Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A while back while bored I had a watch over some of her old videos when I remember her having more deep forehead wrinkles. She’s definitely, at the very least had forehead Botox.
C082752A-A37C-48A8-9FF7-B417FEACB17B.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
A while back while bored I had a watch over some of her old videos when I remember her having more deep forehead wrinkles. She’s definitely, at the very least had forehead Botox. View attachment 386261
this is so sad ( the situation not the forehead lines) for someone who proclaims to be FeMinIst i’m actually really surprised she ascribes to such patriarchal “beauty standards” - which we all know are rooted in capitalism and white supremacy.

Reactions: 13
Hey all I just recovered from covid and I want to circle back to Grace talking about having bad asthma and whatever lung capacity she claimed to have- she's honestly really stupid for not wearing masks in public and also incredibly lucky she hasn't caught it if her lungs are as bad as she claims.
I hope you’re fully okay now! glad to hear you’ve recovered 💚

this is so sad ( the situation not the forehead lines) for someone who proclaims to be FeMinIst i’m actually really surprised she ascribes to such patriarchal “beauty standards” - which we all know are rooted in capitalism and white supremacy.
This really annoys me about her - she even said outright she doesn’t believe in this type of privilege (on Twitter ages ago, can’t find the tweet) - but I’m not surprised given she won’t recognise factors in her success if they’re not related to her hard work. But it’s so entrenched in misogyny and racism that to ignore it is to feed into it I think, and to feed into consumerism (by normalising the pursuit of beauty, primarily through products etc.) which isn’t very sustainable

I find this really common with a certain type of woman celebrity, like they’re famous in a field ostensibly for demonstrating some sort of skill (in Grace’s case, fitness), but conventional attractiveness comes into it hugely. It’s like the biggest elephant in the room. And they never admit it - think Jorja Smith and Dua Lipa. I think Jorja at least writes most of her own songs and I do like Dua as a person, but there’s no way that many people would produce and write like that for a woman that wasn’t conventionally stunning :/ it reinforces the glass ceiling for women in media, entertainment and the arts that they don’t talk about it IMO. it also makes me think about how many creeps are in the industry that aren’t getting recognised, how much control they have over which woman gets big, and therefore even how safe it is to talk about it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I hope you’re fully okay now! glad to hear you’ve recovered 💚

This really annoys me about her - she even said outright she doesn’t believe in this type of privilege (on Twitter ages ago, can’t find the tweet) - but I’m not surprised given she won’t recognise factors in her success if they’re not related to her hard work. But it’s so entrenched in misogyny and racism that to ignore it is to feed into it I think, and to feed into consumerism (by normalising the pursuit of beauty, primarily through products etc.) which isn’t very sustainable

I find this really common with a certain type of woman celebrity, like they’re famous in a field ostensibly for demonstrating some sort of skill (in Grace’s case, fitness), but conventional attractiveness comes into it hugely. It’s like the biggest elephant in the room. And they never admit it - think Jorja Smith and Dua Lipa. I think Jorja at least writes most of her own songs and I do like Dua as a person, but there’s no way that many people would produce and write like that for a woman that wasn’t conventionally stunning :/ it reinforces the glass ceiling for women in media, entertainment and the arts that they don’t talk about it IMO. it also makes me think about how many creeps are in the industry that aren’t getting recognised, how much control they have over which woman gets big, and therefore even how safe it is to talk about it
Agree with all of this. I think I remember what you mean, Grace said something like she didn’t think whether you’re beautiful or not has an affect on professional success? Which obviously is crap. Likewise with Dua. I’m not saying she’s not talented but she can’t honestly believe she’d be where she is if she wasn’t conventionally attractive and thin?

Reactions: 14
What concerns me about the botox and now the dramatic teeth changes is that we know from watching other influencers that they rarely ever stop there. I think a lot of influencers find themselves in an endless toxic cycle of thinking about what they need to fix about their face next. I think it's how you get influencers with insane filler because they're so deep into critiquing their appearance that they have no objective sense of what they look like anymore. I just think Grace could be on the precipice of this toxic cycle - I still don't think she has had any filler yet, but I feel like it is absolutely on the cards if she continues hanging out with people from Love Island and going to clinics which will start offering her that stuff for free.

I just think that if you can’t be content with a forehead line or the height of your eyebrows when you’re 23, how on earth will you cope when you actually start ageing? I think she has had some sort of shift in mindset re: her appearance, because I feel like it's only over the past year that she has started using face filters every time she posts and posing in a particular way to make sure her lips look their biggest... generally trying to conform more to the 'insta' standard of attractiveness. It's sad because one of the things I liked about her was that she didn't edit/filter her pictures (I know she is the kween of angles, but I appreciated that she would never edit/filter her face like most influencers).

The cosmetic treatments/surgery discussions often get reduced to "your body, your choice!", and I get that stance, but at the same time I find it worrying that people in their early 20s are making dramatic (sometimes permanent) changes to their faces in response to minor imperfections.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It really bothers me that Tala steals pics from Pinterest/other Instas. Comes off as so lazy. You would think they would take their own photos? It’s not that hard to take an ~aesthetic~ photo.

Reactions: 17
What concerns me about the botox and now the dramatic teeth changes is that we know from watching other influencers that they rarely ever stop there. I think a lot of influencers find themselves in an endless toxic cycle of thinking about what they need to fix about their face next. I think it's how you get influencers with insane filler because they're so deep into critiquing their appearance that they have no objective sense of what they look like anymore. I just think Grace could be on the precipice of this toxic cycle - I still don't think she has had any filler yet, but I feel like it is absolutely on the cards if she continues hanging out with people from Love Island and going to clinics which will start offering her that stuff for free.

I just think that if you can’t be content with a forehead line or the height of your eyebrows when you’re 23, how on earth will you cope when you actually start ageing? I think she has had some sort of shift in mindset re: her appearance, because I feel like it's only over the past year that she has started using face filters every time she posts and posing in a particular way to make sure her lips look their biggest... generally trying to conform more to the 'insta' standard of attractiveness. It's sad because one of the things I liked about her was that she didn't edit/filter her pictures (I know she is the kween of angles, but I appreciated that she would never edit/filter her face like most influencers).

The cosmetic treatments/surgery discussions often get reduced to "your body, your choice!", and I get that stance, but at the same time I find it worrying that people in their early 20s are making dramatic (sometimes permanent) changes to their faces in response to minor imperfections.
You always say what I'm thinking but in the most eloquent way fwooper! spot on - I think shes only going to become less and less recognisible. It is genuinely terrifying seeing how anxious she was in her make up "tutorial" / affiliate link pushing vid.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has anyone noticed that her makeup stories keep getting deleted and re-uploaded? I've been trying to figure out if she's changing anything, but they seem to be the same?
Not sure if anyone's covered this cause I've got a fair few pages to catch up on but I've just watched it now and she's changed the caption to 'it would be stupid not to use them', so that explains why she was deleting and re-uploading.

But of course she doesn't read here...

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
You always say what I'm thinking but in the most eloquent way fwooper! spot on - I think shes only going to become less and less recognisible. It is genuinely terrifying seeing how anxious she was in her make up "tutorial" / affiliate link pushing vid.
agreed! It was so well put.

I realised it was affecting me too. My mum almost fell off her chair when I told her I waa considering Botox because of Instagram. I have nothing against people making their own decisions for themselves, but it had made me feel like society would look down on me for not having it. I’ve since stopped following anyone who makes me feel like that and am much happier in my own skin and realise my fiancé / friends / family would never think that!

Reactions: 12
I see a lot of myself in Grace 🤒 the stuff she's been doing to her face recently really reminds me of myself. We look alike so it's p identifiable to me. I used to think I had a big honker and be obsessed with contouring it when it didn't need to (in the exact way Grace did in that IG story). I used to do my brows much bigger than I should've done because I used to think I had a really wide face and big forehead. I used to think my eyes needed lifting and that they looked really down-turned and old. I missed class a lot at uni because I couldn't face people looking at me

The key thing in all of this was that I didn't know what I looked like at all. Sometimes I really liked how I looked - when I met this 'ideal' I had for myself - but my self-image would change multiple times a day, to the point I don't think I would've recognised myself coming down the street. I see people say that if you post lots of selfies you must love yourself, but I posted the most selfies when I was at my absolute most insecure, because I wanted to show myself and others that I could look nice.

I'm so glad I didn't have the money for fillers or anything back then. I took a massive break from Instagram, went to therapy, starting exercising more regularly, started meditating and going to bed on time rather than staying up late (those weird midnight rants she puts on Instagram - very me circa 2018, and that was a product of being wound up and up late). When I started IG again I couldn't believe the amount of toxic tit I followed. I still have days where I don't like how I look but I feel quite confident most of of the time and recognise that I look great now - with & without makeup. Grace isn't taking care of her mental health, and as much as I think she's a horrible person now, IMO she needs a huge mental health clear out in her personal and professional life

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I remember her saying in an old video that (at that point) she never had any cosmetic surgery/injections done because she thinks she would the type of person who won't be able to stop once started. That may be the reason for her recent changes in appearance -- you'll never reach perfection, there's always some other little thing to tweak.

As others here have mentioned previously, people can do with their bodies whatever they want, so if she wants to get her teeth, brows or anything else done, she is free to do it. What's not okay is pulling a Kylie Jenner: talking about makeup products and explicitly denying lip fillers which is... very unlikely in her case? She is not obligated to inform anyone about possible injections, but it's really unfair to lie. Better say nothing at all then.

Reactions: 10
I feel like recently when I’ve been on FaceTime I’ve been looking at myself and holding my eyebrow higher up to see what it would look like. I also think I need Botox and I’m 27. It’s ridiculous. The problem is influencers not being transparent about what they have had done to their face and morphing into someone else over time which we continue to compare ourselves to without realising thousands of pounds have gone into changing their face.
It’s very subconscious in my mind but the standards are ridiculous on Instagram.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I think fillers etc can be done really well and when done by a skilled injector, in moderation and subtly can give you a really pleasing end result - just you, but slightly 'better'. I think the danger is that fillers are being pushed on places like Instagram (by these toxic influencers) as necessary, when Instagram beauty standards are so narrow and not inclusive. Getting filler to conform to this beauty standard or to try to mold into someone else doesn't typically look good. I'm maybe biased here since I get lip fillers, however, I only get them topped up once a year (haven't had them done in longer rn because of Covid ofc) and I haven't had the urge to get anything else done.

Reactions: 15
I think fillers etc can be done really well and when done by a skilled injector, in moderation and subtly can give you a really pleasing end result - just you, but slightly 'better'. I think the danger is that fillers are being pushed on places like Instagram (by these toxic influencers) as necessary, when Instagram beauty standards are so narrow and not inclusive. Getting filler to conform to this beauty standard or to try to mold into someone else doesn't typically look good. I'm maybe biased here since I get lip fillers, however, I only get them topped up once a year (haven't had them done in longer rn because of Covid ofc) and I haven't had the urge to get anything else done.
This, perfectly said

I’m 19 & I have had Botox (massater) funnily enough I actually got it cause someone here mentioned it when we were talking about monmon lol!! Tho I have Bruxism so it was one of the few ways to reduce the teeth grinding & jaw mass gained. I see injectibles as an opportunity to ENHANCE your face as opposed to altering it to look like someone else ... similar to changing your hair colour ... though not The same as fake tanning (it’s just weird that you want to be a darker skin tone imo and this is coming from a naturally tan Mac nc42 south East Asian girl cause it’s not like I can wash off my skin tone whenever I want without experiencing the repercussions of being brown)

it’s just really really sad that influencers and consequently young women feel they have to look a certain way to be deemed good enough for themselves 😢😢😢 whilst men out here haven’t moisturised in 4 days, showing up looking like that smh not good enough these standards are not equal by any measurement

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.