Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
I remember a few years ago she went off on Twitter because another influencer had ‘ripped off’ her resistance bands that had the peach emoji design. She implied she was pursuing legal action but don't think anything came of it. She doesn't own Apple's peach emoji and as much as she likes to claim, she didn't invent fabric resistance bands.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
I’m not a book editor (actually a content manager) but Jesus Christ if that poorly written drivel landed in my approve box, it would have red crosses all over it!

Her use of punctuation is appalling, her sentences are way too long with way too many commas and her writing style is just completely jumbled. Why does she use so many hyphens??? Her sentences would have so much more ~nuance~ if she used full stops where they’re supposed to be used.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Btw I suffered through the podcast she did that came out today (Secret Leaders) - nothing really new, just the usual stuff we've come to expect from her.
  • Makes her favourite claim that Oxford were watching her every move and had a vendetta against boss babe CEOs: "any suspicion that I wasn’t doing anything up to standard would have resulted in some sort of action which I wouldn’t have liked." She's so dramatic, can promise you they were aware and did not care.
  • The hosts ask her about her biggest tip for productivity. They also ask her to be succinct (presumably because of her rambling before), and of course she rambles on anyway for 5 minutes about her number one productivity tip: getting an Executive Assistant! She then says later that she isn't saying everyone should get an EA because that's obviously ridiculous and not possible for everyone. But still says that she only started balancing her time/setting boundaries as soon as she got the EA. So somehow she is writing a book detailing her personal tips on how to be productive in a healthy way, meanwhile admitting these habits only started when her EA started holding her hand. I'm starting to think the EA should be writing this book, not Grace.
  • Finds it hard to distinguish between trolling and critique, to no one's surprise.
  • Talks about when she posted a recap of her amazing life since university and took it down after people said it was insensitive. She agrees it was insensitive, but then goes on to say how she thinks business owners are critiqued more for going on holidays when they are women. No Grace, people critiqued you for your holidays because you went during a pandemic and behaved like an anti-masker covidiot.
  • References the white feminist book Lean In. Says she doesn't agree with everything in the book but uses it to back up her point about rich women being treated differently to rich men. So many women of colour have written thorough critiques about how harmful that book is and she needs to stop promoting it.
Did you notice she said she had a week off after she finished her book writing, but completely failed to mention the fact she spent that week getting lit in dubai at illegal parties 🤣

• Haha

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
also people who have busy full time jobs that involve a lot of reading etc do no want to spent their spare time reading articles. I spent each day Monday - Friday in front of a computer working hard. In my spare time I’m not reading articles to “better myself” thanks and I doubt many people in a full time busy job would either

Reactions: 42

greenvelvet

VIP Member
this is kind of unrelated but does anyone know what happened with her boyfriend?
She hasn’t publicly discussed what happened with her relationships with any of them other than in her deleted breakup video. Aaron seems a bit off, judging by his lyrics and talking about lockdown as if it is somehow unjustified. I don’t think it’s fair to speculate on what happened. I do however want to highlight the fact that Aaron doesn’t really seem like a good person once you look at his public content and stop thinking about how he came across in Grace’s old videos.

I want to highlight it because I used to think he seemed really nice, honest, ethical and humble and think that other people might think this about him too. In light of some recent events, I don’t feel comfortable contributing to or watching a narrative where he was a good person and she wasn’t, same with any of her relationships, because it just feels a bit too close to the “X was really nice and Y was terrible, X would NEVER do anything to upset Y” angle, which as a narrative does a real number on people (as in everyone who is, not anyone in particular) in abusive relationships.

Edit: TW for abuse - without baiting out my life too much, my abuser was a pillar of the community and even as a child, when I misbehaved, adults in the community would say “what would [abuser’s name] think”, which fucked my head immensely. the one time I did report it, the adult didn’t believe me and thought I was lying for attention. a whole safeguarding system failed partly because people trusted my abuser and thought I was an annoying, needy child. So I’m really on edge about this sort of “I like X, I don’t like Y, X probably did nothing wrong” thing

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

burnerboi

have just been reading some of the posts on wednesday about grace bringing up her abuse (this thread has probably moved on by now lol) but just wanted to say i went to oxford at the same time as grace/we have mutual friends, and was told by a friend of hers that the abuse came from aaron. he was very controlling, she would post herself at dinner/out with friends on insta after they'd broken up and soon after he would turn up. i think she might even have had to look into getting a restraining order but was told this a while ago so don't want to say it as a fact. of course i think the criticisms of her on this forum are extremely valid and it was out of place for her to bring up abuse to distract from her privilege, but i only felt it fair to say that the abuse/ptsd she referred to wasn't trivial.

• Sad
  • Wow

aemee321

Chatty Member
1612044976953.png
Lol maybe I'm reading into this but Grace has never lived in that house in non-covid times. Why get MonMon to move in when you can just break the rules as per hehe xx

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
wtf is it with rich kids boasting about their scholarships??? its a weird kind of status symbol--used to downplay their family's wealth when being with middle/lower class people. of course, in elitist circles, it's a matter of showing off how intelligent, talented & hard working they are. do they realize that some people's education & thus career depends on scholarships? that some people might have to give up on higher education because a privileged & privately educated kid with a first class cv and recommendation letters from their parent's friends got the scholarship instead? (not saying this happened to grace but you get my point)

[I get that wealthy parents often want to teach their children a lesson by not supplying them with infinite amounts of money, making them work and sort their finances on their own (so they can build their own empire before the trust fund kicks in!). still, I can't get over the absurdity of it all]

• Heart

katy_16

IMG_7344.PNG

She is SUCH a shitebag: "even if that is underlined by extreme privilege in a lot of areas", listen to the stories she never actually says this! She clearly decided in hindsight it might be nice to throw it in so we can't say she didn't address her privilege...

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Typical of her to bring up abuse and shit like that when shes addressing criticism. So inappropriate

• Angry

Pixienuts1975

Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool and threw my application away’ 🤣 back in 2015
Hahahaha I got rejected with v similar grades. For me it was the pre interview ‘not-an-exam-but-totally-an-exam’ exam. Walked out like wow that was hard and my grammar school mates (who had moved to a state sixth form to try and benefit from the state school quota at ox) told me they had been practicing these tests since year 9. Another eg of the insidious privilege !

• Wow

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Why does it matter what account the questions are bein asked from theyre still valid questions? How is this trolling
1F78B1DC-6DC8-4064-8755-58A79A651D8D.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Her writing is so fucking hard to read! I have to read each sentence a few times before I actually understand what she's waffling on about.

As @cookiemunchmunch said, why is she speaking for a whole generation? I'm 27 and I'm certainly not suffering from an identity crisis or burn out, and I doubt any of Grease's teen fanbase are either. Who is the target market for this book, I'm genuinely confused

Reactions: 40