Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I make a note not to buy from places that send free food to influencers during a pandemic when food bank usage is up. So gross, and they must get her details from somewhere to send it, and if if visible to companies so they can send stuff without asking, surely a blanket message of no thanks, I'm a privelledged millionaire who can more than bleeping afford it. So gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also she's saying she's having problems with her wound healing but is wearing tight, ill-fitting bras/leggings instead of just sitting around in comfies and allowing her body TO heal? I just wanna give her head a wobble tbh

Reactions: 25
Funny how she insists she doesn’t want to promote the idea that if you just work hard enough you’ll be successful, yet gives her true feelings away by sharing stuff like this.

duck the “grit” concept. If you’re not familiar, it’s basically the concept that the most successful people possess this particular personally trait, perseverance i.e. grit. In other words, it ignores how family wealth, schooling, luck, etc contributes to how successful a child will be. It’s basically the classic American Dream narrative that tells you as long as your try to cultivate “grit”, you can be successful. But what about the poor kids who have persevered in crappy circumstances - surely they of all people have grit. It’s their socioeconomic background that holds them back, not grit.

Anyway, would love to hear what Grace thinks she ‘persevered’ with in terms of business and what she is referring to re: delayed gratification. Her business got off the ground within a year and was hugely successful... it’s not like she had to push through loads of set backs in setting up her business like she is suggesting here.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Grace thinks delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Funny how she insists she doesn’t want to promote the idea that if you just work hard enough you’ll be successful, yet gives her true feelings away by sharing stuff like this.

duck the “grit” concept. If you’re not familiar, it’s basically the concept that the most successful people possess this particular personally trait, perseverance i.e. grit. In other words, it ignores how family wealth, schooling, luck, etc contributes to how successful a child will be. It’s basically the classic American Dream narrative that tells you as long as your try to cultivate “grit”, you can be successful. But what about the poor kids who have persevered in crappy circumstances - surely they of all people have grit. It’s their socioeconomic background that holds them back, not grit.

Anyway, would love to hear what Grace thinks she ‘persevered’ with in terms of business and what she is referring to re: delayed gratification. Her business got off the ground within a year and was hugely successful... it’s not like she had to push through loads of set backs in setting up her business like she is suggesting here.
Agreed, hate this "you're poor because you're lazy" rhetoric. It's insulting af. Basically per this article:

1. Mental toughness builds the foundation for long term success. So if you are weak minded you are guaranteed to fail.
2. Successful people delay gratification. What does this even mean though. And for Grace this couldn't be further from the truth, she bleeping celebrates everything in her life, in 2020 she celebrated her "hard work" by going to Greece (not counting France because she went there to "visit mummy") and same with Dubai. And also getting showered with flowers and cards for getting her drivers license? OR if she is just having a bad day???
3. Successful people withstand temptation. This is laughable considering that Grace's walk in closet is bigger than my bedroom, and is constantly accepting free tit from companies during a pandemic. And travelled at least three times during the pandemic. Bought herself a hot tub and never uses it. Must I go on??

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Agreed, hate this "you're poor because you're lazy" rhetoric. It's insulting af. Basically per this article:

1. Mental toughness builds the foundation for long term success. So if you are weak minded you are guaranteed to fail.
2. Successful people delay gratification. What does this even mean though. And for Grace this couldn't be further from the truth, she bleeping celebrates everything in her life, in 2020 she celebrated her "hard work" by going to Greece (not counting France because she went there to "visit mummy") and same with Dubai. And also getting showered with flowers and cards for getting her drivers license? OR if she is just having a bad day???
3. Successful people withstand temptation. This is laughable considering that Grace's walk in closet is bigger than my bedroom, and is constantly accepting free tit from companies during a pandemic. And travelled at least three times during the pandemic. Bought herself a hot tub and never uses it. Must I go on??
Wonder where that aptitude for “withstanding temptation” was when she was invited to to an illegal party during her very safe very sensible business trip to Dubai 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This is why Grace doesn’t properly acknowledge her privilege, because she doesn’t believe it. She truly thinks that if she had been born into a different family she would still have gotten into Oxford and have 2 businesses and a million pound house at 23. She genuinely believes she got there because she persevered and that’s what’s so mad about it all.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
I'm surprised she hasn't deleted or passive aggressively replied to those comments on her latest Instagram post. Especially since they're (the negative ones) are the most liked comments on the whole post. She was probably expecting her minions to attack the people calling her out.

Reactions: 11
Grace posting about delayed gratification is giving me the same vibes as this tweet

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
“Delayed gratification 🔑” is actually just more evidence of Grace’s privilege, it’s been sociologically proven that those in higher income families do better because they are taught the value of delayed gratification. Whereas those from low income families aren’t because they normally don’t have the choice!! So duck off Grace x

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hey, used to be a big Grace fan but kinda got bored and forgot about her but all this controversy has got me reading these threads like it’s a religion hahah. Just wondering when she stopped being vegan, I remember that was always such a big part of her brand.

Reactions: 17
Anyone seen these from Flora’s story? (Graces older sister). I think she has a much more mature approach to success etc. She’s obviously privileged like Grace and is an influencer/blogger and has that as her main income source but she comes across as way more levelheaded!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
More gifted food.... what happened to refusing it and giving to those in need?

• Wow
Reactions: 27
It's her birthday tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled for any Covidiotry 👀

I think she'd be the world's biggest moron to slip up and reveal she invited people over/gets her makeup done etc, but then again this is the same girl who went to a party in Dubai and didn't think people would find out despite it being attended by a bunch of influencers who film everything. I remember around Christmas she said something about wanting to throw a big party with her friends if she can and I was like... read the news, that's not gonna happen lol.

Basically if she doesn't show much of her evening on Instagram I'll just assume she is breaking the rules since she always posts loads for her birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
“Delayed gratification 🔑” is actually just more evidence of Grace’s privilege, it’s been sociologically proven that those in higher income families do better because they are taught the value of delayed gratification. Whereas those from low income families aren’t because they normally don’t have the choice!! So duck off Grace x
So true, FFS she is next level arrogant, clueless, and narrow minded.

Reactions: 8
All I have to say is ... really

I genuinely have no words anymore... what’s this the 3rd box of free food since she asked for recommendations?

Like she thinks people would have forgotten by now that only 3 weeks ago she said she wouldn’t accept/would donate it 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.