Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What so now shes begging people she finds in the DM’s to buy her book too? Kinda cringe
AEE24684-29AB-47DE-BABD-F2641E2232AB.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
What so now shes begging people she finds in the DM’s to buy her book too? Kinda cringe
View attachment 391255
Thought the exact same when I saw this ! She must be losing money haha maybe jo and John and daddy are cracking down (surely they only invest if they think they’ll get a huge return).
There’s an influencer bubble which is pretty much fit to burst

Reactions: 10
Thought the exact same when I saw this ! She must be losing money haha maybe jo and John and daddy are cracking down (surely they only invest if they think they’ll get a huge return).
There’s an influencer bubble which is pretty much fit to burst
Also ‘ik you’ve distanced yourself from everyone poking their beak into your business’??? Are we watching the same page here? She literally posts about 20 stories a day, including pics of herself getting her moles checked at the doctor the other week. How can anyone poke their beak into her business when she literally posts every intimate and private detail of her life on social media.
I just don’t get how she makes out like shes taken a step back from socials and its other people constantly hounding her for information and details of her life, when shes so very clearly still addicted to the validation of ig and puts it all out there of her own free will anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Also the bit where she says she’s basically completely changed jobs since uni by being a CEO, wasnt she harping on about being a CEO whilst doing her degree, was that not her entire personality in uni? Does she not still do ads for things on Instagram/get free products? I don’t see how that’s a complete change of jobs when she’s still an influencer playing CEO

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Also the bit where she says she’s basically completely changed jobs since uni by being a CEO, wasnt she harping on about being a CEO whilst doing her degree, was that not her entire personality in uni? Does she not still do ads for things on Instagram/get free products? I don’t see how that’s a complete change of jobs when she’s still an influencer playing CEO
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 10.26.43.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I’m sorry but Grace was basically a child when she set these up. It is a joke for her to tell everyone she did everything on her own with no help. She would’ve needed help figuring out all the actual business parts of the company: which factories to source, how to connect with the oversees producers from Portugal to “the Far East” - esp when she was jumping on the sustainable ship, given its niche characteristic she definitely needed help. And behold, we all still managed to find someone else using the same sourcing factory as TALA who was more direct and honest about it if I remember correctly (it was some dude can’t remember who). Side reminder: this Jo dude was also the one posting all the TALA job posts on LinkedIn.
It’s Marcus Butler and his girlfriend for their company nu-in fashion (@nuinfashion on Instagram) if anyone was wondering! They posted a factory tour on Instagram when they were first starting up last year. They asked a woman who worked in the factory if the way the clothes are made (recycled fabric) is more sustainable and she basically said ‘um not really’. I think someone held up another item of clothing made in the factory and it was a pair of shorts with the TALA logo on them. The IGTV is still up, it’s called 360 factory tour on the company Instagram page if anyone wants to check it out

edit: the IGTV is actually “Our factories: Clothius” and the TALA shorts are right at the end

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
OT but I think this article will interest some of you. It definitely applies to bo$$babe Grez who often downplays or misrepresents her own privilege in order to exaggerate her achievements.

https://amp.theguardian.com/comment...ional-middle-class-brits-insist-working-class
this was really interesting thanks for sharing
i’ve said this before i know but imo grace and her family are not middle class but upper class 🤷🏼‍♀️
i’m middle class (now) and can’t even recall my grandad mingling up with thatcher et al 🤮

Reactions: 20
this was really interesting thanks for sharing
i’ve said this before i know but imo grace and her family are not middle class but upper class 🤷🏼‍♀️
i’m middle class (now) and can’t even recall my grandad mingling up with thatcher et al 🤮
Grace's middle name is Margaret and it makes me cringe thinking she's possibly been named that because the family mingled with her 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
What happened to grace wanting to put out the content SHE wants or distance herself from social media at all? Is the losing of followers getting to her lol

Reactions: 12
OT but I think this article will interest some of you. It definitely applies to bo$$babe Grez who often downplays or misrepresents her own privilege in order to exaggerate her achievements.

https://amp.theguardian.com/comment...ional-middle-class-brits-insist-working-class
Great article! And Grace has taken this to another level; she knows she can't get away with calling herself working class (although she has sneakily implied she is in various interviews), so she has taken to describing herself as middle-class - even though she is the definition of upper-middle class. For someone who is apparently fine with acknowledging her privilege it's like pulling teeth to get her to admit it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I would assume that natacha would be referring to people like grace who have no qualifications etc yet sell fitness and nutritious guides just because they have the audience whilst telling people to eat 3/4 of a pitta and humous as part of their ‘shreddy’ meal ... when really a nutritionist would tell you otherwise etc as she mentioned she always gets DMs about it the food stuff and it’s frustrating on her side and doesn’t align with her ethics
I got so fed up with teenagers who still got youthful metabolisms and all the time in the world to be in the gym going on instagram and acting like they know it all that I trained to be a nutritionist last year. Basically, after finding Natacha and seeing how she's able to back up what she tells her audience- it made me painfully aware how rare that is. The amount of times I get people emailing me to say "I've been taking BCAAs from influencer and protein shakes like influencer makes, why am I not losing fat from my tummy and have abs like influencer?!" Because Influencer is 17 and only eat carrots.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Thank you! Good read. This stuck out to me:
1611054336274.png

There is a really odd thing where middle class people are always complaining about each other pretending to be working class, but...they all do it. TikTok is FULL of middle class people from London making fun of other middle class people for using trying to seem "road". Like...babe, that's you?!? They'll make fun of Tom or Lucy the middle class kid for saying "dutty choon" but they'll devote the whole next post to "bunning a zoot" listening to drill 😂 or the "waviest garms" they picked up from the thrift shop sale. I'm middle class & I see it all the time with people from similar backgrounds to me

The saddest thing is that like with Grez, I don't actually think they're mocking each other out of any sort of genuine care about classism, like it's not just that they're not self-aware - IMO they do it to subconsciously position themselves as more working class by comparison, through their apparent knowledge of working class cultures

Reactions: 19
Hi all, as requested a wiki page has been created to store anything important. Link at top.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I don’t know how grace tries to get away with being middle class. Hun, there’s not many families in UK with more class priveledge- you’re upper hun.
And yes although she never explicitly says she working class- she always does and says things to imply. E.g not being able to pay rent 🙄🙄🙄

And this is the same issue with her being a ceo (also I don’t know who rebranded influencer merch to influencer brands but it’s given them such self importance). She’s no different to Molly mae etc about being a face of a brand, other people behind the scenes doing the work. But she’s so desperate for validation she creates all this work and reading and attending events for herself. None of these other z-list celebs shove the ceo title down our throats- that’s why grace is insufferable. She’s doing the exact same thing as everyone else but bleeping good at gaslighting (all elements of her life)

Reactions: 18
But if she actually admitted her privilege and spoke about the role Gleam and Genflow have in her business it would be really interesting and unique content.

Reactions: 16
Grace is absolutely upper class and her implication that she is anything less is exactly why very obviously middle class people then decide to call themselves working class. If someone like Grace is supposedly middle class, then of course people who have slightly less than her will consider themselves working class. The wealthiest in our society are scrabbling to convince us that they were just “comfortable” and that their parents “worked hard” while they are set to inherit millions, meanwhile you’ve got parents going without meals to feed their children because a large percentage of working families are still in poverty.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Grace is absolutely upper class and her implication that she is anything less is exactly why very obviously middle class people then decide to call themselves working class. If someone like Grace is supposedly middle class, then of course people who have slightly less than her will consider themselves working class. The wealthiest in our society are scrabbling to convince us that they were just “comfortable” and that their parents “worked hard” while they are set to inherit millions, meanwhile you’ve got parents going without meals to feed their children because a large percentage of working families are still in poverty.
It's like the article says, people are obsessed with this idea of meritocracy and that if you work hard, you'll be successful. As if people who aren't rich or successful don't work hard too.

I always get that vibe from Grace's posts - that she thinks she works harder than everyone else and that is the *only* reason for her success. Saying you acknowledge your privilege doesn't actually acknowledge your privilege, babe x 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.