GoFundMe Scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she's not asking for toys as she doesn't know where she will be instead wants money so they (Oz) can stay off work even though he can work from home! Also medical bills?? What bills? Last I knew NHS were a free service even nurses that come to your house! Do you think they have gone private? There's no way she can still be putting those alternative therapies into him! There's no point now and it will only upset him more!
why can't she pljust get a couple of shelves put up and put medicine out of reach, last thing you should want when your child is dying is strangers coming in to sort your spare room out
Whatever people think of them and their behaviour I don’t agree that just because Oz can work from home he shouldn’t have time off. Surely regardless of wanting to spend time with Dillan he wouldn’t be in the headspace to be at work anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Whatever people think of them and their behaviour I don’t agree that just because Oz can work from home he shouldn’t have time off. Surely regardless of wanting to spend time with Dillan he wouldn’t be in the headspace to be at work anyway.
I agree. I cannot imagine he’d be able to work at a time like this. It’s a shame he wouldn’t be entitled to compassionate leave or sick leave but maybe it’s not affordable.
Poor Dillan looks very unwell. 💔

Reactions: 3
I can’t believe that most immediate family wouldn’t get compassionate leave and need a wage funded by go fund me.
[/QU
I'm not saying he should be working from home my comment was purely because she said the GFM was so that none of them
Had to work. You shouldn't be thinking like that in this situation. I said it before in a previous post there's thousands of families out there going through the same thing who are probably in debt but begging for people to support there lifestyle should be the last thing on there minds. If they can't afford rent/mortgage then you downsize it's a way of life! My partner takes time off work unpaid to take me to hospital appointments so some months we do struggle but we adapt our lifestyle around that months money not splashing out on stairage organisers or cleaners

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm not saying he should be working from home my comment was purely because she said the GFM was so that none of them
Had to work. You shouldn't be thinking like that in this situation. I said it before in a previous post there's thousands of families out there going through the same thing who are probably in debt but begging for people to support there lifestyle should be the last thing on there minds. If they can't afford rent/mortgage then you downsize it's a way of life! My partner takes time off work unpaid to take me to hospital appointments so some months we do struggle but we adapt our lifestyle around that months money not splashing out on stairage organisers or cleaners
Oh the storage organizers will be gifted Tgats exactly why Amy posted asking. Waiting for someone to tag them so she can get it free.

Reactions: 9
Not a scam but I can’t believe some of the items on this gofundme list for a couple who were pregnant with twins!! Some people have no shame when it comes to grifting. It’s not like even when you only have a singleton you need half of this stuff. And they managed to raise the equivalent of £6k!

Some of my favourites, I mean, come on 😂:
  • Naturopath consults x 1-2
  • Homeopathic consult and remedies for S & A (pre and post partum)
  • Placenta encapsulation $450
  • Post Natal meal support - there will be a community meal train but to take the burden off A & S in there will be a local naturopath chef friend helping him fill any gaps w home cooking/teaching visits ($500approx)
  • 2-4 helper friends will come to support over next 6months and A&S will contribute to their travel expenses
  • Household Furniture items to adapt space for a baby friendly, streamlined and functional home - separate office area, breakfast bench, additional drawers/cabinets/storage/compartment items etc...(multiple)
  • Paid offsite storage space at local storage facility ($4.5k for year) due to Astro needing to setup his mountain bike business from the downstairs garage, using the available storage space up that was once there

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Is that latest photo of dilly on Ozs page from today? It looks like they are in the clinic. I do hope they aren't continuing with them x

Reactions: 2
Not a scam but I can’t believe some of the items on this gofundme list for a couple who were pregnant with twins!! Some people have no shame when it comes to grifting. It’s not like even when you only have a singleton you need half of this stuff. And they managed to raise the equivalent of £6k!

Some of my favourites, I mean, come on 😂:
  • Naturopath consults x 1-2
  • Homeopathic consult and remedies for S & A (pre and post partum)
  • Placenta encapsulation $450
  • Post Natal meal support - there will be a community meal train but to take the burden off A & S in there will be a local naturopath chef friend helping him fill any gaps w home cooking/teaching visits ($500approx)
  • 2-4 helper friends will come to support over next 6months and A&S will contribute to their travel expenses
  • Household Furniture items to adapt space for a baby friendly, streamlined and functional home - separate office area, breakfast bench, additional drawers/cabinets/storage/compartment items etc...(multiple)
  • Paid offsite storage space at local storage facility ($4.5k for year) due to Astro needing to setup his mountain bike business from the downstairs garage, using the available storage space up that was once there
"As some of you may know, our beloved friends Astro and Samaria are presently on the brink of birthing their two little Twinnies Earthside "

BIB - What the actual duck? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is that latest photo of dilly on Ozs page from today? It looks like they are in the clinic. I do hope they aren't continuing with them x
Yeah Amy did that they were going to continue natural treatments on a story i think.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Unfortunately, some people are lowest of the low and they will turn any situation (no matter how devastating and heartbreaking) it is, into an attention seeking me me me and use said opportunity to cash in.

The world is full of low people like this, and just because they are going through something as sad as they are, doesn’t mean they are perfect angels. It’s when people tend to show their true selves, and as by magic, they have!

god forbid I would ever find myself in that position with a sick child, I would come off all social media. Get rid of the screens. Live in the now.

no way would I be posting “updates” to a bunch of strangers all over the internet. And certainly would not be grifting free cleaners and asking for cash. It’s mortifying behaviour in my opinion.
Totally agree with all of this.

Reactions: 1
I agree. I cannot imagine he’d be able to work at a time like this. It’s a shame he wouldn’t be entitled to compassionate leave or sick leave but maybe it’s not affordable.
Poor Dillan looks very unwell. 💔
they’ve got two disabled kids they’ll get dla for them both. Amy’s not working so she will get carers allowance. Your average Joe would get by but it won’t pay for the penthouse and moncler

Reactions: 7
That poor boy. Why don't they just let him rest and be at home!

It's still as though they don't quite realise just how ill he is? Maybe it's denial as a form of self protection. But he really needs to be resting now 😔

• Sad
That poor little boy. They’re now covering his face but he’s at his most vulnerable, I just hope he doesn’t suffer too much more as he’s suffered enough. As a mother I totally feel for Amy especially. However the go fund me annoys me I won’t budge on that.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Amy covered his face but Oz posted a photo this morning of Dilly in bed and he looks very poorly. So I’m unsure if that clinic photo is from today

Reactions: 5
I haven't contributed to this thread previously but I'm a paediatric oncology nurse and seeing how this little boy is being hauled around breaks my heart. I understand as a Mother you want to do everything in your power for your children, but there comes a time when it needs to stop. His body will be so fragile from the chemo and steroids and everything will be like a marathon for him. It's the equivalent of insisting on CPR on a elderly relative because you don't want them to die. It's cruel and causes unnecessary trauma.
The idea of anyone doing gofundme really doesn't sit right. They have been given so much money/gifts etc because they look like the conventional perfect family. Beautiful parents and children and a lush home. I can guarantee that if they were a rough council estate couple, they wouldn't get anywhere near what they have.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I haven't contributed to this thread previously but I'm a paediatric oncology nurse and seeing how this little boy is being hauled around breaks my heart. I understand as a Mother you want to do everything in your power for your children, but there comes a time when it needs to stop. His body will be so fragile from the chemo and steroids and everything will be like a marathon for him. It's the equivalent of insisting on CPR on a elderly relative because you don't want them to die. It's cruel and causes unnecessary trauma.
The idea of anyone doing gofundme really doesn't sit right. They have been given so much money/gifts etc because they look like the conventional perfect family. Beautiful parents and children and a lush home. I can guarantee that if they were a rough council estate couple, they wouldn't get anywhere near what they have.
I agree with your last sentence. I have a friend whose daughter has neuroblastoma. She's a single parent. Her daughter is 5, like Dilly. My friend is Polish, but has lived here since she was 8. They've had a really traumatic journey which culminated in them having to seek treatment in Poland as her concerns weren't taken seriously by their doctor here (hence why I mentioned she's Polish, in case I seem xenophobic). She found out her daughter has stage 4 neuroblastoma, and then found out recently that Car T therapy is her only remaining treatment and they're really struggling to raise the funds. She's been treated in Poland because for various reasons it wasn't possible to bring her home to treat her post diagnosis. They've lost their house, her school, their entire life. They managed to get back to the UK for 2 weeks between treatment recently because things are looking quite dire at the moment. My friend isn't rough, but she's certainly not a millionaire. It breaks my heart seeing the difference in funding between two similar cases. Even more so because the family getting the funding doesn't actually seem to need it.
Obviously my heart breaks for Amy, Dilly and family.... But I just wish that all children had the ability to access the resources needed to have a chance at winning their battle.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I noticed Amy often has a lot of blue ticks commenting - her last post had Dane Bowers, Brooke Vincent, Charlotte Dawson and some others with large followings that I’ve not heard of.

Was Amy already known to this crowd like Ashley Cain was? Or is it a status/wealth thing that got her noticed because like others have said, there will be other families in similar situations that the blue tick crowd wouldn’t give a damn about.

Reactions: 5
I noticed Amy often has a lot of blue ticks commenting - her last post had Dane Bowers, Brooke Vincent, Charlotte Dawson and some others with large followings that I’ve not heard of.

Was Amy already known to this crowd like Ashley Cain was? Or is it a status/wealth thing that got her noticed because like others have said, there will be other families in similar situations that the blue tick crowd wouldn’t give a damn about.
She said she used to work in radio, so whether it's through that or just running in wealthy circles I'm not sure.
---
Thank goodness for people like yourself, doing the job you do. It can't be easy.

Reactions: 4
I agree with your last sentence. I have a friend whose daughter has neuroblastoma. She's a single parent. Her daughter is 5, like Dilly. My friend is Polish, but has lived here since she was 8. They've had a really traumatic journey which culminated in them having to seek treatment in Poland as her concerns weren't taken seriously by their doctor here (hence why I mentioned she's Polish, in case I seem xenophobic). She found out her daughter has stage 4 neuroblastoma, and then found out recently that Car T therapy is her only remaining treatment and they're really struggling to raise the funds. She's been treated in Poland because for various reasons it wasn't possible to bring her home to treat her post diagnosis. They've lost their house, her school, their entire life. They managed to get back to the UK for 2 weeks between treatment recently because things are looking quite dire at the moment. My friend isn't rough, but she's certainly not a millionaire. It breaks my heart seeing the difference in funding between two similar cases. Even more so because the family getting the funding doesn't actually seem to need it.
Obviously my heart breaks for Amy, Dilly and family.... But I just wish that all children had the ability to access the resources needed to have a chance at winning their battle.
Does your friend have a GoFundMe me or anything?

Reactions: 3
Does your friend have a GoFundMe me or anything?
She does - I wasn't sure if I'd be allowed to post it. I've added it below. My friend updated me and said they're opening a charity in Poland to raise funds next week, and she's hopeful that they should get a bit closer to their goal.

If this isn't allowed here I'll happily remove it/have it deleted. And if it is allowed to be on here, I'd like anyone reading to know that my friend doesn't want anyone to feel forced/obligated into donating. Xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.