GoFundMe Scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are they taking photos when all the doctors/care team are in the room? Shouldn’t they be focussing on what’s being discussed? (I cropped Dilly out)

I really just can’t get my head round this mentality of wanting to overshare your child’s health to thousands and thousands of strangers. (And just oversharing children generally but even more so when they have medical issues).

IMG_7757.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
That was a really upsetting read today. I don't understand why they are pushing treatment when clearly his veins aren't up to it. He should be tucked up in bed at home and just being cuddled.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Too much cancer blocking his veins but they are still allowing them to push stuff through it. I u detest and she wants him to be here as long as possibly but surely you have to sit back and think enough is enough now! 4years he's had stuff pumped through his little body let him just go home and be comfortable

The photo of them cuddling up hospital bed? So bleeping odd

Imagine wasting time of your child's last few days updating strangers on Instagram and begging for money? They're sick!

I've seen loads of things before that people often get a burst of energy when they're near the end. I wonder if this is what's happening with poor Dilly

• Heart
Reactions: 11
poor Dillan, he’s such a sweet little lad. I’m surprised he’s still being actively treated (steroids/transfusions). I thought as he was on palliative care it was more about keeping him pain-free and allowing him to be comfortable in his home. It must be so awful for them, I almost wish they’d take if off social media, but I’m guilty of checking for updates to see how he is 🥲 I’m guessing it’s a double edge sword, if they don’t post they’ll be inundated with messages worrying about him and if they carry on then people will question their decisions.
I just hope he’s not in pain or distress.

• Heart
poor Dillan, he’s such a sweet little lad. I’m surprised he’s still being actively treated (steroids/transfusions). I thought as he was on palliative care it was more about keeping him pain-free and allowing him to be comfortable in his home. It must be so awful for them, I almost wish they’d take if off social media, but I’m guilty of checking for updates to see how he is 🥲 I’m guessing it’s a double edge sword, if they don’t post they’ll be inundated with messages worrying about him and if they carry on then people will question their decisions.
I agree I'm guilty of checking too. But they should just be doing text updates now surely. Its awful seeing him like that.

To play devils advocate, maybe it's a way to highlight the realities of childhood cancer, that so many families face.

Poor Dilly.

Reactions: 4
I get they've shared his journey but they don't owe anyone anything. They should say, we are logging off now to enjoy the time we have. We will be back when we are ready. But they wouldn't get the last of the gfm donations if they did that would they

• Heart
Tbf transfusions can be given right to the end of life if it will help someone to be more comfortable. But I feel for Dilly having to go back into hospital which can’t be nice for him.

Tbf transfusions can be given right to the end of life if it will help someone to be more comfortable. But I feel for Dilly having to go back into hospital which can’t be nice for him.
I did notice that Amy mentioned he needed them to make him more comfortable. It must the most hellish thing to navigate
---
I agree I'm guilty of checking too. But they should just be doing text updates now surely. Its awful seeing him like that.

To play devils advocate, maybe it's a way to highlight the realities of childhood cancer, that so many families face.

Poor Dilly.
Yes text updates would be enough now. People care about Dillan but his privacy and dignity are paramount.
It’s very humbling to watch a family go through this, and mercifully most of us would be none the wiser if it wasn’t for social media. So they’re brave to share but it’s also knowing when to stop,

Last edited:
  • Heart
Why is she constantly filming her super sick child and labeling him with roid rage … so bleeping bizarre he also has no immune system out eating in public … get him home comfortable and snug with food delivered … such odd behaviour..

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Why is she constantly filming her super sick child and labeling him with roid rage … so bleeping bizarre he also has no immune system out eating in public … get him home comfortable and snug with food delivered … such odd behaviour..
It's so devastating. That poor boy stood there looking so unwell, so tired. He just needs a cuddle. Being dragged out to a bleeping restaurant. I don't think I can watch anymore

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's so devastating. That poor boy stood there looking so unwell, so tired. He just needs a cuddle. Being dragged out to a bleeping restaurant. I don't think I can watch anymore
Totally agree Wonka 💜
I want to go and scoop him up and take him home to be snug watching films and having any treat he wants, it’s not about them and their wants at this point, stop trying to make everything “normal” it’s not …

Totally agree Wonka 💜
I want to go and scoop him up and take him home to be snug watching films and having any treat he wants, it’s not about them and their wants at this point, stop trying to make everything “normal” it’s not …
The roid rage comments are way across the line for me. He is exhausted, facing things most of us can’t imagine, undergoing rigorous treatment. Give him some basic respect.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
for someone who suffers roid rage it makes me mad how she says it so jokingly! Honestly all I want to do is sleep, but o can't because I'm so mardy and anything and everyone irrates me, I also am so hungry id actually eat a scabby rat! Take him home let him rage in his own home where it will be his safe space!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
His bed doesn't even look like any sort of sanctuary, put in the living room with so much noise.

He'd be so much better off in a hospice :( at least the nursing staff would stop some of this madness.

• Sad
he also has no immune system out eating in public
This! If he is neutropenic, which is very likely, then he is susceptible to everything. We see it all the time on my oncology ward. It's not the cancer that kills the patients, it's a virus/infection that they are unable to fight off.

• Sad
  • Heart
The roid rage comments are way across the line for me. He is exhausted, facing things most of us can’t imagine, undergoing rigorous treatment. Give him some basic respect.
It's like when she called him kicking off about having MORE natural treatments a tantrum. Just sickening

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This! If he is neutropenic, which is very likely, then he is susceptible to everything. We see it all the time on my oncology ward. It's not the cancer that kills the patients, it's a virus/infection that they are unable to fight off.
Agree. When my close relative was neutropenic (which was a lot of the time during intensive treatment) we were paranoid about keeping everything spotless. Even a takeaway was a no no. Everything was sterilised like having a newborn. That poor poor boy. He looks so tired he can hardly lift the food to his mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was neutropenic at the start of the year, and it's awful as I had to be careful that my family knew not to visit and my children had to up there cleanliness and try not to fetch germs in the house!
my nurse always told me it will never be the cancer that kills you it will be some infection you catch from being on treatment which is right in so many ways!
That boy needs to be at home not eating in some restaurant!

• Heart
I think shes in complete denial. To be blunt this is seriously impacting their lifestyle and her answer is to act as if everything is normal, keep giving treatment and it will go away eventually

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.