful but when it's a white woman using it for aesthetics it feels exploitative. I might be wrong but interested to hear others opinions!
I know what you mean, I think it's a difficult one and probably down to interpretations of each piece/artist? If there's a variety of women depicted and WOC are depicted to give an inclusivity to the piece I don't see an issue (unless it is tokenistic), however sexualising WOC's bodies and profiting off pieces solely depicting them as a white artist is questionable to me. Similar to male artists profiting from sexualised women's bodies for example - it's all about the power imbalance inherent in the gaze of the artist vs subject.
I am a white woman saying this though so obviously don't have the perspective

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Also the fact that even when she posted the artist’s work she tried to make out like her painting was initially inspired by the art work in her house and then mid way through she coincidentally say the artist’s work and used that as inspo? Make it make sense please

Reactions: 17
Is she still vegan? Just curious as that burger on her story (I think she may have deleted it) looked amazing, but not vegan - and if it is I want to know where she got it!

Reactions: 1
Sidenote, did you see she's pregnant?! Way to delay the trial even further aha
I was actually livid! Imagine her company existed at a time like now, with the pandemic. She would have endangered hundreds of thousands. Seems pretty convenient ngl & also another example of how white privelege continues to prevail.

Reactions: 3
Is she still vegan? Just curious as that burger on her story (I think she may have deleted it) looked amazing, but not vegan - and if it is I want to know where she got it!
I think it was vegan tbh. I recently only eat vegan burgers (except for the occasional burger from McDonalds) and they nowadays look very much like meat even though they're not. It did look sooo good!

Reactions: 6
I think it was vegan tbh. I recently only eat vegan burgers (except for the occasional burger from McDonalds) and they nowadays look very much like meat even though they're not. It did look sooo good!
Agreed - was the ‘bacon’ and cheese that threw me off! You can get amazing vegan burgers now but I’ve yet to find a cheese that melts that well, or bacon that looks that authentic. I wish she’d tagged the restaurant.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.