Gogglebox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped watching after Leon passed away.
Are the Michaels still in it? Think they had the bright pink chair?
Then the London family with the corner sofa and the young girl always sat in the corner? I always found them annoying.
Leon was an old perv.

Reactions: 10
I canā€™t stand that Stephen now .. I really liked him with his friend Chris .. didnā€™t like him with his Mum and despise him with his comatose partner !!! Itā€™s not the #stephenfromgogglebox show !!! Heā€™s trying too hard thinks heā€™s a celeb but heā€™s not !!! Even worse he thinks heā€™s funny !
I agree plus I feel he went too far with some of his comments on Friday nights episode. Gone right off him.

I must be the odd one out but hubby and I cannot stand Sophie and peter.
I donā€™t find them funny and Sophie irritates me when she laughs at anything Peter says!

Reactions: 7
I love Jenny and Lee and the Malones especially the dad! Giles reminds me of Tom Courtenay.
I think Sophie and Pete are really funny, I didnā€™t know they were in the Talk Talk advert a few years ago before Gogglebox I loved the ad when it was on šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
Got round to watching the festive one last night. Love Giles his dry sense of humour I find him hilarious šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Love Sid Siddiqui for his name alone!!! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Oh and those bins outside his front door????

Reactions: 3
Stephen used to be great with Chris, but now he's just a try hard and can be quite nasty. He thinks he's hilarious. I love Jenny and Lee, The Malones, The Siddiquis and Giles and Mary. I smile when I see Tremaine, Twaine and Tristan, their names just amuse me! I wish they'd get rid of The Michaels, their decor hurts my eyes šŸ˜‚ and Louis is so irritating!!! Oh and Linda, she's annoying too!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I must be the odd one out but hubby and I cannot stand Sophie and peter.
No I canā€™t either. Her laugh grates on me and she almost wets herself at her brothers ā€œwittyā€ comments.
I also find the sexual innuendo/talk between them rather strange for siblings. Iā€™d never speak like that to my brother!
Cringe, cringe, cringe.

Love Sid Siddiqui for his name alone!!! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Oh and those bins outside his front door????
I think the Siddiduiā€™s are my favourites now. I think they are from the original series and seem to be the only original family that havenā€™t changed since being on Gogglebox. Many of the others now act up for the cameras but refreshingly they donā€™t.

Reactions: 24
I love Sophie and Pete. And also the family with Dave the dog... the man cracks me up lol
The only thing that I canā€™t take with the family with the dog Dave is that sometimes one of them will put a foot/feet up on the same table where they have the cakes and biscuits šŸŖ sitting. Am total Sophie and Pete fan.

No I canā€™t either. Her laugh grates on me and she almost wets herself at her brothers ā€œwittyā€ comments.
I also find the sexual innuendo/talk between them rather strange for siblings. Iā€™d never speak like that to my brother!
Cringe, cringe, cringe.

I think the Siddiduiā€™s are my favourites now. I think they are from the original series and seem to be the only original family that havenā€™t changed since being on Gogglebox. Many of the others now act up for the cameras but refreshingly they donā€™t.
And their funny cups could do with a srcrub out and a bit of bleach now and again.

The only thing that I canā€™t take with the family with the dog Dave is that sometimes one of them will put a foot/feet up on the same table where they have the cakes and biscuits šŸŖ sitting. Am total Sophie and Pete fan.
I get the feeling not much of what is on the table in most of the houses gets eaten itā€™s just a window dressing.

Reactions: 4
Googlebox is becoming boring because they make them watch the same shows every week. They've watched the strange every week so far.

Reactions: 5
Googlebox is becoming boring because they make them watch the same shows every week. They've watched the strange every week so far.
I do find it odd them watching The Stranger each week, because really, the buzz around has died down because everyone binge watched it the week it came out. Gogglebox watching it weeks behind is kinda pointless.

I do find it odd them watching The Stranger each week, because really, the buzz around has died down because everyone binge watched it the week it came out. Gogglebox watching it weeks behind is kinda pointless.
Plus its on Netflicks so if you haven't got Netflicks your not going to know or care what its about.

Reactions: 1
My ideal line-up would be;

Pete & Sophie
Steph & Dom
The Siddiqui's
The Moffats (before Scarlett became a celeb)
Lee and Jenny
The Welsh Couple
Stephen & Chris
The Malones

The others are hit and miss.

Never was a fan of The Michael's (the greek family), The Tappers, Sandy & Sandra, and I cannot stand those two young Geordie girls.

My ideal line-up would be;

Pete & Sophie
Steph & Dom
The Siddiqui's
The Moffats (before Scarlett became a celeb)
Lee and Jenny
The Welsh Couple
Stephen & Chris
The Malones

The others are hit and miss.

Never was a fan of The Michael's (the greek family), The Tappers, Sandy & Sandra, and I cannot stand those two young Geordie girls.

Argh no I canā€™t abide Sophieā€™s laughter at her brotherā€˜s ā€wittyā€, well rehearsed jokes. :rolleyes:
The rest Iā€™d go with but Iā€™d put the Malones up a bit higher.

Reactions: 9
I love the siddiquis, the Welsh couple (they seem so much fun) and I do like Pete and Sophie too. Not a big fan of the father and daughter...they look too much alike and it confuses me. šŸ˜‚ My favourite is probably Izzi though I donā€™t think sheā€™s the funniest.

Reactions: 4
I get the feeling not much of what is on the table in most of the houses gets eaten itā€™s just a window dressing.
Last week when the son actually reached for a cake and ate one, I was like FINALLY! How can they sit there each week and not touch them. Although now I think it's a "thing" like what will they have this week... Or what will I be putting on the shopping list this week šŸ˜…

The 2 young geordie lasses are not on this planet. Around Christmas when they were talking about the nativity, one of them said they didn't know Mary was actually pregnant when she was on the donkey and looking for somewhere to stay and thought the baby Jesus was already there in the stable waiting for them. And that she couldn't believe their school hadn't taught them that. Regardless of religious beliefs that left me not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Big fan of Gogglebox but the newbies havenā€™t brought much to the table.
not sure I have a favourite but like most of them- Mary and Marina, the 3 Bristol brothers with similar names, Pete and Sophie, Lee and Jenny, the Malones, Giles and Mary and David and Shirley.

like others Iā€™m not sure why theyā€™re watching The Stranger every week? Itā€™s a Netflix show and has been available in one go since it was released. Itā€™s great though.

I like Sophie and Pete find some of their one liners hilarious.

On a side note how have they managed to film this week with social distancing in place as they don't all live together šŸ¤”

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.