Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah the drawing is good and nice house too- but why the constant need for validation?! paint a pic and send it to your mates on what’s app, send it to your sisters/family don’t get why the need to upload to insta with the fast forward of it actually being painted?

so many influencers esp grace seem to have huge unmet needs for praise, validation and acknowledgment in their real lives.
conversation with self but opinions welcome- is it a predisposition of
influencers to come into this line of work with these characteristics or is this something that develop as a result of years of constant (over) sharing?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
yeah i felt kinda sad for her that it was supposed to be a relaxing thing to do, yet she still felt the need to set the camera up behind her to film the whole thing

• Heart
Reactions: 34
in a way i can see why she wouldn’t want to post her going to the vigil if that was where she was. it would’ve come back with a lot of criticism (potentially from tattlers surrounding social distancing, despite the circumstances). as much as i think it would’ve been a good use of her platform to show solidarity and support for the cause and to raise awareness, from experience talking about things like this only bring up trauma from my own experiences, and with her mentioning ptsd and the level of security in her house before i’d imagine she wouldn’t exactly be keen to do the same
edit: Emerald (housemate) posted the vigil on her story last night. big respect to grace on this one

Reactions: 19
yeah the drawing is good and nice house too- but why the constant need for validation?! paint a pic and send it to your mates on what’s app, send it to your sisters/family don’t get why the need to upload to insta with the fast forward of it actually being painted?

so many influencers esp grace seem to have huge unmet needs for praise, validation and acknowledgment in their real lives.
conversation with self but opinions welcome- is it a predisposition of
influencers to come into this line of work with these characteristics or is this something that develop as a result of years of constant (over) sharing?
THIS. I think it’s insecurity if I’m honest. I would never have thought that til i started my own therapy journey (was v lucky to get it through work health insurance)

the things people shout the loudest about are those they need validation for. With grace it is absolutely everything 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Completely agree, she couldn’t just do painting for fun with friends, she had to go all in and be the best and now people are wanting prints of it of course ....
funny how none of the others posted their paintings in the way grace did. She was clearly waiting for the “is there anything you can’t do”. And also clearly copied the style that she has now posted on her stories.

Reactions: 22
Completely agree, she couldn’t just do painting for fun with friends, she had to go all in and be the best and now people are wanting prints of it of course ....
funny how none of the others posted their paintings in the way grace did. She was clearly waiting for the “is there anything you can’t do”. And also clearly copied the style that she has now posted on her stories.
It makes me feel sad like @eucalyptus said. As much as she preaches that productivity isn't everything she seems so trapped in productivity culture. You can do something fun like painting and you don't have to be good at it. Being perfect at everything you do is not going to make you happy. She feels like she needs to succeed at everything she does. It's not a very healthy mindset to have.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I was about to post about this - her painting is heavily heavily inspired by @josephinezentner. She acknowledged that in her story today, but why wouldn’t she mention the artist in the original post before she got flooded with praise about how talented and creative she is?

It’s also kinda confusing - she is claiming she was originally just drawing the statues in her home, and happened to stumble across this artist which inspired her, but the paintings are so similar in style that I don’t buy it. Also notice how she didn’t post a picture of the art which actually inspired her - I’ve attached the art that she actually ripped off.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I was about to post about this - her painting is heavily heavily inspired by @josephinezentner. She acknowledged that in her story today, but why wouldn’t she mention the artist in the original post before she got flooded with praise about how talented and creative she is?

It’s also kinda confusing - she is claiming she was originally just drawing the statues in her home, and happened to stumble across this artist which inspired her, but the paintings are so similar so I don’t buy it. Also notice how how she didn’t post a picture of the art which actually inspired her - I’ve attached the art that she actually ripped off.
100%, what a coincidence that she suddenly stumbled across this artist’s work lol

Reactions: 38

It’s also kinda confusing - she is claiming she was originally just drawing the statues in her home, and happened to stumble across this artist which inspired her, but the paintings are so similar in style that I don’t buy it. Also notice how she didn’t post a picture of the art which actually inspired her - I’ve attached the art that she actually ripped off.
Its Grez so yeah whatever she SAYS happened is almost certainly a bastardisation of the truth 😅

Reactions: 14
she’s so full of 💩 acting like she was drawing that style BEFORE seeing the other artists work?
ok hun 🥴
this is the thing with grease she sometimes
does decent stuff (the vigil, one or
two other things ever) then straight away spoils it by being a massive fraud and liar 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Excuse me??? I don’t know what you’re trying to imply, grez would NEVER copy someone else’s work and pass it off as her own 💁🏻‍♀️💁🏻‍♀️🤣 cough unpaid content creators cough

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She would have known that someone would catch her out on this but she is so obsessed with being the most talented/amazing/original/unique/creative boss babe, that she just went ahead and tried to pass that art style off as her own anyway😩
It’s just embarrassing tho like girl its OKAY to be inspired by someone, its OKAY to even copy them! Just give them credit ffs

Reactions: 33
I don’t think Grace knows there’s a difference between inspired and copied...

There is absolutely no way that she just so happened to be painting her statues in the EXACT same style as that artist...

She could have said something like “I absolutely love the style of this artist, so I decided to paint my statues and make something in that style for my living room” but nooooo Grace has to be so good that she just so happens to think of it all on her own, and then just so happens across an artist that paints in the exact same style.... yeah whatever Grace 🙄

Last edited:
I don't get that latest story, is she implying people were wanting to buy her work?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't get that latest story, is she implying people were wanting to buy her work?!
There's clowns in her comments saying they want to buy it/get it as a print. It's selfish of her to initially pass it off as her own work when there's people who were clearly willing to spend money on that style of art; she should've pointed people in the direction of the original artist to begin with.

The fact that she credited the artist only today makes me think someone (maybe even the artist?) messaged her about it so she hastily made that story to cover herself. But she was posting about the painting loads over the weekend, even posting a story saying that she inspired by her statues... and all the while nothing about the artist despite clearly using her work as a reference the whole time. And even now she is still being sneaky about it - claiming she was inspired by that particular painting in her stories, even though there’s other paintings from the artist which are clearly the ones she actually copied. I'm guessing she wants people to think she was just ~inspired~ rather than outright copied the style lol.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
I don't wanna be that person but does anyone else think Grace has just copied oenone with the recent posts about creating your own art. Probably a coincidence but someone pointed out before that she copies a lot of what she does!
I thought this aswell!! Every time she does the same as Oenone I think it’s a coincidence but it’s been so many times now!

Reactions: 12
I don’t understand why she does this tit to be honest. It seems like a stupid risk to take just for some praise. Surely the risk of getting accused of plagiarism massively outweighs insignificant validation? You have it drilled into you at university that a) plagiarism is bad and b) if you try it, you will get caught immediately, so it’s not like she hasn’t been taught this lesson already.

Also - the artist follows her and she doesn’t follow them??

• Wow
  • Haha
I don’t understand why she does this tit to be honest. It seems like a stupid risk to take just for some praise. Surely the risk of getting accused of plagiarism massively outweighs insignificant validation? You have it drilled into you at university that a) plagiarism is bad and b) if you try it, you will get caught immediately, so it’s not like she hasn’t been taught this lesson already.

Also - the artist follows her and she doesn’t follow them??
From what someone said here before, plagiarism was part of her uni work ethos as well....
Her desperate narcissism makes me so uncomfortable. However, I think she has also low key been shadow banned on insta (on my burner account that I follow on) as I have to search her to find her stories etc. Wonder if its cos of all the complaints?!?

Reactions: 12

That's crazy, I thought when she posted this artist's work is that she obviously copied it to an extent but didn't realise how much!! No way she was inspired by her statues. No chance in the world. What is actually wrong with her 🤣

Reactions: 16
Now I know it wasn’t an original
idea, and now we’ve seen the artists work she copied, I really don’t think this is that great

C2989A1B-1CA6-4184-B389-E4C434A90200.jpeg
21F2C15E-E4E4-4954-9F89-0DA8AC62E108.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.