GoFundMe Scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't the palliative care team step in and say he needs to stay home or be on a hospice?
If he got worse dramatically and was showing he was sin pain/uncomfortable they can but these seem to get around a lot of what the doctors say anyway.
---
I do believe she's 1000000% in denial. They have been in a place before where they was told nothing more and then they went to America and he had treatment. It wouldn't surprise me if she's up all night searching for some miracle treatment at the bottom of the sea! He's going to wear himself out going out all the time and having lots of petiole around him x

Reactions: 8
Plus they won't have his hospital bed, and will have to take all of the medical stuff he needs. Doesn't seem practical if anything.

Reactions: 6
Plus they won't have his hospital bed, and will have to take all of the medical stuff he needs. Doesn't seem practical if anything.
This is true. If he’s not well enough to sleep in the comfort of his own bed in his own home and needs a hospital bed in the lounge then how can he be well enough for a trip away?

Reactions: 13
The opportunity they had to make memories, go and sleep at the zoo etc was all spent in the natural medicines clinic. It’s so sad cause Dillan would have been well enough for it then but I think Amy was still in denial as to the inevitable. It’s so heartbreaking.

Reactions: 14
Managed to bag herself some room at Port lymphne but now moaning the room all not together! Why are they all going? Clearly reads here as she's stated they gave her 20% off too!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Her Q&A has some really selfish admissions.

This one saying he panics when he leaves the house then saying he came with her to get her legs waxed. Wild thought! If you want/need to be with him 24/7, and he doesn’t like leaving home, maybe, and bear with me on this, don’t have your legs waxed?!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 06-44-41 Stories • Instagram.png

Someone needs to tell her that these natural oncology sharks are laughing all the way to the bank and her son is paying the price, not her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I've no words. I feel although she isn't neglecting Dilly at all she also kind of is! She's putting her needs of wanting him here before the needs of his pain and comfort. He won't know pain like others know it because he's used to it. She needs to stop these natural treatment because nothing is going to cure him.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He loves his house and being home, he has constant panic attacks leaving the house, yet he’s been dragged to sleep at the zoo. Make it make sense.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Waxing her legs - leaving the house? That has Saffiya vibes - I think she was getting her lashes done in the last few days of Azaylia’s life if I remember correctly? At least Saf was at her house I suppose. But still, I can’t even imagine. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Anybody notice that when she posts a Q&A. There is always a question or 2 (they sound very orchestrated and specific) pointing to funds and que to her plugging the fundraising. She £750 for just the nurse to visit, then treatment ontop? I don’t think that’s correct.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And saying that family need to be with them and aren't being paid at work. Yeah right.

Reactions: 4
Anybody notice that when she posts a Q&A. There is always a question or 2 (they sound very orchestrated and specific) pointing to funds and que to her plugging the fundraising. She £750 for just the nurse to visit, then treatment ontop? I don’t think that’s correct.
I'm sorry but if a privatise clinic is charging £750 for a nurse to come out and administrate IV medicine then alarm bells would be ringing and I'd be thinking they can see me coming! I'm not saying the clinic she's using is corrupt or anything but she's a very open insta page and private clinics have their own price lists! Also is she using the GFM money to pay her family's wages?

• Heart
@Queeniebee yes. One of the main reasons she is doing the GFM is so they can stay off work to be with Dilly.

Tbf i do not see a problem with this, for most families. Cancer poverty is an absolute reality for so many families and is not talked about enough. I heard talk of a campaign to try to get the equivalent of maternity leave for a parent when their child is diagnosed with cancer and I think it is a good idea. Cancer pathways are long and demanding and they will need a parent with them every step of the way.

Some employers are supportive, others not so much, and the parent has to get signed off sick in order to be able to be with the child. Not every parent or GP is comfortable doing that even though most are suffering with their MH. I do not think that there is any specific support for parents at the moment - it is a mix of sick pay and benefits but you have to get excused from looking for a job if you end up on benefits. etc. It is more jobs, more stress when they do not need it.

However, this is not a family in cancer poverty. That’s all I will say because it feels awful to say more. There are so many families in this exact situation without highly paid jobs and expensive assets who are struggling, whilst trying to deal with the reality of having a terminally ill child and not being able to pay their food/heating/rent bills.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This woman is really starting to grate in her ivory tower penthouse and her grifting. Just sit and enjoy your last moments with your son, seriously. These moments are one day going to be nothing more than a distant memory. I can't work out if it's just sheer stupidity, desperation, denial or a mix of all 3.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why did she need to drag him with her to get legs waxed when the gofundme is supposedly paying for multiple extended family members to support them?

Also, how likely is it employers would give indefinite compassionate leave (even if unpaid) for extended family members?

It’s not that I don’t think extended family shouldn’t have that time with them but more that in the real world, does it really happen? Something just doesn’t quite add up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s so bizarre that her brothers GF and all of their kids are taking this time off … I understand it’s desperately sad but such a luxury to be able to do which some parents can’t even take time off work!!

also I think if my child was dying, my leg hair could be 7 inches long before I even noticed, waxing would be the last thing on my mind!

@Queeniebee yes. One of the main reasons she is doing the GFM is so they can stay off work to be with Dilly.

Tbf i do not see a problem with this, for most families. Cancer poverty is an absolute reality for so many families and is not talked about enough. I heard talk of a campaign to try to get the equivalent of maternity leave for a parent when their child is diagnosed with cancer and I think it is a good idea. Cancer pathways are long and demanding and they will need a parent with them every step of the way.

Some employers are supportive, others not so much, and the parent has to get signed off sick in order to be able to be with the child. Not every parent or GP is comfortable doing that even though most are suffering with their MH. I do not think that there is any specific support for parents at the moment - it is a mix of sick pay and benefits but you have to get excused from looking for a job if you end up on benefits. etc. It is more jobs, more stress when they do not need it.

However, this is not a family in cancer poverty. That’s all I will say because it feels awful to say more. There are so many families in this exact situation without highly paid jobs and expensive assets who are struggling, whilst trying to deal with the reality of having a terminally ill child and not being able to pay their food/heating/rent bills.
Thing is the GFM was set up to provide money to take him to America for the treatment he needed. Then it was mention about these alternative therapies. Yes use the money if needed to pay a few bills yourself but using it for Dilly's Aunties and uncles and other extended family members to pay them a wage to be there. Like you said they show us a lavish life they lead so I don't think they have ever struggled for money!
---
It’s so bizarre that her brothers GF and all of their kids are taking this time off … I understand it’s desperately sad but such a luxury to be able to do which some parents can’t even take time off work!!

also I think if my child was dying, my leg hair could be 7 inches long before I even noticed, waxing would be the last thing on my mind!
I'm wondering if they were told he only had 2 weeks left and that's why they have taken the time off to be there. Personally I'd hate my whole family being with me 24/7 but I guess they have done it so there's plently of people to look after the girls if and when they need to take dilly to hospital so that both parents are with him

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Are none of the extended family entitled to sick pay / compassionate pay? Seems a bit odd.

A work colleague was signed off sick with stress when her grandchild was sadly at the end of his life. So, she had paid sick leave.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.