Grace Beverley #10 essential bizniz trips, bras that throw out ur nips, #GirlBoss tips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yeah, the scholarships she got must have been music-related. And like you said - if you were given music lessons since you could walk and talk, it would be pretty embarrassing if she didn't get some kind of music award after all that investment into the skill.

She's definitely got a thing for presenting her scholarships as more impressive than the are. She replied to a tweet once where someone asked her if she is on a scholarship at Oxford and she replied that she was on a singing scholarship. Technically true, but someone just reading that would easily assume that her tuition was being funded - she neglected to say the singing 'scholarship' amounts to a few hundred quid a year (and she probably didn't even receive any of it, considering she dropped it after a few terms). It's quite bizarre because no one would care if attended private school/uni without scholarships, it's very common, but she's got a big complex about it clearly.
She needs to drop her bleeping protestant work ethic holier than thou HARD WORK and HUSTLE equals success act. What a charade.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Had to look through her stories after reading this thread and all I have to say is:
Are they though? Literally the most standard macros for a protein powder 🤨
I screenshotted Bulk Powders, The Protein Works and MyProtein. Shreddy actually has more carbs than the rest, but protein is pretty much the same.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 00.31.20.png

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 00.31.48.png
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 00.32.16.png

Reactions: 17
I am ALL for mole awareness and I am more than happy when influencers remind people to check. But I get confused when they share all of these important messages without saying the most important point that must be in any discussion about skin cancer: stop intentionally tanning! She even implies here that she has family history of melanoma - so I can't believe she still consistently posts content of her sunbathing, and her pictures show her with quite dramatic tan lines so she clearly isn't being cautious. There's no such thing as safe tanning, regardless of whether you've used sun protection or not.

Molly Mae did this as well - posted a lot about her skin cancer scare but not once did she mention how this is linked to sun exposure. And still shows herself sunbathing. You cannot ignore the fact that MOST skin cancers are directly linked to UV exposure - why ignore that fact when it's the single most helpful tip to give your followers?
Oh please mate it’s not like you’re using the nhs. We all know you went private that’s why it took a WEEK

Reactions: 21
I dunno if someone’s already posted this but lol the hypocrisy since last year
the tone of this in relation to grace is hilarious. “someone is sacrificing their quality of life so you can add another dress to the pile” LMAO, as if you could ever be that sharp with her without her blocking you or responding with a 20 line comment!

“someone (or millions of people are/) is sacrificing their quality of life so you can...go to a party in Dubai during a pandemic”
“your content creators are sacrificing a fair income so you can afford to add a Tesla to your front drive”
“your customers are sacrificing their financial security so you can get more money”
“you are sacrificing fair working standards for your employees by hiring people in China and refusing to verify the conditions of the factory so you can add another ten grand to your pile”
“a baby animal is sacrificing their life so you can add another pair of designer shoes to your pile” 😩😩😩

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Why do her housemates all look like her 🥲 narcissism check

Also she has literally no black friends? Like where is she getting this AAVE lingo from

Reactions: 35

Also she has literally no black friends? Like where is she getting this AAVE lingo from
LITERALLYYYY, this is one of her clones/housemates. No matter how much I love my friends, I certainly don’t want to try and be them to the point of looking like a BTEC version of them.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Mon and Violet's boyfriend but don't forget, she's also loved on Black Twitter so that gives her a pass (Iol jk)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
LITERALLYYYY, this is one of her clones/housemates. No matter how much I love my friends, I certainly don’t want to try and be them to the point of looking like a BTEC version of them.
You’re telling me this ISN’T Grace?! What in the world

Reactions: 25
“your customers are sacrificing their financial security *when you refuse to give them refunds, get them to pay for returns, and cancel subscriptions so you can get more money”* (had to correct this, was bugging me so much! Bleary-eyed early morning post lol)
The way Grace did one video with Oloni and one collaboration with Patricia Bright two (going on three) years ago (Black British women of Nigerian descent), hires a couple Black models and apparently therefore feels comfortable using not just Black British slang but loanwords from Jamaican Patois and African American Vernacular English 😭 She as an upper-middle class individual barely has grounds IMO to use the sociolect most people call “the London accent”, spoken most amongst young working class people (Multicultural London English) in mixed communities - she didn’t move to London until she was 13 and even then lived in the whiter, posh bits, and she left at 19 to go to oxford. MLE is not part of her natural way of speaking at all, let alone AAVE and Jamaican Patois 😭

Reactions: 33
The way Grace did one video with Oloni and one collaboration with Patricia Bright two (going on three) years ago (Black British women of Nigerian descent), hires a couple Black models and apparently therefore feels comfortable using not just Black British slang but loanwords from Jamaican Patois and African American Vernacular English 😭 She as an upper-middle class individual barely has grounds IMO to use the sociolect most people call “the London accent”, spoken most amongst young working class people (Multicultural London English) in mixed communities - she didn’t move to London until she was 13 and even then lived in the whiter, posh bits, and she left at 19 to go to oxford. MLE is not part of her natural way of speaking at all, let alone AAVE and Jamaican Patois 😭
Oo, not heard of MLE before - like the term! There's even a wiki page for it :eek:

Reactions: 8
Something I noticed when watching Flora's vlog the other day is that Flora's accent seems so much 'posher' than Grace's - e.g. they way she pronounced 'one' was almost like how they pronounce it in The Crown but not as extreme haha. But Grace doesn't sound like that. Obviously accents are very complex and influenced by so many things, but considering Grace clearly has insecurities about being seen as posh and privileged I wouldn't be surprised if it's something she has consciously tried to control. It's just interesting that she doesn't sound posher considering the kind of schools she attended.

Reactions: 16
How is that NOT her!!?? Madness

Reactions: 4
This is so cringe how is she gonna film them all together in the house interacting, and then 2 mins later post a screenshot of them messaging eachother?
I feel like she told them to have this conversation on message just so she could screenshot it and put it on her story, its like they’re just there to perform for her and entertain her loll

Attachments

Reactions: 8
This is so cringe how is she gonna film them all together in the house interacting, and then 2 mins later post a screenshot of them messaging eachother?
I feel like she told them to have this conversation on message just so she could screenshot it and put it on her story, its like they’re just there to perform for her and entertain her loll
It’s also cringe how she’s making her housemates rate her products to try sell them 😳🤣🤣

Reactions: 10
Something I noticed when watching Flora's vlog the other day is that Flora's accent seems so much 'posher' than Grace's - e.g. they way she pronounced 'one' was almost like how they pronounce it in The Crown but not as extreme haha. But Grace doesn't sound like that. Obviously accents are very complex and influenced by so many things, but considering Grace clearly has insecurities about being seen as posh and privileged I wouldn't be surprised if it's something she has consciously tried to control. It's just interesting that she doesn't sound posher considering the kind of schools she attended.
Her accent has definitely changed over the years. When I watched her vlogs in 2017, she sounded much more like a stereotypical Chelsea girl. I’ve noticed this at Oxford though, posh kids try to street up their accent a bit because they don’t want to be perceived as posh.
Her excessive swearing comes off as so forced as well - I remember her supplement video when she first released the BND protein range and she was just swearing through the whole thing. I’m not a prude by any means, I have no problem with swearing, but I think only someone as privileged as Grace could release that video as CEO of the company and be talking about how ‘like, actually bleeping delicious and doesn’t taste like actual tit’ her products are and still be taken seriously.

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.