Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member

Rachaele Hambleton aka Part Time Working Mummy on Facebook and Instagram.

She set up her page claiming to help women who have been in abusive relationships, telling stories about "women and babies suffering the most horrific abuse", and claiming she was getting 6 women a week into refuge. She's had multiple Go Fund Me appeals set up, including one set up by followers to help her buy her home (after the landlady said she wanted to sell it shortly after they'd moved in).

She also had (and probably still has, nobody knows) a PayPal fund set up going directly to her, with woolly wording around "enabling me to continue doing what I love", no actual guarantee that the money was going towards abused women, but the implication was there. It appears that "what she loves" is quitting her job to become a full time Instascammer, doing adverts for anything and everything, buying her house and doing a load of shit renovations and decorating, ignoring her kids and step kids unless she's bribed into being in an advert. A couple of years ago when criticised about her change in lifestyle, she said "I'm not dripping in Gucci". Well guess what, these days she has Gucci bags, sunglasses, shoes and sandals etc, as well as a number of other designer items (Mark Jacobs, Mulberry, Victoria Beckham etc), and is constantly out for expensive meals and nights away (despite having 4 kids and 2 step kids, at least 2 of which she claims have "additional needs").

She then set up a CIC with herself and a couple of friends as directors, the paperwork detailed their aim was to help "one abused woman a month". She rented a building, threw loads of money at it to renovate it into a "women's centre", the purpose of which isn't really clear, it appears to mostly be a hangout spot for her and her mates. Then she opened a shop next door, with "all profits going to the centre". Then she opened a packing centre, so the shop tat could be sold online. Then there was a second "centre ", all these buildings were renovated and decorated, but the centres have no real purpose (she claims that local agencies, including social services and the police use them for "meeting women") other than being a vanity project and feeding her saviour complex.

Since setting up her shop, she's run various raffles, none of which she has ever announced the winners of. She regularly asks for donations in the form of vouchers "for the women", and also asking for food donations around school holidays. The only person who appears to have benefited from these is a friend of hers (and the sister of her old accountant), who is from a very well off family, sends her kids to private school, and has set up her own business, so not someone in desperate need of financial support.

Recent Amazon wish lists have included things like vouchers for restaurants, Costa, cinema, as well as shops like Footlocker and ASOS. Again, all apparently "for the women".

She has never provided any evidence of where the various funds she has received have gone, even back to the PayPal days when she promised a monthly newsletter, donors have confirmed these were never received. When anyone emailed her asking where their donations had gone, she got all passive aggressive, refunded their money and blocked them. She has restricted comments on her Instagram so if anyone mentions PayPal it's filtered out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 123

lastdis

VIP Member
Hate one for kids funerals, they are free, we had to have one. Not only that everywhere we went for the extras either did it free or at a massive discount l the lady who did our flowers charged 100, when we went to collect she gave us the little card to write on. Asked which one and I said daughter, she asked was it for my daughter and how old was she. I said stillborn and yes mine. She then said ok that’s £20, she ended up charging for just the few flowers she had to order in. All the flowers she had in stock and her time were free, the lady who did the speaking usually charged a couple of 100,. But she also did it free and said if we did pay her she would just donate it straight to a baby loss charity, and all said they would never want to profit from a child’s death.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Jen667

VIP Member
Go Fleece Me, as I call it. I know that funerals are expensive but the speed at which some people have the begging bowl out after a loved one dies is quite something.

Reactions: 64

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
I also hate folk going abroad with no travel insurance, then get ill or have an accident and then set up a GFM for medical expenses and to get home 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 55
My daughters father (my ex partner) committed suicide at Xmas a few years ago now.

within 12 hours of his death his parents had put up a GFM page for his funeral, putting my daughter (they’d had little to no contact with her for a good few years) as the cover photo with her dad without my permission, stolen off his fb page. Remember people children especially ones who have suddenly lost a parent or those who are terminal pull on heart strings!!!!

they managed to raise enough for the funeral and then some.

apparently whatever was left over which was quite a few thousand, was to be given to mental health charities. I heard from another family member who I don’t doubt for one second, that his parents who have been separated for many years, split the remaining money between them and didn’t donate to charity.

I cannot abide GFM at all

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 52

notfake

Chatty Member

She set up her page claiming to help women who have been in abusive relationships, telling stories about "women and babies suffering the most horrific abuse", and claiming she was getting 6 women a week into refuge. She's had multiple Go Fund Me appeals set up, including one set up by followers to help her buy her home (after the landlady said she wanted to sell it shortly after they'd moved in).

She also had (and probably still has, nobody knows) a PayPal fund set up going directly to her, with woolly wording around "enabling me to continue doing what I love", no actual guarantee that the money was going towards abused women, but the implication was there. It appears that "what she loves" is quitting her job to become a full time Instascammer, doing adverts for anything and everything, buying her house and doing a load of shit renovations and decorating, ignoring her kids and step kids unless she's bribed into being in an advert. A couple of years ago when criticised about her change in lifestyle, she said "I'm not dripping in Gucci". Well guess what, these days she has Gucci bags, sunglasses, shoes and sandals etc, as well as a number of other designer items (Mark Jacobs, Mulberry, Victoria Beckham etc), and is constantly out for expensive meals and nights away (despite having 4 kids and 2 step kids, at least 2 of which she claims have "additional needs").

She then set up a CIC with herself and a couple of friends as directors, the paperwork detailed their aim was to help "one abused woman a month". She rented a building, threw loads of money at it to renovate it into a "women's centre", the purpose of which isn't really clear, it appears to mostly be a hangout spot for her and her mates. Then she opened a shop next door, with "all profits going to the centre". Then she opened a packing centre, so the shop tat could be sold online. Then there was a second "centre ", all these buildings were renovated and decorated, but the centres have no real purpose (she claims that local agencies, including social services and the police use them for "meeting women") other than being a vanity project and feeding her saviour complex.

Since setting up her shop, she's run various raffles, none of which she has ever announced the winners of. She regularly asks for donations in the form of vouchers "for the women", and also asking for food donations around school holidays. The only person who appears to have benefited from these is a friend of hers (and the sister of her old accountant), who is from a very well off family, sends her kids to private school, and has set up her own business, so not someone in desperate need of financial support.

Recent Amazon wish lists have included things like vouchers for restaurants, Costa, cinema, as well as shops like Footlocker and ASOS. Again, all apparently "for the women".

She has never provided any evidence of where the various funds she has received have gone, even back to the PayPal days when she promised a monthly newsletter, donors have confirmed these were never received. When anyone emailed her asking where their donations had gone, she got all passive aggressive, refunded their money and blocked them. She has restricted comments on her Instagram so if anyone mentions PayPal it's filtered out.
Don’t forget the wish list for the women and children of the Mother and Baby unit at Styal Prison! We all know prisoners need a £20 Costa or Foot Locker voucher for Christmas 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Noonoosanne2

VIP Member
It’s like a forbidden rule that your can’t question the parents of deceased children as the grief tourists will literally pounce on you .

Reactions: 44

VCJR

VIP Member

Well said DipsyDoodle ❤.
This will give Rachel Hambleton something to think about when she steps off her plane from Dubai in a few hours!
& should help take her mind off her period pain & the trauma of having to parent her 6 unwanted children (2 stolen), until the next live in babysitter turns up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
A woman I know set up a GFM page so that her son could go to Disney World Florida. “His dream” apparently.

There was nothing wrong with the child and she didn’t try to pretend that there was. She simply said that it was her 7 year old son’s dream to go and she felt like as a single parent she was failing her son because she couldn’t afford it.

Totally greedy behaviour and people called her out for it and she did take the page down.

Conveniently she then had a “break in” at her home a few weeks later and another GFM was set up to pay for stolen items…

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
Holy bloody dance ! (Archie Batersbee mum)
Say no more!!

Also I know it’s not go fund me but part time working mum for the PayPal money!

Reactions: 39

noseynora21

Chatty Member
They’re not famous but two girls near where I live are unemployed, four kids between them and their brother committed suicide. They set up a go fund me for his funeral and he was well liked by some local drug dealers so the amount soon went up. They did the most basic funeral, threw a wake with no buffet and now both have had their teeth done 🙃 scum!!

• Wow
  • Angry

thegibb

I’d just love to see Louis Theroux interviewing a few of them. Anyone know any investigative journalists that fancy doing a massive expose on instascammers? PTWM would be perfect for Ep1

Westcoasthippydreamgirl

Hurrah for this thread!!!! The ashley cain one made me so angry, all my friends on social media were donating 🙄

Where I live someone started a GFM for a homeless guy who was regularly outside our local supermarket and she wanted him to have a stay in a hotel over xmas...it raised over £3,000 and people were suggesting that he could get a cheap van with that to live in...he really wanted a job etc. She vanished along with the money.

• Wow
  • Angry

Wotsit

VIP Member
Don’t forget the wish list for the women and children of the Mother and Baby unit at Styal Prison! We all know prisoners need a £20 Costa or Foot Locker voucher for Christmas 🙄
£40k worth of presents/vouchers for the "1 woman a month" that she helps

Reactions: 34

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
But they want their children to have the best send off for themselves, not for the child, it’s a shame to say so but the child is dead, it neither knows nor cares about any send off.
Also, I find those over the top funerals to be most tacky and distasteful, a child’s memory deserves better.
I sincerely hope you never have to experience the death of a child. Their funeral is the very last thing you can do. You’ll never send them to school, watch them succeed at a sport or hobby, learn to swim, have beach days, take them on holiday, throw them an OTT birthday party, watch them graduate, learn to drive, get married, have their own families etc. The loss of not only the child but their entire future is unimaginable. Their funeral is the last time you ever get to celebrate their existence with your loved ones and of course people want the very best for that child to show their love and their loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
I have two women on my Facebook who did go fund me for for IVF
Now I know it’s very touchy subject but they chose to be two ladies together knowing they wouldn’t have children the normal way so to expect us to pay for there IVF I thought took the piss

Reactions: 27

Droosie123

VIP Member
Funerals are expensive, I tend not to have an issues with people asking for help with them. In some parts of the world the local community donates cash to the family which pays for the funeral.

However, there’s normal people who ask for help once in their lifetime and others who make a nice living from it.

I hate the lack of transparency around it all. PTWM is a prime example of this as is Jack Monroe

Reactions: 25

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
£40k worth of presents/vouchers for the "1 woman a month" that she helps
Don't forget the claim that her 18 year old daughter had been in an abusive relationship, and she handily took photos of her brand new trainers (from Footlocker) not long after the vouchers were begged for.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Ooh this takes me back to a few years ago now to an Instagrammer who actually started out on blogspot. In her blogspot days she was clearly really Ill with an eating disorder (although never admitted it), she disappeared and came back with an Instagram and quickly amassed a tonne of followers in a short space of time. She was a healthier weight but garnering sympathy for cystic fibrosis. She’s post a tonne of pictures with breathing equipment, from hospital beds/ the wristbands and then came the go fund me’s so she could go to Disney land because her cf was so bad she’s not have long left and it was on her bucket list. A load of people donated before people started to twig something wasn’t right. People truly suffering with CF pointed out her medication was wrong, equipment was incorrect amongst other things. And then people realised some of the images of hospitals/ scans were taken from other people. Someone close to her in real life was contacted and said she did not have cf- the breathing apparatus was a relatives, images of her in hospital were from when she was admitted for her ED and she’d been scamming people. Then she disappeared again, accounts deleted and the go fund me (and the money) were gone.

• Wow
Reactions: 24

hotstepper

Shoot me down if you will but I have to voice this.

they have been told categorically that that little boy is going to die. No saying when exactly, but he will. There is NO treatment options left. So what do they do with the last little time he’s got before he takes a massive decline and passes away, they force him through these fucking airy fairy treatments and make sure the last time he has left is hooking him up to more shite and make him fucking miserable!!! He clearly doesn’t like these holistic treatments and they are not going to save his life, let’s be honest ffs. It’s devastating that they are prolonging his upset and misery/suffering. All this time at these appointments being pumped with this vitamin and that vitamin, he could be playing at home with his sisters and his mother and father. That’s my opinion anyway. Poor little sod. I really do want to scoop him up and give him a fun final few months. But of course that wouldn’t make for good insta content 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 24