Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think she has a tendency to exaggerate which is probably where the anaphylaxis thing has come from. Like when she said she has half lung capacity, which would put her at much higher risk of covid than others her age. Her exaggerations come to bite her back in the arse eventually. Honestly, it’s something I did a lot as a teenager that I actively try not to do now, as a very over dramatic person, her behaviours seem so blatant to me and it makes me think ‘oh god, is that how I sound to other people!?!’
I heard from someone at Uni that she claimed to have lost her memory for 6 months and therefore needed to have her coursemates’ notes and essays. Interesting that it coincided with finals exams.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

sunday3

Ditto to all of the above!!! She's basically having a conversation with herself about herself and her habits? Because personally I can't relate to any of it and all of the people who said it was relatable probably work in social media 🤔 Also....does she realise ....SHE'S part of the problem making ppl feel shit about not reading/working/exercising enough?!? What a weirdo

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
That’s the thing, grace thinks everyone is mindless haters, but actually most people were ex fans who’ve been put off by her behaviours or the way she’s personally spoke to them
100% this! I really liked Grace when she started out, the whole ‘cardio and abs only’ as exercise was really entrenched for me and honestly Grace was the first person I saw who made me start lifting weights and not being afraid of getting bulky. I really liked that she was going to uni unlike a lot of influencers her age (obv there’s studytubers but a lot of the ‘lifestyle’ or whatever ones don’t go) as I was also at uni so found that more relatable knowing she didn’t just have endless hours a day to exercise. I think maybe she doesn’t realise that actually when you genuinely liked someone first of all, it’s a huge fall for us as her audience to see what she’s become and it makes me more critical of her than other influencers that I never liked because she’s more of a disappointment. It also feels deceptive and gaslighty because it makes you wonder whether maybe she was only ever putting on this friendlier persona to build her audience which has been the foundation for her being this awful person that she is now. To say stuff akin to ‘I’m just going to ignore all these haters and criticism because it’s not my business’ well it is your business Grace, it was your business when we were here supporting you and following your platforms, it’s immature to write as off as ‘haters’ - perhaps we can see things about you that you can’t?

• Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Guys 👀
6B80E733-D00F-4BD5-8397-75104FC0B577.jpeg

He has def been made aware of Grace’s part in this. The suspense is real! He is the one that did the big video about Zoella’s calendar so I don’t think he cares about Gleam

• Haha
  • Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
I went on the vid to see some comments and how she can claim she is being transparent is beyond me. Other highlights
1) a Stan saying she’s stated multiple times she does not come from money (when your fans actually think you’ve had a working class upbringing and think you’ve directly said it, opposite of transparent)
2) “the V&A is the private sector, do some research k t he salaries”. Original comment relied to is deleted but can assume this is a clap back to something about her mum’s wealth. Can only assume she means public sector, where yes salaries are typically lower. But she literally insinuates her mum earns peanuts here and that is insulting
3) grez back to being patronising. Saying she’s addressed money, when it’s clear she’s brushed over it and planted seeds in people’s heads instead
4) says she acknowledges education, family and colour of skin as priviledge. The way she skirts and uses “family” instead of saying financial is another sneaky move
Yeah, I'm really confused about the V&A 'private sector' comment; I'm assuming that was her not understanding public v private lol.

Also, if she was trying to say that her mum's salary isn't that high, she is proving the entire point people are making about how insanely privileged her family is. So her mum isn't on a millionaire's salary, yet lives in a multimillion £ house and can afford to treat her kids to a millionaire lifestyle (private school, house in the south of France, bespoke music training). So she has that money somewhere - yeah, it might not be from a salary, but is is probably from the millions left by her father.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Pandaxo

I know what I’m voting 🥰
I went to uni with Georgia, her and her byf were hated by a lot of people on campus for having majorly alt right views. Her partner was known as UKIP. She started this whole lazy student after graduating, apparently she did not do well at uni, but I can’t confirm her grades.

• Haha
  • Wow

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I do wish I read more, but I don't need to be repeatedly told "if you have time for [easy meaningless activity], you have time for [strenuous meaningful activity]" by someone that is not obliged to have strenuous, comparatively inflexible work as part of their daily life. Like sure, I have the time, but do I have the energy? Not really, at least none that can be inspired by telling me I'm being lazy for wanting to switch off for a bit.

Doing an undergraduate degree isn't easy, but if all you have to do is 10 contact hours a week plus 10 hours of independent (flexible) study, and you are funded by your parents, it's just different to having 40 set hours obligatorily blocked out by work. Grace has never had a normal job whilst financially independent so I'm not sure why she thinks it's appropriate to present her advice as generally applicable.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Loool someone is telling me back in the day she got a gracefit uk guide back in the day and it was useless so she started selling them on depop and sold like 100 copies 🤣🤣 then Grace heard about it and left a comment threatening to sue her if she didn’t stop 😭 how cringe

• Haha

Mamacita

VIP Member
Pretty cheeky of her posting about India human rights violations when she's clearly not bothered about dubai 🙄

Jjjjaaaak

I didn’t think I could dislike her any more, but watching her waffle on for 20 mins saying absolutely nothing apart from nuance and then follow it up with stories about how she will continue shouting about her businesses as much as she wants and reminding us she’s a woman has just done it for me. The actual meme wasn’t meant to be just about her but she’s made it all about her again. She needs to hire a PR advisor ASAP. She’s just making things worse and worse for herself

Her privilege is that extensive she has genuinely misunderstood the entire point of this discussion

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Noahfence

its very telling for me that she felt the need to address this considering how much she's distanced herself from social media - i think a lot of people on here even pointed out this viral tweet was much bigger than people having a problem with her, and was more of a general comment on privilege and influencers in light of all the Dubai nonsense recently. She could have done a 30 second video saying she agreed with the sentiment and that she is extremely privileged. No one would take from that that shes a bad person. Bad would be using this to frame herself as the victim, and promote her book... oh wait

• Heart
  • Sad

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’m so over hearing people with generational wealth bleat on about working hard, most people ‘work hard’ and the people who I would say work the hardest are those who physical work, long hours on their feet all day like nurses, retail staff, people who collect the bins. What Grace/people of her ilk don’t seem to realise is her working hard is not why she is successful otherwise all the people I’ve just mentioned would be rich as well. She’s successful because she has parents with money, connections, a private school background. It’s not a confounding factor to be mentioned alongside her ‘hard’ work. It’s directly constitutive of her success. She could’ve worked ‘less’ hard and still been as successful because that’s how that whole privilege works. For someone who is soooo educated she’s not very smart.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
I never watch Grace’s videos but a picture just came up on my explore of her new book. Who tf is buying a book on how to work hard from the daughter of two millionaires? Everyone could launch a risky business if they know they have their parents house and money as a safety net. Most people don’t, so most of us get a job after uni. Seriously, wtf is inspiring about a rich person becoming more rich? If she was a man she’d have been laughed out the publishers office for pitching the idea of this book, but somehow being a woman means she can label herself as a girl boss instead of another privileged kid of upper class parents.

• Heart
  • Haha